IMF Counters

Hi is there a reason why IMF counters appears and
disapears. I restart the server (a 2003 server) and they
disapears, I restart the server again and they appears.
They apearss only 1 time on 4.

It's very wired !! Any ideas ???

Sebas
0
anonymous (74717)

imf and SMTP
Every 2 weeks a new imf files comes via MU, after the file comes down SMTP tries to restart and hangs when stg. Looking at services and SMTP says starting and this never finishes. The only solution is to reboot the exchange server and then SMTP starts properly. Also IMF is not listed under my virtual server but does function? Thanks IMF showed up as a separate node under SMTP if you were using IMF v1. IMF v2 (part of Exchange Server 2003 SP2) removes that node and moves the functionality to enable IMF to SMTP vs properties | general | advanced | select ip address | Edit. If you are ...

Exchange 2003 IMF in a Simple Front End Back End Scenario
Exchange 2003 SP1 on both a BE server and a FE server. IMF has been downloaded and installed on the FE only. I have it set to not do any of the gateway archive/delete. I have it set to put Junk Email with a score of 8 or higher into the Junk folder. My email account is accessed via Outlook 2003 and via OWA (forms based). I have a Junk email folder in my OWA and the options are set to enable the Junk email filtering. My expectation is that the FE will assign the SCL number and then move it to the junk email folder, but when I go into OWA it is in my inbox. When I start up Outlook, it gets...

Archieving mail messages with IMF
I've implemented IMF with Exchange 2003. I've set my IMF properties to block UCE's on the gateway server and to have blocked messages archieved. According tothe documentation the default folder for these archieve messages is Program Files\Exchsvr\Mailroot\vs1\UCEArchieve. I do not see this fiolder. Question 1. Is this folder created by default? Question 2. How do I view messages that get archieved to this folder or do I just see details? http://bink.nu/Article3110.bink "Allen M" <ajmiyake@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:O8J2$yhOFHA.576@TK2MSFTNGP15.ph...

IMF Exchange2003
Message deleted by intelligent message filtering, but this is a legal address. User is part off AD, SCL Level is not being showd. What's going wrong? Gr. Addy On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 23:08:01 -0800, addy <addy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Message deleted by intelligent message filtering, but this is a legal address. >User is part off AD, SCL Level is not being showd. >What's going wrong? >Gr. >Addy It doesn't matter whether the user is a valid Active Directory user. If the incoming message is regarded as spam then it's pulled. How do you know about thi...

which imf version do I have
I have had exchange sp2 installed and imf has been activated. I am having a lot of trouble getting it to work(have followed all links and from previous posts have had no luck). Everything has been set up correctly. I have tried to re-install exchange sp2 but it now states that the older version of imf is installed and to remove before updating. How did sp2 instal the first time. Their is nothing in the add/remove programs. How can I see the old version if it exists or is their software that can detect which version(s) are installed. (Now I am confused) You have IMF v1. Follow this to u...

IMF whitlist
How do I add an IP (of sender SMTP server) to IMF whitelist? I have an SMTP server on the lan. Its IP is added in the peremiter and also on the global accept list. IMF deletes all messages coming from that server. The hot fix, Exchange2003-KB912587-x86.exe is for recipents only. A<. There is a "known" issue with that type of setup. Solution here: http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/018/ipacceptlist.htm cheers, Alexander Zammit WinDeveloper Software IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter Power http://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/ "Andy Izsak" <...

hit counter question
I need a hit counter on Excel 2003 which counts the number of times a condition is met. This spreadsheet DDEs to RediPlus (trading software). The DDE fields would be "last price" and "day high price". When last = day high, I have it flash a green conditional format. What I would like to do is to not only flash green but also count the number of times last = day high. For example, A1 = DDE link to "last price" of IBM (constantly changing) B1 = DDE link to "day high price" of IBM (changes only when a new high is made otherwise stays the same) C1 = ...

