import and recipient policies

OK. I've imported 1000  mail enabled contacts into an AD forest from a
different AD forest using ldifde. The problem is after 20 minutes the default
recipient policy resets the email address.

I have tried using  msexchpoliciesexcluded in my.ldf file but it doesn't
seem to work.

Is there a way to do this without creating another recipient policy to
handle these contacts?

Also, can the default policy filters be modified?

thanks

0
MJKQB (8)

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 07:37:07 -0800, "MJKQB"
<MJKQB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>OK. I've imported 1000  mail enabled contacts into an AD forest from a
>different AD forest using ldifde. The problem is after 20 minutes the default
>recipient policy resets the email address.
>
>I have tried using  msexchpoliciesexcluded in my.ldf file but it doesn't
>seem to work.
>
>Is there a way to do this without creating another recipient policy to
>handle these contacts?
>
>Also, can the default policy filters be modified?
>
>thanks

What address is it resetting, the internal domain.local or the
remote.smtp address?
0
mark7219 (5667)
3/23/2005 4:26:49 PM
It resets the remote address that was imported to the internal address.

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 07:37:07 -0800, "MJKQB"
> <MJKQB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >OK. I've imported 1000  mail enabled contacts into an AD forest from a
> >different AD forest using ldifde. The problem is after 20 minutes the default
> >recipient policy resets the email address.
> >
> >I have tried using  msexchpoliciesexcluded in my.ldf file but it doesn't
> >seem to work.
> >
> >Is there a way to do this without creating another recipient policy to
> >handle these contacts?
> >
> >Also, can the default policy filters be modified?
> >
> >thanks
> >
> What address is it resetting, the internal domain.local or the
> remote.smtp address?

0
MJKQB (8)
3/23/2005 4:45:03 PM
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 08:45:03 -0800, "MJKQB"
<MJKQB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>It resets the remote address that was imported to the internal address.

An AD mail enabled contact has two addresses. The primary is the
remote address but there is a secondary address which is internal.
If you are only seeing the one address then you need to re-do your
import.
I'll have a dig around for the right information.
Meanwhile, slide over to www.computerperformance.co.uk for a little
ldiifde help.
0
mark7219 (5667)

Importing messages #6

Import and export

Importing data

excel 97 xml import

Importing JEs through the Table Import

Importing Dynamic data

Importing a CSV file

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

importing email

import pdf table

Excel 2003

Field missing upon XML import

blocking all Unknown Recipient
someone has setup emails being delivered to fictitous addresses, and it is flooding the NDR administrator's email box. Is there a way to block all inbound e-mails that are not on the Global Address list ? The names being sent appear randomly generated: horihu,ranat, duhu, dulu, ranaf... @company.com and I haven't found any repeats. Thousands are coming in per day ! I'm running Exchange 5.5 with all the latest updates, patches, etc.. thanx Jeff "Jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >someone has setup emails being delivered to fictitous ...

Import / date questions
Hi I have imported a lot of email (15,000) from Thunderbird > converted from mbox > .eml - dragged the email into Outlook express and then imported into Outlook2003. All has worked fine ish- but a lot of messages have the "received" field set as todays date / time. If I select the "sent" field that is correct. Is there anyway to reset the date on an email message in outlook (ideally on mass) - what is the difference between the Sent field and the received field ? Thanks Hi Just did a check, and the data in outlook express is correct. Its when I did the impor...

importing a cell value
I need to import a cell values from an un-opened .xls using a variable address ie cell A34 = the location of the .xls on our server (j:\121213\Drafting\Quants\) "105 White Ant" = the name of the .xls B3 = the cell I need to import C6 = value(A34+"105 White Ant"+B3) Any help or advice would be hugely appriciated Sorry I should also have specified that I want to avoid the use of macros. "Kristian G" wrote: > I need to import a cell values from an un-opened .xls using a variable address > ie > cell A34 = the location of the .xls on our ...

Need a utility to import mail to Outlook via print dialog... or some other way to import proprietary messages into Outlook.
Hello, We need to migrate 100s of proprietary PSTs from a little-known mail system to Outlook/Exchange but the file format of the PSTs is binary, proprietary and undocumented. One option is to leave the PSTs and let the users consult them in offline mode forever. The problem there is that they wouldn't be able to reply to or forward the messages, only read or print them. Not very user-friendly, they have GBs of mail in them. Has anyone seen an application which lets you print a message into an Outlook mail message, much like you print to a PDF file? Any other suggestions for workarounds...

Incorrect import of decimal point placement.
I'm using Money 2004 Deluxe. This past week when I imported a QIF file into Money from my financial institution and the decimal point shifted 2 spaces to left in all but 2 entries. Instead of 400.00, the result was 4.00. Has this occurred to anyone? Iv'e been using the software for the past 3 months and this is the first time it had occured. Money or Financial institution problem?? In microsoft.public.money, Martin wrote: >I'm using Money 2004 Deluxe. >This past week when I imported a QIF file into Money from my financial >institution and the decimal point shifted 2 ...

Excel-Based Budgeting-print an exception report after the import
When importing a budget into GP from Excel (using Excel-Based Budgeting), if any account numbers are entered in Excel that are not in GP, the import drops them without any warning or notification. In our case, we have 5500 lines of information to manually review to find the problem. A solution is to have an exception report print after the import to list any accounts in Excel that were not imported into GP. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree"...

How to delete Outlook 2000 imported contacts
Please help. I accidentally use Outlook 2000 export and import tools import contacts into my Outlook 2000 contacts. Are there any ways to delete all imported contacts? Thanks a lot. Regards, Amon Hi Amon, There is no way to automatically delete all of your duplicate contacts at once, but if you change your view in Outlook to "Phone List," you can then sort all of your contacts by the last modified date, and all of the imported contacts will be together. You can then select all of these contacts and delete them at one time. Regards, Scott Atkins MCSE, MCSA Partner Technical ...

CRM 4.0 can't import "import into marketing list"
Hi, Please help In CRM 3.0, when you import leads you can select a marketing list (or create a new one) to import to. But I can not find the same thing in CRM 4.0. How can I import leads and put them under a marketing list? Thanks ...

TransferText / Import
I've been using DoCmd.TransferText to import a prenamed text file, however, would like to giv the user the ability to specify the file to be imported, including the ability to select multiple files to import/ append to table at once. Is this possible? Thanks in advance for your help! magmike On Sat, 1 May 2010 20:29:56 -0700 (PDT), magmike <magmike7@yahoo.com> wrote: Sure it is. Open a standard File/Open dialog to ask the user for the file name, then use that value in DoCmd.TransferText. Sample code can be found in many places, including: http://www.tek-tips.com/faq...