How to remove "on behalf of" in the from field in outlook

All,

Firstly let me explain what we have running at our company:

- Exchange 2003 with service pack 2 is running on our windows 2000 server
- Outlook 2000 is used by all our users.

I can send an email on behalf of another user from my mailbox. When someone
recieves this email.... in the from field, the recipent can see that I have
sent the email on joe bloggs behalf....

So for example... if "mark" sends an email on behalf of "david" to "John",
Upon recieving the email,  John can see in the from field...."from mark on
behalf of david".. I only want it to say "david" in the from field...  any
ideas? All i want to do is get rid of the "xyz on behalf of" in the from
field

I have setup through active directory the ability to send emails on behalf
of someone else. I have on david's account under Exchange general > Delivery
options > Added "mark" on the "grant this permission to section" Is this the
correct way?

Also note:

- This situation has occured on other groups of people within the company
who use different mailboxes . Therefore I dont think the problem lies with
an individual, within an individual's outlook setting...
- This problem has started happenning since we upgraded to exchange 2003
from 2000
- Is there something i need to do in the registry keys on our email
server???

HELP HELP.!!!  look forward to hearing from you soon.

Vijay
0
Mistry (2)

Hi Vijay,

Go into the user account in aduc you would like to send on behalf of. Select
the Security tab and select Add. Type in the name of the person trying to
send the message and give them the "Send As" permission. The message will now
appear to come from the person instead of "Sent on behalf of" the person.
Hope this helps
Thanks,
Mark

"Vijay Mistry" wrote:

> All,
>
> Firstly let me explain what we have running at our company:
>
> - Exchange 2003 with service pack 2 is running on our windows 2000 server
> - Outlook 2000 is used by all our users.
>
> I can send an email on behalf of another user from my mailbox. When someone
> recieves this email.... in the from field, the recipent can see that I have
> sent the email on joe bloggs behalf....
>
> So for example... if "mark" sends an email on behalf of "david" to "John",
> Upon recieving the email,  John can see in the from field...."from mark on
> behalf of david".. I only want it to say "david" in the from field...  any
> ideas? All i want to do is get rid of the "xyz on behalf of" in the from
> field
>
> I have setup through active directory the ability to send emails on behalf
> of someone else. I have on david's account under Exchange general > Delivery
> options > Added "mark" on the "grant this permission to section" Is this the
> correct way?
>
> Also note:
>
> - This situation has occured on other groups of people within the company
> who use different mailboxes . Therefore I dont think the problem lies with
> an individual, within an individual's outlook setting...
> - This problem has started happenning since we upgraded to exchange 2003
> from 2000
> - Is there something i need to do in the registry keys on our email
> server???
>
> HELP HELP.!!!  look forward to hearing from you soon.
>
> Vijay
0
mark564 (750)
11/16/2005 3:27:03 PM
Er - if you are setting the permission to "Send on Behalf of", why are you
expecting that messages will not contain the Sent on Behalf of string?

I think that what you are looking for is the ability for users to Send AS
other users.  If you go to the properties of a user, Security tab, in the
list, you should notice a Send As permission.  Grant Send As permissions to
the user that needs to send as this user and that's it.  Note, that when you
Add a new account to the permissions, by default it will likely grant Full
Control - make sure you change that.

