IMF Appending to the Subject of email message

It seems as though IMF is appending the word [SPAM] to email messages deemed
as spam.  My Spam server doesn't do this and also emails messages being sent
internally are being appended.  Does IMF actually have this option or maybe
is it something else causing this action?  I really need to know how to
disable if its IMF.

Thanks
0
Netadmin (17)

IMF does not alter subject or content of messages - it simply stamps SCL
(Spam Confidence Level) property that is than used to either drop the mail
at the gateway or move it to either your Junk Mail or Inbox folders
depending on your threshold settings.

Check if you have any third-party anti-spam or anti-virus w/anti-spam
features doing this, or if your mail's being received from a smarthost check
for any anti-spam running on the smarthost.
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"Netadmin" <Netadmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It seems as though IMF is appending the word [SPAM] to email messages
> deemed
> as spam.  My Spam server doesn't do this and also emails messages being
> sent
> internally are being appended.  Does IMF actually have this option or
> maybe
> is it something else causing this action?  I really need to know how to
> disable if its IMF.
>
> Thanks

0
bharat3597 (1006)
1/20/2006 4:30:28 PM
I'm running Symantec for Exchange but the SPAM feature is NOT enabled.  Would
Outlook 2003 append SPAM to the message?

"Bharat Suneja" wrote:

> IMF does not alter subject or content of messages - it simply stamps SCL
> (Spam Confidence Level) property that is than used to either drop the mail
> at the gateway or move it to either your Junk Mail or Inbox folders
> depending on your threshold settings.
>
> Check if you have any third-party anti-spam or anti-virus w/anti-spam
> features doing this, or if your mail's being received from a smarthost check
> for any anti-spam running on the smarthost.
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MCSE, MCT
> www.zenprise.com
> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
> -----------------------------------
>

> "Netadmin" <Netadmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > It seems as though IMF is appending the word [SPAM] to email messages
> > deemed
> > as spam.  My Spam server doesn't do this and also emails messages being
> > sent
> > internally are being appended.  Does IMF actually have this option or
> > maybe
> > is it something else causing this action?  I really need to know how to
> > disable if its IMF.
> >
> > Thanks

0
Netadmin (17)
1/20/2006 4:37:03 PM
No.
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

> I'm running Symantec for Exchange but the SPAM feature is NOT enabled.
> Would
> Outlook 2003 append SPAM to the message?
>

> "Bharat Suneja" wrote:
>
>> IMF does not alter subject or content of messages - it simply stamps SCL
>> (Spam Confidence Level) property that is than used to either drop the
>> mail
>> at the gateway or move it to either your Junk Mail or Inbox folders
>> depending on your threshold settings.
>>
>> Check if you have any third-party anti-spam or anti-virus w/anti-spam
>> features doing this, or if your mail's being received from a smarthost
>> check
>> for any anti-spam running on the smarthost.
>> --
>> Bharat Suneja
>> MCSE, MCT
>> www.zenprise.com
>> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
>> -----------------------------------
>>

>> "Netadmin" <Netadmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > It seems as though IMF is appending the word [SPAM] to email messages
>> > deemed
>> > as spam.  My Spam server doesn't do this and also emails messages being
>> > sent
>> > internally are being appended.  Does IMF actually have this option or
>> > maybe
>> > is it something else causing this action?  I really need to know how to
>> > disable if its IMF.
>> >
>> > Thanks

0
bharat3597 (1006)
1/20/2006 4:45:54 PM
Ok, I found the problem.  I'm running MailEssentials and its adding the SPAM
tag.  Thanks for your assitance.