IMF Counters
Hi is there a reason why IMF counters appears and disapears. I restart the server (a 2003 server) and they disapears, I restart the server again and they appears. They apearss only 1 time on 4. It's very wired !! Any ideas ??? Sebas ...

Exchange 2003 installed SP2 now IMF is not working.
I had Exchange 2003 SP1 and installed the IMF. I heard that SP2 has the IMF bulit-in. During the SP2 install it said I had to uninstalled the old IMF, which I did. I then installed Exchange 2003 SP2, I see the tabs in the "System Manager", Global Settings, "Message Delivery" But no IMF portion under the SMTP. I tried to reinstalled the IMF but still it doesn't show up under the SMTP protocals. What am I doing wrong? Within system manager, go to protocols|smtp and select Properties, the Advanced button and then the edit button. Then select the checkbox for en...

How can I bybass sending to the Junk E-mail folder using IMF.
We would like any suspect messages to be sent to the users Inbox and not the Junk E-mail folder. Is there a way to do this? Also, what's the most popular scl settings? We're using 8 for the gateway setting and and 7 for the junk e-mail setting. -- tigerfanlsu On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 09:30:23 -0700, "kk" <kk@discussions.microsoft.com> hired a team of monkeys to write: >We would like any suspect messages to be sent to the users Inbox and not the >Junk E-mail folder. Is there a way to do this? >Also, what's the most popular scl settings? We're using...

IMF Install??
I recently installed the Intelligent Message Filter but do not see the 'extra' tabs for it in either the Message Delivery option or in the SMTP virtual server under Protocols. What did I do wrong? Do I have to somehow 'activate' it? Thanks in advance, Bill Hi Bill When you installed IMF did you select to install the "Management Tools for Intelligent Message Filter"? -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Bkana" <Bkana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

IMF Updates??
Hello, From what I understand, Windows Update will install updates to IMF. However, recently I've noticed an increase in the amount of spam getting in. What I'd like to know is the following: 1 - Is there somewhere in Exchange 2003 that will tell me the date of the IMF definitions currently installed? 2 - Is there a URL that will tell me if an update to IMF is available? Thanks everyone! "Nick Jax" <nickjax01@hotmail.com> wrote: >From what I understand, Windows Update will install updates to IMF. >However, recently I've noticed an increase in the amount...

Retaining blocked senders list for Exchange SP2 IMF
I noticed that when installing the new sp2 for exchange, one of the items is that if you have the v1 of the intelligent message filter installed, you might get a message to uninstall it during the exchange sp2 install process. My question is this: since I have a very big list of blocked senders that I spent a LOT of time inputting, is there a way to input them all back into the blocked senders list after I install the new sp2 for exchange? Is there a txt file that I could copy/paste the list into in the new intelligent message filter? The list is in the exchange system manager>"...

IMF and IMF Companion
Happily using IMF and IMF companion for a while. Some non spam emails get caught and I 'unblock' them using the feature in IMF companion. This previously resulted in the email being delivered. However recently the unblocked email goes into the pickup folder and sits there and is not delivered. Anything I can check to see what is happening here? Thanks Paul, ...

Exchange Sp2 IMF Container
Can someone direct me to how to create IMF container when installing Exchange sp2? Microsoft article describe the following container needs to be added before installing sp2. Cn=UCE Content Filter, Cn=Message Delivery..... Is there any tools to create the container? Thanks Sn where did you come across this? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Sn" <ssfatmi2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%2304UBAN2FHA.612@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Can someone direct me to how to create IMF container whe...

IMF number
IMF assignes a score number to every e-mail - can you se those numbers in messages taht didn't get filtered? It would be helpfull in knowing what some messages score. Mark http://weblogs.asp.net/exchange/archive/2004/05/26/142607.aspx "Mark" <markschindler@mitchellgold.com> wrote in message news:%23tU$Qdp8EHA.3064@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > IMF assignes a score number to every e-mail - can you se those numbers in > messages taht didn't get filtered? > > It would be helpfull in knowing what some messages score. > > Mark > ...

