IIS SMTP or Exchange SMTP?

I have a situation where I need to insert a smarhost into outbound mailflow
in one city.  I am looking into linux boxen as well as windows flavors.  The
one thing this smarthost must do besides receive internal mail and route it
out, is stamp a disclaimer on it.  I see from
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=317680  that this can be done with
VBScript, but the question is, will it work with IIS SMTP alone, or does it
require Exchange SMTP to work?

Thanks,

0
tfelts1 (344)

This will work fine with a stand alone IIS installation.

0
congerda (3)

Exchange 2003 SMTP Connector Delivery restrictions
I have Exchange 2003 with all latest SP's and Patches. On the SMTP connector to External we define which AD users can send mail externaly via delivery restrictions - Accept messages from xxx. We have just noticed if a user is moved from one OU to another in the same domain the user needs to be removed and re-added to the allowed list. I have noticed when adding users it does specify the "in Folder" which does relate to the OU of the user. Is there any way to disable the system checking the folder or OU location of the users account? I think it may be more of a cache issue a...

IIS log files filling up my drive
I have a severely under utilized SBS2008R2-sp2 server. It does not support any websites. The files in the web root are the default ones. We use Exchange and store files, and rarely log in remotely. We stopped receiving emails recently and I was asked to find out why. I found the c: drive at 99% full. Exchange is on d: drive. I found 13 gigs of IIS log files and moved them to another drive to fix the problem. But, why is IIS generating so much data? Where can I find information on all the different IIS log file categories? One folder W3SVC1372222313 was a real hog with single ...

Multiple Virtual DOmains in Exchange 2003
Hi together! I have front-end/back-end Exchange. I want to deploy multiple mail domains for secure IMAP4 and POP3. For example mail.domain1.com, mail.domain2.com, etc. Must I create the virtual domains for IMAP4 and POP3 on both front-end and back-end Exchange server? Or only on one server (which server)? Do I need also to create SMTP domains for each mail domain? Best Regards Mustafa ...

Exchange Backup- is this ok?
Hi, Our company's backups require a second tape. As a result, I would like to Backup our Exchange 2K server at 8A. The backup will only take about 30 min, but I am wondering if there would be any problem with the backup or with Exchange if users are actively using Outlook during the backup. I know that Exchange can backup with a couple mailboxes being accessed, but would there be a problem if a large number of users were accessing Exchange? Thanks in advance. If this backup time is ok, it would really help. On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 10:48:15 -0800, Gumshoe17 <Gumshoe17@discussion...

SMTP Queue Back Up After 8 Hours! Anyone Able to Explain?
Hi, Is anyone able to explain this one? We’ve got an SMTP queue that works fluidly after the Exchange 2003 SP2 server is made the bridgehead. But 8-12 hours later, it backs up, and it takes any message 10 – 20 minutes to leave the queue, no matter how many messages are in there. When it backs up, the green check mark disappears and the queue’s status is in the Active or Retry state. The event log reports a Warning Message: Source: MSExchangeTransport Category: Connection Manager Event ID: 4006 Message delivery to the host '192.168.1.140' failed while delivering to the ...

IIS Reinstall
Is there a way to remove and reinstall IIS and have it automatically pick up the EXCHANGE Specific stuff for OWA and whatever other ities Exchange has in with IIS? Thanks K You can reset these directories to default permissions but you will need to reinstall Exchange if you want to reinstall IIS. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Certified Partner "Kerry" <Kerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFC2BA7F-92B0-4E8F-9E3A-E6231EAF84AF@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to remove and reinstall IIS and have it automatically pick...

Additional Domain in Exchange 5.5
this might sound like a very simple question but is there a way of setting up two seperate domains on one Exchange 5.5 box.for example companyA.com also looks after another company called companyB.co.uk. companyA needs to add the companyB domain to its exsisting exchange 5.5 server.can this be done if so how do you do it. any help would be great. cheers ! http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq_sec3.htm George D wrote: > this might sound like a very simple question but is there > a way of setting up two seperate domains on one Exchange > 5.5 box.for example companyA.com also ...

