IMAP

Hi,

I would like to enable IMAP to my Exch2003 server, but the
service is not there.

How do I install IMAP4 ?

Thnaks.

Matt
0
anonymous (74722)

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 15:50:51 -0800, matt wrote:

> I would like to enable IMAP to my Exch2003 server, but the
> service is not there.
>
> How do I install IMAP4 ?

Well IMAP4 is there, the service is just disabled per default. You will
need to enable and start in under Services. (Microsoft Exchange IMAP).

Regards
--
Henrik Walther
http://exchange-faq.dk

IMAP
Hi, I would like to enable IMAP to my Exch2003 server, but the service is not there. How do I install IMAP4 ? Thnaks. Matt On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 15:50:51 -0800, matt wrote: > I would like to enable IMAP to my Exch2003 server, but the > service is not there. > > How do I install IMAP4 ? Well IMAP4 is there, the service is just disabled per default. You will need to enable and start in under Services. (Microsoft Exchange IMAP). Regards -- Henrik Walther http://exchange-faq.dk ...

strange imap connection problems
My imap connections seem to be flaky (only imap, pop3 is fine) the first time i load outlook and send/recieve it works fine. then every time after that my machine fails on the dns lookup of the mail server. (even nslookup in console fails) any ideas whats causing this? cheers, -ciaron ...

imap
Hello All, I have win2k SBS server providing email for about 20 users. Their internet connection, to the office where the exchange server lives, is 512k guaranteed up and down I believe. The clients that have desktops are set up as exchnage clients via Outlook 2k and XP. The laptop users are set up as imap clients via outlook because they will be using a dial up connection most of the time on the road or away from the office. My problem starts when an imap client's mail box gets over 100mb and then they start to get time out issues even if they have a high speed connection at the time...

Setting Gmail IMAP
I previously used Gmail as POP but I have just changed it to IMAP so that I can keep my PC (WLM), my iPhone and my webmail all in sync. Now I need some advice. 1. In addition to my inbox,sent etc folders I also have a folder called All Mail that indeed contains all messages I have ever sent or received. It is therefore very big. How can I stop that folder showing up in WLM? 2. When I delete items in WLM the are not going to the Bin (deleted folder) They just vanish. The deleted folder is a useful facility as at times I may accidently click to delete the wrong message. How c...

IMAP #3
Exchange 2003 SP1 Front-end : OWA server with SSL Need some mobile users to connect to IMAP server with SSL Can this server (FE OWA Server) proxy SSL IMAP request to the backend server ? If yes can I use the same SSL that’s for OWA or I need to get another? Is there any documents talking FE-BE IMAP or Exchange IMAP ? Thanks.. -- Nawar Aljanabi MCSE NT/2000/2003,MCSA 2003 +M,CCNA Yes, that will work. Just make sure you are pointing your IMAP clients at the OWA public certificate name, otherwise you'll get an error. If I remember correctly Exchange will set this up correctly on...

Problem with columns and imap
I'm having problems with the with windows live mail and the columns on my imap email account. If I change columns in the inbox the columns in the sent mail box changes to the also. How can I set the columns in each folder independently? I have no problems doing with with my pop account. Thanks in advance for any help. ...

IMAP to Ex2k3 Migration command line
Morning, All. I'm looking for information on doing a migration from an IMAP server to Exchange 2003. I have found information in the deployment guide, and setup the CSV files (which work from the GUI) and control files. However, every time I run the process, the grey window with the progress bar appears, and then dissappears almost immidiately. The last message I see is "connecting to MAPI" - then, it's gone - no errors in the event logs, just a "Migration starts, Migraton Stops". I have used the command line version of the migration tool before to do an Exchang...

Deleting IMAP messages from a deleted IMAP account
It's wee bit strange: I configured an IMAP account and later deleted it. Now I see a a few IMAP messages (with headers alone) in "My Outlook" Inbox (NOT IMAP Inbox, as I don't have that anymore) that I want to purge. But everytime I attempt purging MS Outlook asks me to download the message, which I cannot as I don't have the IMAP account anymore. I tried adding the IMAP account but this time the IMAP messages are downloaded in the designated IMAP Inbox. Any thoughts will make my day! Naren ...

