Import of PST Files into Exchange 2003

Hi All,

I am setting up an Exchange 2003 environment and was wondering if
there was a limit to the PST file size that can be imported into a
users mailbox.

We have a coupe of users who have PST files of about 1 1/2 GB and I
needed to know if I would have a problem importing files of this size.

Thanks for any insights.

Kev wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am setting up an Exchange 2003 environment and was wondering if
> there was a limit to the PST file size that can be imported into a
> users mailbox.
>
> We have a coupe of users who have PST files of about 1 1/2 GB and I
> needed to know if I would have a problem importing files of this size.

Only if you have mailbox quotas in place - either on the store or per user -
that are lower than that size.

> Thanks for any insights.

0
lanwench (7567)
11/4/2004 2:24:07 PM
Shouldn't have any problems with that as long as you have the disk space.
I've had mailboxes in the 3-5 GB range before...

"Kev" <postmasterNOSPAM@NOSPAM-ntadmin.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I am setting up an Exchange 2003 environment and was wondering if
> there was a limit to the PST file size that can be imported into a
> users mailbox.
>
> We have a coupe of users who have PST files of about 1 1/2 GB and I
> needed to know if I would have a problem importing files of this size.
>
> Thanks for any insights.

0
jonesy_101 (13)
11/4/2004 2:27:55 PM
Thanks for your help guys.

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 08:27:55 -0600, "JD" <jonesy_10@nospam.yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Shouldn't have any problems with that as long as you have the disk space.
>I've had mailboxes in the 3-5 GB range before...
>
>"Kev" <postmasterNOSPAM@NOSPAM-ntadmin.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am setting up an Exchange 2003 environment and was wondering if
>> there was a limit to the PST file size that can be imported into a
>> users mailbox.
>>
>> We have a coupe of users who have PST files of about 1 1/2 GB and I
>> needed to know if I would have a problem importing files of this size.
>>
>> Thanks for any insights.

There is a known limit on a PST file size in Outlook 2000 and older
versions. Same limit will apply if PST file in Outlook 2003 is configured in
a non-Unicode mode (Outlook - Account properties - Advanced - Mailbox mode).
I have faced this problem before.

Regards,
Boris

"Kev" <postmasterNOSPAM@NOSPAM-ntadmin.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I am setting up an Exchange 2003 environment and was wondering if
> there was a limit to the PST file size that can be imported into a
> users mailbox.
>
> We have a coupe of users who have PST files of about 1 1/2 GB and I
> needed to know if I would have a problem importing files of this size.
>
> Thanks for any insights.

0
msexpert1 (171)

Linking a graph to a csv file
**Excel 2002 Hello, I'm sure this is exceedingly easy, but somehow, I'm screwing this up. I ultimately need to have a self- updating PowerPoint file (client mandates a ppt file). According to ppt's help, that means I have to use linked Excel graphs, not embedded ppt graphs. However, my programmer will be supplying me with tons of csv files. When I try to create an excel file with a data link to a csv file, it tells me that it can't update it unless I open the source file. I *can't* take the time to open each csv - there will be hundreds. What am I missing wi...

2 site/1 e-mail domain
Ok here is the setup at the moment 2 sites - different locations no direct link domain1.local (2003 server) using company.co.uk domain2.local (2003 server) using company.co.uk domain1 collects the e-mail from an external source and uses mailgate to sort mail (users pop in) domain1 has an account for domain2 with alias users that are at domain2 domain2 then uses the same mailgate program to collect from domain1 and users at domain2 pop to that. both sites are moving to exchange but both use the same company.co.uk for e-mail is there a way to setup domain1 to recieve mail but also have doma...

Format Cells Date (or any change) not working on imported data
Hello, I've just spent ages researching this and not come up with what I need to be able to do. I have a worksheet for some simple data that has been imported, a date, text and number column (as they display graphically to the end user). All are a "general" format when using Format > Cells. The issue I have is that the date information is in an American date format and I would like to change them into a UK date format. Format > Cells and selecting any option (including custom and special) makes no changes to the imported data. I have seen the work arounds whereby you sp...

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

Quirky recent file list #2
Debra--- I do tend to open from Windows Explore more then File>Open. But I am saving the file. It's more that it is annoying when I close a file by accident and don't quite remember where it got saved on the server. Stacie -- SPenney ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SPenney's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1079 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=267592 Well, I guess you weren't the only one who wanted this behaviour changed. <g> If/when you upgr...

