import external entities to Exchange 5.5

Is there a tool or script to allow me to import external
entities into Exchagne 5.5?  On an Exchange 2000 system I
can use csvde to import contact objects.  I am looking
for some similar method to import to Exchange 5.5.

I want to import a list of 700 names and email addresses
that are foreign to the Exchange 5.5 system.  I want to
be able to hide them all from the GAL initially.  I would
also like to be able to use these external contacts as
forwarders for certain internal users.

Thanks,
Josh

0
jkrueger (1)

why does my sheet not save external link values?
When I open a sheet that cointais external link values, I see a lot of '#REF? errors. So, I need to open the referenced files as well. This is not the default behaviour, because Execel normaly saves a copy of the "last seen" external values How can I get the sheet to save external link values internally? xirx wrote: > When I open a sheet that cointais external link values, > I see a lot of '#REF? errors. So, I need to open > the referenced files as well. This is not the default > behaviour, because Execel normaly saves a copy of the > "last seen" e...

Problem import via query
When i import data via a webquery from: http://www.x-rates.com/d/EUR/table.html I get different values than on the webpage.. When the webpage says: American Dollar 1.3601 0.73524 Australian Dollar 1.62633 0.614883 Brazilian Real 2.75284 0.363261 I get these values in Excel: American Dollar 13.601 0.73524 Australian Dollar 162.633 0.614883 Brazilian Real 275.284 0.363261 Some values are ten times to high, some are hunderd times to low. Is this because in my version we use comma to seperate decimals? So i see the value 13601 for the US$, and with the...

Unable To Import *.PST files into Outlook 2000
On one machine I exported a number of E-Mails from one Outlook 2000, as *.pst files. I then moved them to another machine and wanted to Import those *.pst files into Outlook 2000. When I go throght the steps in the Wizard where you Browse to the file you want to Import and click Next I get the following 2 error messages. 1. Title Bar: Personal Folders Message: Properties for this information service must be defined prior to use. 2. Title Bar: Microsoft Outlook Message: File access is denied. You do not have permission required to access the file: A:\Drafts Backup.pst I ge...

Import. existing user names from Excel to a distrib. list
Hi All: (Exch 5.5 on NT4 server, SP6) We're given a task to create a distribution list which will contain 700 users. The user names are on the exel file, all are existing members of the GAL. It would be a daunting task to manually extract those names from the GAL one-by-one (to the distrib. list). Is there any way to dump those names from excel file to the new distrib. list? Any advice much appreciated. --BOB ...

combo box #5
How Do I insert a combo box into a cell of a worksheet? SF The easiest way may be to use Data|Validation Debra Dalgleish has some notes: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html SF wrote: > > How Do I insert a combo box into a cell of a worksheet? > > SF -- Dave Peterson ...

Service activity view on the Case entity
Hi. MS CRM 4.0: On the Case entity, I can see the sum of all activities. But this view is very limited regarding the collums selectable when editing this view. I would like to see a view only of Service Activities including the costum fields a have added on the Service Ativiti entity. Is that posible somehow? Regards Jacob Mondrup Vivant MS CRM Cert. Partner Hi Jacob, The view which appears in the Activity of case come from the associated open view from the entity "Activity". It seems that you can filter out , choose creteria or even add custom fields . I think you sho...

OWA- Pages load incorrectly externally
Gurus, I'm using Exchange 2003 on a Server2k3 machine. My boss is out of town and called stating that OWA loads improperly on IE6 on his WinXP laptop, connecting via dial-up. We are not using FBA, just http. His first connection attempt was fine, but subsequent attempts yeilded the faulty results. I was at a location outside of our firewall at the time, so I attempted to verify his complaint by logging into my own OWA account. The page loaded flawlessly; however about 15 minutes later I tried it from a different computer in the same facility, and got similar results as my boss: the...

