IMF and Outlook 2003 in POP3 mode

My server gets all email via SMTP and IMF is working great, in OWA and
Outlook 2003 Native Exchange mode junk mail goes to the junk folder
and users can add exceptions for "junk" they want to receive etc.  I'm
wondering about my remote users who use Outlook 2003 in POP3 mode to
grab their email (since RPC proxy works pretty lousy, can't wait til
that is tweaked!).  The email in their junk email folder is not
downloaded to Outlook, and they have to log into OWA to see it.

1.  Should/can Outlook 2003 download these junk messages via POP3?

2.  If so, can they be moved to the junk folder like they were in OWA
or will they appear in the inbox only?  I guess this depends on if the
SCL rating is passed with the header in POP3, I'm assuming probably
not.

I was assuming it would all just get downloaded and put in their inbox
like the guides say it will do for pre-2003 versions but its not
coming in at all.  I already told them they can disable the junk email
in OWA but would rather have this enabled for all users across the
board so when they are on a system that supports it, the junk function
will work.

Email above doesn't work right now, please post here.

Thanks
-Dave
0
dlavoie (4)

Outlook SMSAdd-in
Hello, I installed Outlook SMS-Add-in 2.0 (mosa_usEN.exe) to send SMS messages via Outlook 2007. After filling the form, when I try to send the message, I get "A required property is missing from the SMS form. Please reinstall Microfot Office Outlook SMS Add-in" error appears on the screen. I reinstall the add-in several times but the error remains. Any idea about this error? If this add-on is not reliable, is there any other similir product to use for the same purposes? Thanks in advance. Atilla Gultekin. did you sign in with your passport? is your phone network supported? ...

imf and SMTP
Every 2 weeks a new imf files comes via MU, after the file comes down SMTP tries to restart and hangs when stg. Looking at services and SMTP says starting and this never finishes. The only solution is to reboot the exchange server and then SMTP starts properly. Also IMF is not listed under my virtual server but does function? Thanks IMF showed up as a separate node under SMTP if you were using IMF v1. IMF v2 (part of Exchange Server 2003 SP2) removes that node and moves the functionality to enable IMF to SMTP vs properties | general | advanced | select ip address | Edit. If you are ...

cannot get into outlook!
I was able to get into Outlook and get messages for 4 days. I wasnot ablew to send. Now I cannot access any of it!! I get this: MAPI32.DLL ma be corrupted You don't mention what version of Outlook you are using and on what operating system. Not knowing this, it would be difficult to suggest deleting/renaming the MSMAPI32.DLL file found under c:\program files\common files\system\msmapi\<langid>\ and then do a repair installation of Office/Outlook via the add/remove programs applet in the control panel. Another option might be to try using the FIXMAPI command. FIXM...

Outlook forwarding trouble...
We are having trouble forwarding emails thru our exchange server. If a person composes a document and sends it to someone on the executive team, they read it and add comments and forward it to other members of the team. Some people get the whole message and others only get a blank page. The person who composes the email initially comes across in asciII and some people can see the message and others can't. They are all running at least Outlook 2000 on their computers. Should I change the person who is sending in asciII to http, plain text, or rich text or should I look for a diffe...

Outlook Client
Is there any way of adding the 'Regarding' Button to the outlook client toolbar alongside the 'Track in CRM' button. It would save considerable time if this was possible as currently you have to open the email to select the 'regarding' button. regards Aneel ...

Exchange 2003 IMF in a Simple Front End Back End Scenario
Exchange 2003 SP1 on both a BE server and a FE server. IMF has been downloaded and installed on the FE only. I have it set to not do any of the gateway archive/delete. I have it set to put Junk Email with a score of 8 or higher into the Junk folder. My email account is accessed via Outlook 2003 and via OWA (forms based). I have a Junk email folder in my OWA and the options are set to enable the Junk email filtering. My expectation is that the FE will assign the SCL number and then move it to the junk email folder, but when I go into OWA it is in my inbox. When I start up Outlook, it gets...

