IMAP Dies With Concurrent Connections [E2K3]

I have an Exchange 2003 server that's been running fine for the past
nine months or so, and I decided to turn on IMAP/S and set up a new
SMTP/S virtual server.

It seems to work fine until there's more than one connection to the
same mailbox. For example, if I leave my mail client open at home, I
won't be able to retrieve my mail when I open it at work.

Restarting IMAP4svc resolves the issue temporarily, but I have a couple
of group mailboxes where multiple people would access the same
account... so I can't spend my day restarting IMAP ;)

Has anyone encountered this? Is there some setting that I've missed to
allow multiple connections to the same inbox via IMAP?

0
Kevin

strange imap connection problems
My imap connections seem to be flaky (only imap, pop3 is fine) the first time i load outlook and send/recieve it works fine. then every time after that my machine fails on the dns lookup of the mail server. (even nslookup in console fails) any ideas whats causing this? cheers, -ciaron ...

IMAP
Hi, I would like to enable IMAP to my Exch2003 server, but the service is not there. How do I install IMAP4 ? Thnaks. Matt On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 15:50:51 -0800, matt wrote: > I would like to enable IMAP to my Exch2003 server, but the > service is not there. > > How do I install IMAP4 ? Well IMAP4 is there, the service is just disabled per default. You will need to enable and start in under Services. (Microsoft Exchange IMAP). Regards -- Henrik Walther http://exchange-faq.dk ...

imap
Hello All, I have win2k SBS server providing email for about 20 users. Their internet connection, to the office where the exchange server lives, is 512k guaranteed up and down I believe. The clients that have desktops are set up as exchnage clients via Outlook 2k and XP. The laptop users are set up as imap clients via outlook because they will be using a dial up connection most of the time on the road or away from the office. My problem starts when an imap client's mail box gets over 100mb and then they start to get time out issues even if they have a high speed connection at the time...

How to prevent concurrent tasks
I'm working on a house remodel and we're going to need asbestos abatement. When this task occurs no other tasks can be concurrent for obvious reasons. How can I get Project to not schedule tasks concurent with the asbestos abatement task? All tasks should be linked (no dates entered). By linking Tasks to the asbestos cleanup finish then you get what you want. -- Rod Gill Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com "Tunamonster" <Tunamonster@discussions....

Issues Connecting to SQLServer
I=92m trying to use a DSN-less connection to a SQLSERVER DB and am experiencing problems. I can connect to all the tables I need and most of the views. However, one view is giving me problems. The view in question is a summary for use on a report =96 basically totaling up hours and dollars from a bunch of detail records =96 in an attempt to reduce the amount of data sent over the network. For some unknown reason, I can=92t set an index on the view, so whenever I try to link to it programmatically I get the =93Select Unique Record Identifier=94 dialog box. I don=92t want the end u...

Setting Gmail IMAP
I previously used Gmail as POP but I have just changed it to IMAP so that I can keep my PC (WLM), my iPhone and my webmail all in sync. Now I need some advice. 1. In addition to my inbox,sent etc folders I also have a folder called All Mail that indeed contains all messages I have ever sent or received. It is therefore very big. How can I stop that folder showing up in WLM? 2. When I delete items in WLM the are not going to the Bin (deleted folder) They just vanish. The deleted folder is a useful facility as at times I may accidently click to delete the wrong message. How c...

Pass-Through Query / Multiple ODBC Connections
When creating a Pass-Through Query, is there a way to create two or more “ODBC Connect Str”s in the Property Sheet? ODBC;DSN=DMH_Hub;Description=DMH_Hub on MZPRODEDWADHOC;UID=mzbrosb;DATABASE=DMH_Hub;Trusted_Connection=Yes ODBC;DSN=DW1;Description=DW1 on MZPRODDW;UID=mzbrosb;Trusted_Connection=Yes Or better yet, is there a way to specify the connection of the query to automatically be whatever connection the linked tables are using? -- Tyro from Missouri Pass-through queries run on the server, not in Access, therefore unless the DBMS you're using on that server suppo...

