IMF Exchange2003

Message deleted by intelligent message filtering, but this is a legal address.
User is part off AD, SCL Level is not being showd.
What's going wrong?
Gr.
Addy
0
addy (21)

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 23:08:01 -0800, addy
<addy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Message deleted by intelligent message filtering, but this is a legal address.
>User is part off AD, SCL Level is not being showd.
>What's going wrong?
>Gr.
>Addy

It doesn't matter whether the user is a valid Active Directory user.
If the incoming message is regarded as spam then it's pulled.
How do you know about this message? Are you archiving to the
UCEARCHIVE folder rather than reject/delete?
0
mark7219 (5666)
12/13/2006 7:09:21 AM
Hi Mark,
i was tested this mail address.
When i stop IMF i recieved the mail.
When i start IMF whit SCL what ever ( 1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8 ) i will not recieve
this mail.
Regards,
Addy

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 23:08:01 -0800, addy
> <addy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Message deleted by intelligent message filtering, but this is a legal address.
> >User is part off AD, SCL Level is not being showd.
> >What's going wrong?
> >Gr.
> >Addy
>
> It doesn't matter whether the user is a valid Active Directory user.
> If the incoming message is regarded as spam then it's pulled.
> How do you know about this message? Are you archiving to the
> UCEARCHIVE folder rather than reject/delete?

0
addy (21)

To install IMF, do you need to install Exchange Server 2003 with SP2?
As per the subject please, in order to get IMF on a gateway server, is a full install of Exchange Server 2003 with SP2 required, and the IMF component selected? Or is there just an IMF application I can choose to install without having to have another exchange 2003 server? thanks. On 27 Oct 2006 05:31:07 -0700, stokefan@gmail.com wrote: >As per the subject please, in order to get IMF on a gateway server, is >a full install of Exchange Server 2003 with SP2 required, and the IMF >component selected? > >Or is there just an IMF application I can choose to install without >ha...

Public Folder Junk Mail Issues: OL 2k3, EX 2k3 & IMF
Hi We are using: Outlook 2k3 Exchange 2k3 SP1 with IMF installed I am finding that Junk Mail that has been sent to a public folder, but identified by either IMF or Outlook Filter are ending up in 'random' users junk mail folders. i.e. one user will have 3 junk messages, another user will have another 3. Our receptionist is responsible for the folder so ideally all junk mail would go into her junk folder or remain in the Public Folder. All of our staff have read/write/delete access to the public folders & send on behalf, all staff also have the Public Folder in their Outlook Ma...

IMF Blocking incorrect Mail
Hi IMF is blocking my backup logs from my backup software is there any way I can tell it to ignore mails from that SMTP path? Thanks Dayne i) Add the ip address of the smtp server that sends the backup logs to Global Accept list in Connection Filtering and enable Connection Filtering on the smtp virtual server(s) in Exchange ii) If on SP2 and the messages sent by the backup sw have a particular keyword in the subject/body, you can use the Custom Weighting feature to decrease/minimize SCL based on the keyword -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog -----...

Exchange IMF #3
Hi - hope someone can help I am having problems in that certain emails from our web site are being received by the Exchange server, but not delievred to the public folder . I cannot see any reason for this, nor is there anything in the logs as to why this is happening. I need to start some troubleshooting, and the first thing i wanted to do was to check that IMF is not deleting the messages thinking they are spam. Currently I have the threshold set to Block messages with an SCL rating of greater than 5, and for the messages to be archive. I was considering switching off IMF to see if ...

Exchange2003 restrict domain admins access
Hi, We have Exchange2003 server and all domain admins are able to open any mailbox without making any permissions changes. How can I restrict their access so that they can't just open any mailbox they feel like. I have setup host monitor to alert me if they access any foreign mailbox, but what should I change in exchange - they have access to any mailbox. I have addedd the registry key to see the security key in ESM, but when I look at the domain admins everything is greyed out, but they have full permissions. Where should I be looking? Thanks -- George On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 08:10:...

IMF / SCL disappears.
I have been using sp1 for a while. Imf v1 wasn't doing very well after working great for 6 months, spam was getting a low scl. I recently updated to sp2(3 weeks ago). I tried to install sp2 but got the remove imf message. It was not in add/remove. I reinstalled imf 1 and then could remove it. I installed sp2 and setup imf v2. Everything was great for 2 days. Email stopped having scl ratings(in outlook 2003)(web access the same) and they went into the inbox. I rebooted several times it wouldn't work. I reinstalled sp2 and it started working. A week later same problem. Rebooted several t...

Exchange2003 #5
Hi, Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: NDR Event ID: 3005 Date: 12/28/2006 Time: 9:43:28 AM User: N/A Computer: MAILSRV01 Description: A non-delivery report with a status code of 4.4.6 was generated for recipient rfc822;wally@fixetshop.nl (Message-ID <01c72a49$3ae16e20$2400a8c0@EQUIPODEMARY>). Cause: The maximum hop count was exceeded for this message. This non-delivery report can also be caused if a looping condition exists between sending and receiving servers that are not in the same Exchange organization. In this situation, the message ...