"Netadmin" wrote:

> I'm running Symantec for Exchange but the SPAM feature is NOT enabled.  Would
> Outlook 2003 append SPAM to the message?
>

> "Bharat Suneja" wrote:
>
> > IMF does not alter subject or content of messages - it simply stamps SCL
> > (Spam Confidence Level) property that is than used to either drop the mail
> > at the gateway or move it to either your Junk Mail or Inbox folders
> > depending on your threshold settings.
> >
> > Check if you have any third-party anti-spam or anti-virus w/anti-spam
> > features doing this, or if your mail's being received from a smarthost check
> > for any anti-spam running on the smarthost.
> > --
> > Bharat Suneja
> > MCSE, MCT
> > www.zenprise.com
> > blog: www.suneja.com/blog
> > -----------------------------------
> >

> > "Netadmin" <Netadmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > It seems as though IMF is appending the word [SPAM] to email messages
> > > deemed
> > > as spam.  My Spam server doesn't do this and also emails messages being
> > > sent
> > > internally are being appended.  Does IMF actually have this option or
> > > maybe
> > > is it something else causing this action?  I really need to know how to
> > > disable if its IMF.
> > >
> > > Thanks

0
Netadmin (17)

Previewing the email a template creates
In my opinion ... and I'm almost always right : ) ... Templates are of no use unless the subsequent email can be previewed. Users are not going to select 50 leads and send them an email without being able to view the text and formatting on its way out. The template may have been created by someone else which means the user would be taking an enormous leap of faith in using the template. That’s just asking for trouble. Likewise, a Customer Service rep wouldn’t use a template to tell a customer how to fix a particular issue unless they could preview the email. I assumed the deve...

organize email
what is the best way to organize email (folders..) in outlok 2010 to take full advantage of the new features "joe" <joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B5CC08B-82B9-49F6-9324-6580B7806FED@microsoft.com... > what is the best way to organize email (folders..) in outlok 2010 to take > full advantage of the new features The best way is whatever way works best for you. You'd have to state requirments. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

change email editor in word
Please help - How do I change my email editor/default account in word? Thanks, -- Shelley Taylor shelleytaylor@cfl.rr.com What do you mean by changing your 'email editor' in Word? If, in Outlook, you set Word as your email editor.... then it's your editor. Your choice are either to use Outlook's internal editor or use Word. You also set your default mail account in Outlook not Word "Shelley Taylor" <shelleytaylor@bigfoot.com> wrote in message news:ejrTLepmDHA.2272@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Please help - How do I change my email editor/default account...

Insert saved email as an attachment to my current email
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop In Outlook I could select a saved email and attach it to a new email by selecting (Insert, Item) this would show my Outlook folders. I would then select the saved email and it would appear as an attachment on my new email. How do I do this in Entourage with out having to exist my current email? You can simply drag the e-mail to the Attachments section of the Compose window. Or, before actually creating a new e-mail, you can simply select the e-mail you want to include and select Message&...

Emailing a survey
I am looking to create a survey that will be delivered through Outlook. I have created a table with form controls in word (a .dot file). Because of the form controls the form would need to be locked. I did set Word as my email editor and created the email with the table inserted into the body. However, when I hit Send nothing happens. Can you let me know if I am going about this the wrong way and if so how to best accomplish this. ... or is what I am trying to do simply not possible? Can you send it by using CTRL+ENTER? Also see the following add-in for creating e-mail surveys...

outgoing email
get the error message 553 sorry, that domain isnt in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5,7,1) i go and test my settings and i can send with no problems and i get a message back in outlook that their working. im using a usb wireless connection and just dont understand if i can send the test messages why cant i send other messages. Never had a problem till i used the wireless. I take puter to work and have no problem with the connection there Mahalo Rob You probably need to authenticate to your outgoing server, which can be set up on the "Outgoing Server" tab for your account. ...

Change email addresses
I have a column that contains email addresses. Each time I try to change the contents of a cell it opens word as the email editor for that address How do I stop this without negating the hyperlink? Also, How do i change the font for a column? Thanks Frank C Select the cell with the arrow keys (not the mouse) and edit in the formula bar. To change font for the column, select the column and Format > Cells...> Font and make your selections -- Gary's Student "Frank C" wrote: > I have a column that contains email addresses. Each time I try to change the > conte...

imf and SMTP
Every 2 weeks a new imf files comes via MU, after the file comes down SMTP tries to restart and hangs when stg. Looking at services and SMTP says starting and this never finishes. The only solution is to reboot the exchange server and then SMTP starts properly. Also IMF is not listed under my virtual server but does function? Thanks IMF showed up as a separate node under SMTP if you were using IMF v1. IMF v2 (part of Exchange Server 2003 SP2) removes that node and moves the functionality to enable IMF to SMTP vs properties | general | advanced | select ip address | Edit. If you are ...

