IMAP Strange Problem

im using Exchange 2k3 sp2 on windows 2k3 sp1 my users on outlook express
using IMAP Account they delete email from outlook express but no emails will
delete from exchange mail box why this happen i dont know any ideas ???
either every thing is ok and working fine

regards
Syed Ali
0
SyedAli (19)

Syed Ali <SyedAli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> im using Exchange 2k3 sp2 on windows 2k3 sp1 my users on outlook
> express using IMAP Account they delete email from outlook express but
> no emails will delete from exchange mail box why this happen i dont
> know any ideas ??? either every thing is ok and working fine
>
> regards
> Syed Ali

They need to run a purge in their IMAP client in order to actually delete
anything (the to-be-deleted items show up with a line through them). This is
in the Edit menu, I believe.

Note that questions such as this are better posted in
microsoft.public.exchange.clients - or, since you're using OE, an Outlook
Express group. Also see www.insideoe.com .

0
lanwench (7567)
4/28/2007 1:05:27 PM
Selecting 'delete' won't delete the mail, you have to select 'purge'.

This is pretty useful as it allows you to 'undelete' items if needed (aslong
as you haven't ran the 'purge' yet).

Oliver

"Syed Ali" <SyedAli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> im using Exchange 2k3 sp2 on windows 2k3 sp1 my users on outlook express
> using IMAP Account they delete email from outlook express but no emails
> will
> delete from exchange mail box why this happen i dont know any ideas ???
> either every thing is ok and working fine
>
> regards
> Syed Ali

0
o.moazzeziNO (822)
4/28/2007 1:36:49 PM
"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
<lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote:

					[ snip ]

>They need to run a purge in their IMAP client in order to actually delete
>anything (the to-be-deleted items show up with a line through them). This is
>in the Edit menu, I believe.

Or that big ol' icon on the toolbar! :-P

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
Rich Matheisen [MVP] <richnews@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote:
> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote:
>
> [ snip ]
>
>> They need to run a purge in their IMAP client in order to actually
>> delete anything (the to-be-deleted items show up with a line through
>> them). This is in the Edit menu, I believe.
>
> Or that big ol' icon on the toolbar! :-P

Feh. I don't need no steenking icon. Then again, I don't really use IMAP.
;)

0
lanwench (7567)
4/28/2007 3:05:24 PM
"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
<lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote:

>Rich Matheisen [MVP] <richnews@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote:
>> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
>> <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> [ snip ]
>>
>>> They need to run a purge in their IMAP client in order to actually
>>> delete anything (the to-be-deleted items show up with a line through
>>> them). This is in the Edit menu, I believe.
>>
>> Or that big ol' icon on the toolbar! :-P
>
>Feh. I don't need no steenking icon. Then again, I don't really use IMAP.
>;)

I'll bet you don't spend a lot of time looking at message headers and
raw message bodies, either. :-)  Try /that/ with Outlook!

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
Rich Matheisen [MVP] <richnews@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote:
> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Rich Matheisen [MVP] <richnews@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote:
>>> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
>>> <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> [ snip ]

>>> Or that big ol' icon on the toolbar! :-P
>>
>> Feh. I don't need no steenking icon. Then again, I don't really use
>> IMAP. ;)
>
> I'll bet you don't spend a lot of time looking at message headers and
> raw message bodies, either. :-)  Try /that/ with Outlook!

I guess I haven't.  :)

0
lanwench (7567)

problems with formulas
I am trying to create a formula to count the number of people in a table between a set of age values (3 to 14) i have data in 3 columns for forename, suname, age, but over 2500 entries to extract the data from.. Please can you help Mike try something like =sumproduct((agerange>=3)*(agerange<=14)) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Mike Lowe" <Mike Lowe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B23A76B8-2928-406D-996C-10F6DC436D6B@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a formula to count the number of people in a table > betw...

strange imap connection problems
My imap connections seem to be flaky (only imap, pop3 is fine) the first time i load outlook and send/recieve it works fine. then every time after that my machine fails on the dns lookup of the mail server. (even nslookup in console fails) any ideas whats causing this? cheers, -ciaron ...

IMAP
Hi, I would like to enable IMAP to my Exch2003 server, but the service is not there. How do I install IMAP4 ? Thnaks. Matt On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 15:50:51 -0800, matt wrote: > I would like to enable IMAP to my Exch2003 server, but the > service is not there. > > How do I install IMAP4 ? Well IMAP4 is there, the service is just disabled per default. You will need to enable and start in under Services. (Microsoft Exchange IMAP). Regards -- Henrik Walther http://exchange-faq.dk ...

