I've may have posted to incorrect group

Hi all

We use exchange in a Front-end/Backend environment.  We use the front-end
for OWA access. I've given a user send as permission to a public folder and
although they can send as within outlook they cannot send as via OWA -
reply/reply all/forward buttons are all greyed out.

I've read you need a front-end server for this to work as we have one what
am I doing wrong for this not to work.

Wayne

0
wmb20031 (15)

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 16:18:53 -0000, "wmb" <wmb2003@uk2.net> wrote:

>Hi all
>
>We use exchange in a Front-end/Backend environment.  We use the front-end
>for OWA access. I've given a user send as permission to a public folder and
>although they can send as within outlook they cannot send as via OWA -
>reply/reply all/forward buttons are all greyed out.
>
>I've read you need a front-end server for this to work as we have one what
>am I doing wrong for this not to work.
>
>Wayne

Are they both Exchange 2003?

0
adavid (8731)
2/15/2006 6:54:16 PM
No,  I am using exchange 2000 in a 2000 domian

"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 16:18:53 -0000, "wmb" <wmb2003@uk2.net> wrote:
>
>>Hi all
>>
>>We use exchange in a Front-end/Backend environment.  We use the front-end
>>for OWA access. I've given a user send as permission to a public folder
>>and
>>although they can send as within outlook they cannot send as via OWA -
>>reply/reply all/forward buttons are all greyed out.
>>
>>I've read you need a front-end server for this to work as we have one what
>>am I doing wrong for this not to work.
>>
>>Wayne
>>

> Are they both Exchange 2003?

0
wmb20031 (15)

Not in Group but mail still arrives
Hi I have a very strange problem. Windows 2000 server with Exchange 2000, Sophos pure mesaging all SP's applied. We have a distribution group info@domainname.com I removed a user from this group, however they still recieve mail sent to this group. I have even deleted the group and recreated it and added all relavant user with the exception of the problem user but they still get the mail. Help!!! Is the user an alternate recipient (user properties | exchange general | delivery options | forwarding address)? Remove all members and try adding them one by one, sending a test message aft...

Test Post from MWeb Technical Support
on behalf of our client. please do not respond. regards MWeb Technical Support Test response from MWeb Technical Support via news.iafrica.com. Original post made via news.mweb.co.za. regards MWeb Technical Support "TechCo Demo MWeb" <techcodemo@mweb.co.za> wrote in message news:78CdnZxj1tePiXvenZ2dnUVZ_sGdnZ2d@is.co.za... > on behalf of our client. > please do not respond. > > regards > > MWeb Technical Support > > Test response from MWeb Technical Support via news.mweb.co.za regards MWeb Technical Support "TechCo Demo MWeb"...

Resource Availability Post Link
Good Morning! We would like the Resource Availability Report to be available to more people via our SharePoint site. When I try to post a link to the report, instead of it showing everyone I had checked, it just shows my availability. Is there a way to post a link to the report as it shows on the screen? I had 5 resources checked and would like that to be what is shown.j Thank you so much for your help! Stacey Your best bet may be to do this with Excel Services - if you have MOSS. Perhaps just an Excel worksheet if you have WSS. Data Analysis views might also get the ...

another post on autodiscover.domain.co.uk certificate warnings
Hi, New install of SBS 2008 standard. I have had problems with users getting prompted to accept the autodiscover certificate each time they start outlook. Susan B had advised applying the update 9 for Exchange 2007, this didn't fix it, then to try SP2 for Exchange 2007. This has still not fixed the issue. I think this may be related to users also being unable to set OOO in Outlook and only ia OWA, although even when set there OOO doesn't work. Any ideas please Thanks Simon Sounds like you have a mismatched certificate name and domain name. Did you create any certif...

YAPTQ: Mixed data types in custom groups (Excel 2003)
Hello, I'm trying to get the following accomplished in Excel 2003: I have a column in a table that keeps track of how late a form was turned in. It can have an integer (for the number of days it was late) or one of several text strings ("On time," "Cannot determine," "Outside report dates.") I need to be able to generate the totals for: On time or within 7 days late, 8-15 days, More than 15 days Cannot determine Outside report dates It seems like it should be a straightforward procedure, where one can specify a range of numbers, or a list of values, but I ...

An unofficial FAQ for this newsgroup is available at http://umpmfaq.info. The source FAQ was last updated Wednesday, January 12, 2005. You may save yourself and those willing to spend their time helping you both time and hassle by consulting this resource before posting what may already be a FAQ. The unofficial FAQ answers 162 of the most frequently asked questions in this newsgroup. Note that only a limited number of FAQ items have been added or modified for Money 2005--those that are derive from my limited experience with the product and on very high profile items in the newsgroup. If you ar...