Alert when outgoing email sent to specific email address
Is there anyway for us to either review logs or something where we can see who sent emails to a specific email address? What version of Exchange? In any case, you can examine the message tracking logs. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "CCripe" <CCripe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB6F6509-A55B-4F39-B826-B8818D8D0CC4@microsoft.com... > Is there anyway for us to either review logs or something where we can see > who sent emails to a specific email address? Hi, ...

Email Statements
Would it not be a good idea to have the function available to e-mail customer statements as well/print statements from the close billing cycle, as a built in function. Obviousley there are work arounds and im sure 3rd party add-ons but in this day and age off email - ecommerce.... Your thoughts are appreciated. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion ...

How to email attached files
I need to send an email with attached files (not the data type). Within access I would like to send an email with 2 or 3 extra files. I am unable to send extra files with the DoCmd.SendObject function. Those somebody have a suggestion. Thank you -- Eric Hi Have a look at this http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.access/browse_thread/thread/809c6cba6d0e7caf/445aa650bc1c610c?q=access+sendobject+wayne+group:microsoft.public.access -- Wayne Manchester, England. "ericb" wrote: > I need to send an email with attached files (not the da...

Outlook Express accessing mail from two computers and needing to transfer messag
I have a laptop and desktop and have hundreds of OE messages I want to get from one machine to the other. I have tried backing up and copying but OE wont recognise the files. is there a simple way other than re emailing all the files from one machine and then reading them on the other? Hi - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in...

Catch all email address #2
Hello Is it possible to setup a catch all email address, I would like to setup a inbox that catches all the email address set to the @domain.org.uk. Is it possible to do this? Regards Andrew Dear Andrew, what do you mean by catch ? do you want to setup a mailbox to recieve all the emails sent and recieved by @domain.org.uk ? do you mean archiving ? regards Alaa Al-Ankar "Andrew" <not@home.com> wrote in message news:44381ff6$0$33909$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net... > Hello > > Is it possible to setup a catch all email address, > > I would like...

email #71
How can I check my email on Microsoft Outlook when I am traveling? If you have Outlook on Laptop, use your ISP Roaming service (If available) or use wireless network such as T-mobile Hotspot, or Free Broadband network service from Hotel (If available) or find free hotspot (If available). otherwise you need tell detailed info, what do you have and what do you want to do. "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FF92C5E-4992-4BEF-9EFB-1194084E26BC@microsoft.com... > How can I check my email on Microsoft Outlook when I am traveling? ...

Message exceeds server limit on IMS
I can't send outgoing message with big attachments even though that I didn't set any message size limits on IMS and MTA. It always give me this error: -----Original Message----- From: System Administrator Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2004 9:45 AM To: receipient@domain.com Subject: Undeliverable: RE: Subject Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Sent: 7/29/04 9:45 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: receipient@domain.com on 7/29/04 9:45 AM The content length of the message is too long for the recipient to take delivery The MTS-I...

3.0 Tracking Ref in Email
How can I change the tracking reference in the email to include more spaces between the actual subject line and the start of the reference? CRM keeps taking out the extra spaces I put in! -- Adam Carter Vantage IT Solutions Limited http://www.vantageit.co.uk there is not control over this. You can only change the tracking token itself ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Adam Carter" <adam.carter@vantageit.co.uk> wrote in message news:BLudnaSFMObbg5LZRVny1Q@pipex.net... > How can I change the tracking...

Unable to search Accounts, message says 'No Attribute'?
I'm having a problem with the search utility in CRM 3.0. When I try to perform a search on an account in the 'Active Accounts' View (whcih is set to the Default Public View) all I get when I click the 'Find' button is a message box that says 'No Attribute' with an OK button on it. The error started on a new Server and CRM install when I was trying to create an association between a custom entity and another entity. SQL Server took all the 2GB of ram and locked up the server. After about 5 minutes I paused SQL then Stopped it and then rebooted the server. Whe...