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Problems with CComboBox
Hi all! I'm trying to use CComboBox, but I have some problems. I've inserted a tring like this "First;second" in the "Data" field of the Combo Box in the Dialog Editor. Launching the Test, the dialog seems to work, but launching the program, I have nothing inside the combo box. Just appear a black line when I press the arrow, instead of the list "First;second" that appears in the Test. Any help is welcome :-) Bye! Alex This is a common problem. In resource editor, select the combo box and click the drop-down arrow on the combo box. You will now s...

Money Plus Sign In Problems
I just loaded Money Plus Deluxe onto mu XP Home. Everything loaded fine until I'm asked to sign in with my Windows Live emaila dn password. It keeps giving me an error message that my "email address or password is incorreCT. I even got on the internet and signed in to my hotmail account and everything is fine. I've been trying to figure this out for hours. I really want to use this program but I can't even sing in to get started. please help! kat1881 Just going by the misspellings in your post, double check the spelling of your username and password. Check CapLock...

Mircosoft Web Outlook having problems reading my mail
I am having trouble accessing my e-mail through Mirco-Soft Exchange Web Outlook ...

After almost 3 years problem w/ money2005
Please help. I have used Money Small Business 2005 for about 3 years. I download my financial information manually from my bank sucessfully until this week. I opened Money and in the reminders section of the home page it says I have 2 statements to read. I clicked on that and it shows 35 transactions in one checking account and 26 in the other. When I click on either account my register shows up minus the newly downloaded transactions. Has any one else had this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it? Thank you, -- karensuniquedesigns ...

Outlook behaving strangely
I have a couple of add ins, the backup utility and paypal winning buyer notification but the Paypal add in has disappeared from the toolbar even though it is checked in the add in box. Also I have 'delete deleted on exit checked but it doesn't do it, what is happening? ...

mouse scroll wheel problem
Hello everyone. I had the problem of the mouse scrolling through records on a form when using the wheel and corrected it by using Stephen Lebans solution, except for one computer which still has the problem. It's running Windows XP, as are all the other computers running this database. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, how did they solve it? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you ...

Setting Gmail IMAP
I previously used Gmail as POP but I have just changed it to IMAP so that I can keep my PC (WLM), my iPhone and my webmail all in sync. Now I need some advice. 1. In addition to my inbox,sent etc folders I also have a folder called All Mail that indeed contains all messages I have ever sent or received. It is therefore very big. How can I stop that folder showing up in WLM? 2. When I delete items in WLM the are not going to the Bin (deleted folder) They just vanish. The deleted folder is a useful facility as at times I may accidently click to delete the wrong message. How c...

Problem with Paste and Automatically repeating values
I have a large file with a small macro -uses crtl+l to run. In two of the worksheets I cannot drag and paste series of dates (or numbers) based upon the previous data. I checked the Advanced options and they are all checked properly. The option works fine on all of the other worksheets (25). I would appreciate any advice. Thank you "cannot" means what? Error message? Nothing? Can you select cells on those two sheets? What has the macro got to do with it? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 5 May 2010 07:37:01 -0700, Hugh O'Brien <Hugh O'B...

imap
Hello All, I have win2k SBS server providing email for about 20 users. Their internet connection, to the office where the exchange server lives, is 512k guaranteed up and down I believe. The clients that have desktops are set up as exchnage clients via Outlook 2k and XP. The laptop users are set up as imap clients via outlook because they will be using a dial up connection most of the time on the road or away from the office. My problem starts when an imap client's mail box gets over 100mb and then they start to get time out issues even if they have a high speed connection at the time...

problem: formula appears as text
Hello...I'm stumped.... I am entering a simple formula: =RIGHT(A2,2) in a cell. The sheet has data on it but not a whole lot going on. I have tried formatting the cell itself, the column, and the entire sheet a number of ways...however, the formula appears in the cell as =RIGHT(A2,2)...as if were a text entry...it won't actually just turn into a formula and do it's thing. Thanks in advance for response.... -- couriced ------------------------------------------------------------------------ couriced's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=...

Pivot Table Problem #7
hi, I want to un select some of the items in the child items of a dimension in pivot Table. So for this I have written a query. But unselecting part, visible property is not working. Tried to update "pi.Visible" = False when even year = 2003 . But it is not updating. Seems like visible property of pivot items is read only. Always the value is true. When i checked microsoft site, its written visible type is read/write boolean. where I am going wrong ? Or Visible property of Pivot items will not work for OLAP data source (my data source is poiting to analysis Manager) ?? ...

