How to remove "on behalf of" in the from field in outlook

All,

Firstly let me explain what we have running at our company:

- Exchange 2003 with service pack 2 is running on our windows 2000 server
- Outlook 2000 is used by all our users.

I can send an email on behalf of another user from my mailbox. When someone 
recieves this email.... in the from field, the recipent can see that I have 
sent the email on joe bloggs behalf....

So for example... if "mark" sends an email on behalf of "david" to "John", 
Upon recieving the email,  John can see in the from field...."from mark on 
behalf of david".. I only want it to say "david" in the from field...  any 
ideas? All i want to do is get rid of the "xyz on behalf of" in the from 
field

I have setup through active directory the ability to send emails on behalf 
of someone else. I have on david's account under Exchange general > Delivery 
options > Added "mark" on the "grant this permission to section" Is this the 
correct way?

Also note:

- This situation has occured on other groups of people within the company 
who use different mailboxes . Therefore I dont think the problem lies with 
an individual, within an individual's outlook setting...
- This problem has started happenning since we upgraded to exchange 2003 
from 2000
- Is there something i need to do in the registry keys on our email 
server???

HELP HELP.!!!  look forward to hearing from you soon.

Vijay
0
Mistry (2)
11/16/2005 2:29:12 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

9 Replies
1656 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 13

Hi Vijay,

Go into the user account in aduc you would like to send on behalf of. Select 
the Security tab and select Add. Type in the name of the person trying to 
send the message and give them the "Send As" permission. The message will now 
appear to come from the person instead of "Sent on behalf of" the person. 
Hope this helps
Thanks,
Mark

"Vijay Mistry" wrote:

> All,
> 
> Firstly let me explain what we have running at our company:
> 
> - Exchange 2003 with service pack 2 is running on our windows 2000 server
> - Outlook 2000 is used by all our users.
> 
> I can send an email on behalf of another user from my mailbox. When someone 
> recieves this email.... in the from field, the recipent can see that I have 
> sent the email on joe bloggs behalf....
> 
> So for example... if "mark" sends an email on behalf of "david" to "John", 
> Upon recieving the email,  John can see in the from field...."from mark on 
> behalf of david".. I only want it to say "david" in the from field...  any 
> ideas? All i want to do is get rid of the "xyz on behalf of" in the from 
> field
> 
> I have setup through active directory the ability to send emails on behalf 
> of someone else. I have on david's account under Exchange general > Delivery 
> options > Added "mark" on the "grant this permission to section" Is this the 
> correct way?
> 
> Also note:
> 
> - This situation has occured on other groups of people within the company 
> who use different mailboxes . Therefore I dont think the problem lies with 
> an individual, within an individual's outlook setting...
> - This problem has started happenning since we upgraded to exchange 2003 
> from 2000
> - Is there something i need to do in the registry keys on our email 
> server???
> 
> HELP HELP.!!!  look forward to hearing from you soon.
> 
> Vijay
0
mark564 (750)
11/16/2005 3:27:03 PM
Er - if you are setting the permission to "Send on Behalf of", why are you 
expecting that messages will not contain the Sent on Behalf of string?

I think that what you are looking for is the ability for users to Send AS 
other users.  If you go to the properties of a user, Security tab, in the 
list, you should notice a Send As permission.  Grant Send As permissions to 
the user that needs to send as this user and that's it.  Note, that when you 
Add a new account to the permissions, by default it will likely grant Full 
Control - make sure you change that.

Finally, you probably have this worked out, but when the user sends mail As 
another user, they need to make sure to change the From field.

