IMF filtering foreign character set

I have used Sunbelt Softwares Exchange Spam filtering for some time. They
have a feature that allows you to treat email with foreign character sets as
spam. Has anyone done this with Exchange 2003?

Dab

0
davidb6093 (13)

Don't believe Exchange offers this functionality out of the box. You can
block certain top-level domains using Sender Filtering.
--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"David A. Beck" <davidb@beckb.com> wrote in message
>I have used Sunbelt Softwares Exchange Spam filtering for some time. They
>have a feature that allows you to treat email with foreign character sets
>as spam. Has anyone done this with Exchange 2003?
>
> Dab

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
12/20/2006 9:50:15 PM
Sue Mosher has an Outlook Rule that might catch much of it

http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=24362&cid=2641548

"David A. Beck" <davidb@beckb.com> wrote in message
>I have used Sunbelt Softwares Exchange Spam filtering for some time. They
>have a feature that allows you to treat email with foreign character sets
>as spam. Has anyone done this with Exchange 2003?
>
> Dab

0
davidb6093 (13)
12/20/2006 9:51:42 PM
The Outlook Junk filter in Outlook 2003 can do this at the client end.

-Peter

"David A. Beck" <davidb@beckb.com> wrote in message
>I have used Sunbelt Softwares Exchange Spam filtering for some time. They
>have a feature that allows you to treat email with foreign character sets
>as spam. Has anyone done this with Exchange 2003?
>
> Dab

0
pdurkee (276)

OUTLOOK 2007 Jun E-mail filtering error
Installed Outlook 2007 and every time I go to cvhange my junk email filter settings I get this obnoxious box that tells me: The junk E-mail filter is not available for your Microsoft Exchange e-mail account because you are working online. To enable the junk E-mail filter for this account, switch to Cashed Exchange Mode. What is this??? I WANT TO work ONLINE!!!! Can anyone please help me with this one? Please As the message states, you need to work in cached mode if you want to use the filter. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Hel...

ISAPI Filter: OwaLogon
hey all another question, i noticed that when we installed crm with exchange it added OwaLogon isapi filter into iis and this causes some problems with some of the dropdownlists, listboxes (custom .net app). when tested on anoter machine the same app works fine anyone come across this before? ...

imf and SMTP
Every 2 weeks a new imf files comes via MU, after the file comes down SMTP tries to restart and hangs when stg. Looking at services and SMTP says starting and this never finishes. The only solution is to reboot the exchange server and then SMTP starts properly. Also IMF is not listed under my virtual server but does function? Thanks IMF showed up as a separate node under SMTP if you were using IMF v1. IMF v2 (part of Exchange Server 2003 SP2) removes that node and moves the functionality to enable IMF to SMTP vs properties | general | advanced | select ip address | Edit. If you are ...

Excel2007 -- Precisely set plot area size?
I've searched books, Microsoft Help, and this board to find out how to precisely resize the plot (not the chart) area and cannot find any information. When I select the plot area, and change its size by entering heigth & width values in the Size and Properties dialog box (Chart Tools Format tab --> Size group) the chart area size also changes. I do not want the chart area to change. How can I set values for the plot area and for the chart area independently of each other? Thanks to anyone who can help! Hi, There is no, or has ever been, a UI which will allow you to spec...

engaging filter option in multple tabs
What is the best way to engage a filter to the value '1' in all tabs of a large spreadsheet? The filter itself is specified in cell A1 of each tab of the spreadsheet except the first tab which has no filter at all. -- regards Frank ...

Reset workbook and worksheet settings
Hello everyone, someone has messed up with my excel sheet, when I want to print on an A4 size paper A4 size is divided into 5 parts by dashed line breaks which I can not either delete and can't remove, when I remove them and try to print it appears again in the same places. I searched in Excel Help there was method of how to reset workbook and worksheet settings but there they say to delete a file book.xlt and sheet.xlt which windows search even couldn't trace where they file are means they don't exist. I have the following questions: 1. How can I reset the whole EXCEL so...

Exchange 2003 IMF in a Simple Front End Back End Scenario
Exchange 2003 SP1 on both a BE server and a FE server. IMF has been downloaded and installed on the FE only. I have it set to not do any of the gateway archive/delete. I have it set to put Junk Email with a score of 8 or higher into the Junk folder. My email account is accessed via Outlook 2003 and via OWA (forms based). I have a Junk email folder in my OWA and the options are set to enable the Junk email filtering. My expectation is that the FE will assign the SCL number and then move it to the junk email folder, but when I go into OWA it is in my inbox. When I start up Outlook, it gets...