Service Pack 2 for Exchange 2003
When is Service Pack 2 for Exchange 2003 going to be released? Is there any information avaliable now on what improvements or enchancements is going to be included in Exchange 2003 Service Pack 2? Haven't seen anything public except this. Looks like it is due out sometime in the second half of 2005. http://blogs.msdn.com/exchange/archive/2004/12/22/330184.aspx -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Sabo, Eric" <SaboEric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B5B9CCA-0CC8-407B-A3DA-629F013D5EE1@microsoft.com... > When is Service Pack 2 for Exchange 2003 goin...

You are unable to add a database to the Exchange 2003 Recovery Storage Group
Hi, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555307/en-us Is there any solution available for solving this problem ? Thanks Mario Did you try the one listed? RESOLUTION Right-Click the incorrectly formatted mailbox store name in the Exchange System Manager. Select "Rename" and add the appropriate leading or trailing parenthesis so that the mailbox store is in the expected format of MailboxStore (Server Name), or rename the store so that there are no mismatched parenthesis. In some cases, you may need to rename the mailbox store via Adsiedit. See "More Information". Bac...

Dialup user access to exchange server
We have a Exchange 2003 server which is accessed by corporate user in exchange mode (RPC) in the LAN. Some of these users need to access the server remotely by dialup to the corporate RAS server using the smart client (MS Outlook 2003 - Exchnage mode). There is a Firewall sit in between the RAS and the exchange server. RAS is in a DMZ network and the Exchange is in the trusted network. What are the ports required to be open between the RAS and the Exchange server in order to access the exchange server in a secure manner. Please advice In news:11F7B6FB-E518-4211-8085-920FED4C712D@micros...

How do I import my graphic signature

migrating exchange -- can't send to certain domains
I'm in the process of moving mailboxes over to a new 2003 server (old server was also 2003). Everything is working fine but I've had complaints from a few users that can't send to certain domains (aol.com for example). I pretty much know this is a reverse DNS issue. Right now the old server is still the routing master and the external DNS records still point to it. So basically, the new server isn't being advertised on the outside yet. So I'm guessing that emails sent from the new server are hitting these domains and it's not able to do a reverse DNS. I tri...

Exchange 2003 with SP1 installed
I've recently installed sp1 on our exchange 2003 server. Everything works fine except that in order for a message to display in a user's inbox, you actually have to have Outlook be the active window and click on it. Then, all of the sudden you'll see you have a bunch of new messages. In the good-ol-days, they would just trickle in. I'm assuming this is not an issue with Outlook since we haven't made any changes to the client machines (a mixture of Outlook 2000, xp and 2003) Any suggestions? Thanks. -Rob T. Same problem here, are using cached mode by chance? ...

Novell NDS/Netware 5.x and GroupWise 5.X TO AD/Exchange 2003
Does anyone have any pointers or suggestions on migrating from NDS and Groupwise to AD/Exchange 2003? I am NOT looking for links to Microsoft sites as I already have the whitepapers, migration guides - what I am looking for is SOMEONE's own experience. Thank you. Mark, Yeah - don't do it. I've been involved in a lot of them, and the first question asked is, "What is the business reason for doing this?" and all they can do is quote M$-paid for studies that show the alleged benefits. There are none. AD/Exchange 2003 is hard enough to manage without having t...

Import external data-text files but placed in the next column rather than next empty row
I want to import text files in to one worksheet. The text files are sent daily and all the same format. However the text file names change buy an incremental number. Is it possible to create a macro that imports these text files, ignoring their exact filename but from the same source directory into one worksheet. Can you use wild cards for the name e.g. "********.txt"? At the moment I can manually do this, by selecting the cell below the last record then using the process "Get external Data" and following the wizard which works fine. As soon as I try to create a m...

How do I import customer balances?
Just setting up a new RMS system. I have 2500 customers who owe us money or have credit on account. How can I import all this information into RMS? -- Brian Use the QSImport utility. You will have to have access to Customer Source to download the utility or contact your RMS partner. Kinnard L. Kohler Business Machines Systems 6101 South Shackleford Road Little Rock, AR 72204-8606 (T) 501-375-8380 (F) 501-375-0043 (Cell) 501-412-5686 Email: kinnard@bmsar.com "Ag Guy" wrote: > Just setting up a new RMS system. I have 2500 customers who owe us money or > have credit o...

