I really need help

This just started yesturday.  We have Exchange 2003 and it has been running
for 2 years.  This only happens to internal users as well.  All external
email is being recieved.  If I send an email to a local user using there full
email address eg. daniel.kaliel@jjbedmonton.com, I get the bounce message
below.  However if I send the email to the same person, but select them out
of the global address catalog instead of typing in the address.  They get the
email.  I don't know why our emails are being bounced if they include the
domain name.

Here is the bounce message.....

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

      John A Croft (John.Croft@jjbedmonton.com) on 01/03/2007 9:15 AM
            The message could not be delivered because the recipient's
destination email system is unknown or invalid. Please check the address and
try again, or contact your system administrator to verify connectivity to the
email system of the recipient.
            <hermes.jjbedmonton.com #5.1.2>

so you're saying if you type in the user's smtp address, it does not resolve
to the mailbox?  normal behaviour is for the smtp address to resolve to the
mailbox name if you execute a ctrl K...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"Daniel Kaliel" <DanielKaliel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This just started yesturday.  We have Exchange 2003 and it has been
> running
> for 2 years.  This only happens to internal users as well.  All external
> email is being recieved.  If I send an email to a local user using there
> full
> email address eg. daniel.kaliel@jjbedmonton.com, I get the bounce message
> below.  However if I send the email to the same person, but select them
> out
> of the global address catalog instead of typing in the address.  They get
> the
> email.  I don't know why our emails are being bounced if they include the
> domain name.
>
> Here is the bounce message.....
>
> The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:
>
>      John A Croft (John.Croft@jjbedmonton.com) on 01/03/2007 9:15 AM
>            The message could not be delivered because the recipient's
> destination email system is unknown or invalid. Please check the address
> and
> try again, or contact your system administrator to verify connectivity to
> the
> email system of the recipient.
>            <hermes.jjbedmonton.com #5.1.2>

0
sconkey (3059)
3/1/2007 5:46:48 PM
Exactly.  It does not resolve to the local mailbox.

I have found out a further piece to the puzzle.  If I open up there contact
card in Contacts, and change there email address to type SMTP from EX, then
the email works.

In news:EA3C03D0-B734-4C65-A6C6-6523B368CD74@microsoft.com,
Daniel Kaliel <DanielKaliel@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> Exactly.  It does not resolve to the local mailbox.
>
> I have found out a further piece to the puzzle.  If I open up there
> contact card in Contacts, and change there email address to type SMTP
> from EX, then the email works.

Your Outlook clients should all be set to look up addresses first in the
GAL, and *then* in any other contacts folders. That's how it works by
default, so someone may have changed this.

> "Susan" wrote:
>
>> so you're saying if you type in the user's smtp address, it does not
>> resolve to the mailbox?  normal behaviour is for the smtp address to
>> resolve to the mailbox name if you execute a ctrl K...
>>
>> --
>> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>>

>> "Daniel Kaliel" <DanielKaliel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:B2FEA7C7-0839-4ED8-BE17-EE5EA457FCB9@microsoft.com...
>>> This just started yesturday.  We have Exchange 2003 and it has been
>>> running
>>> for 2 years.  This only happens to internal users as well.  All
>>> external email is being recieved.  If I send an email to a local
>>> user using there full
>>> email address eg. daniel.kaliel@jjbedmonton.com, I get the bounce
>>> message below.  However if I send the email to the same person, but
>>> select them out
>>> of the global address catalog instead of typing in the address.
>>> They get the
>>> email.  I don't know why our emails are being bounced if they
>>> include the domain name.
>>>
>>> Here is the bounce message.....
>>>
>>> The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:
>>>
>>>      John A Croft (John.Croft@jjbedmonton.com) on 01/03/2007 9:15 AM
>>>            The message could not be delivered because the
>>> recipient's destination email system is unknown or invalid. Please
>>> check the address and
>>> try again, or contact your system administrator to verify
>>> connectivity to the
>>> email system of the recipient.
>>>            <hermes.jjbedmonton.com #5.1.2>

0
lanwench (7567)
3/1/2007 6:18:54 PM
Why are your internal users contacts?