2" PC APT Free Weights Fractional Plates Weightlifting Full set 8 plates
Price:$59.95 Image: http://thediscountlocator.info/image.php?id=B000ACZARQ Best deal: http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=B000ACZARQ At first I was skeptical about getting these fractional weights. After training a while, a 5 pound jump became too much. I used these weights to get past the "plateau". As whimpy as adding these weights to the bar may look, I am making great progress as opposed to the people who regularly lift the same amount of weight every time they go to the gym, thus never making progress. They get the job done. Very useful for shoulder press and oth...

Archieving mail messages with IMF
I've implemented IMF with Exchange 2003. I've set my IMF properties to block UCE's on the gateway server and to have blocked messages archieved. According tothe documentation the default folder for these archieve messages is Program Files\Exchsvr\Mailroot\vs1\UCEArchieve. I do not see this fiolder. Question 1. Is this folder created by default? Question 2. How do I view messages that get archieved to this folder or do I just see details? http://bink.nu/Article3110.bink "Allen M" <ajmiyake@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:O8J2$yhOFHA.576@TK2MSFTNGP15.ph...

PDF Bookmark zoom setting
PDF created with Publisher 2003 SP3 / Acrobat Professional Version 7.0.9 generates a great PDF -- except that, when accessing pages using bookmarks, the zoom on the page shown ranges all over the place (generally > 200%). Where does the zoom setting in the bookmark get set when the PDF is generated? I've adjusted zoom settings in several places, but none seem to affect this problem. I have the same issue with Publisher 2007 / Acrobat Professional Version 8. Have you set the defaults in Acrobat? This probably would be best asked in one of the Acrobat forums. Look at Edit, Pre...

export account settings
i have outlook 2002 i configured 2 mail accounts in it, one of them is belong to exchange server, and the outher one belong to hotmail service. anyway i forget my hotmail account password, i log every time automatic from outlook but my problem now that i need to format my PC, and i will not be able to access my hotmail account any more but if there is any way i can backup the outlook settings as it is with all account settings include the password that will be great, and i think there is a way to export these settings as there is a way to import it but how could i do it and is it from in...

IMF Exchange2003
Message deleted by intelligent message filtering, but this is a legal address. User is part off AD, SCL Level is not being showd. What's going wrong? Gr. Addy On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 23:08:01 -0800, addy <addy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Message deleted by intelligent message filtering, but this is a legal address. >User is part off AD, SCL Level is not being showd. >What's going wrong? >Gr. >Addy It doesn't matter whether the user is a valid Active Directory user. If the incoming message is regarded as spam then it's pulled. How do you know about thi...

Filtering data #3
How Can I get the data from Column B, which is not existing in Column ? Example Column A has : 1 2 3 4 5 6 Column B has: 1 3 5 Result: 2 4 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could use an advanced filter: 1. In an open cell (say E15), insert: =COUNTIF(B:B,A2)=0 2. Select column A & B. 3. Go to Data > Filter > Advanced Filter 4. In the criteria range put: E14:E15 ensuring that E14 is empty. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >How Can I get the data from Column B, which is not existing in Column A >? > >Exam...

which imf version do I have
I have had exchange sp2 installed and imf has been activated. I am having a lot of trouble getting it to work(have followed all links and from previous posts have had no luck). Everything has been set up correctly. I have tried to re-install exchange sp2 but it now states that the older version of imf is installed and to remove before updating. How did sp2 instal the first time. Their is nothing in the add/remove programs. How can I see the old version if it exists or is their software that can detect which version(s) are installed. (Now I am confused) You have IMF v1. Follow this to u...