Finally, you probably have this worked out, but when the user sends mail As
another user, they need to make sure to change the From field.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Vijay Mistry" <Vijay Mistry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> All,
>
> Firstly let me explain what we have running at our company:
>
> - Exchange 2003 with service pack 2 is running on our windows 2000 server
> - Outlook 2000 is used by all our users.
>
> I can send an email on behalf of another user from my mailbox. When
> someone
> recieves this email.... in the from field, the recipent can see that I
> have
> sent the email on joe bloggs behalf....
>
> So for example... if "mark" sends an email on behalf of "david" to "John",
> Upon recieving the email,  John can see in the from field...."from mark on
> behalf of david".. I only want it to say "david" in the from field...  any
> ideas? All i want to do is get rid of the "xyz on behalf of" in the from
> field
>
> I have setup through active directory the ability to send emails on behalf
> of someone else. I have on david's account under Exchange general >
> Delivery
> options > Added "mark" on the "grant this permission to section" Is this
> the
> correct way?
>
> Also note:
>
> - This situation has occured on other groups of people within the company
> who use different mailboxes . Therefore I dont think the problem lies with
> an individual, within an individual's outlook setting...
> - This problem has started happenning since we upgraded to exchange 2003
> from 2000
> - Is there something i need to do in the registry keys on our email
> server???
>
> HELP HELP.!!!  look forward to hearing from you soon.
>
> Vijay

0
Ben
11/16/2005 3:27:15 PM
Hi mark,

Thank you for your response...but what do you mean by aduc??

"Mark" wrote:

> Hi Vijay,
>
> Go into the user account in aduc you would like to send on behalf of. Select
> the Security tab and select Add. Type in the name of the person trying to
> send the message and give them the "Send As" permission. The message will now
> appear to come from the person instead of "Sent on behalf of" the person.
> Hope this helps
> Thanks,
> Mark
>
> "Vijay Mistry" wrote:
>
> > All,
> >
> > Firstly let me explain what we have running at our company:
> >
> > - Exchange 2003 with service pack 2 is running on our windows 2000 server
> > - Outlook 2000 is used by all our users.
> >
> > I can send an email on behalf of another user from my mailbox. When someone
> > recieves this email.... in the from field, the recipent can see that I have
> > sent the email on joe bloggs behalf....
> >
> > So for example... if "mark" sends an email on behalf of "david" to "John",
> > Upon recieving the email,  John can see in the from field...."from mark on
> > behalf of david".. I only want it to say "david" in the from field...  any
> > ideas? All i want to do is get rid of the "xyz on behalf of" in the from
> > field
> >
> > I have setup through active directory the ability to send emails on behalf
> > of someone else. I have on david's account under Exchange general > Delivery
> > options > Added "mark" on the "grant this permission to section" Is this the
> > correct way?
> >
> > Also note:
> >
> > - This situation has occured on other groups of people within the company
> > who use different mailboxes . Therefore I dont think the problem lies with
> > an individual, within an individual's outlook setting...
> > - This problem has started happenning since we upgraded to exchange 2003
> > from 2000
> > - Is there something i need to do in the registry keys on our email
> > server???
> >
> > HELP HELP.!!!  look forward to hearing from you soon.
> >
> > Vijay
Ben,

Thanks for your response but if im changing the from field, what am i
changing it to or how??

Thanks

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:

> Er - if you are setting the permission to "Send on Behalf of", why are you
> expecting that messages will not contain the Sent on Behalf of string?
>
> I think that what you are looking for is the ability for users to Send AS
> other users.  If you go to the properties of a user, Security tab, in the
> list, you should notice a Send As permission.  Grant Send As permissions to
> the user that needs to send as this user and that's it.  Note, that when you
> Add a new account to the permissions, by default it will likely grant Full
> Control - make sure you change that.
>
> Finally, you probably have this worked out, but when the user sends mail As
> another user, they need to make sure to change the From field.
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
>