Exchange Admin can't open Other Users Folder
Help, I am the Exchange admin for a small company with one Exchange 2000 server (AD). I am trying to open users folders much like I used to with Exchange 5.5 as the System Attendant. I am currently a member of everya dmin and exchange admin group available. And if I'm not, I can make myself a member of any group if I have to. Any suggestion is appreciated. Thank you -G gaguilar@caresclinic.org What do you mean under "users folders"? By default, administrators have Deny access permission set to Full mailbox access right. Hence they cannot see users mailboxes. Regards, Boris...

smtp display question
Hi all - Using Exchange 5.5 sp4 and Outlook 2003 - in a NT 4 domain. Let's say i have a user with the primary smtp address of jack@company.com and internal display name of smith, jack - and I've added an additional smtp addresses to his account - jill@company.com. He opens up outlook and all inbox mail shows his internal display name as the "TO:". Is there anyway to show which of his differing smtp address it was originally sent to without going into the mail headers - hopefully, I'm just missing the config. Thanks much. In news:e%235dAAAkGHA.1320@TK2MSF...

Exchange Mailboxes
This is probably a very stupid question but I really need help with this issue. I have SBS 2003 and one of my users exchange mailbox is almost full. I don't use exchange for our email but for some reason I have one user that has an almost full mailbox. I'm trying to delete the mail in the mailbox but I'm not sure how to accomplish this. Any help anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thank you On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 10:37:01 -0800, dankim <dankim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >This is probably a very stupid question but I really need help with this issu...

Microsoft Outlook 2003 local rules with Exchange???
Hi! I have a little problem: I work with Outlook 2003 and an Exchange 2003 Server. On an Exchange Server exists a rule limitation. For this reason I need a plug in for Outlook to sort all my emails in special folders. Or does anyone knows how I can save my rules local and not on the Exchange Server? Regards, gicio On the Conditions step of the Wizard rules you can select it to perform the rule only on the local system. -- Roady www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... How To Manage General Informati...

Outlook SMTP error after IE8 install
I have Vista Business, Outlook 2007 and just installed IE8. Since installing IE8, I get error connecting to outgoing smtp server (comcast) to send email. I can succesfully receive mail from incoming mail server. Is there some new security/parameter etc. in IE8 internet options that is getting in my way? Thanks Make sure your outgoing port for Comcast is set to Port 587 -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "rickvseattle" <rickvseattle@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Delays in 2003 Exchange
Hello all, Last week i added blacklists to my exchange server 2003, i simply am using the IMF. I also clicked on the RUS and told it to rebuild. The only other change i made was to the IMF, and instead of archiving junk mail, i rejected it. I have removed the IMF and set it back to archive. I removed the blacklists. I have rebuilt the RUS again. Here is the problem: I cannot sent mail to a specific domain now, namely osu.edu. It goes but it can take up to two hours for the osu user to get the message. I was getting delay notifications on my outlook client, but even now that is not happenin...

Exchange 2K3 Standard Versus Enterprise
Is the Standard Edition 6Gb limit an absolute maximum for all information stores? i.e. Is the limit 16Gb per store, or all stores together? TIA Maurice 16 GB for the mailbox store, and 16 GB for the public store. The mailbox store consists of the priv1.edb and the priv1.stm, added together...public store consists of pub.edb and pub.stm, added together... "Maurice Bishop" <Office@NoSpamHerePleaseThankyou.MJBishop.com> wrote in message news:%23Sr7vN%23qEHA.2796@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is the Standard Edition 6Gb limit an absolute maximum for all information > st...

70-284: unable to run Exchange services using a service account
I'm working through the MS study kit for 70-284. I installed Exchange 2003 using a service account set up for the purpose; all OK. Initially the services run as LocalSystem so I changed them to run using the service account. However the System Attendant now does not start. I get an Event ID 1005 with text: "Unexpected error The logon attempt failed ID no: 8009030c Microsoft Exchange System Attendant occurred. " That would suggest a problem with authenticating as the service account, yet I was logged on with that account and the Exchange Management service starts up fine using ...

IIS
Hi, I have a functional .aspx page on IIS, I added a IFRAME but nothing is posted in CRM3.0 Thanck You. Hi, Please give some more details for us to comment on your issue. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "ahmed" wrote: > Hi, > I have a functional .aspx page on IIS, I added a IFRAME but nothing is > posted in CRM3.0 > Thanck You. ...

ASP.NET 1.1 Website migrated from IIS 6 to IIS 7
Hi all I don't know if this is the correct forum to pose this question. I have an ASP.NET 1.1 web application that I'm required to migrate from an IIS 6 environment (Windows Server 2003) to an IIS 7 environment (Windows Server 2008). I'm experiencing problems with the DHTML menus. In IIS 6 they display the text and the link whereas in IIS 7 it only displays the text, not the link. Is there a patch that I need to install on Windows Server 2008 to rectify this problem? What am I missing? Has anyone else experienced this problem? :confused: I am most confuzzle...