Can you go into more detail about your configuration, and how users access
their mailboxes?

Oliver

> I have found out a further piece to the puzzle.  If I open up there
> contact
> card in Contacts, and change there email address to type SMTP from EX,
> then
> the email works.

0
o.moazzeziNO (822)

Need more data series
Is this possible anyhow? I am using the chart to accuratley draw a grid in an xy scatter char and have used my allowed 255 data series. I need another 100 or so. Can it be done?? cheers Nobb +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: grid.JPG |Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=118 +------------------------------------------------------------------- -- nobbyknownowt nobby, can you upload the actual xls file please? Then I can have a look at it. -- Wigi http://www.wimg...

Help with date range.
I need a query to display the date like below. Thank you in advance. 9/1/07 10/1/07 11/1/07 12/1/07 1/1/08 … 12/1/09 1/1/10 This will be best done client side or in reporting interface. Here is one T-SQL solution: SELECT LTRIM(MONTH(dt)) + '/' + LTRIM(DAY(dt)) + '/' + RIGHT(YEAR(dt), 2) FROM Foo; -- Plamen Ratchev http://www.SQLStudio.com One of the basic rules of a tiered architecture is that display is done in the front end. This is FAR more basic than SQL. LN wrote: > I need a query to display the date like below. Thank you in advance. >...

Help; how do i change the waiting circle (in IE tab) to anything e
I am making a website and i have a lot of wait time for my server-side pages to do their work. The waiting circle icon gives me a headache so I would like to change that to something else please. I remember IE6 had a great Microsoft Flag logo that would wave while a page would load. Could I get IE8 to use this logo? Sorry Trozza, you can't. "Trozza Mited" <Trozza Mited@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C401644-2391-4317-92BD-D7F3DFD2B06C@microsoft.com... > I am making a website and i have a lot of wait time for my server-side > p...

CMonthCalCtrl
Hi, I want few custom things in CMonthCalCtrl. Can anyone suggest how these can be achieved. 1) I want the Next and Prev button to be disabled or hidden. I just want the month that's shown only and not allow the users to move to the next. 2) I want to hide the year text. can some one tell me how this can be done. Thanks in advance -Amudhan You could try this control instead. Having the source for it would allow you to customize it to your liking... http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/minicalendar.asp?df=100&forumid=3190&exp=0&select=967592 It doesn't look to me like t...

Help with If Sum statement
Hi, I need to be able to do the following but i can not quite arrange the formula corectly.... I have one sheet that has all the weeks in coulumns (for a project). In another sheet i have this A B C D E Analysis Task 3 12/04/2010 14/04/2010 Task 5 15/04/2010 21/04/2010 Task 3 22/04/2010 26/04/2010 Task 10 27/04/2010 10/05/2010 Task 6 11/05/2010 18/05/2010 Analysis Task 2 11/05/2010 12/05/2010 Develop Task 4 13/05/2010 18/05/2010 Task 3.5 13/05/2010 18/05/2010 Analysis Task 1 13/05/2010 13/05/2010 Develop Task 2.5 14/05/2010 18/05/2010 Task 5.8 1...

Need help looking up data-vlookup isn't working
I have 2 worksheets. Column A in sheet 1 contains values that I know are in column A of sheet 2. I need only the rest of the values in sheet 2 (in other words, the values that are NOT in sheet one). Thanks! Put this in Sheet2 cell B1 and copy down =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!A1,1,FALSE)),A1,"") Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "MMcGee" <MMcGee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B3F7255-3691-4CE3-AB21-B625764F6A91@microsoft.com... > > I have 2 worksheets. Column A in sheet 1 contains values that I know are > ...

