Hw to setup public Exchange server

Hi all,
appologies for this stupid post, but I need a help.
Our company are using SBS 2003 SP1 with POP3 connector. That means our
Exchange (from SBS) collect POP3 mails from our ISP's network. I have a part
of experience with exchange setup (message delivery, recipient policies,
administer mailbox stores...).

Now, we bought static IP address and we'd like to publish Exchange on
Internet with our FQDN (e-mails). Windows 2003 Server environment; AD, DNS,
ISA2004, Exchange 2003 Std or Ent.

Please give me any suggestion or web page for begining - how to setup clean
Exchange installation, necessary open ports, ...

Thnx a lot!

0
jackb (3)

In news:udTNFreyGHA.284@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl,
Jack B. <jackb@withoutmail_REMOVE.com> typed:
> Hi all,
> appologies for this stupid post, but I need a help.
> Our company are using SBS 2003 SP1 with POP3 connector. That means our
> Exchange (from SBS) collect POP3 mails from our ISP's network. I have
> a part of experience with exchange setup (message delivery, recipient
> policies, administer mailbox stores...).
>
> Now, we bought static IP address and we'd like to publish Exchange on
> Internet with our FQDN (e-mails). Windows 2003 Server environment;
> AD, DNS, ISA2004, Exchange 2003 Std or Ent.
>
> Please give me any suggestion or web page for begining - how to setup
> clean Exchange installation, necessary open ports, ...
>
> Thnx a lot!

Hi - since you're using SBS, and SBS is All About Wizards and does a lot of
things its own way, you might be better off posting in
microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs.

That said, I can't help with the ISA stuff, but see
http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF002.html for info on hosting your own
mail, and note that you'll need to re-run the Configure E-Mail & Internet
wizard in SBS to do this. And you can't use Exchange Enterprise with SBS, so
unless you're going to ditch SBS entirely, that isn't relevant. Not really
relevant anyway, where your mail hosting is concerned.

0
lanwench (7567)
8/27/2006 4:30:30 PM
"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> In news:udTNFreyGHA.284@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl,
> Jack B. <jackb@withoutmail_REMOVE.com> typed:
>> Hi all,
>> appologies for this stupid post, but I need a help.
>> Our company are using SBS 2003 SP1 with POP3 connector. That means our
>> Exchange (from SBS) collect POP3 mails from our ISP's network. I have
>> a part of experience with exchange setup (message delivery, recipient
>> policies, administer mailbox stores...).
>>
>> Now, we bought static IP address and we'd like to publish Exchange on
>> Internet with our FQDN (e-mails). Windows 2003 Server environment;
>> AD, DNS, ISA2004, Exchange 2003 Std or Ent.
>>
>> Please give me any suggestion or web page for begining - how to setup
>> clean Exchange installation, necessary open ports, ...
>>
>> Thnx a lot!
>
> Hi - since you're using SBS, and SBS is All About Wizards and does a lot
> of things its own way, you might be better off posting in
> microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs.
>
> That said, I can't help with the ISA stuff, but see
> http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF002.html for info on hosting your
> own mail, and note that you'll need to re-run the Configure E-Mail &
> Internet wizard in SBS to do this. And you can't use Exchange Enterprise
> with SBS, so unless you're going to ditch SBS entirely, that isn't
> relevant. Not really relevant anyway, where your mail hosting is
> concerned.

Sorry for my mistake in first post: I'll replace SBS environment with
"clear" formating W2003 Ent. First server for AD, DNS, second for Exchange,
third for ISA 2004, and client computers...
Basicly, I can install all of these stuff, but my problem is: how to setup
and publish Exchange 2003 on static public IP (SMTP connector, .....).

Thnx again.

0
jackb (3)
8/27/2006 8:14:19 PM
As long as you have a public DNS server, add the MX record and reverse
lookup records to the public DNS
under your network advertisement and your exchange server will be adverised
on the internet.  If you are going
to activate an OWA server you can make an entry for that as well but as an
http(s) entry with reverse lookup vice
aaaaaaan MX record.

