How to send alert to mobile device when new mail arrives?

Gurus,

I have a user who is member of a mail-enabled distribution group. She would
like to recieve an alert or notification on her mobile whenever mail is
recieved through this group address. How can I accomplish this?

I'm using Exchange 2003 SP2 on Server2003.

Thanks,

-Michael
0
Holo20 (45)

On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 16:18:02 -0700, Holo20
<Holo20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Gurus,
>
>I have a user who is member of a mail-enabled distribution group. She would
>like to recieve an alert or notification on her mobile whenever mail is
>recieved through this group address. How can I accomplish this?
>
>I'm using Exchange 2003 SP2 on Server2003.
>
>Thanks,
>
>-Michael

Why not simply forward the email to her device?
0
adavid (8731)
8/3/2006 11:28:24 PM
Holo20 <Holo20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a user who is member of a mail-enabled distribution group. She would
>like to recieve an alert or notification on her mobile whenever mail is
>recieved through this group address. How can I accomplish this?
>
>I'm using Exchange 2003 SP2 on Server2003.

Create a mail-enabled Contact and assign it the "text address" of the
phone. Add the Contact to the Distribution Group.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Resolution to printing mail merge 4 up
Here is what I had to do in order to print postcards 4 up mail merged properly so that each name is on their own card. I am using Publisher 2003 so I don't know if this will work in other versions. Using the Tools>Mail Merge Wizard, Set up the mail merge the way you want it to appear (steps 1 thru 4). Only stop at step 4 DO NOT continue to step 5. Go to File>Print Merge At this point you can select the printer, properties etc as well as change copies per sheet and print range or all. This seems to work and will place a different name/address on each card on that page. I ...

No message in outbox

Sending a macro to another PC-how?

Word as Outlook e-mail editor
I'm using Windows XP and Microsoft Office XP standard, 2002 version. Word has always been my e-mail editor, but today when I tried to respond to an e-mail I got the following message: "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead." After a delay, the form opens, but when I click "Send," Outlook crashes. Any suggestions? ...

Sending mail from remote location

Send and Recieve Fix

Unable to send?

mail size restriction
how to restrict the maximum size of message is 2MB for all user to send through my exchange server 5.5 both local and ims You can set restrictions on the IMS,. Local user restrictions in 5.5 are a bit more tricky. However, by forcing messages through the MTA and applying the limits on the MTA, you can accomplish that as well. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\ParametersSystem Value : No Local Delivery Type: DWORD Value: 0x1 Test of course! On Sat, 1 May 2004 22:37:43 -0700, "jameel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >...

Sending messages in Outlook

Good practise
THanks for your reply. Wil this be fine even if my users have mailboxes round about 1GB. My GM's mailbox is 4GB. Can i start moving the mails back to the exchange DB and how will it affect the performance of my exchange box.Thank you craig >I suggest applying Exchange SP2, editing registry to allow DB size to >accommodate your storage needs and increasing storage limits. >After all, .psts are kept on the server too, taking space. Message in >.pst needs the same or more disk space than in Exchange DB. Also the >same message sent to many recipients stored in Exchange DB...

New Beta Sort Fix
Is the sort in newsgroup posts fixed where the original post in the thread is always at the bottom of the thread? Thx I've complained loudly about the new sorting arrangement, but there's been no response from the WLM team. I don't use Conversations view. When I sort by Subject-ascending, the secondary sort (among messages with the same Subject) is by Date-descending or Sent-descending. This is contrary to how I work and how Wave 3 had it, by Date/Sent-ascending. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ------------------------------------------------------ &q...

RE: How do I get my new dialog box to invoke when I press New Menu Item
Hi All, 1. Machine and OS specifications I have Windows XP running Office XP Standard Edition. These software packages are installed on my dell Inspiron laptop. I have 128 MB RAM with a 40 GB HardDrive. 2. Problem In excel, when I pressed the New menu item, a dialog box would appear displaying all of the known templates. Now, only a new worksheet appears. I would like for the dialog to appear again. Can someone tell me how to get the dialog box back displaying all of my templates? d, The default New button has always generated a new workbook, no dialog box. There's ano...

No Permission to Send/Receive Email???

Cannot create a new X.400 connector
This has me completely perplexed, so I think I must be missing something simple. I am working with a pair of servers on the same domain. One is a DC and the other is a DC and Exchange 2003 server. For our outdated training purposes in the Air Force, we need to configure the MTA, which as I have read from exchange 5.5 to 2003 has become the x.400 stack. Everything I've read in the help says that you can create connectors by right-clicking on the X.400 Stack and going to NEW, but that option never shows up. Is there something that I'm missing that all the other protocols will...

Publisher Mail Merge Stapling Printer Problems
Problem: When printing a mail merged document and collating / stapling it, it puts 2 merged documents together rather than printing / folding 1 and then the next record. In Publisher 2003 / 2002 we were able to use KB article #891904 to put a registry value in to solve the problem. In Publisher 2007 however, there is not a fix posted and the previous fix does not work - at least not one that I know of. I have tried all of the usual searches, GOOGLE, MSFT KB, etc. but the articles that do acknowledge 2007 is on the market do not have a fix for it yet. Even KB891904 does not have ...

Send Do Not Send

Forwarding Mail to an external Address
I receive email as I am a member of a distribution group. I want to set a rule up in Outlook to automatically forward items addressed to that distribution group, to an external email address. Is this possible? I tried to set up the rule, but could not get it to work. Thanks On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 17:17:01 -0700, RayRedSoxFan <RayRedSoxFan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I receive email as I am a member of a distribution group. I want to set a >rule up in Outlook to automatically forward items addressed to that >distribution group, to an external email address. Is this p...

my new forum about loans
http://groups.google.com/group/tl2ucom or you can visit my new site http://tl2u.com I will add much information about loans.So welcome to my site ...

Clicking on new mail notification does not open email
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0053_01CACB73.FC871830 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I finally upgraded from WLM 2 to 3 (14.0.8089.0726) this afternoon (Win = XP SP2). When I get a new mail notification via Messenger and click on = it the email does not open. I have to go to the inbox to open it. Any = ideas? Kevin ------=_NextPart_000_0053_01CACB73.FC871830 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTY...

What was Outlook sending?

Linking spreadsheets and creating new lines of data
I just finished creating a very large workbook with over twelve years of daily market data. The first spreadsheet in the workbook contains historical data of 16 market indicators. The next 15 spreasheets use data from the 16 market indicators found on the first spreadsheet. I'm trying to automate the process I go through daily updating the spreadsheets with the most current data. For example, say tomorrow morning I manually entered todays S&P 500 Closing Price in cell A4051 on the first spreadsheet. The second spreadsheet has several formulas that use the number entered in cell A...

How to set up your mobile device to work with CRM 3.0 Mobile
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C66980.821C2210 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The most common heard problem on how to setup your PDA to work with CRM = 3.0 Mobile is how to connect to the different network environments. In most scenarios you don't want to expose your CRM server to a direct = internet connection, but you want your employees to connect via a more = secure VPN connection. We have published a walkthrough on how to setup the different network = connection on your...

Sending on behalf... Exchange 2003