HELP...TOO MANY OUTLOOK PROCESSES
When I got to shut down my system I am having to close out of SEVERAL sessions of outlook that are running. This time I QAD'd and saw that there were 6 outlooks running.....HOW CAN I CURE THE PROBLEM? TIA Quit opening Outlook so many times. When I was a System's Tech, I noticed some users would open Outlook from their TaskBar, 7 or 8 times a day, thinking they were going back to a previously open window, when in reality they're opening a new Outlook Session. Just pay attention to what you're clicking on when you toggle between programs. If there's a more seriou...

mailbox gone...HELP!
I am running Exchange Server 2003 in mixed mode(exch 5.5). I started seeing NDR's for a user on Friday, but was busy and the user was off so did not get the chance to look into it. This morning i see in ESM that his his acct is gone. The attributes are still there in ADUC though. Not sure what happened but would really appreciate some help on this one. I checked the backups and he is the only user that was not in the list of mailboxes being backed up. The user has a laptop and is setup to run in cached mode so I he has a copy of his pst locally. One other important point is ...

Import / export formatted txt file, Can you help please??
Hi all, I have a receiver that has no support for it all anymore. It is a completely legal receiver, (thats why it has no support). I would like to be able to edit the channel list on my PC. I can easily get the channel list from it, and I can upload it again, but there is no editor to manipulate the data. If I could import the text file edit the data then save it in the same format I could get by without a channel editor like the newer ones have. I'll include a snippet of the file so you can see. First off the closest I've come to importing the file corectly is to import us...

Really?!
According to my Xnews reader . . . (and Excel) . . . Did you know that since December 14 last year over 43000 messages appeared in this newsgroup?! That means that we were able to place an average of 209 messages per day in microsoft.public.excel.misc! Congratulations to us all! Think a detailed summary picture, with monthly figures stretching back almost 10 years, a host of interesting stats (live) & clickable links is availed for say, excel.misc at Googles: "About microsoft.public.excel.misc " page at: http://groups.google.com.sg/group/microsoft.public.excel.misc/about?h...

Form help 03-24-07
I have a Access database containing information about toolbox inspections. In my table I have: Toolbox number, owning shop, date inspection due, date inspection completed, interval, next inspection due. These are dates, except for number, owning shop and interval. I have a form made with these same fields. The interval in all cases is 90 days. When a user inspects a toolbox they would enter the "date inspection completed" in the form. What I'm trying to do is to get the "next inspection due" field to automatically add 90 days to the "date inspection completed...

Need CRM overview
I will be evaluating CRM for my business and was hoping someone could list out the software and computing environment needed to make this work. Do I need to run a core crm app off a server? Is it all standalone? A laundry-list sort of thing would be most appreciated. Thanks! I need exactly what David needs, too. -- Jocelyn jocelyn.puegner@hotmail.com "David Smith" wrote: > I will be evaluating CRM for my business and was hoping someone could list > out the software and computing environment needed to make this work. Do I > need to run a core crm app off a serve...

Need Count Formula Help
Hello, I'm trying to write a count formula. Column A has just names, many with "New Hire" as a placeholder for upcoming heads added throughout 2005. Column B indicates the hire date --- only the "New Hire" labels will be in the 2005 year. Then I have twelve columns representing the months for 2005. I can't figure out how to write the formula, to appear at the bottom of each month's column, to count the total dates that fall within January 2005, within February 2005, within March 2005, etc. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance! Corey Nevermin...

Help with Excel Workbook
I am updating a workbook and very behind. It's a construction workbook, so there many separate categories that have to total costs For example, electric, plumbing, misc....etc...and then theres a totals page. What is the easiest way to input info? Can I input all info on one page. thanks Not sure if this has anything to do with Outlook. You might have better luck posting in an Excel newsgroup. "Nina" <Nina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E171EE5-5679-4210-9D00-E7649A0FB909@microsoft.com... >I am updating a workbook and very behind. It's a...

Really, REALLY big picklists
Hi guys, Our client wants to have a picklist with about 3700-3800 values in it, and wants to add further items to it. It wasn't until it got to our data migration guy, who was entering them in manually and wanted my help on the matter that it was brought to my attention. They want to retrieve the 3700-3800 values, select the information, and return the name of the entry. Apparently typing the name in is too hard, or would result in too many mis-entries. Basically I think the idea is retarded and a really, really bad idea, especially since I couldn't find any supported methods to a...

