Subject: test

Sent: 10/17/2006 3:02 PM

Craig Meyer on 10/17/2006 3:05 PM

The message failed to be submitted because the storage limit for the mailbox
that is submitting the message has been exceeded.

SERvername

I need a solution here.Pls help me.Is there no way that i can up the size of
her mailbox.

"Express" <expressremovethis@tourismcapetown.co.za> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> I have exc2003 and xp pro. Our big boss had her mails in a .pst. her
size
> was 2.5GB. this was a archived folder. She had a mailbox on the
exchange
> with a limit of 100MB. I had to move all her mail to the exchange
mailbox.
> If i want to change her mailbox size exchange says that the max size
in KB
> is 2097151. If i enter this as her size she cannot send and get this
> message...

Try this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555559

Lee.

--
_______________________________________

Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
www.owapda.com
email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m
_______________________________________

0
Lee
10/17/2006 1:41:43 PM
go to ADUC where this important user is...go to properties of that particular
user ...Exchange General.....Storage limits..uncheck "use mailbox store
defaults"..and give the size you want to give for this particular user..it
must help..

Regards,
Mukesh

"Lee Derbyshire [MVP]" <email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m> wrote in
message news:%230p49Hf8GHA.3960@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> "Express" <expressremovethis@tourismcapetown.co.za> wrote in message
> > Hi all
> >
> > I have exc2003 and xp pro. Our big boss had her mails in a .pst.
her
> size
> > was 2.5GB. this was a archived folder. She had a mailbox on the
> exchange
> > with a limit of 100MB. I had to move all her mail to the exchange
> mailbox.
> > If i want to change her mailbox size exchange says that the max
size
> in KB
> > is 2097151. If i enter this as her size she cannot send and get
this
> > message...
> > Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Ah, no - it sets a larger limit in ESM, but still doesn't allow you to
set a larger size in ADUC.  Perhaps you can just leave the mailbox
with no limits set at all?  I.e. just uncheck the first checkbox in
ADUC Limits, but don't type any numbers in?

Lee.

0
Lee
10/17/2006 1:53:51 PM
"Lee Derbyshire [MVP]" <email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m> wrote in
message news:ehCXvOf8GHA.2288@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> "Lee Derbyshire [MVP]" <email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m> wrote
in
> message news:%230p49Hf8GHA.3960@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> > "Express" <expressremovethis@tourismcapetown.co.za> wrote in
message
> > > Hi all
> > >
> > > I have exc2003 and xp pro. Our big boss had her mails in a .pst.
> her
> > size
> > > was 2.5GB. this was a archived folder. She had a mailbox on the
> > exchange
> > > with a limit of 100MB. I had to move all her mail to the
exchange
> > mailbox.
> > > If i want to change her mailbox size exchange says that the max
> size
> > in KB
> > > is 2097151. If i enter this as her size she cannot send and get
> this
> > > message...
> > > Your message did not reach some or all of the intended
recipients.

I just discovered that you can set a limit at the user level in ADSI
Edit.  The user object has similarly named properties:

mDBStorageQuota for change the value of Issue warning at(KB)
mdbOverQuotaLimit for change the value of Prohibit send at (KB)
mDBOverHardQuotaLimit for change the value of Prohibit send and
receive at (KB)

Just look for the user object in Domain\Users .

Lee.

0
Lee
10/17/2006 1:59:04 PM
Got it.  You need to go into ADUC first, and clear the 'Use Defaults'
checkbox.  Then use ADSI Edit to set the higher limits if you want to.

0
Lee
10/17/2006 2:02:33 PM
Or do not set limits at all.

--

Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.

Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org
Free Internet calling - www.skype.com
Free SQL database Firebird - full support for transaction control,
triggers, stored procedures, partial SQL-99 compliance
http://www.ibphoenix.com/main.nfs?a=ibphoenix&s=1142758270:704186&page=what_is_interbase
Free graphic image manipulation program - www.gimp.org
0
kpalagin (1838)
10/17/2006 4:43:40 PM
Thanks guys for all the help. I was obviously heavily depressed yesterday as
this mailbox was giving me problems. Firstly i set it on the max size (2GB)
but it was stil to small. She couldn't send or receive mail. Secondly i saw
in a article that you can use a certain tool to "overwrite " the limits for
exchange mailbox but because it wasn't supported by Microsoft i did not dare
to touch it and the fact that i was working with the most important person's
mail in our company.