> "Vijay Mistry" <Vijay Mistry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > All,
> >
> > Firstly let me explain what we have running at our company:
> >
> > - Exchange 2003 with service pack 2 is running on our windows 2000 server
> > - Outlook 2000 is used by all our users.
> >
> > I can send an email on behalf of another user from my mailbox. When
> > someone
> > recieves this email.... in the from field, the recipent can see that I
> > have
> > sent the email on joe bloggs behalf....
> >
> > So for example... if "mark" sends an email on behalf of "david" to "John",
> > Upon recieving the email,  John can see in the from field...."from mark on
> > behalf of david".. I only want it to say "david" in the from field...  any
> > ideas? All i want to do is get rid of the "xyz on behalf of" in the from
> > field
> >
> > I have setup through active directory the ability to send emails on behalf
> > of someone else. I have on david's account under Exchange general >
> > Delivery
> > options > Added "mark" on the "grant this permission to section" Is this
> > the
> > correct way?
> >
> > Also note:
> >
> > - This situation has occured on other groups of people within the company
> > who use different mailboxes . Therefore I dont think the problem lies with
> > an individual, within an individual's outlook setting...
> > - This problem has started happenning since we upgraded to exchange 2003
> > from 2000
> > - Is there something i need to do in the registry keys on our email
> > server???
> >
> > HELP HELP.!!!  look forward to hearing from you soon.
> >
> > Vijay

ADUC - Active Directory Users and Computers
Thanks,
Mark

"Vijay Mistry" wrote:

> Hi mark,
>
> Thank you for your response...but what do you mean by aduc??
>
> "Mark" wrote:
>
> > Hi Vijay,
> >
> > Go into the user account in aduc you would like to send on behalf of. Select
> > the Security tab and select Add. Type in the name of the person trying to
> > send the message and give them the "Send As" permission. The message will now
> > appear to come from the person instead of "Sent on behalf of" the person.
> > Hope this helps
> > Thanks,
> > Mark
> >
> > "Vijay Mistry" wrote:
> >
> > > All,
> > >
> > > Firstly let me explain what we have running at our company:
> > >
> > > - Exchange 2003 with service pack 2 is running on our windows 2000 server
> > > - Outlook 2000 is used by all our users.
> > >
> > > I can send an email on behalf of another user from my mailbox. When someone
> > > recieves this email.... in the from field, the recipent can see that I have
> > > sent the email on joe bloggs behalf....
> > >
> > > So for example... if "mark" sends an email on behalf of "david" to "John",
> > > Upon recieving the email,  John can see in the from field...."from mark on
> > > behalf of david".. I only want it to say "david" in the from field...  any
> > > ideas? All i want to do is get rid of the "xyz on behalf of" in the from
> > > field
> > >
> > > I have setup through active directory the ability to send emails on behalf
> > > of someone else. I have on david's account under Exchange general > Delivery
> > > options > Added "mark" on the "grant this permission to section" Is this the
> > > correct way?
> > >
> > > Also note:
> > >
> > > - This situation has occured on other groups of people within the company
> > > who use different mailboxes . Therefore I dont think the problem lies with
> > > an individual, within an individual's outlook setting...
> > > - This problem has started happenning since we upgraded to exchange 2003
> > > from 2000
> > > - Is there something i need to do in the registry keys on our email
> > > server???
> > >
> > > HELP HELP.!!!  look forward to hearing from you soon.
> > >
> > > Vijay
0
mark564 (750)
11/16/2005 3:57:48 PM
When a user wants to send and e-mail AS another user, in Outlook, they need
to change the From field to the other user.

i.e.  Sally wants to send an e-mail AS Joe.  From the message window, Sally
has the From field shown.  Sally simply types Joe in the From field, and as
long as Sally has Send As rights, it will appear as being sent From Joe.
The caveat is that the mail will still go to Sally's Sent Items, not Joe's.

--

> [...]
>> > Delivery
>> > options > Added "mark" on the "grant this permission to section" Is
>> > this
>> > the
>> > correct way?
>> >
>> > Also note:
>> >
>> > - This situation has occured on other groups of people within the
>> > company
>> > who use different mailboxes . Therefore I dont think the problem lies
>> > with
>> > an individual, within an individual's outlook setting...
>> > - This problem has started happenning since we upgraded to exchange
>> > 2003
>> > from 2000
>> > - Is there something i need to do in the registry keys on our email
>> > server???
>> >
>> > HELP HELP.!!!  look forward to hearing from you soon.

0
Ben
11/16/2005 4:12:02 PM
In a new message in Outlook, select Options and the check "From". You will
then see the From field in the message, type in the name that you would like
the message to originate from in this field.