Help on Help
I am lost. Please direct me. In the Microsoft Access 2007 Help, under Access Developer Home > Access Macro Actions > OpenForm Macro Action the following reference excerpt exists: Examples Set the value of a control by using a macro The following macro opens the Add Products form from a button on the Suppliers form. It shows the use of the Echo, Close, OpenForm, SetValue, and GoToControl actions. The SetValue action sets the Supplier ID control on the Products form to the current supplier on the Suppliers form. The GoToControl action then moves the focus to the Category ID field, where...

Help me impress my boss PLEASE
Heres the thing: We have 3 people and our boss. The boss needs to be able to send a task out that re-accures every month, we the people need to have one of us accept the task, and modify the status to show that it is in progress. Everyone else must see that this has been done by using a popup. Can I have a pop up window show that someone has accepted the task? And if no one accepts it and the task sits for 1 day, can I have a popup window appear saying "MUST BE DONE!!!" I'm a little confused can someone recomend a really good web page? To sum up: 1. Pop Windows are th...

Need an Add-on to view messages in plain old text format
Hi, I am looking for an Add-on for Outlook 2002/XP to view messages in their original text format, including the headers. In Outlook Express, you could turn off the Preview Pane and use Right Click-->Properties-->Details-->Message Source, to view the message in its non-HTML form. Is there an Add-on for Outlook that let you do this? On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 09:10:05 -0400, "Someone" <nobody@cox.net> wrote: >Hi, > >I am looking for an Add-on for Outlook 2002/XP to view messages in their >original text format, including the headers. In Outlook Express, yo...

I need your help
Windows 2003 Server Enterprise with IIS 6 Sql Server 2005 I try open a report but display the next page: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond XX.X.XX.XXX:80 Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt ...

Need help with code
I have a problem and I hope someone can help with it. I have a form with a bunch of Checkboxes. And I have 3 Option buttons: Select All, Make Selection and Clear All, and 2 buttons. The buttons are disabled. Slect All checks all the CheckBoxes and enable the buttons, Clear All uncheck all the CheckBoxes and disable the buttons. Make Selection is surposed to uncheck all the CheckBoxes with the buttons still disabled. What I want to do next is this, any time a checkbox is checked I want the 2 buttons to become enabled and if no checkbox is checked I want the 2 buttons to be disabled....

Need count of updates after UPDATE query
Is there any way to get the count of updates after running this? strSQL = "UPDATE ..." currentproject.connection.execute strSQL On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 12:04:00 -0800, mscertified wrote: > Is there any way to get the count of updates after running this? > > strSQL = "UPDATE ..." > currentproject.connection.execute strSQL Look up the RecordAffected property in VBA help. -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail ...

Really basic question about adding and dividing
Hello Yep, I'm hopeless at Excel but I'm not an accountant and only have to use it once or twice a year for student marks Anyway, I have two columns which I need to add and then divide the total by 2 to get the average 10 + 16 = 26 divided by 2 = 13 so I type in the third column = Column A + B/2 and I get.......18 Ok, I've worked out what is going on (10+ 16/2 (8) = 18) but what do I do to get the right answer (13) Thanks Dave Neve =(A1+B1)/2 -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinator.com Replac...

Ubuntu really sucks
Ubuntu sucks. Instead of moving forward with every release, they have the uncanny ability to take Linux back in time by piling code that doesn't work on top of more code that doesn't work until they have turned their OS into a garbage salad. 8.10 was GREAT, and for the most part everything worked. Some things were missing concerning support of newer Eees, but then they released Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04. 9.04 could only have been released completely untested, as they missed something as stupid as the Intel tiling kernel bug which caused every Intel card out there to crawl during...

Need help converting Excel files into Act 6.0
I am having a hard time converting Excel files into Act - I lose dat from certain fields and interestingly I am losing a few characters fro the first field. Any help would be greatly appreciated!:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Help with settings in Outlook 2002
In Outlook Express 6.0 there is a setting under Tools, Options, Security, Virus Protection, Warn me when other applications try to send mail as me. Is there a setting within Outlook 2002 to do the same thing? Please help Cheers ...