I didn't know that i can just uncheck all the boxes and do not have to set
limits. So what i did was to archive all her sent items (approx 10
000mails ).Her mailbox is currently on 1.7GB. Just check Active Directory
now and saw the first box is unchecked. Issue a warning is check on and the
size specified is the max size

Are you 100% sure that if i leave the "Use mailbox store defaults " uncheck
then she does not have a limit on the mailbox and can store as much as she
wants to.

"Kirill Palagin" <kpalagin@no.phxint.mail.ru> wrote in message
> Or do not set limits at all.
>
> Express wrote:
>> Hi all
>>
>> I have exc2003 and xp pro. Our big boss had her mails in a .pst. her size
>> was 2.5GB. this was a archived folder. She had a mailbox on the exchange
>> with a limit of 100MB. I had to move all her mail to the exchange
>> mailbox. If i want to change her mailbox size exchange says that the max
>> size in KB is 2097151. If i enter this as her size she cannot send and
>> get this message...
>> Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Reasonably sure. Go ahead and uncheck everything.

Express wrote:
> Thanks guys for all the help. I was obviously heavily depressed yesterday as
> this mailbox was giving me problems. Firstly i set it on the max size (2GB)
> but it was stil to small. She couldn't send or receive mail. Secondly i saw
> in a article that you can use a certain tool to "overwrite " the limits for
> exchange mailbox but because it wasn't supported by Microsoft i did not dare
> to touch it and the fact that i was working with the most important person's
> mail in our company.
>
> I didn't know that i can just uncheck all the boxes and do not have to set
> limits. So what i did was to archive all her sent items (approx 10
> 000mails ).Her mailbox is currently on 1.7GB. Just check Active Directory
> now and saw the first box is unchecked. Issue a warning is check on and the
> size specified is the max size
>
> Are you 100% sure that if i leave the "Use mailbox store defaults " uncheck
> then she does not have a limit on the mailbox and can store as much as she
> wants to.
>

> "Kirill Palagin" <kpalagin@no.phxint.mail.ru> wrote in message
>> Or do not set limits at all.
>>
>> Express wrote:
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> I have exc2003 and xp pro. Our big boss had her mails in a .pst. her size
>>> was 2.5GB. this was a archived folder. She had a mailbox on the exchange
>>> with a limit of 100MB. I had to move all her mail to the exchange
>>> mailbox. If i want to change her mailbox size exchange says that the max
>>> size in KB is 2097151. If i enter this as her size she cannot send and
>>> get this message...
>>> Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

10/18/2006 9:03:17 AM
Will do so, thanks

> Reasonably sure. Go ahead and uncheck everything.
>
> Express wrote:
>> Thanks guys for all the help. I was obviously heavily depressed yesterday
>> as this mailbox was giving me problems. Firstly i set it on the max size
>> (2GB) but it was stil to small. She couldn't send or receive mail.
>> Secondly i saw in a article that you can use a certain tool to "overwrite
>> " the limits for exchange mailbox but because it wasn't supported by
>> Microsoft i did not dare to touch it and the fact that i was working with
>> the most important person's mail in our company.
>>
>> I didn't know that i can just uncheck all the boxes and do not have to
>> set limits. So what i did was to archive all her sent items (approx 10
>> 000mails ).Her mailbox is currently on 1.7GB. Just check Active Directory
>> now and saw the first box is unchecked. Issue a warning is check on and
>> the size specified is the max size
>>
>> Are you 100% sure that if i leave the "Use mailbox store defaults "
>> uncheck then she does not have a limit on the mailbox and can store as
>> much as she wants to.
>>

>> "Kirill Palagin" <kpalagin@no.phxint.mail.ru> wrote in message
>>> Or do not set limits at all.

so what is the status now..!!!
is it fine now buddy..