Outlook 2002 SP3: Can't open file: *.msg. The file may not exist, you may...
Hi, recently I am unable to open attachments within Outlook that have an extension of .msg. When previewing a message in the preview pane, the attachment MSG icon appears white. When the message is opened, it changes to a beige color. Double-clicking (and choosing Open from the menu) on the icon in either state yields no results. When I save the message to my desktop, I took the DDE command used to open files with the .msg extension ("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office \Office10\OUTLOOK.EXE" /f "%1"). I changed to the directory where the message is and ran: "C:\Program...

Incorrect Sum #2
I am having a problem summing a column of numbers. These numbers are both negative and positive numbers. When I sum the numbers it comes to zero. This is correct, but when I reformat and take out a 30 decimal places I suddenly start getting numbers starting at about the 12th decimal place. These numbers are dollar amounts. I know they don't go beyond 2 decimal places. I've hand entered them. When I take all of the numbers out 30 decimal places, nothing shows up. It only does it on the sum. I tried summing only the negative numbers and postive numbers separately it works ...

Deleting a posted message
Is there a way I can delete a posted message OR at least take my email off. I have mistakenly given my email and have been receiving spam like anything. It would be really helpful if the admins of this group can help me delete that specific post. Use the .NET serializer to turn it to a string . Use the .Whatever in 2005, asking for MS for Permission to post an 'unmanaged' question. "Neo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:026501c3a56a$f77b3870$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way I can delete a posted message OR at least > ...

Categories, Budget and Category Groups?
I am new to Money 2007 Premium and am a little stumped by the category/subcategory/category group model, the defaults available and the relation to my Budget. I was about to assign my rent a category when I noticed that I was able to choose either Mortgage/Rent (Rent Bill) or Bills-Rent (Rent Bill). Why would they both exist by default? I see that the Mortgage/Rent category is an "Essential" category, but why would switching to "Advanced" give me two of the same? What long-term effect is this decision going to have and what is the rationale for having two options...

Notification for a fax posted to a public folder
We have setup our exchange to post incoming faxes to public folders. I've setup different folder for each department. The question has come up is there a way to notify a user like when they get a new email that a fax has been posted to the public folder? You can by means of an add-in; http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Watch-Outlook-Folders.asp?Source=RS If you decide to order use "BH93RF24" to get a discount -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Setti...

If I wanted 5-7 to mean May 7th, I would type "May 7th"
I dont understand why a non-pro user at excel has to go searching for a way to turn this function off. Does Microsoft not care about those of us who dont use Excel on a everyday-forwork-basis? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/o...

AutoFilter May be Misbehaving
I have a worksheet, using 1845 rows and columns out to AB. We use the AutoFilter command on the Data menu constantly, and are getting a strange behaviour. When the filter is applied, it shows the appropriate data, but hides all the rows from 1845 down to 3606 and then displays the remaining from 3606 to 65536. What I can not figure out is why are rows 1845 to 3606 being hidden. There is nothing in them. To be sure of this, I selected all the rows from 1846 to 65536 and over to column IV and from the Edit menu, select Clear - Formats and then Clear - All, to no avail. What am I missin...

Fixed Assets
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0011_01CAB083.26EE8290 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi people, I am using SQL 2005, GP 10 SP 3 I am not able to post depreciation for Jan 2010 and get the above ERROR = message and when I click on more info. it give me following " You have = entered a date whose fiscal year on period setup is greater then the = current fiscal year for one of the books selected for this asset". Solution: do no select this book or enter an earlier...

cannot copy a post from a public folder to my drafts folder
good day several of our Exchange 2003 (sp1) customers are experiencing an odd behaviour: from their outlook 2003 (sp1) some of them cannot copy a post from a public folder to their drafts folder, receiving a generic "insufficient permission" error. it is not a matter of permission since they all have reading permissions on the public folder and obviously write permission on their drafts folder. other users can easily do the same operation without problems, while a few experience random behaviour: sometimes they succeed, sometimes they don't (even trying to copy the same po...

Direct Client Requirement - Software Engineer (.Net) - VA
Direct Client Requirement - Software Engineer (.Net) - VA - Chantilly (GC and Citizen may only apply) Job Title: Software Engineer (.Net) Job Location(s): VA - Chantilly Duration: 1-6 months Position Type: Full-time Hours: 8 am =96 5 pm Education Level: Bachelor's Degree GC and Citizen may only apply JOB DESCRIPTION: Roles and Responsibilities: =95 Monitoring and supporting team member activites =95 Coordinating product development with product technical manager =95 W...