E2K3: System Manager Public Folder Admin authentication dialogues
I am in the process of moving from an Exchange 2000 server to 2003. The 2003 server is up and running and part of my clients are on the new box. I used the PFMigrate tool to add replicas of the eixsting E2K public folders to the E2K3 server and it's working great. However, when I go to adminster the public folders (for replication settings, etc) in System Manager on the E2K3 server, it prompts me for authentication on each and every subfolder :-( My authentication is valid and works - but it always prompts me for it. If I Choose "Connect to:" and select the E2K server ins...

No more BadMail after applying E2K3 SP1?
After applying Exchange 2003 SP1 to one of our gateway servers, I observe 24 hours later that there are no messages in BadMail. Not usually something I'd complain about, but it is unusual. Prior to applying the service pack, I cleaned up this directory. There were almost half million entries there, testimony to the fact that we ordinarily get a thousand BadMail entries a day typically. The directory was so large that I had to use command line del *.* to accomplish the task. The directory itself appears to be fine and I can create files there without problem. The server is routing message...

IMAP #3
Exchange 2003 SP1 Front-end : OWA server with SSL Need some mobile users to connect to IMAP server with SSL Can this server (FE OWA Server) proxy SSL IMAP request to the backend server ? If yes can I use the same SSL that’s for OWA or I need to get another? Is there any documents talking FE-BE IMAP or Exchange IMAP ? Thanks.. -- Nawar Aljanabi MCSE NT/2000/2003,MCSA 2003 +M,CCNA Yes, that will work. Just make sure you are pointing your IMAP clients at the OWA public certificate name, otherwise you'll get an error. If I remember correctly Exchange will set this up correctly on...

Money 2007 won't recognize internet connection.
Help...I have been trying to use Microsoft 2007 w/o using Internet Explorer because it doesn't work and I use Firefox. I try and type in my email address and password, then it keeps telling me to sign in online. Is there anything that I can do? Please Help. Since Money uses many of the same methods to connect to the Internet, it seems reasonable that the first problem to troubleshoot is why IE "doesn't work". "DWill" <DWill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63FA118D-107C-4472-9986-CD0D047F57F3@microsoft.com... > Help...I have been ...

Cannot connect to Exchange Server
Dear MVP, I have problem in my office, there are 2 PC's under windows 98 and using office 2000. When I open Microsoft outlook, there is an error : "Cannot connect to exchange server". Is it problem using Microsoft Outlook 2000 in windows 98. Please your help Regards Can you ping the server and resolve the server by name? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Darlie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ddd60...

Problem with columns and imap
I'm having problems with the with windows live mail and the columns on my imap email account. If I change columns in the inbox the columns in the sent mail box changes to the also. How can I set the columns in each folder independently? I have no problems doing with with my pop account. Thanks in advance for any help. ...

Closing a connection from a HttpHandler
I would like to know if there is a way for a HttpHandler to close a connection to a client. Specifically to be able to close the connection after issuing a Write to the client response. I will examplify below. Here is a simple handler that does nothing of interest, just sending 100 chunks of 64kB data, it is by no means "production code" just an example. /// <summary> /// Process the incomming requets (relay to the stream dispatcher. /// </summary> public void ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) { // Check argu...

IMAP to Ex2k3 Migration command line
Morning, All. I'm looking for information on doing a migration from an IMAP server to Exchange 2003. I have found information in the deployment guide, and setup the CSV files (which work from the GUI) and control files. However, every time I run the process, the grey window with the progress bar appears, and then dissappears almost immidiately. The last message I see is "connecting to MAPI" - then, it's gone - no errors in the event logs, just a "Migration starts, Migraton Stops". I have used the command line version of the migration tool before to do an Exchang...

Outlook 2003 prompts for logon credentials when connected over a Cisco VPN
I'm having an issue with Outlook 2003 running on WinXP Pro SP2 in an Exchange Server 2003 enviroment. Two people with laptops have the same issue. When they connect using Cisco VPN client (ver 4.8.01.0300) from home, Outlook prompts for username and password. Entering the correct info does not help -the prompt just comes back even after multiple attempts. The VPN client has no problem connecting and staying connected as they can access other network resources. This problem just began occuring a few days ago. Outlook is not set to prompt for a password. When they are connected to our ...