deploy Outlook signature templates-Outlook 2007
In our OL 2003 environment, were able to put a set of read-only email signature templates into C:\Program Files\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures and users were able to open, update to personalize and then save as their own named signature template. Have tried similar thing with OL 2007 (still on XP Pro, still in same location) and the templates are visible (I.e., show up as selections when I click the "Signature" drop-down from within a new mail message) but they won't actually insert the signature block into the message AND I can't seem to find a way t...

slooow outlook
Some time ago my outlook started taking a long time to open and close. Messages take a while to open and close as well. It hangs when moving from one window to another. Uses 100% CPU, then drops to nearly 0 when the task is done. Just in one instance it went back to work at normal speed, but the next time I opened it went back to be as sluggish as it has been and I had not done anything special; it just happened then went back to slow. I tried the repair tool, reinstalled it, tried various virus scans, deleted most messages, and anything I could think of, but to no avail. I use O...

Outlook Undeliverable Error
Undeliverable message returned with error 550 not local host. How do I fix it? Jack <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Undeliverable message returned with error 550 not local > host. How do I fix it? Make sure your are properly authenticating to your outgoing server. -- Brian Tillman ...

HOWTO: Mailto and Outlook??
Hi... I'm using Outlook XP but pretty sure I had same problem using Outlook 2000. I've coded my personal website to include a little Javascript MAILTO: routine using HTML "forms". I've spent several hours this weekend searching the web for examples and re-coding them into my website. They all SEEM to work (from the website viewpoint) but whenever I get the "... someone is trying to use Outlook..." popup the resultant message goes into my Outlook OUTBOX and NEVER gets sent! This script used to work! Do I have an Outlook "security" issue?? Or an I...

Synchronize 2 PCs and Kyocera with Outlook 2002
I have a great synchronization between by PC and Kyocera using Chapura synch tools. No I have a laptop and I'd like to sync all three together. Can I directly sync my two copies of Outlook and then continue to use my serial port cnx to sync my Kyocera to my old PC's Outlook? How do you directly sync two copies of Outlook is probably my real question! Thanks much. Seamus Hi Seamus, Have a look at www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm or at my signature for a powerful tool. -- Thomas Wetzel www.synchpst.com Synchronize and backup Outlook ...

Outlook 2000 #27
Does anyone know how to set a rule to stop or delete certain emails going to a specific person/email address? Or any other method to do this function? Thanks! Outgoing rules can't stop mail from being sent. There may be a way to do it in VBA but I'm not 100% sure. "Charles" <cm@kelsey.com> wrote in message news:0c5701c3682e$64d4d540$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to set a rule to stop or delete > certain emails going to a specific person/email address? > Or any other method to do this function? Thanks! ...

Microsoft Outlook 2003
Problem: I have just started to use a super fast PC that tries to quickly to log-into four separate email accounts via Broadband at my ISP, resulting in connect failures. If I individually log-in to each account, it is successful. Request: Can Outlook 2003 be configured to slow the process of connecting to my ISP, I thank you David. David, You can change the connection time out setting for each account by under account setting - advance. This would help if your accounts are trying to connect and have so long of trying just stops. Increasing the time allowed might help....

Outlook #264
I am having problems with downloading mail from my MSN HTTP account into outlook. Small emails download but with larger emails 240K+ i get time out errors. and these emails can not be downloaded at all. is there a way that i can get around this problem ...

Archieving mail messages with IMF
I've implemented IMF with Exchange 2003. I've set my IMF properties to block UCE's on the gateway server and to have blocked messages archieved. According tothe documentation the default folder for these archieve messages is Program Files\Exchsvr\Mailroot\vs1\UCEArchieve. I do not see this fiolder. Question 1. Is this folder created by default? Question 2. How do I view messages that get archieved to this folder or do I just see details? http://bink.nu/Article3110.bink "Allen M" <ajmiyake@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:O8J2$yhOFHA.576@TK2MSFTNGP15.ph...