Exchange 2003 installed SP2 now IMF is not working.
I had Exchange 2003 SP1 and installed the IMF. I heard that SP2 has the IMF bulit-in. During the SP2 install it said I had to uninstalled the old IMF, which I did. I then installed Exchange 2003 SP2, I see the tabs in the "System Manager", Global Settings, "Message Delivery" But no IMF portion under the SMTP. I tried to reinstalled the IMF but still it doesn't show up under the SMTP protocals. What am I doing wrong? Within system manager, go to protocols|smtp and select Properties, the Advanced button and then the edit button. Then select the checkbox for en...

UCEArchive folder missing after installing IMF
I installed the Intelligent Message Filtering application on my Windows Server 2003 system running Exchange Server 2003. Following the instructions in the Deployment Guide, I specified that all identified SPAM should be archived in the default archive folder "UCEArchive". However, my server does not have a "Exchsrvr\Mailroot\vsi n\UCEArchive" folder. Can anyone tell me where the spam emails are going?? 22sparks Do you know if it is actually processing spam at the moment, best way to check is use the Performance Monitor counters to see how much UCE is coming in a...

OWA and IMF
Hi. We are running EX2003 and using IMF and OWA. When using Outlook 2003 the IMF filter worked just fine, delivering most of the junk mail to junkmail folder. But when using OWA we see that the amount of spam is increased. Will IMF work only in relation with Outlook?? Do anyone have the same problem?? The main differences between IMF + OWA and IMF + Outlook 20003 are: 1. Junk Email Folder enablement. Outlook 2003 automatically enables the Junk Email folder for IMF. OWA does not and you need to do it manually or with the help of some tools. 2. Outlook 2003 includes built-in anti-spam s...

IMF Set But Still No Filtering
Exchange Server 2003. I have set up IMF in Exchange and when my users (who have checked the "Filter junk email" option in their OWA interface) access their mail, the junk is still in their inbox. There is no Junk being shunted to their "Junk Email" folder. When I say that I have set up IMF in Exchange, I mean that I have done the following: <Organization> | Servers | <Exchange Server> | Protocols | SMTP | <SMTP Virtual Server>| Properties| General| <IP of Exchange server>| Advanced| Edit| Apply IMF Checked AND <Organization> | Serve...

IMF Safe Sender
What's the easiest way to tell IMF that a specific email address or domain is safe to let through regardless of content? Thanks in advance. -- Mike S. To whitelist by sender address you will need a third party extension like WinDeveloper IMF Tune: http://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/ Exchange 2003 does support IP whitelisting so if the sender always uses the same IP then that's a free alternative... regards, Alexander Zammit WinDeveloper Software "Mike_S" <MikeS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D7B92E6-034B-4E2D-B1CC-9CE357DC167B@microsoft.com...

Problem with IMF and Safe sender list
I don't know where can I create a Safe sender list that affect to all the users in the Exchange Organization ? Could you help me ? Thanks in advance Safe Sender list at the mailbox level does not operate at the SCL threshold set at the Gateway level. Safe Sender is only applicable to the mailbox SCL threshold. The link from the document provided by Microsoft states the following. http://www.nemx.com/products/powertools/ExchangeIMF.asp =====From the Microsoft Exchange IMF Deployment Guide===== "An administrator sets two thresholds that determine ho...

IMF
This question has already been asked, but havn't got answer. I have some troubles with Intelligent Message Filter. I need to get all messages from address@domain.com (mx.domain.com IP address xxx.yyy.1.1). 1. Global Settings - Message Delivery - Connection Filtering - Exception - added address@domain.com 2. Global Settings - Message Delivery - Connection Filtering - Accept... - added xxx.yyy.1.1 (Message "Connection, Recipient, and Sender Filtering must manually be enabled on specific SMTP virtual server IP address assignments as they are not enabled by default. For more informa...

New Exchange2003 server
If one Exchange2003 server crashed and could not come back, how to rebuild a new exchange2003 server and create mailbox for the old AD users? Also, if I setup a new exchange server in the same Exchange Organization, when the old exchange server offline, is it possible and how to create new mailbox for the AD user instead the old mailbox on the old exchange server? Thanks in advance better look at this: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2000/library/MRFME2KS.mspx "Sam" <sjin@ao-inc.com> wrote in message news:eNuCQCrHFHA.2476@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... &g...

Test SPAM IMF tool
I have Exchange 2003 setup in a test VLAN. I would like to test how the IMF works is there any tools to generate a lot of boges e-mail messages. Thanks Just use your real email address in this newsgroup. You will get lots of junk. TS Maida wrote: > I have Exchange 2003 setup in a test VLAN. I would like > to test how the IMF works is there any tools to generate > a lot of boges e-mail messages. Thanks Tamira Smithson <tsmith@rsff.com> wrote: >Just use your real email address in this newsgroup. You will get lots of >junk. Ummm . . . better to use an address yo...

