How to restrict emailing to internal users only for certain mailbox in Exchange 2003?

--
Danny

From ADUC you can go to the Exchange tabs and control who is allowed to send
to a mailbox.  Setting it to "authenticated users" should accomplish what
you want.  There are probably other ways as well.

-GT
"Danny Hoon" <danny.hoon@phoonhuat.com> wrote in message
> How to restrict emailing to internal users only for certain mailbox in
> Exchange 2003?
>

> --
> Danny

0
GT
3/5/2005 3:03:55 AM
Thanks but doesn't that only prevent the user from receiving from un-auth
users? They will be will able to send out of our domain right?

--
Danny

"GT" <DSS4u@+++nospam+++HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in message
> From ADUC you can go to the Exchange tabs and control who is allowed to
> send to a mailbox.  Setting it to "authenticated users" should accomplish
> what you want.  There are probably other ways as well.
>
> -GT
> "Danny Hoon" <danny.hoon@phoonhuat.com> wrote in message
>> How to restrict emailing to internal users only for certain mailbox in
>> Exchange 2003?
>>

>> --
>> Danny

Sorry, I read your post wrong.  I thought you were trying to only allow
internal users to send to a particular mailbox.  To restrict a user so that
they cannot send outside is usually done by creating an SMTP connector to
the Internet (if you haven't already), and use the delivery restrictions on
it to deny the user.

> Thanks but doesn't that only prevent the user from receiving from un-auth
> users? They will be will able to send out of our domain right?
>
> --
> Danny
>
> "GT" <DSS4u@+++nospam+++HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in message
>> From ADUC you can go to the Exchange tabs and control who is allowed to
>> send to a mailbox.  Setting it to "authenticated users" should accomplish
>> what you want.  There are probably other ways as well.
>>
>> -GT
>> "Danny Hoon" <danny.hoon@phoonhuat.com> wrote in message
>>> How to restrict emailing to internal users only for certain mailbox in
>>> Exchange 2003?
>>>

>>> --
>>> Danny

0
GT

Access- How to log which user has modified access db?
Hi All, We have one MS Access database, which is being shared/accessed by number of users at the same moment. Few of them are admin users too who can perform update/delete/insert operations too. Now we have a requirement to log which users has perform which update operations. Is there some way, can you please advise. Thank you so much in advance, Best regards, Sunil Somani If you have User Level security enabled, you can add a column to each table and call the CurrentUser() function and add that user in the before update event of the form. Without that, you can use t...

email from Japan in Japanese
Why do I see the body of the email correctly (in Japanese) but the subject line gets one ? for each character that outlook 2002 can't decode? How do I fix this? Thanks in advance, Scott ...

"Delivered" mail not in users mailboxes
Hello! I am trying to help a friend with an Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP2 server on Windows Server 2003 SP1. Several users report randomly not getting email, yet a review of the Exchange tracking logs shows event IDs 1023 and 1028, indicating successful delivery to their mailboxes. Is there any way to examine the Information Store on a deeper level than just using Outlook for the users' accounts? I would like to be able to search the whole store to see if it ended up anywhere else. Thank you! Gregg Hill Have you tried turning on message tracking and confirming delivery that w...

Journal 2003 tracking of Project 2007 file
We currently use Office 2003 but have Project 2007. In Journal Options we've turned on "Also Record Files from Microsoft Project", but no journal entries are created (works fine for Word 2003, Excel 2003, Access 2003). We tried saving the Project file in 2000-2003 format, still no journal entry. Is it just a version issue (Project 2007 vs Office 2003) and/or is there a workaround? Thanks. Darwin Ask this in the project newsgroup where the project experts hang out On the web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft....