Adding a Gmail IMAP tag/folder to Entourage
I created a new Gmail tag called travel. In Mail it immediately appears as an IMAP folder. How do I do this in Entourage. I refreshed the message lists etc. On 5/15/10 3:46 PM, in article 9dd4e304-c593-4248-866a-b79e0324ea27@q8g2000vbm.googlegroups.com, "Kerry" <kerry@fastmail.net> wrote: > I created a new Gmail tag called travel. In Mail it immediately > appears as an IMAP folder. How do I do this in Entourage. I refreshed > the message lists etc. Click on the account in the folder list. Select "Receive complete folder list". -- Diane Ros...

PersonalFolders to use IMAP
I'm setting up Outlook 2003 and moving from Outlook 2002. When I started Outlook03 it asked me to set up my email account, which is an IMAP account. It created the Personal Folders, but then a seperate top level folder for my IMAP account. Is there anyway to get the IMAP account folders to be in the Personal Folders tree? When I try to go into Tools, Email Account, View or Change..., Deliver Mail to ..., the IMAP folder structure is not listed as an option, on the Personal Folders. I had this setup working in OutlookXP on my older machine, but can't seem to figure out how to do it...

IMAP mail servers
I was wondering whether or not there was a way for me to directly send a file, after I press delete, to a folder. Basically what happens right now, is that I get a strikethrough through the file name, but that doesn't appear very organized. Instead, what I want is to send all the files that I've deleted to the deleted folder I've created whenever I press delete. This is on IMAP, is there a way to do it? Thanks, C In message <<043301c39b99$73add6e0$a501280a@phx.gbl>> "CJ" <kabawaba@hotmail.com> did ramble: >I was wondering whether or not ther...

Apple Mail Mac OSX 10.4 Tiger and Exchange 2007 IMAP
Hi, Is there a known compatibility issue with IMAP server running on Exchange 2007 and Apple Mail client running on Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger? We were using Exchange 2003 IMAP Server earlier to access email on all Apple Mail clients, however after upgrading to Exchange 2007 IMAP Server, the Apple Mail client takes a hell lot of time updating messages from the server to the extent that it becomes unusable. If I install Entourage 2004 on the same Mac computer, then it works pretty well with Exchange 2007 IMAP. However, there is an issue only with Apple Mail and Exchange 2007 IMAP. Has anyone else ...

Export GAL to a "csv" file for Internet POP3/IMAP users
Hi all, Can someone suggest me how to export our AD Global Address List to a csv file so that our Internet users connecting to our corporate email server via POP3/IMAP can download the Address List (say from the Webserver Location) and use it. Regards, Sudeep The utility you are looking for is csvde.exe. http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/enterprise/proddocs/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/enterprise/proddocs/en-us/csvde.asp or, if you prefer: http://snipurl.com/7kmr William Sudeep Batra wrote: > Hi all, > &g...

Outlook 2003 Imap Duplicate emails in the Imap inbox
I'm having this problem where I get duplicate emails in my Outlook imap inbox. If I exit out of Outlook 2003 and go back in, the emails in my inbox show up as one email. But when the next email comes in to my inbox there are duplicates. If I exit out of Outlook 2003 and re-launch Outlook and go back in the previous email that showed up as a duplicate now shows up as one email message. I just can't figure out why. I know when it shows up as a duplicate email it indeed is one email message. I can open up either email message in the inbox and the content is the same. Again if I...

Imap #4
I am using Outlook, but, I don't know what is the use of IMAP -- rabonall ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rabonalla's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=590 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=131620 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i rabonalla, you wrote on Thu, 11 Jan 2007 05:36:50 +0530: > I am using Outlook, but, I don't know what is the use of IMAP. IMAP is an email protocoll. For a description of the IMAP protocol search the web with www.google.com -- Best Regards Christian Goell...

Outlook 2007 + IMAP = no backup ?
I was using outlook 2007 with an imap account for months when one day the imap mail gets wiped out on the server. When connecting with outlook 2007 it sees this and flushes the data file and now I have no email. I should note that I had set it up to download ALL the email and not just the headers so I would have a local backup. that's how offline copies work. if you want it as backup you need to save a copy of the pst or move saved mail to a new pst. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips....