Setting Gmail IMAP
I previously used Gmail as POP but I have just changed it to IMAP so that I can keep my PC (WLM), my iPhone and my webmail all in sync. Now I need some advice. 1. In addition to my inbox,sent etc folders I also have a folder called All Mail that indeed contains all messages I have ever sent or received. It is therefore very big. How can I stop that folder showing up in WLM? 2. When I delete items in WLM the are not going to the Bin (deleted folder) They just vanish. The deleted folder is a useful facility as at times I may accidently click to delete the wrong message. How c...

set focus
Hi there, I’m new to VB and having some difficulty with a text box. I’m using textbox19 to enter values in a excel range of cells and want the textbox to be clear and keep de focus set on the same text box, after I hit the enter key, so I can enter the next value until I finish and then click on another textbox. Can anybody help? I would appreciate. On Tue, 7 Jul 2009 17:43:10 -0700, MP <MP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >Hi there, I�m new to VB and having some difficulty with a text box. >I�m using textbox19 to enter values in a excel range of cells and want th...

Win32 or COM API to set vlan id and mtu for a network interface
Hi, I want to set vlan id and mtu for a network interface. Is there any win32 or COM API to do this ? I want to do this on windows server 2003 r2, 2008, 2008 R2. I am using visual studio 2008. Thank you, Vivek S ...

Inteligent Message Filtering...
Is there any easy way to view the contents or sender that get dumped into the delete folder? My client liked being able to review the old mail in the admin box even though he might have received 1000 messages over the weekend. Occasionally, he found valuable mail. Thanks! Chris Do you mean the IMF Archive folder in mailroot? Check out IMF Archive Manager http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/workspace.aspx?id=e8728572-3a4e-425a-9b26-a3fda0d06fee -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Chris Marsh" &l...

clean characters
i have a file with multiple rows and columns and since it is a download from another application, it has some unprintable characters. I have been using the clean function to do one column at a time. Is there a faster way to do this? Not all rows have values populated for all columns, so i have to drag down the formula for each column Hi Bookworm, See David McRitchie's TrimAll macro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm#trimall If you are unfamiliar with macros, see David's 'Getting Started With Macros and User Defined Functions' page at: ht...

Filter by form not working
When I use the filter by form option, I do the drop down arrows, but I see only the values Null, and NOT NULL, whereas the text says I should see a list of items in that column. Why I am not getting it? Thanks "Milind" <Milind@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3E22142-B57A-4246-8488-2E38F3C773F2@microsoft.com... > When I use the filter by form option, I do the drop down arrows, but I see > only the values Null, and NOT NULL, whereas the text says I should see a list > of items in that column. Why I am not getting it? Thanks If the number of distin...

IMF whitlist
How do I add an IP (of sender SMTP server) to IMF whitelist? I have an SMTP server on the lan. Its IP is added in the peremiter and also on the global accept list. IMF deletes all messages coming from that server. The hot fix, Exchange2003-KB912587-x86.exe is for recipents only. A<. There is a "known" issue with that type of setup. Solution here: http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/018/ipacceptlist.htm cheers, Alexander Zammit WinDeveloper Software IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter Power http://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/ "Andy Izsak" <...

auto archive settings...
Is there a better way to centrally manage all users archiving settings instead of setting it all individually in their Outlook 2002 client? i.e. using some sort of group policy or something?? I really need to lock this down a bit more because I have users adjusting their settings all the time (some turning it off completlely because they are too lazy to make that extra click over to their archive folders...). I want to be able to set the auto archive settings across the board and lock the users out of it period. We are running an SBS 2000 machine (using Excahnge 200 obviously) and all ...

automatically set up dates 2 weeks apart
i want to be able to make the date in a cell be two weeks difference(14 days exactly) from the cell above it how would i do this ? say that cell A1 contains a date 18/11/03 (I'm in Australia so we use dd/mm/yyyy) and you want cell A2 to be equal to that plus 14 days, ie 2/12/03. In cell A2 type =A1+14 HTH, katherine "William Storey II" <billstorey@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:Pgcub.32129$fD6.8383@newssvr27.news.prodigy.com... > i want to be able to make the date in a cell be two weeks difference(14 days > exactly) from the cell above it how would i do th...

Customize Current View: Filter Problem

E2K3 question...Connection Filtering
For those using it: How many and what RBL's are you using and in what order? I'm using ordb.org as well as cbl.abuseat.org and the following from dnsbl.sorbs.net: smpt, spam, and dul. (fyi...order in the config. interface, from top to bottom, is the same) For the experts, does this look like a good mix or should I fortify it with others? Thanks! LJH The following two RBLs are extremely reliable and accurate. http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/howtouse.html http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml Geoff Pearce "LJH" <louis.hablas@norzimspam.org> wrote in message news:%23a...