Outlook 2003 incorrectly marks ALL inbound mail as [SPAM]
I recently configured Outlook 2003 for a client (done this a bazillion times), but all inbound messages are being incorrectly tagged as [SPAM]. I've checked every setting and can't seem to correct this. The same messages sent to other Outlook clients appear correctly, without the [SPAM] tag. A Google search and a MSDN search has revealed nothing.... Any suggestions appreciated! Thanks! N2 <n2@microsoft.com> wrote: > I recently configured Outlook 2003 for a client (done this a bazillion > times), but all inbound messages are being incorrectly tagged as > [SPAM]. ...

rule reverts to incorrect settings
I have a rule in Outlook2003 (with latest updates as of Feb 15th) that won't save my settings the way i want. First of all, i have 5 pop accounts, and 5 folders under inbox. So I have 5 rules, which basically say if from acct1, move the mail to folder acct1. One of the rules incorrectly says if from acct2, move it to folder acct4. I've reset it to acct2-acct2, but when i hit apply it reverts back to 2-4. I've also deleted the rule, and recreated it, and it flips to the incorrect settings. Any ideas? Also I've not found a way to apply a rule, except when mail is fr...

Email groups some working some not
I've upgrade from 5.5 to 2003 - now running native mode. Emails groups working fine for months now most but not all work. Can not see a pattern to which work and which don't. It isn't the incorrect setting of the expansion server (checked that). There is no logging trail - the emails just go to the ether. With no faults being reported I've no idea how to go about a fix. On 18 Jun 2006 21:30:54 -0700, imscott@bigpond.net.au wrote: >I've upgrade from 5.5 to 2003 - now running native mode. Emails groups >working fine for months now most but not all work. Can not see a...

Post XML with HttpWebRequest
I’m writing a windows application which intern talks to a web interface exposed at http://194.224.184.162/barceloDS/interface/xml . Now my problem is, this exposed interface will accept the XML String as parameter and returns data in XML Format. You can find the example of the XML Input, at http://194.224.184.162/barceloDS/interface/example, which explains in detail about the input XML String. I’m trying to execute the following code, which returning me null text, instead of some response. Correct me where I’m mistaken. string GetResp() { // This is the XML Input String to the ex...

Drop Ship Clearing Posting Account
The client decided to use a different Drop Ship clearing account. Changes were made in the Setup Posting Accounts to reflect the new account. Clients and Items do not have Drop Ship clearing accounts. Sales Order and Purchase Orders that were created prior to the change of the account are still showing the old account. Is there any utility or way to update the tables, so that all transactions reflect the new Account? Thanks, -- Patti ...

How to link text boxes containing grouped text and photos and auto
I will have a hundred grouped text boxes and photos in my project. Each group will contain three or four text and photo boxes. These groups do not require autoflow to other text boxes. However, I will need to rearrange them and edit them in my publication. When I add a new group or move one I want the remaining boxes to flow automatically from page to page. I new to publisher and lost. Not quite sure what you are asking. If you have, say, three text boxes and a couple of pictures grouped, there is no way for two of the text boxes to be on one page and the rest of the group flow to the ...

Grouping/Deleting Dates/Times (HELP ANYONE!)
Hi, I originally posted this a couple of weeks ago but no one has been able to help out on it. I am posting one more time to see if I can get an Access guru to help out. It is an Access database that I am using. Here is the table structure with some data: (the data is in the same order as the field names & data types) Field Name Data Type SectionTeacherDaysId AutoNumber SectionTeacherId Number DayofWeek Number StartTime Date/Time EndTime Date/Time 6 3306 Wednesday 3:30 PM...

Cannot see posts again
My posts from the Ng do not appear on the NG. I have to go to google groups to look them up. Cumbersome. How can I solve the problem? TIA This newsgroup ? Is WLM configured to use newsgroup community features(if so disable it) Are any of the missing messages present in the Storage folders/Recovered = items folders(and appearing as if sent to you instead of=20 the newsgroup)? -- ....winston ms-mvp mail "Ben Stevenson" wrote in message = news:u3f9tyRNLHA.4288@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... My posts from the Ng do not appear on the NG. I have to go to google = grou...

Goalseek gives incorrect results
Hello Using =PMT formula, I input B1=pmt(14.5%/12,60,A1) and in GoalSeek, I set cell B1 to 5000 by changing cell A1 and I get 212,510.21 as the result whereas simply seen 5000 in one year would be 60K and in 5 years it would be 300K. For small values it provides proper results but not for this one. What wrong am I doing? Thanks "dindigul" <padhye.m@gmail.com> wrote: > Using =PMT formula, I input B1=pmt(14.5%/12,60,A1) and > in GoalSeek, I set cell B1 to 5000 by changing cell A1 > and I get 212,510.21 That is the correct result, assuming either you are misrep...