5 access 2000 users and 1 AccessXP user
Hi I have an Access 2000 database that is used by multiple users. The DB is split with the backend on a server. I have 1 user who wants to use the DB but they have Office XP (Access 2002) installed. I feared that the 2000 users may have trouble using the backend if a 2002 user accessed it ( I recall having these issues with 97 and 2000). I tested this theory on a copy of the backend and 2002 seems to be able to use the 2000 backend and preserve 2000's ability to access it thereafter. My problem is that I can get the mdb version of my Access 2000 front end to work on t...

Custom entity and e-mail
Hi, For a design process I made an custom entity with a relationship with account. When I select the activity e-mail, the designprocess and CRM user are automatically selected. But I also want the account to be selected automatically, just like in service requests and opportunities. How can I accomplish this? Regards, Jan ...

I've 5 columns, of assorted items.how do I tally them up?
I have 3 columns of data in a spreadsheet, and I need to create a report Example- Airline DelayCode Time ABC - DEL - 2.00 DEF - DEL - 1.33 ABC - REJ - 3.44 GHI - DEL - 3.50 ABC - XYZ - 1.05 What I need is a report of the number showing the number of time that airline ABC was delayed. how many times DEL, or REJ (or whatever) appears, and what the total time was, per code , and as a grand total. (Here, ABC was delayed 3 times in total. Twice for 'DEL' (time: 5:50), and once for XYZ (time: 1:05); Gran...

saving users exchange profile
I have a couple of user accounts that are for employees no longer with the company. I would like to delete these accounts, but make a backup of the information in their exchange profile in case that information is needed in the future. Is there any way to achieve this? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_007D_01CB0981.39DE4410 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Open Outlook as them and export mailbox to a .pst and save it somewhere --=20 Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] (since 1997) Co-C...

Re-using Saved Imports from a button on a form
I used the wizard in Access 2007 to import a spreadsheet into a new table. From there I run code to manipulate the data and clean it up to enter into another table. After the import I was asked if I wanted to save the steps, I said yes. On the Ribbon bar, this is stored under Saved Imports. I would like to automate this import process. How do I set up a button to run the import? How do I edit the saved import if it isn't exactly what I want? How do I extract the code in the saved import so that I can use it for several different imported spreadsheets of the same structure, ...

Exchange 2003 IMF not acting upon all messages...
Hey All, We have an Exchange 2003 Server, SP2, running on a SBS 2003 Server. The problem we're having is that the IMF is not moving all messages that should be moved to the junk mail folder. I'm viewing the SCL ratings in Outlook and we have the SCL setting in IMF set to move anything higher than 2. It moves some, but there are still plenty with SCL ratings of 9 sitting in the inbox. No sender filtering or anything else, just IFM. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! ...

Mailbox size on Exchange 2003
Hi all, I'm an Exchange Admin. in a small company...I use Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003 on the clients part. Some users have pretty big mailboxes on the server...like 7 GB ! As you can see we use a lot the emails to communicate and my Managers want me to keep all emails... So every 6 months I archive their emails into a PST in order to reduce the size of their mailbox on the Exchanger server. Some PST archives are now reaching 6.5 GB ! and they're still working fine but for how long... Here are my questions : - what is the size limit for a PST ? - what is the size limit for a ...

Cannot connect to exchange after changing Q's
I have my first Q problem. I had a user who got a Q and wound up getting a replacement. When I go to setup the new one I get an error: 0x85010001 your account in MS exchange does not have permission to sync with you current settings... I tried to sync the old Q with my user account and I get the same thing. I am the admin here so I can fix this If I could figure this out. Anyone ever see this? His account settings are fine and I did a master reset on the old Q. I had the old Q sync both accounts so I am not sure why this is happening now. Not sure on the specific issue...i'd whipe t...