JJ

"Jack B." <jackb@withoutmail_REMOVE.com> wrote in message

> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> message news:OU7AoYfyGHA.3428@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> In news:udTNFreyGHA.284@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl,
>> Jack B. <jackb@withoutmail_REMOVE.com> typed:
>>> Hi all,
>>> appologies for this stupid post, but I need a help.
>>> Our company are using SBS 2003 SP1 with POP3 connector. That means our
>>> Exchange (from SBS) collect POP3 mails from our ISP's network. I have
>>> a part of experience with exchange setup (message delivery, recipient
>>> policies, administer mailbox stores...).
>>>
>>> Now, we bought static IP address and we'd like to publish Exchange on
>>> Internet with our FQDN (e-mails). Windows 2003 Server environment;
>>> AD, DNS, ISA2004, Exchange 2003 Std or Ent.
>>>
>>> Please give me any suggestion or web page for begining - how to setup
>>> clean Exchange installation, necessary open ports, ...
>>>
>>> Thnx a lot!
>>
>> Hi - since you're using SBS, and SBS is All About Wizards and does a lot
>> of things its own way, you might be better off posting in
>> microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs.
>>
>> That said, I can't help with the ISA stuff, but see
>> http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF002.html for info on hosting your
>> own mail, and note that you'll need to re-run the Configure E-Mail &
>> Internet wizard in SBS to do this. And you can't use Exchange Enterprise
>> with SBS, so unless you're going to ditch SBS entirely, that isn't
>> relevant. Not really relevant anyway, where your mail hosting is
>> concerned.
>
> Sorry for my mistake in first post: I'll replace SBS environment with
> "clear" formating W2003 Ent. First server for AD, DNS, second for
> Exchange, third for ISA 2004, and client computers...
> Basicly, I can install all of these stuff, but my problem is: how to setup
> and publish Exchange 2003 on static public IP (SMTP connector, .....).
>
> Thnx again.

0
chief_et (1)
8/27/2006 11:44:42 PM
Here's a good place to start:
http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_smtp.htm

--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Jack B." <jackb@withoutmail_REMOVE.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> appologies for this stupid post, but I need a help.
> Our company are using SBS 2003 SP1 with POP3 connector. That means our
> Exchange (from SBS) collect POP3 mails from our ISP's network. I have a
> part of experience with exchange setup (message delivery, recipient
> policies, administer mailbox stores...).
>
> Now, we bought static IP address and we'd like to publish Exchange on
> Internet with our FQDN (e-mails). Windows 2003 Server environment; AD,
> DNS, ISA2004, Exchange 2003 Std or Ent.
>
> Please give me any suggestion or web page for begining - how to setup
> clean Exchange installation, necessary open ports, ...
>
> Thnx a lot!

0
curspice6401 (3487)
8/28/2006 2:04:40 AM
"Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote in message
> Here's a good place to start:
> http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_smtp.htm

Thank you all the guys, I will read these documentation. Thnx again.

0
jackb (3)

hour sum setup
i am currently trying to write an automated wage sheet for my temporary workers. i have finished the sheets and most of the formulas, however i am stuck. if the temporary worker works more than 39 hours per week thay go into time and a half, this is pretty straight forward, the problem is that if they work past 2 in the morning they get night rate, so the hours they work needs to be split up into the different columns. e.g. they worked: Monday - 8 hours Tuesday - 12 hours (at Night Shift rate) Wednesday - 8 hours Thursday - 8 hours Friday - 11.5 hours (at Night Shift rate) These hours would...

Exchange Rules? #2
I'd like to know if there is a way in Exchange 2K3 (server level) to make mail go to a users junk mail folder. For example, if I have mail that comes through with the word "superstar" in the subject, can I have Exchange deliver that right to the junk mail folder on the Outlook client with no Outlook configuration? And if that's possible, can this be based on header tags as opposed to words in the subject line? I'm buying beers for whoever answers this one ;-) Dan I'm not sure that you are going to be able to achieve that level of granularity, but you do nee...

Suddenly Outlook Clients Cannot Connect To Exchange
Around 2:30 we start getting reports from users saying Outlook is telling them the Exchange server cannot be contacted. The affected users are dispersed and have no commonalities. Different OU’s, GP’s, subnets, even one of the admins was affected. By the end it looked like everyone but a handful of people were affected, but it’s hard to say as most had gone home. My computer always worked, I could log off and log back in and had no problems. If I went to another computer it wouldn’t work. Some users we tested with would log off, log back in and it would stop working. We restarted everything ...

GP 10 Setup Values
Just started using GP10. When transferring an order to invoicing, is there a setup default that automatically checks the "Include totals and deposits" box on the transfer order to invoice screen?? Thanks, Dick, There is no way to do this out-of-the-box. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Want to use Crystal Reports with GP? http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com "Dick at VPI" <DickatVPI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90474D10-C2D8-4D80-8307-20644D0B93DD@microsoft.com... > Just...

