I can't see the folder(Folder Container) in exchange server manage

I have four administrative groups (four sites), these sites are in different
places, all of them are over Echange server Standard 2000. These server were
migrated of exchange server 5.5.
My problem is that i can't see the folder container in the console manager,
in that way i can't access to the others options (view system folder)
I install another Exchange server in order to prove this problem, but in
this case the folder container were displayed.
I hope your help.

Thanks.
0
mirko (1)

exchange 5.5 #30
Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 251016 I was trying to following the instructions on how to troubleshoot this issue but the Kb doesn't show you how to resolve this issue. I found all tracking logs but it doesn't show the sender information. Doesn't anyone have a idea where i can find the sender info? Thanks, Al This issue may also occur if a user from the Internet sends an e-mail message to the public folder, and in the client permissions for that folder, the Default item under Name has anything less than Contributor permissions selected under Role. In this case, the NDR...

an error occured while installing microsoft crm folders 08-20-04
I installed microsoft CRM 1.2 on a windows 2000 advanced server which is just a member server. I have a windows 2000 DC and I have Microsoft CRM Sales for Outlook client software installed on another server. But whenever I launch outlook the program comes up with this error "an error occured while installing microsoft crm folders" Pls what could be the problem. Thanks ...

Mail folder fonts for received email
In Outlook 2003, is there a way to globally change the font for all received emails listings, not the font of the message? I know how to change them individually under VIEW, ARRANGE BY, CUSTOM and then change the fonts under OTHER SETTINGS and AUTOMATIC FORMATTING. When I make a change, it only affects one folder, not all the others. Should this be changing all, not just the current one? -- Neil Create a custom view with your preferred font settings, and make it available to all mail folders. Then when you go to each folder, set that view. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *...

Setting up Exchange Cluster with AD
This is a general question. We are about to setup a "new" exchange server and move our existing exchange to that. With the "new" server we want to have another machine in a "cluster" setup. Operating system will be windows 2003 and will be exchange2003. Do the machines need to be identical hardware? ? What other things do we need to concern ourselves about on these two machines.? Specifically AD, Global catlog settings, Domain settings etc -- John Christie John MS do not support a AD domain controller in a clustered environment so don't install a DC ...

I cant see emails coming in anymore.
I used to push send/receive and a box would come up telling me 'Receiving 8 of 40 emails' with a green bar going across the centre. Once the emails are received the box goes. If I push send/receive nothing happens. If I push it say, 10 times, again nothing happens. Once all the emails are thru the box that used to come up, than flashes up 10 times, but by than its a little late. Does anyone know how to get the box back? I would really appreciate it... KR Mick. I send this message using the forward procedure to somebody of the group My problem is likely the same as a lot ...

A protocol doesnt show up under server
I am trying to use OWA I have it installed and I can see it(the logon screen) from the internet when I am on the network,but if I dial up through a modem I dont see the page anymore...now maybe I am not putting the right information into the address pain but I really feel like it might have something to do with the fact that when I open up exchange 5.5 and look under configuration I see the HTTP protocol there but if I look under Servers the protocol Http is not there. Maybe it doesnt matter but I am confused. Please help ...

Move mailboxes from original Exchange 2003 server
I am moving from 1 Exchange 2003 server to another - due to horsepower. Do I still need to go through this - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822931. I am just moving resources one server to another and deleting / uninstalling the original Exchange 2003 server. Thx. Yes you need to follow that article if you intend to remove the first server. Nue "YONAS" <yonas@msn.com> wrote in message news:evQWaBQhGHA.4284@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I am moving from 1 Exchange 2003 server to another - due to horsepower. Do >I still need to go through...

Exchange migration question
I read a white paper that says that the Active Directory domain containing the Exchange servers must be in NATIVE mode so that Universal Security Groups for email can be used. I don't know about the security groups, but is it true you have to be operating in Native to put an Exchange 2003 server on it? Things do seem to work smoother during the transition if it is in native mode, however, it does not have to be Windows2003 native mode to accomplish Exchange loading. What mode is your AD in? (Windows 2003 Native, Windows 2000 native, or Windows 2000 mixed) CJ wrote: > I read...