"Vijay Mistry" wrote:

> Ben,
>
> Thanks for your response but if im changing the from field, what am i
> changing it to or how??
>
> Thanks
>
> "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Er - if you are setting the permission to "Send on Behalf of", why are you
> > expecting that messages will not contain the Sent on Behalf of string?
> >
> > I think that what you are looking for is the ability for users to Send AS
> > other users.  If you go to the properties of a user, Security tab, in the
> > list, you should notice a Send As permission.  Grant Send As permissions to
> > the user that needs to send as this user and that's it.  Note, that when you
> > Add a new account to the permissions, by default it will likely grant Full
> > Control - make sure you change that.
> >
> > Finally, you probably have this worked out, but when the user sends mail As
> > another user, they need to make sure to change the From field.
> >
> > --
> > Ben Winzenz
> > Exchange MVP
> > MessageOne
> >

> > "Vijay Mistry" <Vijay Mistry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > All,
> > >
> > > Firstly let me explain what we have running at our company:
> > >
> > > - Exchange 2003 with service pack 2 is running on our windows 2000 server
> > > - Outlook 2000 is used by all our users.
> > >
> > > I can send an email on behalf of another user from my mailbox. When
> > > someone
> > > recieves this email.... in the from field, the recipent can see that I
> > > have
> > > sent the email on joe bloggs behalf....
> > >
> > > So for example... if "mark" sends an email on behalf of "david" to "John",
> > > Upon recieving the email,  John can see in the from field...."from mark on
> > > behalf of david".. I only want it to say "david" in the from field...  any
> > > ideas? All i want to do is get rid of the "xyz on behalf of" in the from
> > > field
> > >
> > > I have setup through active directory the ability to send emails on behalf
> > > of someone else. I have on david's account under Exchange general >
> > > Delivery
> > > options > Added "mark" on the "grant this permission to section" Is this
> > > the
> > > correct way?
> > >
> > > Also note:
> > >
> > > - This situation has occured on other groups of people within the company
> > > who use different mailboxes . Therefore I dont think the problem lies with
> > > an individual, within an individual's outlook setting...
> > > - This problem has started happenning since we upgraded to exchange 2003
> > > from 2000
> > > - Is there something i need to do in the registry keys on our email
> > > server???
> > >
> > > HELP HELP.!!!  look forward to hearing from you soon.
> > >
> > > Vijay

0
mark564 (750)
11/16/2005 4:22:09 PM
mark

i have tried that but it doesnt seem to work.. i enabled the send as
permission for mark on david's account.
I also removed under Exchange general > Delivery options > Added "mark" on
the "grant this permission to section.
Is there any other setting i have to change? In outlook? Please help!!

Thanks

"Mark" wrote:

> ADUC - Active Directory Users and Computers
> Thanks,
> Mark
>
> "Vijay Mistry" wrote:
>
> > Hi mark,
> >
> > Thank you for your response...but what do you mean by aduc??
> >
> > "Mark" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Vijay,
> > >
> > > Go into the user account in aduc you would like to send on behalf of. Select
> > > the Security tab and select Add. Type in the name of the person trying to
> > > send the message and give them the "Send As" permission. The message will now
> > > appear to come from the person instead of "Sent on behalf of" the person.
> > > Hope this helps
> > > Thanks,
> > > Mark

Mark,

I have tried this..
When mark enters david in the "from field" and john in the "To field" and
tries to send the message, he recieves the message:

"You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the
specified user "

Any ideas?