Outlook Startup error message
I'm getting an error message when I startup Outlook 2003 - I had the same problem with Outlook 2002, and upgrading hasn't fixed it. I get an alert box saying; The add-in "c:\program files\mcafee\mcafee viruscan\scanmail.dll could not be installed or loaded. The problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu." I haven't had Viruscan installed for a couple of years now, and I just used a registry cleaning program to remove all traces of entries related to this program from the registry, but no luck. I've run Detect and Repair multiple ti...

Subject: Outlook 2007
I am about to give up. I do not know what to do. I have a 100 user exchange 2003 server. CPU idle most of the day, gigs of memory free, been running for years. Updated to Outlook 2007 through most of the company, and things seemed fine at first. However, the rage of my users has been growing. I really *really* dont want to go back to 2003, but our users have large mailboxes, rougthly 5 GB+. We have some that are over 10 GBs. Outlook 2003 had NO problems with this, it worked fine. Outlook 2007 is a disaster, terribly slow, just clicking between emails results in 10 second waits, typing...

IMF Exchange2003
Message deleted by intelligent message filtering, but this is a legal address. User is part off AD, SCL Level is not being showd. What's going wrong? Gr. Addy On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 23:08:01 -0800, addy <addy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Message deleted by intelligent message filtering, but this is a legal address. >User is part off AD, SCL Level is not being showd. >What's going wrong? >Gr. >Addy It doesn't matter whether the user is a valid Active Directory user. If the incoming message is regarded as spam then it's pulled. How do you know about thi...

Why don't I have a 'Send' button on my outlook express email page
I have downloaded Microsoft Office 2003. When I go into my Outlook Express email page I can write an email but I have no 'send' button showing on the page so that I can get the email sent off. Where is it....or how can I find it??? "rednil" <rednil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCFFAA00-0E21-4704-B603-DC033EA95A78@microsoft.com... > I have downloaded Microsoft Office 2003. When I go into my Outlook > Express > email page I can write an email but I have no 'send' button showing on the > page so that I can get the...

Outlook without Exchange Server
I am new to outlook. I am trying to find out if Outlook 2003 can be used with pier-to-pier sertup in a small office with leass than 5 employees. The functionality desired would be to be able to forward and recieve messages, tasks, appointments, share and view calendar etc. I was wondering if outlook can be used within a workgroup in a LAN setup without having exchange server. Thanks, Athiff In news:1ad6001c423e0$2a80b120$a601280a@phx.gbl, Athiff <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: || I am new to outlook. I am trying to find out if Outlook || 2003 can be used with pier-...

Hyperlinks in 2003 version #3
My workplace just upgraded to Microsoft Office 2003. Can you insert a hyperlink to a pdf file, or does it just work for office files. I linked to a pdf file and it opens adobe for a split second then closes. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? Thanks, Mike -- Cbravo212 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Cbravo212's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25615 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=390311 Try downloading some updates from Adobe's web site. I use 7.0 and experie...

tasks in outlook today
how do you get tasks that are checked of as complete, not to appear on the outlook today screen. I have tried everything with no luck i'm using outlook 2002 please help Mike .. ...

Customize Outlook Today #11
On the outlook today page, when I click on Customize Outlook today it will not open the customize page. The following MSKB article provides the fix for this issue. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Tom" <tombasenji@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:007801c35926$...

in Outlook 2007 how do I change the emails default margins?
for emails were using Memo Style The default margins are 1.30cm However when users print and holepunch, theres not enough room and it hole punches over the text. I know how to change manually, through the menu File, select PageSetup, select Memo Style. The Page Setup:Memo Style dialog displays. select tab Paper and enter Margins Top, Bottom, Left, Right 2.54cm, click OK. Its been mentioned the settings are stored in the file C:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\OutlPrnt The issue is we have roaming profiles. If a users pr...

Outlook Contacts
We installed the SFO client on one of our user's laptops and synched, using the default options. This caused all of this person's CRM contacts to be copied over to his Outlook contacts. So, in addition to the contacts this person entered, and wanted in there, we have (not one, but strangely enough) two copies of most contacts. A few questions before attempting to fix this: 1) If we delete contacts out of the outlook contacts folder, will it delete those contacts out of CRM as well? 2) Does anybody know if we can take a backup of this user's .PST file, and delete all the...