Upgrade Procedures from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003
Your insight would be greatly appreciated. I am currently testing the upgrade procedures from Windows 2000/Exchange 2000 to Windows 2003/Exchange 2003. The upgrade testing for Windows 2000 to Windows 2003 is going very well. However, I came across an unexpected message when attempting to upgrade Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003. During the upgrade, a message appeared stating the following: The component "Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Service" can not be assigned the action "upgrade" because: - Setup has detected that at least one front end server in thi...

SMTP and DNS [WILDPACKET]
I have errors and warnings over and over in my system event viewer on Exchange Server: Event ID:2013 ERROR: SMTP could not connect to any DNS server. Either none are configured or all are down. Event ID:2012 WARNING:SMTP could not connect to DNS Server IP_Address. The protocol used was 'UDP'.It may be down or inaccessable. My mail flow is fine no errors or issues. Why do I get these errors please advise? Thank you in advance. Did you define DNS servers on your SMTP Virtual Server (you shouldn't)? Is your Exchange server NIC set to point to internal DNS (it should)? ...

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 upgrade procedures?
Any good websites or documentation on upgrading from Exchange 5.5 to 2003? I am planning an upgrade for my company. We are getting all new hardware for the Exchange 2003 platform, so we should be able to set it up and copy everything over once it is ready to go. Any other tips and advice from those that have taken the plunge? http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/upgrade.mspx "Jason Gallas" <nospam@usenetserver.com> wrote in message news:6b6of09r3vd6kav36e87v75u8gj52vlrdn@4ax.com... > Any good websites or documentation on upgrading from Exchange 5....

Duplicate SMTP address on 5.5 but not 2003
I'm not sure exactly how this happened. A user called and said she can't receive outside email. The returned NDR says "The recipient name is ambiguous". Currenty, we're almost cutover completely to 2003 from 5.5. Incoming internet email is still coming through 5.5 and passing it on. In the 5.5 Exchange Administrator GAL, the user is listed twice with the same SMTP address. I'm positive this is the reason for the NDR. The user has an Active Directory account that is mailbox enabled. How do I remove the extra entry in the 5.5 GAL without deleting the AD a...

Exchange / Outlook 2003 downloadable custom forms for booking meeting rooms?
I have heard the only way to make meeting rooms to be booked for the entire day to appear as 'busy' by default instead of 'free' is by using a custom form in the Organizational Form Directory within Public Folders. I have some documentation on how to implement this, but dont really know how to tweak the variables to create a custom form myself. Is there anywhere where examples of these form types can be downloaded? Or alternatively a guide to creating a form like this, would be an excellent substitute. Thanks. In news:1172849838.909270.200510@8g2000cwh.googlegroups.com, KingC...

Requesting Data from Exchange
Using Outlook XP Pro on a W2K Pro box along with Exchange 5.5sp4. Everytime I open Outlook/mailbox, it takes a long time and a popup appears stating it is requesting data from the exchange server and I have to wait for the retrieving is complete. This only happens on one computer and I have tried several other mailboxes on the same computer with the same results. I have opened the same mailbox on another computer and it works fine so I am suspecting it is Outlook on that particular computer that is causing this. I have run Detect & Repair and still have the same results. N...

Having 2 SMTP Accounts from the same MX Record
A customer who is part of a Group wants to have its IT requirements looked after locally and not part of the group as present. They currently access the email via leased line to the SMTP Server that is hosted in the Group HQ. They want to keep the existing domain name after they break contact from the group on the new Exchange server we will be installing locally. Is there a way to have this done without modifying the MX record for the group email domain and IT admin in the group HQ will if required allow forwarding Regards Mark ok not sure what you want but here is a way. when you ...

what if /forestprep and /domainprep were not run for exchange 2003
Hello- I have just taken over as network admin and I am getting some strange error messages. Traceing them down has lead me to believe that these switches were not run were not run. The Exchange server is a Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. My question is "What if any side effects would result from running these switches with Exchange up and running?" i have not seen any information if this ha been tried in the past. Thanks, No side effects as such. Exchange Server 2003 would not install without running these. Forestprep extends the Schema for the AD Forest and creat...