Exchange 2003 IMF in a Simple Front End Back End Scenario
Exchange 2003 SP1 on both a BE server and a FE server. IMF has been downloaded and installed on the FE only. I have it set to not do any of the gateway archive/delete. I have it set to put Junk Email with a score of 8 or higher into the Junk folder. My email account is accessed via Outlook 2003 and via OWA (forms based). I have a Junk email folder in my OWA and the options are set to enable the Junk email filtering. My expectation is that the FE will assign the SCL number and then move it to the junk email folder, but when I go into OWA it is in my inbox. When I start up Outlook, it gets...

Automatically importing address from emails into Outlook 2003
Hello, I have large number (100s)of emails in my INBOX and I want to add all the addresses into the address book of Microsoft Outlook 2003. Is there any tool/add-in/macro available that will do this automatically? It's urgent. An early reply would be much appreciated. I am also available at: karthikgk-AT-gmail-DOT-COM Thanks, karthik Found it ! www.ornicusa.com has a tool that does just exactly what I need. Good thing is that it works with POP3 mails and on Office 2003 and on all incoming/outgoing mails too. Infact, once installed, it works ike any regular Outlook RULE. Just what...

Reply or forward messages
When I reply or forward from a message in the inbox it will move the orginal message to the sent items. I like for my orginal message to stay in the inbox until I am ready to move or delete it. Can anyone tell me why this happens. I thought maybe some setting is doing this. I also check with another co-worker and when they reply or forward it stays in the inbox. Help please Tasha is the message actually getting moved or do you have it set to hide read messages and the original is hidden? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, ...

Standard Signature for ALL OUTGOING messages (e-mails)
Hello, I'm trying to setup a banner that will go out with every email comming out of my organization. Something like the one "This e-mail was courtesy of "Organization name" but I want to use this for security purposes. Can this be done in Exchange without having to include this to all the mailboxes in the organization? Thanks There is not a function within in Exchange. it will require a 3rd party utility. We use one before deciding to adjust everyone's Outlook signature and then let them maintain their own. The link before is for GFI's MES. As long as ...

Email Notifications
How do you deselect the send email notifications when we publish timelines? Currently, we have many people in the resource pool with 2 extra characters prefixing their email addresses so that email is not valid and they don't get the notifications, but our network admin does not like this method. I don't really want to clear the smtp email because some people we want to get these emails. We also don't want to have to rely on each user going into their personal settings to deactivate it themselves. Is there any way other than the things mentioned here? Alice -- ...

Localizing ddv error messages
Hi, I've been given an application to maintain which links statically to the MFC library. In all the dialogs of the application, if invalid data is entered, the ddv routines generate error messages in French, even though the language propert of all the dialogs is English (U.S.) and my project options include "/l 0x407". If I link dynamically to the MFC library, all error messages are generated in English. Is there a way I can link statically AND have English error messages? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Linda "Linda Marcellus" <linda.marcellus@novate...

Archieving mail messages with IMF
I've implemented IMF with Exchange 2003. I've set my IMF properties to block UCE's on the gateway server and to have blocked messages archieved. According tothe documentation the default folder for these archieve messages is Program Files\Exchsvr\Mailroot\vs1\UCEArchieve. I do not see this fiolder. Question 1. Is this folder created by default? Question 2. How do I view messages that get archieved to this folder or do I just see details? http://bink.nu/Article3110.bink "Allen M" <ajmiyake@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:O8J2$yhOFHA.576@TK2MSFTNGP15.ph...

Sending from multiple email addresses
We currently provide support for a few clients. I currently have Exchange 2003 setup to handle mydomain.com. We have distro lists setup at our clients as support@myclient.com. That email sends to say 10 of our techs. When they reply or initiate an email, I need them to be able to select whether they are sending from johndoe@mydomain.com or from support@myclient.com. Is there a way to do this in Exchange 2003? If we configured Outlook to retrieve emails for mydomain.com as POP3, you can just add another account and select the account. I don't want to have to do this since ther...