No Protocol Logs In Exchange 2007
I'm trying to troubleshoot a relaying problem and need to enable protocol logging on the receive connecter. I have set the logging on the connecter logging to verbose by going through the shell but when I check the default location for where the logs should be the directory is empty. I have not modifed where these logs should be located so they should be in the default location. I have checked the permissions on the directory and seem to be correct. What do I need to do so I can see the log files? Try restarting the transport service (MSExchangeTransport).. ? -- Bharat Suneja MV...

easy one
I have created a distribution list in AD. I want to be able to add a public folder into this distribtion list using the groups tab in the properties of the distribution group. When I try to do this I do not see public folders listed as objects in the AD. -- Syracuse NY a public folder is not a group...you need to unhide the public folder from the Global Address List, then you can add it as a member of the group... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Quez69" <Quez69@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D0A2380-833D-4024-9B75-40FD4E7822CC@microsoft.com... > I have...

Exchnage 2000 Server based receipts
Greetings, Would like to have my exchange 2000 server send a customized reciept to customers when the message arrives at my server. I would also like to have it append a legal notice on all outgoing messages. Can this be done natively? Are there any decent third party products that will allow me to meet both my primary and secondary goals? Thanks, Mark ...

Track Public Folders
Does anyone know of a way to track who and what has been done to a public folder?? I have a client who insists that he didn't delete a public folder, but I can't find proof. ...

How do i setup e.mail account in office 2003?
just bought ms office 2003 (home edit), it includes outlook 2003. For some reason the programme won't send or recieve. Can anyone give me step by step instructoin on how to set the damn thing up! Steve. did you create a profile with your account information? if so, did you press the send/receive button? if so, do you get any errors? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/new_profile.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/...

PL2 : Exchange 2003 and Queues
Hi, I have installed an Exchange 2003 server. I would like to know how can I monitor Outbound queues. e.g If I send an email from my the company domain to hotmail, would this show up as a queue instance in Exchange System Manager? An Outbound mail connector has been created in the First Routing group and 'Forward all mail through this connector to the following Smart Host' has been selected. The server has also been added as a local Bridgehead with Default SMTP Virtual Server. When I currently send an email to hotmail from my domain, it sends OK. I want to see the email pa...

How to access exchange through a firewall?
I have a MS SBS 2005 at an office that has a Redhat firewall protecting the network. The firewall is provided by a financial company and subsequently a Unix server that has sensitive financial data on it. The SBS server was an afterthought I suppose, they use it for file sharing, Exchange (using POP connectors to their domain host) and that's about it. Problem here is that there are some users that would like to access their files and email remotely as well as at the office, but I am not sure what the best way to handle this is. the financial company called me to discuss, but I am not to...

Converting from 2003 to 2000 and ending with web publication
A friend of mine and I work on a publisher project together. I have Pub. 2003 and she has Pub. 2000. When I want to email her the file, I first save it as a pub. 2000 file. Then I email the file to her. When she receives it it has turned into a web publication, but we need it to be in the print publication mode. Also, when I reopen the 2000 file on my own computer, it is in the web publication format. But I didn't convert it to this, and I don't want it. Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong. In the past this has worked perfectly fine. When I emailed the file t...

want to convert string into byte array hw i can do it
SqlConnection SqlConn = new SqlConnection(Scon); SqlDataAdapter da = new SqlDataAdapter(); DataSet ds = new DataSet(); SqlDataAdapter ADAP = new SqlDataAdapter("Select * from User1 Where Id = 3", SqlConn); //Initialize Dataset. DataSet DS = new DataSet(); //Fill dataset with ImagesStore table. ADAP.Fill(DS, "User1"); //string filename = GridView1.Rows[GridView1.SelectedIndex] ["FileName"]; string filename = DS.Tables["User1"].Rows[0]...

Public folders and Exchange 2003 infrastructure
Hi all, Ok, I need some advices about Exchange 2003 infrastructure and public folders. We have right now a kind of database store in a public folder. Every time a user try a deep search in this public folder, all access to email for other users become slow. > I have tought that I could add a 2nd exchange server to store the public folder, so the process of looking for an item will not interfere with the other users > is it a good idea ? What could be the best solution in my case ? > Also, if the public folder is store on server B and email folders on serverA, could users from ServerA ...

DST Patch for Exchange 2000
I understand MS point of view on this patch. I don't like it -- but I understand. Does anyone know of a third party with a solution for this problem? -- Bettie This whole situation STINKS ON ICE. If I find this patch ANYWHERE for EXCHANGE 2000, I am posting it for FREE everywhere I can. MS BLOWS for trying to get upwards of $4000 for a patch they know they needed 2 years ago when the law passed in 2005. What a way to get you to upgrade. This will only cause smaller companies to use RENEGADE copies of the newer software and MS will end up missing out on a whole lot more than the $...

