Import/Merge PST file into existing mailbox

What is the best way to merge messages, calendar, etc. into an existing
Exchange mailbox? I need to do this preserving the existing mailbox data
hopefully without getting duplicates?

Thanks for help!

0
Neilrahc (2)

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 17:48:13 -0800, Neilrahc
<Neilrahc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>What is the best way to merge messages, calendar, etc. into an existing
>Exchange mailbox? I need to do this preserving the existing mailbox data
>hopefully without getting duplicates?
>
>Thanks for help!

Exmerge.
There is an option to not create duplicates based upon message-id
0
adavid (8731)
3/18/2006 2:41:58 AM
You could try Exmerge located at this link
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=429163ec-dcdf-47dc-96da-1c12d67327d5&displaylang=en

"Neilrahc" <Neilrahc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What is the best way to merge messages, calendar, etc. into an existing
> Exchange mailbox? I need to do this preserving the existing mailbox data
> hopefully without getting duplicates?
>
> Thanks for help!

0
exchange.mvp (559)

Can't use Merge feature
If I have a postcard file I've already made on the screen, when I try to pull up the "Merge" feature under Tools, it is shaded grey and I can't open it. It insists that I either form a new database list of addresses or edit the one that I want to merge. I don't want to edit the one I want to merge. I just want to MERGE it. If, however, I have just a postcard template on the screen (without it having been made into anything), I CAN pull up the "merge" feature under Tools. It is not shaded out. How do I un-shade the "merge" feature? To merg...

automatically naming files for savingb

lead import seams to be boring
Hi. Everytime I import leads from Excel I must manually map every column to the proper CRM fileds. Is there a way to do it once ? In the first row of excel file I wrote the name of the labels of the fields but it doesn't work. Any idea ? Sebastiano To automate it, you could use the Data Migration Framework, set up a recurring DTS task to move the leads from Excel to the CDF tables, and then a batch job to run the Migration tool at night (or whenever nobody is in the system). Harder to set up, but easier to maintain, until the spreadsheet changes. :-) -- Kevin Hill 3NF Consulting w...

Deleted file in Outlook
I accidentaly deleted a folder in Outlook 2003 and am wondering if it possible to retreive it. Thank you, Karl youthminman@yahoo.com <youthminman@yahoo.com> wrote: > I accidentaly deleted a folder in Outlook 2003 and am wondering if it > possible to retreive it. Unless you permanently deleted it (i.e., held down Shift when pressing Delete), it will be in your Deleted items folder, unless you've emptied that folder. If you have emptied it, other suggestions depend on knowing what data store you're using (PST or Exchange mailbox). -- Brian Tillman ...

Import directory data into Excel 2003
I have over 1000 media files that I would like to extract information from and put into an Excel spreadsheet. Using Explorer, I have defined the fields I would like to see, such as title, duration, comment etc. Now, I need to import this data into Excel. So far, I've not been able to find a way to do this. Can someone offer some suggestions please? Thanks, Nigel -- www.myoldcontacts.com - Tell your friends to tell their friends www.sysadmininc.com - Consultancy, Service, Sales, Networking... www.british-expats.com - Connect with British Expats World Wide www.kxez.com/shows_britishinv...

Import excel data to outlook calendar
I have found lots of tips to import excel data to the address book, etc, but can't find how to "custom map" or how to import data from an excel spreadsheet into the outlook calendar. Could anyone make any suggestions? Hi Tracy, normally you are in the wrong newsgoup, but I try to help you. - First export the dates from your OL calender to an excel file. - In this file, you can find all the headlines for importing. - If you try to import date, be sure that the headline matches as described before. - Then to the normal job for import in Outlook -- Ich hoffe, das hilft / ...

delete outlook.pst
Can I delete this file and have Outlook open up as if I had never used it before? TIA Rather than delete it, why not just rename it to outlook.bak? Then when you open Outlook, you will have a chance to create a new .pst file. If you want to delete it because of problems with it, why not tell us what the problem is so someone may be able to help you? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, RA asked: | Can I delete...

Inserting dashes to an existing number
Hi, I am trying to create a formula that will divide this ten digit numbe into the following dashes. Here is the number 1234000999 I need the dashes to be inserted in thi format 1234-000-999. What is the appropriate formula. Thanks for your help. Dinahros -- dinahros ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dinahrose's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1334 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26643 Why not just custom format right click on selection>format>number>custom...

Importing Excel named ranges using MS Query
I want to use multiple ranges (named) as the data source for a pivot table using MS Query. When I import the workbook my options are only to select the "tables" (which are my sheets referenced as sheetname$). I don't want to use the entire sheet, just my named ranges in multiple sheets. Thanks, Kathy H Names ranges should appear in the list of tables, unless they're dynamic ranges. But if there's nothing else on the sheet, you can use the sheetname$ tables. KHanna wrote: > I want to use multiple ranges (named) as the data source for a pivot table > usi...

XML File Converter for MS 2004
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel I'm a high school teacher. I write power points on MS 2004 on my Mac and transfer them to my school's PC that has MS 2003. This worked great, with exception of minor formatting changes, until a month ago. Power points that I previously opened on that PC, along with new ones, would not open - this is disasterous for instruction. My tech says 1) the school's PC may have had updates that caused the new problem and 2) that I should install the Open XML File Converter for Mac's MS 2004. I'm concerned tha...