"Mark" wrote:

> In a new message in Outlook, select Options and the check "From". You will
> then see the From field in the message, type in the name that you would like
> the message to originate from in this field.
>
> "Vijay Mistry" wrote:
>

> > Ben,
> >
> > Thanks for your response but if im changing the from field, what am i
> > changing it to or how??
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:
> >
> > > Er - if you are setting the permission to "Send on Behalf of", why are you
> > > expecting that messages will not contain the Sent on Behalf of string?
> > >
> > > I think that what you are looking for is the ability for users to Send AS
> > > other users.  If you go to the properties of a user, Security tab, in the
> > > list, you should notice a Send As permission.  Grant Send As permissions to
> > > the user that needs to send as this user and that's it.  Note, that when you
> > > Add a new account to the permissions, by default it will likely grant Full
> > > Control - make sure you change that.
> > >
> > > Finally, you probably have this worked out, but when the user sends mail As
> > > another user, they need to make sure to change the From field.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Ben Winzenz
> > > Exchange MVP
> > > MessageOne
> > >

> > > "Vijay Mistry" <Vijay Mistry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Remove "send on behalf of"
Hello, this is issue is driving me nut!!!!, i recently upgrade one of executive admin laptop from a T23 to a T41. She manange officers email and send on behalf and so forth. ON her T23 laptop, when she send out emails on behalf of the offier email, the Send on behalf doesn't appear in the text body. But on her T41 laptop, it show. Please see Below -----Original Message----- From: Kelly Blingo On Behalf Of John Doe Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2006 3:14 PM To: Bob Dole Subject: test1 from Kelly Blingo Please help!!!, thanks a bunch On 17 Aug 2006 15:35:22 -0700, sanghuyn@gmail....

No longer able to specify a Group to "send on behalf of" a user?
With Exchange 2k, I was able to allow a global security group send on behalf of an individual. Now with Exchange 2k3, I am only able to add a specific user or "Other Objects" to the "Send on Behalf of" property of a users exchange settings. anyone have any ideas? ...

How to send email on behalf of somebody else.
I am running Outlook 2003 connected to a 2003 exchange server. I have setup the delagates section in options for the person I want to be able to send out emails for me, how do they create the email on there machine that will look like it comes from me. Tom When they start a new email have them click on the arrow next to the options button and they should see a "From" field, selecting this will put a new field in the email called "From" the user then clicks on the From to choose who they want to send it "From" (you can see that I don't write technical man...

On behalf of
When I receive emails now on Outlook, on the from line they say on behalf of the sender's email address. The subject line displays the subject. However, no text displays. This is a new problem. These new emails that come in have a small envelope next to the normal read, unread envelope. I think this is a header status envelope. If I right click, go to options, touch nothing, and click OK, the text now displays. Can anyone help with this. Thanks. ...

Outlook 2002
How do I set up an e-mail to be sent "on behalf of" someone else? Do you use Exchange server? If so, you can do that through delegates in Outlook. Becky Hilbert wrote: > How do I set up an e-mail to be sent "on behalf of" > someone else? >-----Original Message----- >How do I set up an e-mail to be sent "on behalf of" >someone else? >. > ...

"Send on behalf of" does not appear on emails
I have set up the permissions to let users send email on behalf of another mailbox. The users are able to send emails that come from the specified mailbox by putting the mailbox name in the "from" field, however, the emails just look like they came from that sender, they do not say from xxx on behalf of xxx. Anyone have any ideas on this? Thanks, Michael Collins MedtronSoftware 2 possibilities; 1) The users have Send As permissions on the Active Directory object 2) The mailclient you are sending it to doesn't support displaying "On Behalf Of" -- Robert Spa...

Windows 2003: Issue user certificate on behalf of a user
Hi there, I'm working on an application where we are going to use User Principal Name Mapping (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb742438.aspx) to map incoming requests on our application to windows accounts. From what I understand, this will require user certificates issued by a CA within the domain. I've got a test Windows 2003 R2 domain up and running and have the CA running as well. What I can't figure out is how to issue a certificate for a user without logging in as that user and using the web enrollment app. Is there any way for a domai...

