IMF Exchange2003

Message deleted by intelligent message filtering, but this is a legal address.
User is part off AD, SCL Level is not being showd.
What's going wrong?
Gr.
Addy
0
addy (21)

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 23:08:01 -0800, addy
<addy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Message deleted by intelligent message filtering, but this is a legal address.
>User is part off AD, SCL Level is not being showd.
>What's going wrong?
>Gr.
>Addy

It doesn't matter whether the user is a valid Active Directory user.
If the incoming message is regarded as spam then it's pulled.
How do you know about this message? Are you archiving to the
UCEARCHIVE folder rather than reject/delete?
0
mark7219 (5666)
12/13/2006 7:09:21 AM
Hi Mark,
i was tested this mail address.
When i stop IMF i recieved the mail.
When i start IMF whit SCL what ever ( 1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8 ) i will not recieve
this mail.
Regards,
Addy

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 23:08:01 -0800, addy
> <addy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Message deleted by intelligent message filtering, but this is a legal address.
> >User is part off AD, SCL Level is not being showd.
> >What's going wrong?
> >Gr.
> >Addy
>
> It doesn't matter whether the user is a valid Active Directory user.
> If the incoming message is regarded as spam then it's pulled.
> How do you know about this message? Are you archiving to the
> UCEARCHIVE folder rather than reject/delete?

0
addy (21)

Exchange2003 Administrators mail
Where can you change which mail box all the miss addressed mail goes to? doddle in exchange 5.5 but cant find it in 2003. Thanks in advance for your help with this. Regards John Pestell Open the Exchange System Manager, Expand out the Server, Servername, Protocols, SMTP, Default SMTP Virtual Server, right click, properties, select the Messages tab. -- Nicholas Basile(MSFT) nicbas@online.microsoft.com Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alias is for newsgroup purposes only!. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "...

imf and SMTP
Every 2 weeks a new imf files comes via MU, after the file comes down SMTP tries to restart and hangs when stg. Looking at services and SMTP says starting and this never finishes. The only solution is to reboot the exchange server and then SMTP starts properly. Also IMF is not listed under my virtual server but does function? Thanks IMF showed up as a separate node under SMTP if you were using IMF v1. IMF v2 (part of Exchange Server 2003 SP2) removes that node and moves the functionality to enable IMF to SMTP vs properties | general | advanced | select ip address | Edit. If you are ...

Exchange 2003 IMF in a Simple Front End Back End Scenario
Exchange 2003 SP1 on both a BE server and a FE server. IMF has been downloaded and installed on the FE only. I have it set to not do any of the gateway archive/delete. I have it set to put Junk Email with a score of 8 or higher into the Junk folder. My email account is accessed via Outlook 2003 and via OWA (forms based). I have a Junk email folder in my OWA and the options are set to enable the Junk email filtering. My expectation is that the FE will assign the SCL number and then move it to the junk email folder, but when I go into OWA it is in my inbox. When I start up Outlook, it gets...

Archieving mail messages with IMF
I've implemented IMF with Exchange 2003. I've set my IMF properties to block UCE's on the gateway server and to have blocked messages archieved. According tothe documentation the default folder for these archieve messages is Program Files\Exchsvr\Mailroot\vs1\UCEArchieve. I do not see this fiolder. Question 1. Is this folder created by default? Question 2. How do I view messages that get archieved to this folder or do I just see details? http://bink.nu/Article3110.bink "Allen M" <ajmiyake@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:O8J2$yhOFHA.576@TK2MSFTNGP15.ph...

IMF Exchange2003
Message deleted by intelligent message filtering, but this is a legal address. User is part off AD, SCL Level is not being showd. What's going wrong? Gr. Addy On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 23:08:01 -0800, addy <addy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Message deleted by intelligent message filtering, but this is a legal address. >User is part off AD, SCL Level is not being showd. >What's going wrong? >Gr. >Addy It doesn't matter whether the user is a valid Active Directory user. If the incoming message is regarded as spam then it's pulled. How do you know about thi...

which imf version do I have
I have had exchange sp2 installed and imf has been activated. I am having a lot of trouble getting it to work(have followed all links and from previous posts have had no luck). Everything has been set up correctly. I have tried to re-install exchange sp2 but it now states that the older version of imf is installed and to remove before updating. How did sp2 instal the first time. Their is nothing in the add/remove programs. How can I see the old version if it exists or is their software that can detect which version(s) are installed. (Now I am confused) You have IMF v1. Follow this to u...

