imf and SMTP

Every 2 weeks a new imf files comes via MU, after the file comes down SMTP
tries to restart and hangs when stg.  Looking at services and SMTP says
starting and this never finishes.  The only solution is to reboot the
exchange server and then SMTP starts properly. Also IMF is not listed under
my virtual server but does function?

Thanks
0
OBrien (1)

IMF showed up as a separate node under SMTP if you were using IMF v1.
IMF v2 (part of Exchange Server 2003 SP2) removes that node and moves the
functionality to enable IMF to SMTP vs properties | general | advanced |
select ip address | Edit.

If you are on SP2 and have IMF v1 still installed (normally SP2 installer
bugs you about this), uninstall IMF v1 and reinstall SP2.

Fairly certain IMF v1 could not be updated using MU.
--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"Dennis OBrien" <Dennis OBrien@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Every 2 weeks a new imf files comes via MU, after the file comes down SMTP
> tries to restart and hangs when stg.  Looking at services and SMTP says
> starting and this never finishes.  The only solution is to reboot the
> exchange server and then SMTP starts properly. Also IMF is not listed
> under
> my virtual server but does function?
>
> Thanks

0
bharatsuneja1 (3145)

imf and SMTP
Every 2 weeks a new imf files comes via MU, after the file comes down SMTP tries to restart and hangs when stg. Looking at services and SMTP says starting and this never finishes. The only solution is to reboot the exchange server and then SMTP starts properly. Also IMF is not listed under my virtual server but does function? Thanks IMF showed up as a separate node under SMTP if you were using IMF v1. IMF v2 (part of Exchange Server 2003 SP2) removes that node and moves the functionality to enable IMF to SMTP vs properties | general | advanced | select ip address | Edit. If you are ...

SMTP config in already installed crm
Hi all, I have another question, a dev guy is working on a custom module, and needs to configure crm to send outbound smtp to an exchange server. He has already installed CRM at this point (seperate instance and forest then the other problem I posted yesterday) We do not need inbound mail to work, so I think we do not need the exchange router.. I can find no way to configure the smtp server in crm Any suggestions? Thank you! You still need the Exchange Router to send outbound email. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------...

Exchange 2003 IMF in a Simple Front End Back End Scenario
Exchange 2003 SP1 on both a BE server and a FE server. IMF has been downloaded and installed on the FE only. I have it set to not do any of the gateway archive/delete. I have it set to put Junk Email with a score of 8 or higher into the Junk folder. My email account is accessed via Outlook 2003 and via OWA (forms based). I have a Junk email folder in my OWA and the options are set to enable the Junk email filtering. My expectation is that the FE will assign the SCL number and then move it to the junk email folder, but when I go into OWA it is in my inbox. When I start up Outlook, it gets...

Archieving mail messages with IMF
I've implemented IMF with Exchange 2003. I've set my IMF properties to block UCE's on the gateway server and to have blocked messages archieved. According tothe documentation the default folder for these archieve messages is Program Files\Exchsvr\Mailroot\vs1\UCEArchieve. I do not see this fiolder. Question 1. Is this folder created by default? Question 2. How do I view messages that get archieved to this folder or do I just see details? http://bink.nu/Article3110.bink "Allen M" <ajmiyake@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:O8J2$yhOFHA.576@TK2MSFTNGP15.ph...

which imf version do I have
I have had exchange sp2 installed and imf has been activated. I am having a lot of trouble getting it to work(have followed all links and from previous posts have had no luck). Everything has been set up correctly. I have tried to re-install exchange sp2 but it now states that the older version of imf is installed and to remove before updating. How did sp2 instal the first time. Their is nothing in the add/remove programs. How can I see the old version if it exists or is their software that can detect which version(s) are installed. (Now I am confused) You have IMF v1. Follow this to u...

Help
I have about 1500 entries from alleged tiawan addresses. My queue is flooded and I need a quick way to remove these attampts. I would also like some advice as to how to prevent this (we have relaying prohibited but that doesnt prevent someone from trying and filling up the queue) . In any case any help is appreciated! Rice What type of messages are they? Are they NDR's being generated by your server (sender of < > or administrator)? Are you referring to the outbound SMPT queues? If it is just NDR's being generated, it shouldn't be a huge issue, as the remote dom...

