Importing old MS Mail folders

I need to import the shared folders and global address book from an old MS
Mail postoffice.  I have seen some discussions concerning migrating
mailboxes but very little at that.  Can anyone point me in the right
direction?

THanx!

0
tim1976 (14)

Two Personal Folders in Outlook 2003
I moved my .PST file from my old PC that was using Outlook 98 to my new XP driven PC that uses Office and Outlook 2003. I had to rename the .PST from PERSONAL to OUTLOOK in order to get it work. Trouble is there are two (2) PERSONAL FOLDERS in Outlook 2003 that are identical, except for different icons. One icon looks like a "house", the other looks like a "card or address file". Any suggestions on how to get rid of one of these would be greatly appreciated. I'm over my head, and Microsoft's support areas are no help. Thanks. Ben Collins If you can&#...

importing Data from access #2
I have been attempting to create a reservation planning form in excel that imports Data from an Access database and inserts that information automaticly into the correct spreed sheet and the correct cells within that worksheet. The Excel Book is made up of 12 worksheets named Jan-Dec. Each worksheet has columns labeled as each day of that month. Column 'A' is reserved for 19 rows named "room1 - room19". The data I am importing from the data base is " start date", "end date" and "room number". I am also importing " surname" which i have ...

Importing into Oulook beta
Had backup installed on outlook 2003. This transferred to Outlook Beta fine when I transferred. Used it to back-up all Outlook files. Have just re-formatted. Now........ 1. Can't install Outlook Backup from Microsoft site. - it says that Outlook isn't found on my computer. 2. If I try to import the .PST file, (not using Backup) it locks up and after that, the cursor disappears behind Outlook window. Only redemable using system restore. I want to get my folders, mail and settings back. Any ideas? Nick NOTTNICK <nmm457@bellows.org.uk.nospam> wrote: > Now........ > ...

VBA for NotInList return to old record or BeforeUpdate value
I have a unbound combo box to find a record on a form. it is basically wizard created code. if the ID is NotInList the form jumps to a random record and the combo still displays the Invalid ID giving the impression the correct record is selected. i tried to add a message box which pops up but the form maintains the same behavior. After the message box is confirmed i would like everything to remain on whatever record was previously selected before the Invalid ID was entered Private Sub Form_Current() Me.SelectByPN_Combo = Me.TRKID 'Updates SelectByPN_Combo when navigation ...

Arranging mail in inbox does not sort properly
When trying to organize items in the inbox by importance you would expect the items after the important items to be listed in chronological order....why doesn't this happen? This is the way it happened in Outlook 98...any help is appreciated.... Go to View | Current View | Customize Current View, click the Sort button, and set your preferred sorting columns and sort order there. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:066e01c3daf3$f0e4f230$a10128...

Mail message from Word template
Hi, How can I create a new mail message from an existing Word template? Thanks. In Outlook 2003? Create a new document from the template, then choose = File | Send To | Mail Recipient --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "S. Diego" <sdiego@hotmail.com> wrote in message = news:uqSCb5GRHHA.4896@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, ...

Importing Campaign Responses Data in row did not match the import
We are struggling to understand how to importing Campaign Responses using the bulk import wizard. We receive the errors: Reason: Data in row did not match the import type Reason ID: 0x8004032d Please could someone help us diagnose where the problem lies? Thanks Hi, It is very difficult to help you with just this information. We will need some more information to give you helpful suggestions. like whts are the fields, type of file, mapping to which fields and other details. Following URL may be helpful to you. http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/troubleshooting/tsbulkimport.msp...

Signatures and MS Updates
We have a customer that says everytime windows performs updates Microsoft Outlook 2003 loses the signature when creating new messages. They say that it has to be re-applied. Have you have come across this? No. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, David asked: | We have a customer that says everytime windows performs updates | Microsoft Outlook 2003 loses the signature when creating new | messages. They say that it has to be re-applied. Have you have come | across this? ...

How import MSWorks spreadsheet to Excel
I am using Exel 2000 and want to impoort a spreadsheet from MSWorks, but I can't seem to find out how. Can't these two MS programs talk to each other? No, they can't talk to each other. It's a Microsoft marketing issue, they don't want Works to compete with Office, so you have to do a "save as" in Works. "BillAtt" wrote: > I am using Exel 2000 and want to impoort a spreadsheet from MSWorks, but I > can't seem to find out how. Can't these two MS programs talk to each other? Thank you; I think that will help me. "dlw" wrot...

Item Import in MS POS
Is it Possible to import Items from CSV or TXT to POS (not RMS) thanks, Yes, there's an inventory import wizard that does this. It's in the manager application - the help guide will give you addl info on this. "Sachafav" wrote: > Is it Possible to import Items from CSV or TXT to POS (not RMS) > > thanks, > ...

Partial download using Remote mail / Offline folders
When using Remote Mail, you can download just the message headers. I'm wondering is it possible to configure Outlook 2000 or 2002, in offline mode, to 1) download, say, the first 10 lines of an email 2) download just the email message without attachments or vice versa Thanks. -Brad Nope... it's header or everything. "Brad Lau" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0fa701c39a04$f448e330$3101280a@phx.gbl... > When using Remote Mail, you can download just the message > headers. I'm wondering is it possible to configure Outlook > 20...

Recurring Meetings Imported from Domino
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C583A2.DFFFC8B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Background: Users were migrated from Domino R5 to Exchange 2003 SP1. Problem: When users cancel a recurring meeting that was created in = Domino and imported into Exchange each listed attendee receives multiple = copies of the cancellation, somewhere in the neighborhood of 180 copies. = This behavior is limited to meetings that were imported from Domino. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why th...