-- 
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP
MessageOne


"Vijay Mistry" <Vijay Mistry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:3273BF49-A16D-491B-BD56-E8DCE2BD7F7D@microsoft.com...
> All,
>
> Firstly let me explain what we have running at our company:
>
> - Exchange 2003 with service pack 2 is running on our windows 2000 server
> - Outlook 2000 is used by all our users.
>
> I can send an email on behalf of another user from my mailbox. When 
> someone
> recieves this email.... in the from field, the recipent can see that I 
> have
> sent the email on joe bloggs behalf....
>
> So for example... if "mark" sends an email on behalf of "david" to "John",
> Upon recieving the email,  John can see in the from field...."from mark on
> behalf of david".. I only want it to say "david" in the from field...  any
> ideas? All i want to do is get rid of the "xyz on behalf of" in the from
> field
>
> I have setup through active directory the ability to send emails on behalf
> of someone else. I have on david's account under Exchange general > 
> Delivery
> options > Added "mark" on the "grant this permission to section" Is this 
> the
> correct way?
>
> Also note:
>
> - This situation has occured on other groups of people within the company
> who use different mailboxes . Therefore I dont think the problem lies with
> an individual, within an individual's outlook setting...
> - This problem has started happenning since we upgraded to exchange 2003
> from 2000
> - Is there something i need to do in the registry keys on our email
> server???
>
> HELP HELP.!!!  look forward to hearing from you soon.
>
> Vijay 


0
Ben
11/16/2005 3:27:15 PM
Hi mark,

Thank you for your response...but what do you mean by aduc??

"Mark" wrote:

> Hi Vijay,
> 
> Go into the user account in aduc you would like to send on behalf of. Select 
> the Security tab and select Add. Type in the name of the person trying to 
> send the message and give them the "Send As" permission. The message will now 
> appear to come from the person instead of "Sent on behalf of" the person. 
> Hope this helps
> Thanks,
> Mark
> 
> "Vijay Mistry" wrote:
> 
> > All,
> > 
> > Firstly let me explain what we have running at our company:
> > 
> > - Exchange 2003 with service pack 2 is running on our windows 2000 server
> > - Outlook 2000 is used by all our users.
> > 
> > I can send an email on behalf of another user from my mailbox. When someone 
> > recieves this email.... in the from field, the recipent can see that I have 
> > sent the email on joe bloggs behalf....
> > 
> > So for example... if "mark" sends an email on behalf of "david" to "John", 
> > Upon recieving the email,  John can see in the from field...."from mark on 
> > behalf of david".. I only want it to say "david" in the from field...  any 
> > ideas? All i want to do is get rid of the "xyz on behalf of" in the from 
> > field
> > 
> > I have setup through active directory the ability to send emails on behalf 
> > of someone else. I have on david's account under Exchange general > Delivery 
> > options > Added "mark" on the "grant this permission to section" Is this the 
> > correct way?
> > 
> > Also note:
> > 
> > - This situation has occured on other groups of people within the company 
> > who use different mailboxes . Therefore I dont think the problem lies with 
> > an individual, within an individual's outlook setting...
> > - This problem has started happenning since we upgraded to exchange 2003 
> > from 2000
> > - Is there something i need to do in the registry keys on our email 
> > server???
> > 
> > HELP HELP.!!!  look forward to hearing from you soon.
> > 
> > Vijay
0
11/16/2005 3:33:19 PM
Ben, 

Thanks for your response but if im changing the from field, what am i 
changing it to or how?? 

Thanks

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:

> Er - if you are setting the permission to "Send on Behalf of", why are you 
> expecting that messages will not contain the Sent on Behalf of string?
> 
> I think that what you are looking for is the ability for users to Send AS 
> other users.  If you go to the properties of a user, Security tab, in the 
> list, you should notice a Send As permission.  Grant Send As permissions to 
> the user that needs to send as this user and that's it.  Note, that when you 
> Add a new account to the permissions, by default it will likely grant Full 
> Control - make sure you change that.
> 
> Finally, you probably have this worked out, but when the user sends mail As 
> another user, they need to make sure to change the From field.
> 
> -- 
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
> 
> 
> "Vijay Mistry" <Vijay Mistry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:3273BF49-A16D-491B-BD56-E8DCE2BD7F7D@microsoft.com...
> > All,
> >
> > Firstly let me explain what we have running at our company:
> >
> > - Exchange 2003 with service pack 2 is running on our windows 2000 server
> > - Outlook 2000 is used by all our users.
> >
> > I can send an email on behalf of another user from my mailbox. When 
> > someone
> > recieves this email.... in the from field, the recipent can see that I 
> > have
> > sent the email on joe bloggs behalf....
> >
> > So for example... if "mark" sends an email on behalf of "david" to "John",
> > Upon recieving the email,  John can see in the from field...."from mark on
> > behalf of david".. I only want it to say "david" in the from field...  any
> > ideas? All i want to do is get rid of the "xyz on behalf of" in the from
> > field
> >
> > I have setup through active directory the ability to send emails on behalf
> > of someone else. I have on david's account under Exchange general > 
> > Delivery
> > options > Added "mark" on the "grant this permission to section" Is this 
> > the
> > correct way?
> >
> > Also note:
> >
> > - This situation has occured on other groups of people within the company
> > who use different mailboxes . Therefore I dont think the problem lies with
> > an individual, within an individual's outlook setting...
> > - This problem has started happenning since we upgraded to exchange 2003
> > from 2000
> > - Is there something i need to do in the registry keys on our email
> > server???
> >
> > HELP HELP.!!!  look forward to hearing from you soon.
> >
> > Vijay 
> 
> 
> 
0
11/16/2005 3:50:06 PM
ADUC - Active Directory Users and Computers
Thanks,
Mark

"Vijay Mistry" wrote:

> Hi mark,
> 
> Thank you for your response...but what do you mean by aduc??
> 
> "Mark" wrote:
> 
> > Hi Vijay,
> > 
> > Go into the user account in aduc you would like to send on behalf of. Select 
> > the Security tab and select Add. Type in the name of the person trying to 
> > send the message and give them the "Send As" permission. The message will now 
> > appear to come from the person instead of "Sent on behalf of" the person. 
> > Hope this helps
> > Thanks,
> > Mark
> > 
> > "Vijay Mistry" wrote:
> > 
> > > All,
> > > 
> > > Firstly let me explain what we have running at our company:
> > > 
> > > - Exchange 2003 with service pack 2 is running on our windows 2000 server
> > > - Outlook 2000 is used by all our users.
> > > 
> > > I can send an email on behalf of another user from my mailbox. When someone 
> > > recieves this email.... in the from field, the recipent can see that I have 
> > > sent the email on joe bloggs behalf....
> > > 
> > > So for example... if "mark" sends an email on behalf of "david" to "John", 
> > > Upon recieving the email,  John can see in the from field...."from mark on 
> > > behalf of david".. I only want it to say "david" in the from field...  any 
> > > ideas? All i want to do is get rid of the "xyz on behalf of" in the from 
> > > field
> > > 
> > > I have setup through active directory the ability to send emails on behalf 
> > > of someone else. I have on david's account under Exchange general > Delivery 
> > > options > Added "mark" on the "grant this permission to section" Is this the 
> > > correct way?
> > > 
> > > Also note:
> > > 
> > > - This situation has occured on other groups of people within the company 
> > > who use different mailboxes . Therefore I dont think the problem lies with 
> > > an individual, within an individual's outlook setting...
> > > - This problem has started happenning since we upgraded to exchange 2003 
> > > from 2000
> > > - Is there something i need to do in the registry keys on our email 
> > > server???
> > > 
> > > HELP HELP.!!!  look forward to hearing from you soon.
> > > 
> > > Vijay
0
mark564 (750)
11/16/2005 3:57:48 PM
When a user wants to send and e-mail AS another user, in Outlook, they need 
to change the From field to the other user.

i.e.  Sally wants to send an e-mail AS Joe.  From the message window, Sally 
has the From field shown.  Sally simply types Joe in the From field, and as 
long as Sally has Send As rights, it will appear as being sent From Joe. 
The caveat is that the mail will still go to Sally's Sent Items, not Joe's.