Trying to install Exchange2003 Snapins on XP SP2
Hi All, I've been trying to set up my XP workstation to be able to manage my users on a Win2003 AD network with Exchange 2003SP1. My system is XP sp2, and I've already installed the adminpak.msi from Win2003SP1 (WindowsServer2003-KB304718-AdministrationToolsPack.exe) and I downloaded and installed the IIS 6.0 Manager for Windows XP (setup.exe). When I run mmc, I can add the IIS snap-in, as well as seeing it in my administrative tools folder. However, when I try to install the Exchange 2003 System Management Tools from the CD, when I try to select it, I get the error "The ...

Enable IMF
I have an Exchange 2003 SP2 machine, and I am trying to enable IMF. My understanding is I should go to ESM, Servers/Server_Name/Protocols/SMTP and there I should see "Intelligent Message Filtering" along with my Default SMTP Virtual Server. No such luck, I just have Default. For what it is worth this is a machine that starter as Exchange 2000 on Windows 2000, and has seen numerous upgrades. Also, can anyone comment on how IMF and GFI Mail Essentials work together in Mail Store mode? In what order does each tool process e:mails? Thanks, Gordon Its actually locted under Global ...

Recipient Filtering
Good Day All, Okay, let me say what I want first. I would like to have an area within IMF to enter the e-mail addresses that I would like IMF not to filter. Meaning any e-mails coming from that address should not be filtered. Is that possible? I thought that the Recipient Filtering was the option for this, but its just for addresses that you don't want to get e-mails. Thanks. You can do this, although you need a hotfix to be able to make the registry changes: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=912587 Todd "Kirrin Jones" <kirrinjones@itbetterbelifeordeath-gmail.com&g...

Reposting because this IMF question is really bugging me
I am using Exchange 2003 and have implemented IMF on my SBS 2003 server where Exchange and the SMTP gateway resides. Everything looks ok. I opted to have my suspected SPAM archieved to the archieve folder. When using the IMF Companion and viewing these suspected SPAM emails I've noticed one in there that I do not consider SPAM. I used the option to "unblock" this email. My questions are what happens to this email after I unblock it. Does it get forwarded to the addressee and does IMF assign a lower SCL value to allow it to pass next time. Thanks. I believe that the sender is ...

defrag exchange2003
What is the best way to defragment a server running exchange 2003? Are you running out of disk space? the obvious way is to cleanly shutdown the store(s) and run ESEUTIL /D You'd also want to run ISINTEG after that. HOWEVER, unless you have a really good reason, you wouldn't normally DO this - ever. So - why do you want to defrag Exchange ? Say you deleted 50 mailboxes - it'll simply re-use that empty space in future, so what have you gained? "if it ain't broke - don't fix it" is a good line to take in regard to defrag... ---- Luke Brennan Microsoft P...

Exchange IMF not blocking anything
I've installed Exchange IMF and set it to a medium-aggressive level, and it doesn't appear to be blocking anything at all. Spam levels are about the same as they were before I installed it. I'm wondering if the service isn't running or there's something else I've misconfigured. How do I debug this? Is there a log someplace that can show what's happening? Aloha Chris" anon, Did you enable it on your SMTP connector? -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenote.html...

IMF
I setup IMF on Exchange server 2003. Works fine. However I’m using POP3 connector to retrieve mail from some internet pop3 accounts. Mail is delivered into the main exchange mail box. I’m pretty sure that spam from these accounts is not filtered. Is there a way to achieve that? Thanks You would need a third party SPAM Filter and POP Connector to archieve that "Nicolas Rabat�" <NicolasRabat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6A823D0-42E0-4A9C-9949-D886787B2927@microsoft.com... > I setup IMF on Exchange server 2003. Works fine. However I'm using POP3 &...

Exchange SP2 & IMF
Installed the new SP2 a few weeks back, and configured Microsoft Update to update my IMF definitions. However, it seems that the new IMF is far more restrictive then before. Is there a tool or utility to determine how the SCL is derived? It would be nice to know how the SCL is created and be able to use this a tool for ExchangeUCEContentFilter.xml scripting. Thanks for any suggestions. The details of how SCL is determined aren't released. That's good and bad. Makes it harder for the spammers to figure out how to work around it, but also makes it harder for us to manage. :( &q...

Problem in Intelligent Message Filter (IMF)
Hi, I've Exchange 2003 SP2, and when I tried to configure ( with adminitrator system account) rate level for Gateway Blocking Configuration and Store Junk E-mail configuration, i've receiveid an error: Access Denied Facility: LDAP Provider ID no: 80070005 Microsoft Intelligent Mesage Filter Someone have this problem ou solution for this? Regards You probably do not have sufficient privileges to change that setting. Log in with an account that has "Exchange Full Admin". If you believe the account has the required privileges, was IMF v1 ever installed on this server?...