Export data from a MPP file to Project server
Does anyone know how to export the data from a MS project .mpp file into Project Server 2007 ? The best way to do this is to connect to Project Server with Project Professional and choose Tools > Enterprise Options > Import Project to Enterprise Follow the steps in the wizard. -- Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com "jc23" <jc23@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB37B9C1-439C-4626-B67D-09FA26E973BE@microsoft.com... &g...

exchange migration #5
I am migration from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003. Whe I tell the new exchang 2003 to join the existing exchange 5.5 the install finishes succussfully but it does not have the 5.5 server in the systeme manager nor does the exchange 2003 server show up in the 5.5 admin. all servvices are running and the adc was install. any ideas. is there a way to maunally connect ot the 5.5 server? "Eddie" <Eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am migration from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003. Whe I tell the new exchang >2003 to join the existing exchange 5.5 the install finis...

New Exchange 2003 mailboxes not accessible via OWA 5.5
We successfully migrated our old mail server with Exchange 5.5/Windows 2000 to a new mail server running Exchange 2003/Windows 2003. All * old * user accounts and mailboxes are working fine and are accessible as before via our unchanged OWA 5.5 on our unchanged Windows 2000 web server (we currently do have not the resources to upgrade this server as well). The problem is that after adding some * new * users to Windows 2003 / Exchange 2003 these users cannot access their mailboxes via OWA 5.5 as they receive the following error after successful authentication: "The Microsoft Exchange Se...

FRX Setup problem
I am encountering a problem when trying setup FRX with GP.I have installed it on the server and need to setup the thin clients.When i go through the steps it will not recognise the path where FRX is installed on the server.I followed the steps to the letter, what could the problem be? What version of FRx? You can always post your FRx questions to the FRx forum http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/Newsgroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.frx&lang=en&cr=US. They are some really good folks out in that newsgroup that are better equipped to deal wit...

Account setup: Test Account Setting always works
.... sending within outlook always fails. In both cases I am sending to the same external email address. Error message reads: "The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server" Now - I can understand that I may be having outbound authentication problems - but why does the test make it through then? Thanks for any help! -cf On 26 Jan 2005 13:26:38 -0800, coldfact@gmail.com wrote: > ... sending within outlook always fails. In both cases I am sending to > the same external email address. Error message reads: "The operation > timed out waiti...

Exchange 2003 Backup and Restore Plan
I am currently administering an Exchange 2003 server that is bursting at the seems. Mainly I am running out of Hard Drive space, and I need to upgrade this. I need to know if there is a white paper or tutorial on how to forklift an Exchange installation on the same computer after an upgrade. I need to format hard drives and recreate array's with larger drives and then restore my Exchange installation back to newly reformatted server. Thanks in advance. --Jesus On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 15:24:03 -0700, "chuy" <chuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am currently ...

Many log file in Exchange
My Exchange 2003 is generating seven 5MB log files per minute. How to fix it? What are you comparing this to? Log files are generated for each transaction (e-mail) that Exchange processes. Are you sure that someone hasn't just sent an e-mail with a very large attachment? What do your queues look like in Exchange? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "Gary" <gary.uber@pearlabrasive.com> wrote in message news:38B1C1DC-E217-493A-B6F7-3F4652CEA4C1@microsoft.com... > My Exc...

Move mailbox to different AD user account? (Exchange 2003)
I have created myself a new username in AD, now I want to move my mailbox from my old account to this one, how can I do this? In the old Exchange 5.5 it was so easy, I can't see a way of doing this in Exchange 2003 SP1. On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 12:30:16 -0800, "SW" <SW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have created myself a new username in AD, now I want to move my mailbox >from my old account to this one, how can I do this? In the old Exchange 5.5 >it was so easy, I can't see a way of doing this in Exchange 2003 SP1. http://support.microsoft.com/defa...

Windows cannot print due to a problem with the current setup
I cannot print from any MS office 2007 application on either printer I have (Xerox and HP). This leads me to believe it is an MS Office problem and not a problem with the printers and/or companies. I have a new computer running Win 7 64 bit and I can print from any application that is not Office (Adobe, Photoshop…) I get this error message: “Windows cannot print due to a problem with the current setup” It then gives some standard things to try (check the cable, check the spool..) but none of them work. I have seen many other posts from other users that have said they have a si...

How to setup such that outgoing mail goes to certain receipients
Our corporate hierachy is such that bosses get copies of subordinate emails. we use the forwarding address feature to accomplish. This is for incoming . What can I do about outgoing mail? bosses will like an automatic copy of outgoing mail as well. short of letting bosses open up the mailboxes of subordinate staff, is there a better way? (while keeping single instance storage) Journaling is the way to go, however he will then receive email from every single user inbound and outbound ---------------------------------------------- Martin Tuip MVP Exchange Exchange 2000 List owner www...