Regards,
Mukesh

"Express" wrote:

> Will do so, thanks
>
> "Kirill Palagin" <kpalagin@no.phxint.mail.ru> wrote in message
> > Reasonably sure. Go ahead and uncheck everything.
> >
> > Express wrote:
> >> Thanks guys for all the help. I was obviously heavily depressed yesterday
> >> as this mailbox was giving me problems. Firstly i set it on the max size
> >> (2GB) but it was stil to small. She couldn't send or receive mail.
> >> Secondly i saw in a article that you can use a certain tool to "overwrite
> >> " the limits for exchange mailbox but because it wasn't supported by
> >> Microsoft i did not dare to touch it and the fact that i was working with
> >> the most important person's mail in our company.
> >>
> >> I didn't know that i can just uncheck all the boxes and do not have to
> >> set limits. So what i did was to archive all her sent items (approx 10
> >> 000mails ).Her mailbox is currently on 1.7GB. Just check Active Directory
> >> now and saw the first box is unchecked. Issue a warning is check on and
> >> the size specified is the max size
> >>
> >> Are you 100% sure that if i leave the "Use mailbox store defaults "
> >> uncheck then she does not have a limit on the mailbox and can store as
> >> much as she wants to.
> >>

> >> "Kirill Palagin" <kpalagin@no.phxint.mail.ru> wrote in message

we'll firstly thanks for asking. Secondly i did archive her sent items into
a pst which took her mailbox size to 1.85GB. I did uncheck evrything. maybe
i must move all her mails back into her exchange mailbox (which will took
her size pass 2G) and then see what happens

What do you think?

"MukeshSrivastava" <MukeshSrivastava@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:7BAD57F8-9362-4AC4-A591-FF481B7C406E@microsoft.com...
> so what is the status now..!!!
> is it fine now buddy..
>
> Regards,
> Mukesh
>
> "Express" wrote:
>
>> Will do so, thanks
>>
>> "Kirill Palagin" <kpalagin@no.phxint.mail.ru> wrote in message
>> > Reasonably sure. Go ahead and uncheck everything.

Accented Characters Problem

Outlook 2003 Shared mailbox notification sounds
Hi there, I am running outlook 2003 and am accessing a shared mailbox (for technical support for multiple technicians) I want to know how I can create a rule that will run on that shared mailbox to pop up a notification / make a sound whenever a new email comes in. I have tried the most logicial ones I can think of, but no luck. Please help :) thank you! Hawkz <nicko@ezysurf.co.nz> wrote: > I am running outlook 2003 and am accessing a shared mailbox (for > technical support for multiple technicians) > > I want to know how I can create a rule that will run on that...

Access Mailboxes
I am trying to access some mailboxes on our Exchange 2000 Server. I have gone into AD and gave myself full mailbox priveleges. When I add the mailbox to my outlook I am still getting a unable to display folders error message. Any suggestions? did you follow this? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;262054 "Patricia" <harcourtmudd@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uThcXPXgFHA.3936@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I am trying to access some mailboxes on our Exchange 2000 Server. I have > gone into AD and gave myself full mailbox priveleges. When ...

Reinstall problems...
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Okay so...my imac crashed a couple days ago so I rebooted the drive...mostly just resetting permission etc... When I restarted and logged in, any office program opened would crash promptly. So I uninstalled and reinstalled, only realizing that I had no removed the licensing info. When reinstalled using product key on box it will crashes, saying "..had to close unexpectedly", can't make head nor tails of the crash report. But this is my question: We have to boxes with product keys and four macs. Are we abl...

Huge file size
I have a excel file that has all of a sudden grown to a huge size 19,278,336 . It is stock market data with a worksheet for each year of data (1968 to 2004). So 35 worksheets. For years it has always run about 1.8 meg. Just this year it has all of a sudden grown with no real difference in the data I add each day. Each row has 9 columns of data advances, declines, etc. There are 21 columns that make calculations based on the preceding 9 columns. But years 1968 - 2003 just have data, not formulas. I converted the cells to numbers from formulas. And I had several charts, but I de...

Problem writing to 2nd table w/ 1st table's key
Hi everyone. I'm as new to VBA as you can get. Please bear this in mind when viewing my code. I'm self teaching myself and its not going so well. Anyhow, I was hoping that someone could explain what I'm doing wrong. I'm working on a small checklist program that were using out in the field to perform safety inspections. I set my database up similar to an ordering system in that I have a table named Inspections which I'm storing the building and owner data & another table named DeficiencyDetail where I'm attempting to store each separate deficiency. An inspecti...

Slight Problem
I have the following code but when the cancel button on my input box is pressed the "invalid password" message is still displayed. Can someone help so when the cancel button is pressed then that is exactly what happens, the input box is cancelled. Dim MyStr1 As String, MyStr2 As String MyStr2 = ("engineering") MyStr1 = InputBox("Please Enter The Required Password") If MyStr1 = MyStr2 Then Sheets("Sheet2").Select Range("A9").Select Else MsgBox "Incorrect Password. Access Denied", vbCritical Range...