Can't change users primary SMTP
Exchange 2003 native mode (SP2). Every time i try to change a users default SMTP address, it *appears* to take, but then a few minutes later i check AD Users and Computers and the old default is back. I've also tried changing the default and then deleting the old one, only to see the original default address back again. As near as i can tell, this is only effecting one user. Anyone seen this before? Scratch that, it's happening on ALL mailboxes. What would cause a primary address to become hard-coded like that? ..And more importantly, how do i fix it? "jim" ...

Undeliverable SMTP mail
I am in the process of migrating our mail service away from our ISP's IMail server to our own Exchange 2003 server on Windows Server 2003. I have already set up the server and internet mail connection, and have used my own mailbox as the first "live" account. The mail server at the isp is mail.nikolaevich.org. The new Exchange server is zarya.sac.nikolaevich.org. When I try to send mail from my new Exchange account to any of the accounts on the old server, I get an "Undeliverable" report from System administrator with an error like this: vadim@mail.nikolaevic...

Rules will not forward to external SMTP email.
Hi, Since migrating to exchange 2003, we have found that we cannot use the outlook rules wizard to forward emails to an external address. The rule works fine if you forward mail to another mailbox internally, but if you select one of your contacts or type an external smtp address in directly, nothing ever leaves the exchange server. This is with Outlook 2000 SP3 any ideas? thanks Steve Davis I don't know E2003 yet (sigh) but in E2k you just need to enable autoforward to the Internet in Exchange System Manager. Davis wrote: > Hi, > > Since migrating to exchange 2003, we h...

IMF Exchange2003
Message deleted by intelligent message filtering, but this is a legal address. User is part off AD, SCL Level is not being showd. What's going wrong? Gr. Addy On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 23:08:01 -0800, addy <addy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Message deleted by intelligent message filtering, but this is a legal address. >User is part off AD, SCL Level is not being showd. >What's going wrong? >Gr. >Addy It doesn't matter whether the user is a valid Active Directory user. If the incoming message is regarded as spam then it's pulled. How do you know about thi...

IMF whitlist
How do I add an IP (of sender SMTP server) to IMF whitelist? I have an SMTP server on the lan. Its IP is added in the peremiter and also on the global accept list. IMF deletes all messages coming from that server. The hot fix, Exchange2003-KB912587-x86.exe is for recipents only. A<. There is a "known" issue with that type of setup. Solution here: http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/018/ipacceptlist.htm cheers, Alexander Zammit WinDeveloper Software IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter Power http://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/ "Andy Izsak" <...

Outlook SMTP Outgoing mail error 0x800CCC80
I use Outlook 2007 on an XP 64 OS. For my MSN account, incoming mail is POP3, outgoing is SMTP. As of a particular point in time last week, I can no longer send mail out and receive error: "- Sending' reported error (0x800CCC80) : 'None of the authentication methods supported by this client are supported by your server.' None of my setting have changed in the last 8-9 months. Do I need to change some settings now? This group is for Outlook Express. MS Outlook newsgroups: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft...

IMF Counters
Hi is there a reason why IMF counters appears and disapears. I restart the server (a 2003 server) and they disapears, I restart the server again and they appears. They apearss only 1 time on 4. It's very wired !! Any ideas ??? Sebas ...

Exchange 2003 installed SP2 now IMF is not working.
I had Exchange 2003 SP1 and installed the IMF. I heard that SP2 has the IMF bulit-in. During the SP2 install it said I had to uninstalled the old IMF, which I did. I then installed Exchange 2003 SP2, I see the tabs in the "System Manager", Global Settings, "Message Delivery" But no IMF portion under the SMTP. I tried to reinstalled the IMF but still it doesn't show up under the SMTP protocals. What am I doing wrong? Within system manager, go to protocols|smtp and select Properties, the Advanced button and then the edit button. Then select the checkbox for en...

How can I bybass sending to the Junk E-mail folder using IMF.
We would like any suspect messages to be sent to the users Inbox and not the Junk E-mail folder. Is there a way to do this? Also, what's the most popular scl settings? We're using 8 for the gateway setting and and 7 for the junk e-mail setting. -- tigerfanlsu On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 09:30:23 -0700, "kk" <kk@discussions.microsoft.com> hired a team of monkeys to write: >We would like any suspect messages to be sent to the users Inbox and not the >Junk E-mail folder. Is there a way to do this? >Also, what's the most popular scl settings? We're using...