You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user.
We had a 5.5 site and installed a Exchange 2003 running on a Windows 2003 server into the site, we moved all mailboxes and public folders and deleted the 5.5 server. We have now experienced 2 problems. 1. OAB will not generate on any clients and it seems that we have to reset the permissions on our site folders. Just mention this incase the solution is the same. 2. This behavior occurs when a user has a common mailbox opened into his own. On common mailboxes some users (users or mailboxes created after 2003 was introduced.) cannot send mail. By default the 'From' field is prefilled ...

sending messages on behalf of
I am working on a corporate network, attached to a 5.5 exchange server, the outlook client is 2000, when I try to send mail "on behalf of" someone else, nothing in the message indicates that (normally when you open up the message in the from field it will say xxxxx on behalf of xxxxxxxxxxx) all I get is the name of personal that delegated access. Is there a way to remedy this? What mailbox are you trying to mail from? Is this one on which you have been given permissions or one that you open in addition to your mailbox? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to ...

Send on Behalf of error message.....
Can someone tell me what the registry key is to supress the Send on Behalf of warning message in Outlook 2000. Not sure what you mean. What kind of mail accounts? Using Exchange server, with delegates? If users need the right to send mail from someone else, they need Send As rights (set on the Exchange server itself), not Send on Behalf of (which will trump the Send As rights). Cory wrote: > Can someone tell me what the registry key is to supress > the Send on Behalf of warning message in Outlook 2000. ...

How can I get rid of Send on Behalf of?
How can I get rid of Send on Behalf of? I have a user who is the owner of the mailbox but when he sends out email the from line looks like: John Doe (jdoe@abc.com) Sent of Behalf of John Doe. We are using Outlook 2000 on the workstations and Exchange 2000 Server. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks Open the user/mailbox item in AD Users an Computers. You can set the permission on the Security tab. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Michelle"...

send on behalf of #2
When our user's are granted "Send on behalf of" messages, suddenly the attachment which show "sent on behalf of" no longer appears. We are running Exchange 2000 SP3 and the clients are running Outlook 2000 SP3. It was working fine and disappeared. When the users attempt to send a message on behalf of, they put the user's name in the from field (ie Joe Blow). When the message is received on the other end it show it directly coming (ie Paul Blow) and not sent on behalf of Paul Blow by Joe Blow. Anybody have any ideas about how to restore it? ...

"Send on behalf of" not showing in from field correctly
Hi All, I'm having an odd issue with the "Send on behalf" feature in Outlook. First off the Outlook client we are using is 2000 and the server Exchange 5.5 all within a AD domain. What happens is when a user is setup as a delegate with the send on behalf of rights it does not always work properly. If it works or not seems to depend on what Inbox the rights are granted for. Let's say there are 3 users 1, 2 & 3. User 3 is the one I wish to send of behalf of. I go through the steps as per the Microsoft documentation found here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/234696...

"on behalf of" #4
I have my own domains and have an email address set up for each one (eg: tom@example.com) which most of my email will be 'from'. However there are occasions when I want to send from harry@example.com and when I change this in the From: field, then the email says is from 'harry@example.com on behalf of tom@example.com. Any way to lose the 'on behalf of' bit? When I send a mail from harry then it's nothing to do with tom....the reason I am sending from harry is that I don't want the recipient to know about and spam the tom address. -- Bryan Anderson <www.anders...

sending an email for boss as "on behalf of"
I have managed to add myself to delegates in my boss's account. I just can t figure out how to send an email on his behalf. please help Display the From field and type in his name.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "deanssecretary" <deanssecretary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in = message news:57E5B1DE-9FCD-4B2B-8D18-...

Send as another user without "Sent on behalf of"
I would like to enable some of our users to send messages "From" another mailbox without the "Sender" header included which results in a "Sent on behalf of" message in email clients. I am using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. I've tried it with and without the "send on behalf of" permissions added under delivery options. I've even created a test mailbox store with a test mailbox. I then enabled a user to have "Send As" permissions on that mailbox store. I did NOT add "send on behalf of" permissions on the individual mailbo...