Frontpage 2003 or Publisher 2003 ?
Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info appreciated. Hi Cracker Jacks (cjacks<nospamz)@verizon.net), in the newsgroups you posted: || Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am || familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the || server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info || appreciated. I recommend FrontPage 2003. FrontPage 2003 doesn't REQUIRE FrontPage Server extensions,...

outlook 2000 help file

Outlook 2003

Exchange 2007 Evaluation version #2

Excel Crash

Import Palm files
Can anyone help me by telling me how to import palm files (dat files) into outlook. I want to import contact, calendar, etc Depends what you can export to from Palm Desktop. Personally, I've found this messy. Why not just get sync software that can sync your Palm with Outlook directly? Chapura Pocketmirror or Pumatech Intellisync are two ideas....or your Palm CD may have come with this option. F. Carvalho wrote: > Can anyone help me by telling me how to import palm files > (dat files) into outlook. I want to import contact, > calendar, etc ...

Outlook 2003 Contact data

List Shows Private Files
DID ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THIS? Whenever I save an attachment, and go to the drop down menu for file name, I am shown a list of dozens of files recently accessed on the computer (not just files accessed by Outlook Express). This occurs even if recent cocuments is turned off in Windows XP and even if the recent documents folder for Windows XP has been cleared. This shows too much! Others using Outlook Express on the same computer can potentially view the file names of every document, image, and device recently accessed. Where is the folder to clear this data out of? duncan <anonym...

Unable to create more Windows NT accounts for Exchange mailboxes
Hi Guys, Currently our Exchange server stopped allowing the creation of more Windows NT Accounts with the following error"Insufficient System Resources exist to complete the requested service".Pls is there a way out of this? We run Exchange 5.5 SP3 on Windows NT Server. -- Buchi ...

Edit Microsoft Exchange System Object with ADSI
When I applied a new recipient policy to add a 2nd domain name to our users, I applied it to all rather than using a filter to only pick the users in the Users OU. Everything was still fine but we have one conflict. A public folder had the same name as a user and thus had the same email address. We are getting the event:Event ID: 9514 Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Description: Two objects in the Directory have the same proxy - /DC=COM/DC=[DomainName]/CN=[ContainerName1]/CN=[Object1] and /DC=COM/DC=[DomainName]/CN=[ContainerName2]/CN=[Object2] I deleted the public folder b...

Memory Usage When Playing WMV HD Files
Hi all, When I watch a WMV HD file using WMP11, the file appears to start up and play well until I try to fast forward / jump to another part of the file, then the player just stops and after watching via the task manager, WMP memory usage goes through the roof ie. gigabytes and ultimately the player crashes. Have reinstalled the player, have tried various codecs etc but all appears to be unsuccessful. System is XP based, E6600 cpu with 4gb PC6400 memory and 8800GTS 640mb graphics. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Dumb question: what video card d...

To increase the upload file limit ONLY for one site collection
Hi, I have more than 1900 site collections on a web application. I know I can modify the upload file limit thru the CA or directly on the Web config file. However, I do not want to change the setting for all the site collections. I need to be able to change the setting only for a particular site collection. Is there anyway I can add manualy that entry in the web config file. Has anyone tried? Is this possible? Thanks in advance, Antonio ...

Upgrading from Exchange 2000 Standard to Enterprise Cal ? #2
Hello Everyone, I know the upgrade process from exchange 2000 standard to enterprise seems pretty straight forward. However, I have a cal question. Are my standard cals still good with this upgrade. Say I have right now standard 2000 with 30 cals. If I upgrade to Exchange 2000 Enterprise with 25 cals to pass the 16mb limitation. Would I then only have the 25 cals or 55 total cals? Thanks ...

Contact not importing names of csv lists
Whenever I import a csv file into outlook 2007 it imports only the email addresses, nothing else. I've titled the csv columns with the exact same headings as the outlook contact headings. Still, it imports only the email addresses. What do I need to do to get it to import the full names as well? Is it correct to assume that because you stated that you "titled the csv columns the same as the Outlook contact headings" - that you used "auto-map" to import your data? There is absolutely no reason, benefit or value whatsoever (under any circumstances) in ...

file sbolext.dll
Downloaded a program some time ago that I found had spyware in it.When I took out the programs I started getting error message at start up of Outlook. "file hotbar\bin\448~1.o\sbolext.dll missing" Downloaded from Microsoft the newest version of the file. Still getting the error message on start. The program runs fine, don't know why it is looking for this file. Running Office 2000 Sr-1. The program removed was hot bars for wall paper and scam mail. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. e-mail address is jvanwie@tampabay.rr.com. ...