-- 
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP
MessageOne


"Vijay Mistry" <VijayMistry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:6C866C03-BC62-4C47-BB06-A9ABE150813A@microsoft.com...
>
> Ben,
>
> Thanks for your response but if im changing the from field, what am i
> changing it to or how??
>
> Thanks
>
> "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Er - if you are setting the permission to "Send on Behalf of", why are 
>> you
>> expecting that messages will not contain the Sent on Behalf of string?
>>
>> I think that what you are looking for is the ability for users to Send AS
>> other users.  If you go to the properties of a user, Security tab, in the
>> list, you should notice a Send As permission.  Grant Send As permissions 
>> to
>> the user that needs to send as this user and that's it.  Note, that when 
>> you
>> Add a new account to the permissions, by default it will likely grant 
>> Full
>> Control - make sure you change that.
>>
>> Finally, you probably have this worked out, but when the user sends mail 
>> As
>> another user, they need to make sure to change the From field.
>>
>> -- 
>> Ben Winzenz
>> Exchange MVP
>> MessageOne
>>
>>
>> "Vijay Mistry" <Vijay Mistry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:3273BF49-A16D-491B-BD56-E8DCE2BD7F7D@microsoft.com...
>> > All,
>> >
>> > Firstly let me explain what we have running at our company:
>> >
>> > - Exchange 2003 with service pack 2 is running on our windows 2000 
>> > server
>> > - Outlook 2000 is used by all our users.
>> >
>> > I can send an email on behalf of another user from my mailbox. When
>> > someone
>> > recieves this email.... in the from field, the recipent can see that I
>> > have
>> > sent the email on joe bloggs behalf....
>> >
>> > So for example... if "mark" sends an email on behalf of "david" to 
>> > "John",
>> > Upon recieving the email,  John can see in the from field...."from mark 
>> > on
>> > behalf of david".. I only want it to say "david" in the from field... 
>> > any
>> > ideas? All i want to do is get rid of the "xyz on behalf of" in the 
>> > from
>> > field
>> >
>> > I have setup through active directory the ability to send emails on 
>> > behalf
>> > of someone else. I have on david's account under Exchange general >
>> > Delivery
>> > options > Added "mark" on the "grant this permission to section" Is 
>> > this
>> > the
>> > correct way?
>> >
>> > Also note:
>> >
>> > - This situation has occured on other groups of people within the 
>> > company
>> > who use different mailboxes . Therefore I dont think the problem lies 
>> > with
>> > an individual, within an individual's outlook setting...
>> > - This problem has started happenning since we upgraded to exchange 
>> > 2003
>> > from 2000
>> > - Is there something i need to do in the registry keys on our email
>> > server???
>> >
>> > HELP HELP.!!!  look forward to hearing from you soon.
>> >
>> > Vijay
>>
>>
>> 


0
Ben
11/16/2005 4:12:02 PM
In a new message in Outlook, select Options and the check "From". You will 
then see the From field in the message, type in the name that you would like 
the message to originate from in this field.

"Vijay Mistry" wrote:

> 
> Ben, 
> 
> Thanks for your response but if im changing the from field, what am i 
> changing it to or how?? 
> 
> Thanks
> 
> "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:
> 
> > Er - if you are setting the permission to "Send on Behalf of", why are you 
> > expecting that messages will not contain the Sent on Behalf of string?
> > 
> > I think that what you are looking for is the ability for users to Send AS 
> > other users.  If you go to the properties of a user, Security tab, in the 
> > list, you should notice a Send As permission.  Grant Send As permissions to 
> > the user that needs to send as this user and that's it.  Note, that when you 
> > Add a new account to the permissions, by default it will likely grant Full 
> > Control - make sure you change that.
> > 
> > Finally, you probably have this worked out, but when the user sends mail As 
> > another user, they need to make sure to change the From field.
> > 
> > -- 
> > Ben Winzenz
> > Exchange MVP
> > MessageOne
> > 
> > 
> > "Vijay Mistry" <Vijay Mistry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> > news:3273BF49-A16D-491B-BD56-E8DCE2BD7F7D@microsoft.com...
> > > All,
> > >
> > > Firstly let me explain what we have running at our company:
> > >
> > > - Exchange 2003 with service pack 2 is running on our windows 2000 server
> > > - Outlook 2000 is used by all our users.
> > >
> > > I can send an email on behalf of another user from my mailbox. When 
> > > someone
> > > recieves this email.... in the from field, the recipent can see that I 
> > > have
> > > sent the email on joe bloggs behalf....
> > >
> > > So for example... if "mark" sends an email on behalf of "david" to "John",
> > > Upon recieving the email,  John can see in the from field...."from mark on
> > > behalf of david".. I only want it to say "david" in the from field...  any
> > > ideas? All i want to do is get rid of the "xyz on behalf of" in the from
> > > field
> > >
> > > I have setup through active directory the ability to send emails on behalf
> > > of someone else. I have on david's account under Exchange general > 
> > > Delivery
> > > options > Added "mark" on the "grant this permission to section" Is this 
> > > the
> > > correct way?
> > >
> > > Also note:
> > >
> > > - This situation has occured on other groups of people within the company
> > > who use different mailboxes . Therefore I dont think the problem lies with
> > > an individual, within an individual's outlook setting...
> > > - This problem has started happenning since we upgraded to exchange 2003
> > > from 2000
> > > - Is there something i need to do in the registry keys on our email
> > > server???
> > >
> > > HELP HELP.!!!  look forward to hearing from you soon.
> > >
> > > Vijay 
> > 
> > 
> > 
0
mark564 (750)
11/16/2005 4:22:09 PM
mark 