IMAP #3
Exchange 2003 SP1 Front-end : OWA server with SSL Need some mobile users to connect to IMAP server with SSL Can this server (FE OWA Server) proxy SSL IMAP request to the backend server ? If yes can I use the same SSL that’s for OWA or I need to get another? Is there any documents talking FE-BE IMAP or Exchange IMAP ? Thanks.. -- Nawar Aljanabi MCSE NT/2000/2003,MCSA 2003 +M,CCNA Yes, that will work. Just make sure you are pointing your IMAP clients at the OWA public certificate name, otherwise you'll get an error. If I remember correctly Exchange will set this up correctly on...

Exchange 5.5 database problem
Hi, Situation ---------- Exchange 5.5, corrupt database (pub.edb,priv.edb), information store service unable to start. Disk space free 0,0. Goal: ------ Move the pub.edb & priv.edb to a) other drive b) other server c) restart exchange 5.5 Maybe someone has another idea what we could do ... If you need more informationi about my situation pls ask more details i'll be happy to provide them Guillaume Coign� Belgium If you are trying to move your databases to another drive with more disk space, simply run Exchange Performance Optimizer. Hope this helps -- Melissa Travers...

SO fulfillment problem
Client fulfilled and invoiced an item on a sales order. Items are lot controlled. Pricing was incorrect so they did a return on that item on the order, return applied to original invoice. Trying to re-invoice with correct price. Correct quantity is allocated to order but when trying to fulfill, cannot select the quantity in the lot selection window even though it appears as available in the scrolling portion of the window. It does not, however, appear as available in the 'Qty Available' field directly below the 'Qty Selected' field. If I manually type the lot number, bin ...

VBA Recordset problem
Hi all! When I run the code below, I get and error. The error I ‘m stuck on is “Update or Cancel without AddNew or Edit” at the point noted in the code below. What’s wrong? (I assume it's probably just syntax, but I'm not very experienced) The main plan here is to: 1)take a record from a query (qryLabelsPicture), 2)break the record down into multiple records and store the new records in tblToteLabelsBreakdown (note that BinQty is the only field changed), 3)and move to the next record in the query and repeat the process. Clear enough? CODE START DoCmd.SetWarnings False ...

having many strange problems with Outlook 2002
I have recently 'upgraded' to Outlook 2002 from Outlook 2000 because it was suggested in my PDA setup. But I'm having many strange problems. Though it is supposed to be by default, Word is not my email editor and in the Options menu, it is grayed out so I cannot even select it. I cannot used 'nicknames' to address my emails. There is a new "File As" entry which is what it bases its searches for names on. But there is no option to search by nicknames. I have found little help in online databases for Outlook 2002. Was this 'upgrade' ill-advise...

multithreading problem
Hi, I have a Dialog based application, and in my CPingPongDld class a I've got a pointer: CSimpleEngine *SimpleEngine; and static method: static UINT ThreadFunc (LPVOID pParam); I create CSimpleEngine object in OnInitDialog() SimpleEngine = new CSimpleEngine(rect,this); and after it I call: AfxBeginThread(ThreadFunc, this); I would like to call one of CSimpleEngine methods in ThreadFunc so the function looks like this: UINT CPingPongDlg::ThreadFunc(LPVOID pParam) { CPingPongDlg *This = (CPingPongDlg*)pParam; This->SimpleEngine->EnterMessageLoop(); ret...

Publisher 2007 printing problems
I have just installed Office 2007 which included Pulisher 2007 and is used for a newsletter of 24 pages. I cannot print the booklet unless I go to each pair of pages individually. It prints about a page and a half then the printer shuts down. I seem to be able to print from other programmes and I could print from Publisher 2002 with no problems on the same printer [F2180 all in one.] Any ideas please? Have you used the Printer Setup Wizard in the Advanced Printer Setup? There is a two-sided printing wizard available. It maybe your answer. Meanwhile you can try this: Type 1,22,5,18,9,1...

problem with incoming mail office outlook 2003
I'm having a problem receiving mail in my office outlook... I can send mail fine from it, but I can't receive any mail into it. My outlook express sends and receives fine with the same settings. What could cause this? tia, D Do you get any error messages when receiving? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "d" <dbig@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Xns92043B48792D5dbighotmailcom@216.196.97.131... > I'm having a problem receiving mail in my office outlook... I can sen...

Problem with switchboard
Access 2007 Having Problems with switch board Line (Set.con = Application.CurrentProject).Connection halts the program and says the item is already initialized ' Open the table of Switchboard Items, and find ' the first item for this Switchboard Page. Set con = Application.CurrentProject.Connection stSql = "SELECT * FROM [Switchboard Items]" stSql = stSql & " WHERE [ItemNumber] > 0 AND [SwitchboardID]=" & Me! [SwitchboardID] stSql = stSql & " ORDER BY [ItemNumber];" Set rs = CreateObject("...