IMF whitlist
How do I add an IP (of sender SMTP server) to IMF whitelist? I have an SMTP server on the lan. Its IP is added in the peremiter and also on the global accept list. IMF deletes all messages coming from that server. The hot fix, Exchange2003-KB912587-x86.exe is for recipents only. A<. There is a "known" issue with that type of setup. Solution here: http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/018/ipacceptlist.htm cheers, Alexander Zammit WinDeveloper Software IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter Power http://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/ "Andy Izsak" <...

Exchange2003 SP1 -> SP2 upgrade POST-DST
Because our Exchange 2003 SP1 server was nearing its end of life before the whole DST exercise, I decided there was no point in complicating things by upgrading to SP2 first, so I just applied the DST patch onto SP1. Course, now that has come back to haunt me since you need Exchange 2003 SP2 to introduce Exchange 2007 into your environment. DOH! So my question is... If I upgrade to SP2 now, will there be any DST related complications? Will I have to reapply a DST patch specific to SP2? If it matters, I'm in the PDT zone. Your help is greatly appreciated. Matt There's a DST ...

IMF Counters
Hi is there a reason why IMF counters appears and disapears. I restart the server (a 2003 server) and they disapears, I restart the server again and they appears. They apearss only 1 time on 4. It's very wired !! Any ideas ??? Sebas ...

Exchange 2003 installed SP2 now IMF is not working.
I had Exchange 2003 SP1 and installed the IMF. I heard that SP2 has the IMF bulit-in. During the SP2 install it said I had to uninstalled the old IMF, which I did. I then installed Exchange 2003 SP2, I see the tabs in the "System Manager", Global Settings, "Message Delivery" But no IMF portion under the SMTP. I tried to reinstalled the IMF but still it doesn't show up under the SMTP protocals. What am I doing wrong? Within system manager, go to protocols|smtp and select Properties, the Advanced button and then the edit button. Then select the checkbox for en...

How can I bybass sending to the Junk E-mail folder using IMF.
We would like any suspect messages to be sent to the users Inbox and not the Junk E-mail folder. Is there a way to do this? Also, what's the most popular scl settings? We're using 8 for the gateway setting and and 7 for the junk e-mail setting. -- tigerfanlsu On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 09:30:23 -0700, "kk" <kk@discussions.microsoft.com> hired a team of monkeys to write: >We would like any suspect messages to be sent to the users Inbox and not the >Junk E-mail folder. Is there a way to do this? >Also, what's the most popular scl settings? We're using...

IMF Install??
I recently installed the Intelligent Message Filter but do not see the 'extra' tabs for it in either the Message Delivery option or in the SMTP virtual server under Protocols. What did I do wrong? Do I have to somehow 'activate' it? Thanks in advance, Bill Hi Bill When you installed IMF did you select to install the "Management Tools for Intelligent Message Filter"? -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Bkana" <Bkana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

IMF Updates??
Hello, From what I understand, Windows Update will install updates to IMF. However, recently I've noticed an increase in the amount of spam getting in. What I'd like to know is the following: 1 - Is there somewhere in Exchange 2003 that will tell me the date of the IMF definitions currently installed? 2 - Is there a URL that will tell me if an update to IMF is available? Thanks everyone! "Nick Jax" <nickjax01@hotmail.com> wrote: >From what I understand, Windows Update will install updates to IMF. >However, recently I've noticed an increase in the amount...

Retaining blocked senders list for Exchange SP2 IMF
I noticed that when installing the new sp2 for exchange, one of the items is that if you have the v1 of the intelligent message filter installed, you might get a message to uninstall it during the exchange sp2 install process. My question is this: since I have a very big list of blocked senders that I spent a LOT of time inputting, is there a way to input them all back into the blocked senders list after I install the new sp2 for exchange? Is there a txt file that I could copy/paste the list into in the new intelligent message filter? The list is in the exchange system manager>"...

POP3 on Exchange2003
Hello, I need POP3 access to an email account on Exchange 2000 (soon to be 2003) server. I need this to automate something using a third party application which can only use POP3. I am getting a lot of pushback from the Exchange group regarding this with respect to additional maintenance and security. I believe one can tie up POP3 access to specific IP address to address the security aspect of it but am not quite sure what the additional mainteance issue is. Our Exchange group talks about having to create and maintain a POP3 service but isn't that like any other service Microsoft provide...

IMF and IMF Companion
Happily using IMF and IMF companion for a while. Some non spam emails get caught and I 'unblock' them using the feature in IMF companion. This previously resulted in the email being delivered. However recently the unblocked email goes into the pickup folder and sits there and is not delivered. Anything I can check to see what is happening here? Thanks Paul, ...