Contacts problem #4
How can I move a public folders contact list to show under the Contacts dropdown list in Outlook 2003? Right click the public folder. Choose properties. On the Outlook Address Book tab click the checkbox that says "show this folder as an outlook address book". -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza http://www.cardozasolutions.com "Peter Downes" <pjtdow...

Out of Office Problems
Hi all we are currently running Outlook 2002 on our office computers through an Exchange 2000 Server. When the Out of Office box is enabled I have setup a rule to send any received messages to my internal and external email account. Outlook sends the message to my internal account and another message sais that the same message has been "Autoforwarded to my hotmail account" but I never receive it. I dont think the message has been sent. Does anyone have any ideas on how to correct this probelm. Regards Anthony Foster Exchange, in its default installation, disables r...

merge problem
mail merge in word 2003 can't seem to open the data source in Outlook would much apreciate help on this Hi! I think that "Data Source" should be database or Excel file (and so on), and Outlook can provide "Mail Merge Recipients" only. Alexander Gorlach, MAPILab Ltd. http://www.mapilab.com/ > -----Original Message----- > From: jon landaw [mailto:john@landaw.com] > Posted At: Friday, July 23, 2004 6:30 PM > Posted To: microsoft.public.outlook > Conversation: merge problem > Subject: merge problem > > mail merge in word 2003 can't seem to...

Problem w/ Format Picture (size)
I'm starting a new PP 2003 presentation -- In Slide Show/Set Up Show, Slide show resolution is set to 1024x768. Now, I insert a Picture from file (1024x768 jpg image). The image comes in centered, but at 640x480. So, I left-click image, open Format Picture option, select Size tab, check "Best scale for slide show" and change resolution from 640x480 to 1024x768. Image is now correct size, but partially deflected out of work space. So, I go to Position tab and move the left corner to 0,0. At last, the image is properly sized and placed. But when I add a new slide, ...

User Problems
I created most of the users using the web interface... Made some of them administrators using the web interface.... all should be good.... when they want to make changes, I told them to go to the Deployment manager... but they get "snap in failed to initialize"... other problems, is when they want to promote an email to an activity in SFO, they aren't auto filled into the from field, They are quite annoyed by this. Just to test things out I added a user using the deployment manager, and it seems that that user is able to do these things... Any help would be nice... Tony ...

problem: cells with pictures
Hi, I copy a table from a web page, and paste it into excel. Now I want to do some calculation with the cells. The problem is that one column contains a small picture within every cell - so when I'm trying to perform any formula on that celss I get error... What can I do ? 10X ! -- yaniv_av ------------------------------------------------------------------------ yaniv_av's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26558 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=398298 Do you want the pictures? If not, you can find the t...

strange problem with serial communication
Hi, all I met a big trouble. I am using MFC and multi-thread to write a serial port communication program. Each time I send a string, I alwayse get part of it. For example , I send a string of 120 characters, what I receive is a string which contains only top 8 or 16 or 24 or 32 characters. I cannot receive the same string at all. I've tried different baud rate, including 19200,9600, but all failed. Below is part of my code. ///////////////////////////////////////////////////// BOOL CSerial::SendData( const char *buffer, int size ) { DWORD dwNumByteWritten; if(!WriteFile(m_hIDComDev,bu...

Gary: Still OpenText method slow problem
Hi,Gary! I can't find the mail now, so you can send me back under this. Thanks! BRGs ben Hi Ben, Do you mean you could not find your post again? If so, the following is my latest message to that post: "I got the opinion from our Office specialist, such behavior is as expected. There would be some parsing overhead for a CSV file as opposed to a native XLS file. and as you get larger CSV file to open, the parse time does not increase in a linear fashion, it appears due to all the recursive logic in the parsing routines." Thanks! Best regards, Gary Chang Microsoft ...

A Huge Opportunity . . .
Hello. On April 1, 2007, a new concept in Computer Support will be rolled out across the United States and Europe. We believe that PC-VIP will turn the market for support services to the SMB space <i>ON IT'S EAR</i>. We are looking for qualified support professionals to act as field personnel in New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Miami, Austin, Seattle, and Washington DC, as well as in Paris France and Brussels, Belgium, immediately. The money is big, and no kidding, this will be so big that it's entirely likely that anyone who isn't "with us&qu...