Import pst file from Outlook til OE 6.0?
I'm trying to import pst files from Outlook til Outlook xpress 6.0. I get the message "can not import from the MAPI client..." -- Regards Gjermund Unless you also have Outlook on that machine, you won't be able to import the PST files. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza "Gjermund A. Bjordal" <gjermund.bjordal@online.no> wrote in messag...

Import Historical Stock Data from Yahoo-Finance
For a long time I thought this was not possible, but I just read a post recently that makes me think that this probably IS possible. Is there a way to import data from finance.yahoo.com, into a table, if you store all stock symbols in a table, and put beginning and ending date in a form (in a couple of TextBoxes)? I know how to do this in Excel, with all stock tickers in a row, like row 4 (or whatever), and all the dates going in descending order in Column A, and each security’s historical prices under the symbols (which are in row 4, for instance). The problem in Access i...

Importing SunOne Calendar Events?
Anyone have luck importing SunOne Calendar items? Our method seems to import them but then they end up with features greyed out if you want to modify them. Thanks ...

Access Mail
Can anyone tell me how to access outlook mail in my office over the web. We have an exchange server but I can remember the website name. Theres no such thing as 'outlook mail' outlook is merely a app. that allows you to access yr mail from yr provider you would have to go to yr mail providers web site to see if they have web access. "Ed" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:042701c4a752$738290f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone tell me how to access outlook mail in my office > over the web. We have an exchange server but I can > re...

Import into Word
We designed in Publisher XP a letterhead. We would like to import this into Word to use as a template. Can anybody pls. help? It just seems impossible for some reason to find any help on this. Thanks so much, z In Publisher, file, save as, files of type, scroll down to whatever image format you have in mind. When you import the image into Word use the graphics tools to crop or if you have saved it as a .wmf, you can ungroup it in Word and delete all the unnecessary background. Can you select the letterhead and copy/paste into Word? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http:...

Outlook 2003 blocks outgoing e-mail messages that are medium to la
Outlook 2003 e-mail works fine without attachments or with small Word documents attached. However with standard size Word attachments or larger, including PDF's etc. the Send hangs with the error message #OX800CCCOF saying it can't find the outgoing e-mail server. The mail server and my ISP are working fine. I have a Linksys residential router that works. The problem occurs despite having Norton e-mail filtering turned off, parental filtering not filtering e-mail, and my Norton Personal Firewall and Windows internal firewall turned off. Is this a Windows problem, an Outlook prob...

e-mail #20
how do i set outlook 2000 to receive e-mail only from names found in the address book? "haines" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:597401c3e5be$4bbfbdf0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > how do i set outlook 2000 to receive e-mail only from > names found in the address book? You can't AFAIK - OE has a workaround for this, and Eudora does it well! ok where do I find this OE workaround? ...

mails cannot been displayed in OWA, but outlook is OK
Hi there are 2 accounts in our Exchange which cannot display any mails in OWA, but it's ok if you use outlook. any idea please let me know! thanks On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 16:31:49 +0800, "johnosn" <zqs_163@hotmail.com> wrote: >there are 2 accounts in our Exchange which cannot display any mails in OWA, >but it's ok if you use outlook. >any idea please let me know! Are they able to log in to their mailboxes using OWA? Can they see anything in their Calendar, or Contacts? Use the EMC and find the mailbox. Is it a "User Mailbox"? With...

Win. Mail
I seem to have lost the scroll bar on the right side of my message page Hi, Bobbie. I can think of two possible causes for this. 1. You need to adjust your screen size or your windows size and location to show the right side of the message pane. Use your arrow keys or mouse to make your window smaller, or move it to the left until the right border - including the scroll bar - appears. 2. You may be looking a a message that is less than a full page long - making the scroll bar unnecessary for this page. RC -- R. C. White, CPA San Marcos, TX rc@grandecom.net Mi...

Bulk Import of Contacts #2
Urgent!! We have a requirement to automatically map Accounts information with Contacts . Import the mapped data into CRM system using the Bulk Import Tool. As per CRM, we can not import contact and associate to an account automatically using CRM's bulk data import tool. ParentCompanyId field is a GUID and we are trying to associate the Text to that field. If we want to use CRM's bulk import tool, we need to import contact first, and then import account, then associate them manually. And we have thousands of records. Hello Faiz, It sounds like you are using version 3.0, correct...

Importing
Good morning I have a tall order and your help would be much appreciated. I always have problems with Ranges properties etc but have got by from finding solutions from the many excellent replies here particularly when it comes to VBA and Macro's. However I now seem to have a problem in finding a suitable solution butif you don't ask ... I have a workbook with several sheets with named employees. At the end of each month I get sent a workbook with details of time spent by each employee on different tasks. Their names appear on the top cell with all their expense details listed below. ...

Control pasted/imported data to use only ODD or EVEN rows
I want to move data from access 2000 to excel I want to paste or import. May I tell excel to only accept one paste to use ODD rows, the the second paste to use even rows? I have spit data in access queries so I can use two pastes,exports. I have 5000 rows to do per paste. Maybe fifty columns The data in each paste will have identical columns and information. example; Joe, Smith, address, 1st car info (red blue black) Joe, Smith, address, 2nd car info (red blue black) Mary Poppins, address, 1st car info (red blue black) Mary Poppins, address, 2nd car info (red blue black) If you have a s...

Importing Outlook Express files
Seems like it should be simple, but unfortunately not obvious. Before reformatting my hard drive, somehow my Outlook files were saved as Outlook Express files. I now have about 10 different Outlook Express files. They look ok, but I can't seem to be able to convert or import them to Outlook. They seem to be unreadable with Outlook Express also. ...