IMAP folders not showing, strange IMAP issues
We have a web server via a hosting provider that also handles emails using SmarterMail 2.6. People typically access their individual account by using a browser page (Internet Explorer) to log into SmarteMail. At work I used Outlook 2002 to set up several IMAP email accounts (one per user) so that I could archive some of the really old emails. It works pretty well, but I noticed a couple very strange and worrisome issues: 1) On one user's account, I noticed that folders for that account listed in Outlook weren't all there. They showed up fine in the Webmail window (accessing...

imap or imap-ssl to front end
Tony Feb 10, 3:24 pm show options Newsgroups: microsoft.public.exchange2000.connectivity From: "Tony" <t...@suse.stanford.edu> - Find messages by this author Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 14:24:08 -0800 Local: Thurs, Feb 10 2005 3:24 pm Subject: unablke to connect using imap or pop to exchange 2000 Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse I am unable to connect to imap or pop (both with ssl) I keep getting the authentication box pop up and th...

outlook 2007 Imap folder not downloading messages
I have 13 folders in my imap account. One folder stopped downloading messages. It shows 6 unread messages on the folder name, but there are no unread messages to be seen. Sometime last week, it just stopped downloading messages for this folder. I ran Scanpst across the pst file, but no problems were found. I tried resetting the views, but still no unread messages. This happened before and I had to redownload all messages - but I have 1 gig of email in my entire mailbox, I can't keep re-downloading email every 3 weeks. I think part of the problem is that I have a very slow internet c...

IMAP
When I send replys to emails sent to me the reply I send goes into my inbox rather than my sent items. I have tried to set rules to change that does not work. Does anyone have a solution? 1.Check the setting at Account settings-that Imap account>advanced- store sent messages in folder... 2. Are the newly created emails are placed into right folder or also to inbox (I ask because you mentioned only replies) On 10.5.2006 16:28, in article 61A4D865-C397-4E88-B878-03E4678AFD38@microsoft.com, "JQuestion" <JQuestion@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I send replys...

IMAP and Sent objects
Hello everybody, how does this work: I want to have my sent mails from my IMAP accounts delivered to my "Sent" folder under my IMAP account and not into my "Personal folder". Does anybody know how to solve this ? Thank you in forward Yours sincerely, Sebastian swiegand <Wiegand_Sebastian@web.de> wrote: > I want to have my sent mails from my IMAP accounts delivered to my > "Sent" folder under my IMAP account and not into my "Personal folder". Asked and answered in this group many times. 15 seconds at Google Groups would have fou...

Enabling IMAP cluster
I need to allow my Exchange 2003SP1 mailbox servers run IMAP. I need that in order to work with MailEssentials Public Folder features. When I try to enable IMAP in my active Cluster Node, it says that I need to create a resource for IMAP. Can you point me to documentation on how to create such cluster resource ? Use Cluster Administrator and just go to Exchange virtual server you want to support IMAP clients and select new resource and find IMAP in the list. However, you may need to enable the Exchange IMAP service first. With E2k3 IMAP and POP ares disabled by default (go to services...

OL2003 with imap account stops responding
Hello All The OL2003 imap client (Also OL2000) seems to have a problem. When I use it (3 different machines installed separately (XP with win update, one home and two pro) at different times all up to date and on different connections... and also in safe mode and without the recycle switch... also towards different imap servers...) outlook seems to freeze for a looong time (See log in a moment). It also seems to block Explorer (not IE) or at least make it very unresponsive. For the log: IMAP: 07:57:10 [tx] 6goo STATUS "Sent Items" (UNSEEN) IMAP: 07:57:11 [db] OnNotify: asOld...

IMAPS?
Hello, I have to enable IMAP on my Exchange box for a variety of reasons and have a quesiton: is all IMAP traffic sent in the clear? Especially here I'm referring to credentials. If so, is it simply a matter of putting an SSL cert on the IMAP protocol to enable some sort of encryption or is it more detailed? I have a cert I use for OWA, could that be used to secure IMAP? If not, how can it be done? Or does it need to be done? Thanks for any reply! By default, IMAP communication is sent "in the clear" over port 143. If you are using Integrated Windows Authenticat...