Favorite Folders #2
I just upgraded to Office 2003. The first thing I did was try to get more space on my screen by eliminating stuff I don't use. I see no reason for Outlook's Favorite folders, so I went to help: Help showed I can do: Empty the Favorite Folders pane to save space Help Assistance > Outlook 2003 > Startup and Settings > Installing and Customizing > Navigation Pane Show AllShow All Hide AllHide All Applies to Microsoft Office Outlook� 2003 To minimize the amount of space that the Favorite Folders pane occupies � you can't remove it completely from the Navigation Pane...

new exchange server #4
hi working as exchange administrator.we are running exchange server 2003 locally.domain name is intersol.co.in.we having head office in us having valid mail domain intersol.com running.now we want to change our mail domain server to intersol.in to intersol.com. vpn tunnel established between both offices .please let me know 1) what steps i need from my side(india) to run us side mail server . 2) what actions i need to ask the us side admin people 3) whether we can keep exchange server intersol.com locally please help me thanks manthri You can get by with just one Exchange ser...

Public Folders Backup
Hi. Exchange 5.5 - Server NT4 - Arcserve 2000 - All latest service packs - I need to copy the contents of the Public Folders only from one server to another. The second is an exact mirror of the first. Apart from replacing / restoring the files from the backup tape, what else do I need to do to mount the store (start the services). With thanks. Colin These type of tricks is difficult with Exchange. There are several ways to do that: restore from online backup (requires identical org and site names), copy data using Outlook via .pst, establish replica on second server (requires serve...

OWA
When I try to access OWA I receive a "HTTP 500 - Internal Server Error" webpage. I have rebuilt OWA based on instructions in KB280823 and the problem still persists. I have also removed IIS and rebuilt from scratch. I've also ran a repair install of Exchange 2003 with SP2 and I cannot get OWA to respond properly. I suggest that you open a ticket with Microsoft PSS. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Jeremy" <Jeremy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE0AFA54-2BD9-4D80-88B8-4730A40F23A0@...

Not able to see all data but can see on another computer
Hi, I am using SAP application and if i retrive the excel file from SAP i can see only 48 lines where as i should see 110 lines but if i opened that same excel file in another computer then i can see all lines (110 Lines) i don't know why its happening. Can anyone help on this? Thanks in advance. Regards, Harish ...

How to add and fill in comments column in a mail folder?
I use a few mail folders to store vendor quotes and purchasing documents. I often refer to these messages and would like to have a way to label each message, as to its contents, in the folder view. I have no problem adding a column to my display, I just can not figure out how to get my info into the column. On the Other Settings dialog for the view, turn on in-cell editing. Once you do that, you'll be able to type the information in the view. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators ...

Group Permission on Public Folders
Hello I am curious if its possible by any means to add a DL as having rights to a public folder(as if to add a security group)? Rather then one'sies and two'sies of user rights to folders. thanks e- "Eric - ARUP" <EricARUP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am curious if its possible by any means to add a DL as having rights to a >public folder(as if to add a security group)? Rather then one'sies and >two'sies of user rights to folders. Exchange 5.5? Sure. Exchange 2000/2003? It should be a mail-enabled security group, not a distribution g...

OWA .. Automatic innlogging on a server.
We have two Exchange 2003 servers, call them A nd B. Some of our users have their mailboxes on A and others on B. The "problem, the way our users prefer to call it" is that when a user starts Outlook WebAccess, the innlogging will of course be forwarded to either server A or B. Let's assume A is the default server for innlogging. When a user has his/her mailbox on server B, another window will open so the user will log on to server B, where he/she has his/her mailbox. That means all users who have their mailbox on server B must try to logon twice. Is there a way to make this go ...