Outlook 2003 help setting up in/out of office users
We are looking to roll out a seamless package for users who work both in our office as well as on the road and off-line using Outlook 2003 on Exchange Server 2003. Does anyone currently use a set-up similar to this, or can anyone direct me to any resources? Thanks Try the Office Resource Kit for tools to roll out Office/Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, tk asked: | We a...

hiding users from the global address list
When trying to hide a user from the global address list in Exchange 2003, the user is still visible in the global address list. Is there an area that needs to be configured that will hide the user immediately from the global address list? Thanks.... Are the users using Outlook 2003 in cached mode, therefore an address book rebuild/download is required? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "JohnnyG" <JohnnyG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:795C4BC5-F35A-4820-B395-48C008EF6BC4@microsoft.co...

cannot send email through outlook 2002
When trying to send an email , I get cannot send encrypted email . there are no certificates found OL2002: Unable to send encrypted email when offl (SOX020313700153) TITLE: OL2002: Unable to send encrypted email when offl [SOOPENV ] Encryption continued to work; however, [2002 - W_2660 ] ID: SOX020313700153 CRT:Mar 13 2020 MOD:Mar 13 2020 STS:Cust <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>...

Restricting Input
Ok, I'm on a roll here. Could someone please tell me how to set up a cell restriction that will only allow data input if another cell is "empty" or has a certain value? Kind of like an IF function, only when "true" exists, I can input any value, and when "false" exists, I must leave it blank. Thanks in advance. Randy, you can accomplish this using data validation. Select: data-validation, then input your restriction. Randy Vieira wrote: > Ok, I'm on a roll here. Could someone please tell me how to set up a cell > restriction that will ...

OE sent emails
When I hit "send/receive", the status box showing the numbers of emails being sent (and received) actually shows MORE emails being sent than are in my outbox? I am concerned that I may have a virus, but my Norton antivirus & internet security are both up-to-date and operational, and I have also run Spybot to eliminate any spyware. Is there any trail I can follow to see what additional emails are being sent, and how they are being created? Oman <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I hit "send/receive", the status box showing the > nu...

Email address fro list
Hi, I making a spreadsheet of all the users in my company. How do I auto populate the next cell so that it takes the first name of the user and add @domain.com (domain= our email domain) so I don't have to type up all the e-mail address of my users? Thanks, Liz It depends on how your list of names is constructed, but if you have "first_name other_names" in A1 then you can do this: =3DLOWER(LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1))&"@domain.com" and copy down. You will need to decide what to do if you have two or more first names that are the same. Hope this helps. ...

Font Problem
Why does my font change unexpectedly when the email is sent in Outlook 2002? I also have all recent service packs through SP3. I use HTML. I've tried the Mail Format tab options to change the fonts to always use my fonts and set everything to 10pt arial. It still arbitrarily changes its font size for no reason somtimes. Thanks ...

Blank emails #9
What does it mean when you get a blank email in your Outlook almost every day?? It is just a little envelope and I don't open it but I get them almost daily?? PatK <vegaspatk@cox.net> wrote: > What does it mean when you get a blank email in your Outlook almost > every day?? It is just a little envelope and I don't open it but I > get them almost daily?? It often means that someone's spam-generating program is brain-dead and spewing ill-formed junk. You can create a rule that will discard any message whose body is empty. -- Brian Tillman Thank you ver...

Exchange server lost connection to domain
Exchange will not connect to the domain. Event id 4 began occuring yesterday. Attempts to reset to connection to the domain have failed. I need to know the consequences of dis-joining and re-joining a domain with Exchange running OS Win2003 Exchange 2003 Thanks Harry In news:uqgPlJW4GHA.3740@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl, harry <mackey@musc.edu> typed: > Exchange will not connect to the domain. Event id 4 began occuring > yesterday. Attempts to reset to connection to the domain have failed. > I need to know the consequences of dis-joining and re-joining a > domain with Exchan...

Move emails
Hi, I use WebDAV to move emails from one folder to another folder. The moving is ok. But some of emails still show up in the original folder. I use Outlook web Access to check, they are gone. But Outlook still has them. I run WebDAV program again and couldn't find them. Is there cache in Outlook that I need to clean it? Thanks in advance. Li ...

Unable to SEND Email
I have Outlook 2002 runnning on an XP machine (sp1). I connect to the internet with a cable modem and have no problems receiving or sending email while at home. However, while I am on the road I use a dial-up (tried Netzero and PeoplePC) and I can't *send* email. I can receive it fine but when I try and send I get a message, "Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients." I have my incoming email server set to my cable server and my outgoing set to the dial-up. Again, I can receive just fine but sending doesn't work. I have tried the help lines for ...