Creating a Mail Merge template in 4.0
I am using the RC0 image for demo purposes and have not managed to do this. When editing the template in word I get the message "Record 1 contained too many data fields." If it is never going to work please just let me know and I will try to focus on teh live releasse. Cheers, Mike. I get the same behavior in the released version. I suspect the 'Edit Template in Word' operation is simply invoking the template as if it was doing a mail merge operation; because there is no data available (you are in the editor of the letter template afterall), the merge process get...

Serializing existing inventory
I've convinced the people who matter that we need to go to serialized inventory. I have LOTS of items in my SO & HQ databases that I need to convert from Standard to Serialized item type. Here's what I have in mind--you tell me what I've missed... 1. Identify items to be changed from Standard to Serialized. Easy. I will use a Symbol PocketPC scanner and PTS' Tracer software to scan the Item Lookup Codes and Serial Numbers from most of the items. Floor models will have to be entered manually, but overall they're a small percentage of the entire inventory. 2. R...

how do I transfer file from Clipboard to an e-mail message
How do I transfer a file from Outlook clipboard or C drive to the body of an e-mail message NOT as an attachment. thanks you would need to open the file and copy the contents. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOF...

Importing .txt data into Excel
I am trying to import a .txt file with a 6 digit date into Excel. The date is formatted as a mmddyy and when changing this field to a date excel seems to translate any yy >= 30 as 1930 instead of 2030? Dave, That is the default break point for two digit year data entry. If you need 010135 to be Jan 1, 2035, then use an four digit year in the txt file creation. Otherwise, use a formula to fix the dates - say that you will have no dates in the 1900s: =IF(YEAR(A2)<2000,DATE(YEAR(A2)+100,MONTH(A2),DAY(A2)),A2) then copy down and paste special values over the original ...

Transferring files to a new computer
Hi - I'm in the process of configuring my new Windows XP with MSFT Small Biz. I was running Windows 98 and using Outlook 2000. Now I want to copy all my old emails, folders, addresses etc. into the new version of Outlook 2003 but I can't seem to find it. It's not recognizing my saved files as .PST files. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks, daviskho "daviskho" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052801c3dbb0$e46e5970$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi - I'm in the process of configuring my new Windows XP > with MSFT Small Biz. ...

Too large to send, yet the file gets saved.
I noticed that a user's mailbox grew from 100KB to 400KB in a few days. This got my attention. I pokjed around and found that he had tried to zip a really big file and send it to his AOL account. (we won't talk about what was in that single file that would not compress al that well :-) ) The file was 161MB (obviously this is larger than global message delivery default) and it was in both his sent items and found in the bounce-back message from the system administrator: This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter messa...

Capital One giving me corrupt Money import files
Money is saying the files I get from Capital One credit card are corrupt. Some months import fine, while others I get an error. I try to get support from Capital One, but they keep giving me the runaround. Anything I can do with Money to get this to work? I have about 50 transactions a month and rather not input these manually! -Max Max, The problem is that there's a character in the statement you're getting from Capital One that Money is choking on. I've run in to the same issue...save the statement from Capital One to your hard drive and edit it by hand. Search for &qu...

jpg files
I have had several users experiencing problems opening pictures from Outlook 2000. Their O/S is XP Pro. Any ideas? Thank You, Jamie ...

Importing CSV or xls data
I have an investment account that will only give me current positions in CSV or xls format. I can enter these manually but the Account Summary->Account Update option for investment accounts is painfully slow and actually quite buggy (resets my data several times while I enter it). Is there a way to convert these to a format that money 2007 can import? Thanks, Kevin In microsoft.public.money, <kevin_gallo@hotmail.com> wrote: >I have an investment account that will only give me current positions in CSV >or xls format. I can enter these manually but the Account Summar...

Copying Very Large files
Would there be any performance gain if we used win2008R2 rather than Windows 7 at each end for copying large(2-5GB batches). -- Craig On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 11:56:55 -0600, "News" <nf@no.com> wrote: >Would there be any performance gain if we used win2008R2 rather than >Windows 7 at each end for copying large(2-5GB batches). > >-- Craig > I doubt it but the performance will differ in ways that depend upon the file size not just the total bytes. You may find some clues in http://blogs.technet.com/markrussinovich/archive/2008/02/04/28261...

Help setting a File Name
hi experts I'm having trouble with the following: Cell J1 of Sheet1 contains a date, say Dec. 15, 2009. Sheet1 has a 'Save' button called cmbSave. When I click cbmSave, I'd like the SaveAs... dialog to be shown with the suggested File Name showing as 'POS_Summary_091215.xls' . In other words, I'd like the suggested file name to start with 'POS_Summary_', and to end with the J1 date in yymmdd format. Can this be done? thank you in advance Cinnie -- cinnie Sub newdate() Dim d As Date, s As String d = Range("J1").Va...

Web link to Excel 97 file
I've got a link to an Excel '97 file from a ColdFusion page. The link works fine the first time I click it. However, if I close the file down and click the link again, I get a message saying 'Cars.xls is being modified by (my user name). Would you like to open as read only?' I can open the file as read only, but am wondering why I get this message, even when I'm not modifying it? I've had other users try and it works the same way for them, except it tells them they're the one currently modifying it. We're using Internet Explorer 5.5 and Windows 20...