REPOST: IIS SMTP as a Alternative Port Mail Relay
(expanding scope due to non-response) We're working with an ISP that has port 25 blocked. Currently we are using No-IP's mail relay service. Having recently moved towards a dedicated service for some of our applications we now have the ability to put an IIS SMTP service up and want to use it to do the alternative port relaying. I've gone through the IIS SMTP configuration for relaying as outlined in the various Microsoft KB articles. At this point I've configured the appropriate domains, specified our internal server to forward to and set the outbound connection port to 26...

pop3 server and smtp what to write in set up to use outlook
I feel really dumb but I do not know what top type where it asks for POP3 server name and SMTP. Can anyone please help me? Thank you// "tomas08" <tomas08@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C03476E1-D08C-493A-8ED0-A44D039D6B87@microsoft.com... >I feel really dumb but I do not know what top type where it asks for POP3 > server name and SMTP. Can anyone please help me? > > Thank you// You'll have to contact your ISP for that info or it may be posted on your ISP's website. On Sat, 1 Dec 2007 08:30:00 -0800, tomas08 <tomas08@discussion...

SMTP errors #2
We just recently migrated from 5.5 to 2003, a few users are occasionally receiving this error when sending messages out and I'm not sure what to do about it: Any idea what would be the problem? The following recipient(s) could not be reached: jwinston@scadirect.com on 11/03/2004 12:49 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <ExchNY.nycpdc.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <jwinston@scadirect.com>... Relaying denied. IP name possibly forged [209.73.208.162]> -- Thanks The recei...

Project Server/Exchange Server SMTP connectivity
Is there an easy way to test the smtp connectivity between Project Server and Exchange Server. Retreiving tasks with the Outlook add-in seems to work fine, but notifications, updates, etc don't seem to be happening. Also, Am I correct that mail messages are sent only once a day using the smtp set up in Project Server? Hi Peter, From the Project Server you should be able to telnet on port 25 to your Exchange server (google for telnet 25 and you'll get some good pages and you'll be able to check it out). Outlook connnecting is a red herring, it doesn't use SM...

Sink for SMTP and Internal
I have mail sink set up in VB using ISMTPOnArrival_OnArrival function, but just realized not working for internal mail. Is there any parallel function for mail sent internally (not using STMP?)? Thanks. Daniel Yes, store SINKS <dangordo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1105549203.833130.46570@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >I have mail sink set up in VB using ISMTPOnArrival_OnArrival function, > but just realized not working for internal mail. Is there any parallel > function for mail sent internally (not using STMP?)? > > Thanks. > > Daniel > ...

NDR Message smtp 550 5.7.1
Alright so thank to the help offered here I think I have our open relay issue resolved, but we can't send messages to an external domain. Below is the message received with FQDN and public IP address changed to protect the guilty. "Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Test Sent: 10/4/2005 3:44 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'realjoe@externaldomain.com' on 10/4/2005 3:44 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. ...

IMF Install??
I recently installed the Intelligent Message Filter but do not see the 'extra' tabs for it in either the Message Delivery option or in the SMTP virtual server under Protocols. What did I do wrong? Do I have to somehow 'activate' it? Thanks in advance, Bill Hi Bill When you installed IMF did you select to install the "Management Tools for Intelligent Message Filter"? -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Bkana" <Bkana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

IMF Updates??
Hello, From what I understand, Windows Update will install updates to IMF. However, recently I've noticed an increase in the amount of spam getting in. What I'd like to know is the following: 1 - Is there somewhere in Exchange 2003 that will tell me the date of the IMF definitions currently installed? 2 - Is there a URL that will tell me if an update to IMF is available? Thanks everyone! "Nick Jax" <nickjax01@hotmail.com> wrote: >From what I understand, Windows Update will install updates to IMF. >However, recently I've noticed an increase in the amount...

Retaining blocked senders list for Exchange SP2 IMF
I noticed that when installing the new sp2 for exchange, one of the items is that if you have the v1 of the intelligent message filter installed, you might get a message to uninstall it during the exchange sp2 install process. My question is this: since I have a very big list of blocked senders that I spent a LOT of time inputting, is there a way to input them all back into the blocked senders list after I install the new sp2 for exchange? Is there a txt file that I could copy/paste the list into in the new intelligent message filter? The list is in the exchange system manager>"...

IMF and IMF Companion
Happily using IMF and IMF companion for a while. Some non spam emails get caught and I 'unblock' them using the feature in IMF companion. This previously resulted in the email being delivered. However recently the unblocked email goes into the pickup folder and sits there and is not delivered. Anything I can check to see what is happening here? Thanks Paul, ...