IMF update breaks IMF?
I have sucessfully deployed IMF, Exchange Intelligent Message Filtering and it works fine but when I go to update it with the IMF Update I get a 7514 ERROR in application log file, which states IMF is not working and to reinstall, when I dont apply the update it works fine? any idea's? Is this still a problem? "jpeterson" <jpeterson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:092AD013-0EFF-414E-8679-41B9B341E7F7@microsoft.com... >I have sucessfully deployed IMF, Exchange Intelligent Message Filtering and > it works fine but when I go to update it with the ...

SCL Outlook 2003/Exchange 2003 and IMF and IMF Tuner
we have a problem with SCL -1 rated emails on some Exchange 2003 mailboxes going to the junk folder. These are emails going to a group of people. Some people get the email in the inbox while others get the email in the junk folder. The source of the emails is in the whitelist of IMF. the user(s) that get the email in the junk folder don't have anything in the blocked sender list. what is causing this and how can it be fixed? Turn off junk mail filtering in Outlook and test. IMF itself does not have a whitelist, though you can add sending hosts' IP addresses in Connection Filter...

Contacts folder and IMF
Does IMF constantly track the contents of the Contacts folder or it just imports the list of contacts at the time when the Trust e-mail from your contacts option is set? Hi Val, There are two levels of SPAM filtering at play here, on the Exchange server (IMF) and Outlook (Junk E-Mail). The feature you mention is not used by Exchange IMF, it only comes into play with Outlook on the client. Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www.ExchangeIS.com "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55F4403C-D7C4-426F-A19...

Does IMF work with Outlook 2000?
Hi, Does Microsoft Exchange Intelligent Message Filter for Exchange 2003 work with Outlook 2000 (providing a central place to filter spam) or does it only work with Outlook 2003. Thank you. *where is my aspiring?* It works best with OUtlook 2003. However it will work with previous versions of OUtlook, but any SPAM tagged email will be delivered to the inbox by default and not the Junk Mail folder. ( unless you manually create some rules) Note however that you can configure Sender Lists via OWA 2003! On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 09:31:22 -0700, "aspirin" <aspirin2004@yahoo.c...

Textbox Character Counter
I'm trying to display the character count of a textbox in a label. The format I'm trying to achieve is something like: "1/60 Characters" 60 being the feild size I set for that textbox. Any help would be great. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/201001/1 On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 00:03:04 GMT, User via AccessMonster.com wrote: > I'm trying to display the character count of a textbox in a label. > > The format I'm trying to achieve is something like: "1/60 Characters"...

Some IMF question
Hi, For those emails marked as ****SPAM**** by IMF, how can I make them go directly to the user's Junk email folder instead of Inbox ? TIA Steven On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 09:53:37 +1000, "Steven Wong" <sazabi75@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >For those emails marked as ****SPAM**** by IMF, >how can I make them go directly to the user's >Junk email folder instead of Inbox ? > >TIA > >Steven > Lower the store threshold SCL number? You must enable the Junk Email folder through OWA. Junk Email enablement can be a bit tricky check these article...

IMF enabling issue
I have enabled IMF (default smtp virtual server> right click> etc) and stopped /started the smtp v/server but IMF is not showing up there. I can see the tab under global properties. I did not have IMF 1 installed and this is a fresh sbs standard install. I installed Exchange SP2 tonight. I am using a pop3 to collect my mail from isp. Any ideas as to why this is missing? IMF won't scan email retreived via POP3. You would need to receive via SMTP. IMF v2 Should be enabled from here: http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/017/imfproblems.htm#enableimf cheers, Alexander Zammit W...

incremental counter for dup number values
my wife, accountant, is very often bringing home work where she wants to match offsetting records from two record sets by value only. However, where one set may have 10 instances of $25, the other may only have 2 instances of $25. How can I effectively limit the pick of only two records from the set with 10 dups? ...

Performance counters
Hi, I'm trying to use the Outlook performance counters available with 2003 and 2007 but they are always 0. There's not much info out there on them (I've tried Googling every which way). Can anyone point me in the right direction? -- Thanks, Dan ...