Mailbox Manager #6
I am looking to use MS Mailbox Manager for retention policies on Exchange. I initially looked in to this utility when I was running Exchange 5.5 on Windows NT 4 and running it in audit mode it seemed to work great. Management nixed the plan so it was never fully implemented. Now, after reaching our 16GB IS store limit with Exchange 5.5 Standard Edition is has become a priority to put this in effect. The problem I know have is that we have moved Exchange 5.5 to a Windows 2000 Server and during the install of Mailbox Manager it fails at the service account password. Are there known issues wit...

Huge file size
If I add an image to my Pub 2002 publication, the file size increases (that's normal)--but if I remove the image, the file size does NOT decrease---it remains the same. Apparently, it is cumulative---right now I am working with a Godzilla 339MB file size. Even if I remove all of my images from the publication, and I have nothing but text, the file size remains huge. Can anything be done to decrease the file size of an existing publication? Dave Block Tech Writer Long Island, NY Dave Block <DaveBlock@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > If I add ...

HD problem
A few days ago my backup software wouldn't work, it gave a message: "Failed to read from the sector 63 of hard disk". I ran Windows Chkdsk and it found no problems. The software worked until three days later and it had the same problem. I ran Chkdsk again, still found no problems. Then it worked again until two days later, when I got the same message. Is the HD about to go bad? Will formatting it help? Or it is time to get a new HD before it dies? -- Replace you know what by j to email Jan Philips wrote: > A few days ago my backup software wouldn't w...

sent to problem
When I go into my documents and right click on a word doc and select send to mail recipient Outlook express would try to open up and configure even though I am using outlook on an exchange 2k3 platform. I removed outlook express but now it does nothing when I select the send to mail recipient. Any suggestions on how to mail outlook 2k3 the default would be appreciated. In ie 7 I have outlook selected as I can send pages through outlook from ie but not when I right click on a word doc - or any file and select the send to command ...

deleting mailbox, quick question....
win/exch 2003 (or 2000) when you delete a mailbox enabled account in AD the box that says "mark this mailbox as safe to delete" (or something like that) is greyed out and always checked.... is there a way to make it so you can UNcheck that? no...when you delete the account, the mailbox goes with it...cannot have a mailbox in Exchange 2000/2003 and AD without an account... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Jimmy" <j@j.j> wrote in message news:eY6vmBHzGHA.4932@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > win/exch 2003 (or 2000) > > when you delete a mailbox enabled account in AD...

What is an .swp file? And why is it so huge?
131,072kb And is it a friend or foe? It's a file that Windows creates. Think of it as a way to leave files out on the desk so you can find them easier. When you reboot, the file will shrink, then grow again as you work. In other words, it's normal. Melissa "Carol" <carol@willapabay.org> wrote in message news:129cf01c3f6a8$b3e2f500$a001280a@phx.gbl... > 131,072kb > > And is it a friend or foe? Carol wrote: > 131,072kb > > And is it a friend or foe? What has this to do with Publisher?! If a file is large enough to exhaust your computer'...

SOP invoice posting problems
I am getting 2 errors message upon printing the Sales Edit List. I am using the Integration Manager to bring in the invoice data. (1) One or more line items contains warings or errors (2) Distribution account(s) are missing or invalid. I have already verifty that the accounts are set up in the Item Account Maintenance and Posting Set Up. The Distribution Entry window also displays the correct account numbers. How can I resolve this error messages in order to post the invoice to the RM and GL Thanks When you look at the SOP distributions before posting a transaction what you will N...

Recall of e-mail message problem
HELP! I tried to recall an e-mail message which I sent to three people. Unfortunately, I keep receiving an error message of "failure retreive message". I must have received that message 20 times. It is driving me nuts! How do I stop that message coming and filling up my mailbox. Talk to your Exchange Admin. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no an...

moving mailbox failed
I took the plunge and decided to move mailboxes. The second mailbox I moved failed. I have 2 exchange 2003 servers fully patched. On the source exchange server I get event ids 8507 and 8505. On the destination exchange server I get event ids 1006, 9172, and 1008. These errors are close to article 839217. I got the hot fix but I can not install it because it says I have too high of service pack. Any suggestions. ...