2003 Send on behalf of
How do you set up permissions to send on behalf of a distribution list? I see where you can set this up for an individual mailbox, but not a distribution list. This is on Exchange 2003. I did do this in Exchange 5.5 by giving the distribution list "Send As" authority, but I do not see anything like this in Exchange 2003. I can not find anything on this except incorrect information. Thanks Matt You can only grant the "Send As" permission for Distribution Groups. To do this go to the Security tab of the DG. "Matt1999" <xxscoffxx@aol.com> wrote in...

Disable Error sending email on behalf of user
When trying to send an email from our ERP system I get an error. A program is trying to send e-mail on your behalf. How do I disable this??? See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/sec.htm for your options with regard to = the "object model guard" security in Outlook 2000 SP2 and later = versions.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 &q...

messages appear "on behalf of" and AREN'T
I use WinXP-SP3 and Outlook 2002. I am having issues with replies from other users of the same broadband ISP. If the users in question REPLY to a message I send, the mail message (when it gets to me) reads XXXX on behalf of XXXX (where XXXX is the person) and the text of the message is exactly what i sent them. The text of their reply does not appear. If i forward their message to them, the text of their reply also does not show up. I use Outlook in POP/SMTP mode. I don't know what clients the users which this happens to are using. Any thoughts? Sounds like an issue with the...

problems sending mail "on behalf of" in office 2003 beta 2
Hi! I cant send mail "on behalf of" (a public folder in this case) from my computer with outlook 2003 beta 2. It works just fine from my computer with outlook xp. The same "from" address and user account used when sending the mail. The error message reads : "You do not have the permissions to send the message on behalf of the specified user" Since I can do this from my machine with outlook xp it shouldn't be a permissions problem. ...

"On behalf of" not function
Dear all, I have a question about "On behalf of" function are not take effect, the details are as below: - When I sent mais from my outlook by using "On behalf of my boss" to other receipts, suppose to be the receipt can read through those receipts email address in "To" field, right?! But as a result, it seems to be choosed "BCC" sent out like this, All those destination email address are disappeared. Why?? Do you have any idea what happens on the account for the case. My mail system are listed as following:- Server - Windows 2000 + Exchange ...

Send on behalf of #2
I have a user that when he sends internet mail, it says he is sending on behalf of himself. If I remove the exchange service from his profile, his internet mail works fine. I have the same config for the other users, this is the only one that does this. Please help! -- Rich Hall Hello, check this out: 327000 HOW TO: Grant "Send As" and "Send on Behalf" Permissions in Exchange 2000 Server http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327000/EN-US/ -- Mit freundlichen Gr�ssen / with kind regards Roger Wassner "POP3 f�r Server FAQ" online! http://www.asp-partner....

removing 'on behalf of' from the 'from' header
Hello All, I have a user who manages several lists using another mailbox (that is not his default). He has this mailbox added into his regular Outlook profile. He has no problems sending messages as his manager, however the from header always reads "Joe User on behalf of Joe Manager" I am wondering if there is anyway to mask this so the from header would simply show from "Joe User." Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks! Adam If you want the messages to come from him, he can view the From field and remove what he sees in there. To make the messages loo...

Sending mail on behalf of....
One of our exec wants his assistant to send out emails for him, but he wants his name to appear in the from field. Anyway to do this without the Admin Assistant having to log in as the exec? Grant the Send As pemission of the User Object in Active Directory Users & Computers -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Linda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01bb01c46dd9$1200f540$a601280a@phx.gbl... > One of...

Problem getting rid of "on behalf of name" in the from field
I have an unusual problem... I work for a company that is actually two companies in one. Manufacturing company that makes two different products so as to have two different names. We use Outlook 2000 and our mail is hosted by our ISP (who use a Linux mail server). We have two different email accounts abc@abc.com and xyz@xyz.com . When we go to send email (abc.com being the default account) and we chose the from field and chose xyz@xyz.com the email goes out to the recipient as abc@abc.com on behalf of xyz@xyz.com .. We can not have this because they are two separate companies. It is OK for...