Error message "The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.xxxx.com', Server: 'mail.xxxx.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E"
When I setup the mail account, the account can send and receive email. BUT, when I setup the email account in home it cant send email, but it can receive email and show the following error message: "The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.xxxx.com', Server: 'mail.xxxx.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E" What can I do? Brian Brian, It sounds like you have a firewall blocking port 25.try to telnet to a mail server out on the internet and see what happens. If your firewall is blocking ...

Deleting IMAP messages from a deleted IMAP account
It's wee bit strange: I configured an IMAP account and later deleted it. Now I see a a few IMAP messages (with headers alone) in "My Outlook" Inbox (NOT IMAP Inbox, as I don't have that anymore) that I want to purge. But everytime I attempt purging MS Outlook asks me to download the message, which I cannot as I don't have the IMAP account anymore. I tried adding the IMAP account but this time the IMAP messages are downloaded in the designated IMAP Inbox. Any thoughts will make my day! Naren ...

PersonalFolders to use IMAP
I'm setting up Outlook 2003 and moving from Outlook 2002. When I started Outlook03 it asked me to set up my email account, which is an IMAP account. It created the Personal Folders, but then a seperate top level folder for my IMAP account. Is there anyway to get the IMAP account folders to be in the Personal Folders tree? When I try to go into Tools, Email Account, View or Change..., Deliver Mail to ..., the IMAP folder structure is not listed as an option, on the Personal Folders. I had this setup working in OutlookXP on my older machine, but can't seem to figure out how to do it...

E2K3 Filter
I am having a liitle bit of an issue trying to apply filtering in E2K3 under the Global Settings - Message Delivery. When I go into its property to add Sender Filter and Connection Filter, I get a message " Connection, Recipient and Sender Filter must be enabled on the specific smtp virtual server IP address assisgnements as they are not enabled by default." I followed the MS article 261087 but I keep getting this message and I am not sure if the filtering is working or not. It is normal that you keep on getting that message even after that you enable it. The ESM just show...

How does Windows know which UMDF driver to load when a device connects?
Hi, I am just getting started with learning driver development with UMDF and everything seems fairly straightforward enough but I am still kind of puzzled on how exactly the driver gets loaded, i.e. how does the system know which UMDF driver to load when a new device hot-plugs to the system? Is it that it gets loaded for all devices but is expected to query the device to verify that it is the right one? I am looking to write a "bridge" driver for a Bluetooth HID device using UMDF and was wondering if the framework can somehow trigger the loading of the driver autom...

Adding a Gmail IMAP tag/folder to Entourage
I created a new Gmail tag called travel. In Mail it immediately appears as an IMAP folder. How do I do this in Entourage. I refreshed the message lists etc. On 5/15/10 3:46 PM, in article 9dd4e304-c593-4248-866a-b79e0324ea27@q8g2000vbm.googlegroups.com, "Kerry" <kerry@fastmail.net> wrote: > I created a new Gmail tag called travel. In Mail it immediately > appears as an IMAP folder. How do I do this in Entourage. I refreshed > the message lists etc. Click on the account in the folder list. Select "Receive complete folder list". -- Diane Ros...

If connected to subnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx then....
Hi, How can I in vbs check if a computer is connected to, say, the 192.168.100.0/24 subnet either by cable or wireless? thanks for comments on this regards jake ...

remote connect to exchange server message question
Hello all, If using Outlook 2002 on Windows XP at home, and using a dsl VPN connection to connect to your offices Exchange Server 2000; and when setting up the connection at home the very first time you accidentally uncheck the "leave messages on server" button; and then all the messages from exchange server at the office are downloded to your home machine; and then when you get to the office all your messages are gone (becaouse they are at home); how do you change this back at home, so all the messages won't be downloaded to the home machine? I have been through every set...