Change Backend to Frontend Server Questions
I started out with one exchange 2003 backend server - clients connect to this via RPC- https and pop3. I have now installed a second 2003 enterprise backend server and will be moving all mail boxes and public folders to it then converting the original server to a frontend server. My questions are; 1. Should continue to I deliver incoming SMTP to the FE server after the change? 2. Does it matter that the FE server is the PDC and the first Exchsrvr 3. Should Pop3 clients collect mail via the FE server? I have read the FE BE Topography guide but there is not much information on re-assign...

How can I automatically put downloaded mail in a folder based on .
I would like to direct all mail from my hotmail account into a singl folder when using outlook 2007 Any Ideas -- Rick W You can use the Outlook Connector for that or configure Hotmail via POP3; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/332 If you are going for POP3, you set your delivery folder for the Hotmail account in your Account Settings. For details see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/sortmail.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.ms...

Can't save messages to hard drive from Outlook 2000 with Exchange 5.5
When I try to copy emails (with attachments) to a folder on my desktop I get an error that says " An error occured while copying file" Every once in a while a file will copy but there seems no rhyme or reason to it. Files without attachments will copy fine. I can move the emails between folders in my in box but I have the same problems trying to archive the files or trying to copy them to personal folders. I have office service pack 3 installed. I CAN open the files up one by one and "save as" and they will save but that is ridiculous. Usually I see this as a...

Query to Access : does'nt see tables
Office 2000 SP3 FR From Excel / MS Query, I want to read data in Access tables. I choose the mdb file and so MS Query displays this error message (translated) : "This data source does'nt have any visible table". Original in French : "Cette source de donn�es ne contient aucune table visible." I transfert my data to a new mdb file : it work's few times (!), then the error message appears again. How to resolve this problem ? Jacques. Gotcha ! MS Query does'nt accept a file name with 2 dot inside ! Example : MyFile.mdb --> Ok My.File.mdb --> "...

News Messages
Is there any way to save a newsgroup message in an Outlook folder with OE as the newsreader? I tried dragging it from OE to the selected Outlook folder but Outlook would not accept it. if outlook connects to an IMAP mailbox, create an imap account in OE and drag messages to it. Otherwise, create a 'news archive' folder in OE and export it to OL every so often. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions C...

How to see my mail queue?
Hi there, I have a Exchange 2000 running on Windows 2000 server. Could you please tell me how to monitor my emails in my mail queue? I can't find a location on the Windows to see the mail queue status. Thanks in advance, Ross To view the mail queues follow these steps: 1. Open system manager, Navigate down to the following location Your organization --> Administrative groups --> Your Admin group --> Servers --> Your Server --> Protocols --> SMTP --> SMTP virtual server --> Queues You should then see all the smtp queues and monitor mail. thanks, J. ...

Denied Public Folder Access
I'm having issues accessing the public folders for our site. We did not start having issues until we decommission one of our servers. We had two exchange 2003 servers 1 std and 1 ent running at the same time. We had planned a slow migration of email accounts, we replicated the public folders and everything was running fine. After we moved all the remaining mail accounts over to the 03 Enterprise exchange server, stopped relication and performed all the other applicable steps when turning down an exchange server I started having issues accessing the public folders. I have read m...

How to delete a personal folders in OUtlook..
For some reason I have a duplicate 'personal folders' in my folder list. One seems to mirror the other. any ideas on how to get rid of one? Ignore this please, found the answer in the KB by rephrasing my question.... >-----Original Message----- >For some reason I have a duplicate 'personal folders' in >my folder list. One seems to mirror the other. any ideas >on how to get rid of one? >. > please ig >-----Original Message----- >For some reason I have a duplicate 'personal folders' in >my folder list. One seems to mirror the oth...

Problem using XmlSerializer for classes containing interface memebers
Given the following class and interface: ===================================== public class ClassToBeSerialized{ private IInterfaceMember interfaceMember; public IInterfaceMember{ get{ return interfaceMember; } set{ interfaceMember = value; } } } public interface IInterfaceMember{ string SomePublicMember{ get; set; } } ===================================== If I try the following from a class within the same project: XmlSerializer xmlSerializer = new XmlSerializer( typeof( ClassToBeSerialized) ); I...