Exchange Sp2 IMF Container
Can someone direct me to how to create IMF container when installing Exchange sp2? Microsoft article describe the following container needs to be added before installing sp2. Cn=UCE Content Filter, Cn=Message Delivery..... Is there any tools to create the container? Thanks Sn where did you come across this? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Sn" <ssfatmi2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%2304UBAN2FHA.612@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Can someone direct me to how to create IMF container whe...

IMF number
IMF assignes a score number to every e-mail - can you se those numbers in messages taht didn't get filtered? It would be helpfull in knowing what some messages score. Mark http://weblogs.asp.net/exchange/archive/2004/05/26/142607.aspx "Mark" <markschindler@mitchellgold.com> wrote in message news:%23tU$Qdp8EHA.3064@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > IMF assignes a score number to every e-mail - can you se those numbers in > messages taht didn't get filtered? > > It would be helpfull in knowing what some messages score. > > Mark > ...

Do I have to run ForestPrep again when i setup 2nd Exchange2003?
Hi, all: I have a Win2003 AD forest with one domain (A.com) running. I have an Exchange 2003 setup and it works fine. I ran forestprep and domainprep for A.com. Now, I want to setup another domain (B.com) in the same forest. And I want to setup another Exchange2003 server for B.com. I setup both DNS zone in the same DNS server. AD for B.com is created and works fine. DNS is working fine, too. My question is that: Do I need to run ForestPrep for B.com in the root domain controller? Waht else do I have to pay attention? Thanks for your response. Forestprep is to be run once, per ...

IMF update breaks IMF?
I have sucessfully deployed IMF, Exchange Intelligent Message Filtering and it works fine but when I go to update it with the IMF Update I get a 7514 ERROR in application log file, which states IMF is not working and to reinstall, when I dont apply the update it works fine? any idea's? Is this still a problem? "jpeterson" <jpeterson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:092AD013-0EFF-414E-8679-41B9B341E7F7@microsoft.com... >I have sucessfully deployed IMF, Exchange Intelligent Message Filtering and > it works fine but when I go to update it with the ...

SCL Outlook 2003/Exchange 2003 and IMF and IMF Tuner
we have a problem with SCL -1 rated emails on some Exchange 2003 mailboxes going to the junk folder. These are emails going to a group of people. Some people get the email in the inbox while others get the email in the junk folder. The source of the emails is in the whitelist of IMF. the user(s) that get the email in the junk folder don't have anything in the blocked sender list. what is causing this and how can it be fixed? Turn off junk mail filtering in Outlook and test. IMF itself does not have a whitelist, though you can add sending hosts' IP addresses in Connection Filter...

Contacts folder and IMF
Does IMF constantly track the contents of the Contacts folder or it just imports the list of contacts at the time when the Trust e-mail from your contacts option is set? Hi Val, There are two levels of SPAM filtering at play here, on the Exchange server (IMF) and Outlook (Junk E-Mail). The feature you mention is not used by Exchange IMF, it only comes into play with Outlook on the client. Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www.ExchangeIS.com "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55F4403C-D7C4-426F-A19...

Does IMF work with Outlook 2000?
Hi, Does Microsoft Exchange Intelligent Message Filter for Exchange 2003 work with Outlook 2000 (providing a central place to filter spam) or does it only work with Outlook 2003. Thank you. *where is my aspiring?* It works best with OUtlook 2003. However it will work with previous versions of OUtlook, but any SPAM tagged email will be delivered to the inbox by default and not the Junk Mail folder. ( unless you manually create some rules) Note however that you can configure Sender Lists via OWA 2003! On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 09:31:22 -0700, "aspirin" <aspirin2004@yahoo.c...

Some IMF question
Hi, For those emails marked as ****SPAM**** by IMF, how can I make them go directly to the user's Junk email folder instead of Inbox ? TIA Steven On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 09:53:37 +1000, "Steven Wong" <sazabi75@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >For those emails marked as ****SPAM**** by IMF, >how can I make them go directly to the user's >Junk email folder instead of Inbox ? > >TIA > >Steven > Lower the store threshold SCL number? You must enable the Junk Email folder through OWA. Junk Email enablement can be a bit tricky check these article...

IMF enabling issue
I have enabled IMF (default smtp virtual server> right click> etc) and stopped /started the smtp v/server but IMF is not showing up there. I can see the tab under global properties. I did not have IMF 1 installed and this is a fresh sbs standard install. I installed Exchange SP2 tonight. I am using a pop3 to collect my mail from isp. Any ideas as to why this is missing? IMF won't scan email retreived via POP3. You would need to receive via SMTP. IMF v2 Should be enabled from here: http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/017/imfproblems.htm#enableimf cheers, Alexander Zammit W...