i have tried that but it doesnt seem to work.. i enabled the send as 
permission for mark on david's account. 
I also removed under Exchange general > Delivery options > Added "mark" on 
the "grant this permission to section.
Is there any other setting i have to change? In outlook? Please help!!

Thanks






"Mark" wrote:

> ADUC - Active Directory Users and Computers
> Thanks,
> Mark
> 
> "Vijay Mistry" wrote:
> 
> > Hi mark,
> > 
> > Thank you for your response...but what do you mean by aduc??
> > 
> > "Mark" wrote:
> > 
> > > Hi Vijay,
> > > 
> > > Go into the user account in aduc you would like to send on behalf of. Select 
> > > the Security tab and select Add. Type in the name of the person trying to 
> > > send the message and give them the "Send As" permission. The message will now 
> > > appear to come from the person instead of "Sent on behalf of" the person. 
> > > Hope this helps
> > > Thanks,
> > > Mark
> > > 
> > > "Vijay Mistry" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > All,
> > > > 
> > > > Firstly let me explain what we have running at our company:
> > > > 
> > > > - Exchange 2003 with service pack 2 is running on our windows 2000 server
> > > > - Outlook 2000 is used by all our users.
> > > > 
> > > > I can send an email on behalf of another user from my mailbox. When someone 
> > > > recieves this email.... in the from field, the recipent can see that I have 
> > > > sent the email on joe bloggs behalf....
> > > > 
> > > > So for example... if "mark" sends an email on behalf of "david" to "John", 
> > > > Upon recieving the email,  John can see in the from field...."from mark on 
> > > > behalf of david".. I only want it to say "david" in the from field...  any 
> > > > ideas? All i want to do is get rid of the "xyz on behalf of" in the from 
> > > > field
> > > > 
> > > > I have setup through active directory the ability to send emails on behalf 
> > > > of someone else. I have on david's account under Exchange general > Delivery 
> > > > options > Added "mark" on the "grant this permission to section" Is this the 
> > > > correct way?
> > > > 
> > > > Also note:
> > > > 
> > > > - This situation has occured on other groups of people within the company 
> > > > who use different mailboxes . Therefore I dont think the problem lies with 
> > > > an individual, within an individual's outlook setting...
> > > > - This problem has started happenning since we upgraded to exchange 2003 
> > > > from 2000
> > > > - Is there something i need to do in the registry keys on our email 
> > > > server???
> > > > 
> > > > HELP HELP.!!!  look forward to hearing from you soon.
> > > > 
> > > > Vijay
0
11/16/2005 4:30:03 PM
Mark,

I have tried this..
When mark enters david in the "from field" and john in the "To field" and 
tries to send the message, he recieves the message:

"You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the 
specified user "

Any ideas?