Certain operations EXTREMELY slow on 64 bit Vista Premium: opening file, printing,...
Certain operations are extemely slow. After I choose the command or menu item, the progress bar freezes about at the 50% point and there is no CPU or disk activity at all for over a minute. These operations have the problem: - Opening a file (even a tiny template) in CorelDraw X3 - Printing anything, on any network printer - Certain dialog boxes in certain applications Oddly, many apps seem to have no problem at all (eg Autodesk 3ds Max 2009, a 6 year old copy of Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8, etc). Also, although Coreldraw takes ages to open any file, it saves a file in normal time...

How to email directly from publisher a document in the main body .
I am tring to email a flyer that I constructed in publisher. I do not want to send it as an attachement What version of Windows, Publisher, Outlook and Outlook Express are you using? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "boxtteri" <boxtteri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E25049D9-676C-4ACD-8B6E-DFD83CB04267@microsoft.com... >I am tring to email a flyer that I constructed in publisher. I do not want >to > send it as an attache...

office student and teachers edition 2003
Is Publisher 2003 compatible with office 2003 student and teachers edition. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from don <molarrycheese2003@yahoo.com>... > Is Publisher 2003 compatible with office 2003 student and > teachers edition. Publisher 2003 will not in any way affect the running of Office 2003 Student and Teachers' Edition -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm >-----Original Message----- >Is Publisher 2...

Outlook 2003 wont send email-very weird
Greetings. Last month installed Outlook 2003(Office 2003 Teacher/Student edition) The other day I found out that email I have been sending have not really been sent. Did some tests. Email goes into outbox fine. Email sends and then goes into my sent box. BUT, it never really gets sent. I have tested this many times. All the email in my sent box never actually goes anywhere. I have setup Outlook Express and it sends email with my ISP just fine. I have done a TEST AND REPAIR to no avail I have installed all updates to no avail I have uninstalled Outlook 2003 and reinstalled it to no ava...

Error printing HTML email
Hi, I get an error trying to print emails I receive in HTML format. I am currently using outlook 2003. I hope someone can help me with the frustrating problem. Thanks Glen ...

Exchange 5.5 upgrade to Exchange 2003
I am hoping to upgrade my Exchange 5.5 organization to Exchange 2003 by using the move mailbox method. I have run the exdeploy /orgnamecheck command and received the following error. Will this cause any problems with Exchange 2003? Also, I currently run Exchange 5.5 Enterprise Edition on Windows 2000 Server Standard. Can I run Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise on Windows Server 2003 Standard? Thanks in advance, Eric Warning: Organization or Site Relative Distinguished Name (RDN) 'My Company, Inc.' in the Exchange 5.5 directory contains a leading space, a trailing space, on...

Recovering/accessing email folder
I recently updated an account - my address book is still current, but no longer have access to my old email folders. How can I access those folders? Can we assume you're using Outlook and not Outlook Express? If you're using Outlook, look here for all the information you need on backup and restoration of Outlook data: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:065c01c3d3b3$0ad89a40$a001280a@phx.gbl, Ri...

User Form
Hello, Anyone who can help me with this problem/error in Excel 2000. System Error &H8007000B (-2147024885) An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. Error was encountered when trying to Insert a UserForm. Excel --> Tools --> Macro --> Visual Basic Editor --> Insert --> UserForm Appreciate any assistance. Thanks. ...

Oulook shortcut on 2003 terminal server
When installing office 2003 from the add remove program on a windows 2003 Terminal Server. By default there is no outlook icon on the desktop for Outlook. I need to get the Outlook icon to be displayed on all users desktop. I CANOT just copy the shortcut icon, becuase this does not have the properties screen to create outlook profiles. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Eric Payne <bob@bob.com> wrote: > When installing office 2003 from the add remove program on a windows > 2003 Terminal Server. > By default there is no outlook icon on the desktop for Outlook. > I need...

Email from Publisher
This is my first attempt to email from within Publisher 2003. I have run into 2 problems I don't understand. I'm sending with the Publisher page imbedded in the message area (not as an attachment). The first test I ran I set my Outlook Options to display as plain text so that I could check to make sure a "if you have trouble reading this click HERE" text box in the document would get displayed (for those with HTML turned off). I get some of the text boxes but not all (including the one above). Why? Second, I have two versions of the Publisher page. The one that I...