"Mark" wrote:

> In a new message in Outlook, select Options and the check "From". You will 
> then see the From field in the message, type in the name that you would like 
> the message to originate from in this field.
> 
> "Vijay Mistry" wrote:
> 
> > 
> > Ben, 
> > 
> > Thanks for your response but if im changing the from field, what am i 
> > changing it to or how?? 
> > 
> > Thanks
> > 
> > "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:
> > 
> > > Er - if you are setting the permission to "Send on Behalf of", why are you 
> > > expecting that messages will not contain the Sent on Behalf of string?
> > > 
> > > I think that what you are looking for is the ability for users to Send AS 
> > > other users.  If you go to the properties of a user, Security tab, in the 
> > > list, you should notice a Send As permission.  Grant Send As permissions to 
> > > the user that needs to send as this user and that's it.  Note, that when you 
> > > Add a new account to the permissions, by default it will likely grant Full 
> > > Control - make sure you change that.
> > > 
> > > Finally, you probably have this worked out, but when the user sends mail As 
> > > another user, they need to make sure to change the From field.
> > > 
> > > -- 
> > > Ben Winzenz
> > > Exchange MVP
> > > MessageOne
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "Vijay Mistry" <Vijay Mistry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> > > news:3273BF49-A16D-491B-BD56-E8DCE2BD7F7D@microsoft.com...
> > > > All,
> > > >
> > > > Firstly let me explain what we have running at our company:
> > > >
> > > > - Exchange 2003 with service pack 2 is running on our windows 2000 server
> > > > - Outlook 2000 is used by all our users.
> > > >
> > > > I can send an email on behalf of another user from my mailbox. When 
> > > > someone
> > > > recieves this email.... in the from field, the recipent can see that I 
> > > > have
> > > > sent the email on joe bloggs behalf....
> > > >
> > > > So for example... if "mark" sends an email on behalf of "david" to "John",
> > > > Upon recieving the email,  John can see in the from field...."from mark on
> > > > behalf of david".. I only want it to say "david" in the from field...  any
> > > > ideas? All i want to do is get rid of the "xyz on behalf of" in the from
> > > > field
> > > >
> > > > I have setup through active directory the ability to send emails on behalf
> > > > of someone else. I have on david's account under Exchange general > 
> > > > Delivery
> > > > options > Added "mark" on the "grant this permission to section" Is this 
> > > > the
> > > > correct way?
> > > >
> > > > Also note:
> > > >
> > > > - This situation has occured on other groups of people within the company
> > > > who use different mailboxes . Therefore I dont think the problem lies with
> > > > an individual, within an individual's outlook setting...
> > > > - This problem has started happenning since we upgraded to exchange 2003
> > > > from 2000
> > > > - Is there something i need to do in the registry keys on our email
> > > > server???
> > > >
> > > > HELP HELP.!!!  look forward to hearing from you soon.
> > > >
> > > > Vijay 
> > > 
> > > 
> > > 
0
11/16/2005 9:44:07 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Send As instead of On Behalf Of
Where is the send as permission? I can find the On Behalf Of, but that is not what is needed. Exchange 2003 sp1/Outlook 2003 Thanks in advance, Rob it's on the Security tab of the AD user's properties...make sure your ADUC has "View Advanced Features" selected in the view... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Rob" <nothanks@nospam.com> wrote in message news:elXIdfD2GHA.1268@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Where is the send as permission? I can find the On Behalf Of, but that is > not what is needed. > Exchange 2003 sp1/Outlook 2003 > Thanks in advance, ...

Send on behalf of problem
I have a strange problem where: User A sends a meeting invite to User B. User B has a secretary (User C) who has permissions to send on behalf of User B When User B's secretary accepts User A's meeting invite, another user (User D) gets User B's response to the meeting invite, and the email says "On behalf of User C". Any ideas? "On behalf of User C" sounds normal and expected, given that C is a = delegate for B.=20 It also sounds like D is A's delegate and getting A's meeting responses. = --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring M...

delegate statement "reply on behalf of"
We would like to remove the statement from the "FROM" line when using this option....any ideas? Thanks Gardon Gardon, It sounds like you want to give "Send As" permissions to the delegate. The following article outlines how this is done. 327000 HOW TO: Grant "Send As" and "Send on Behalf" Permissions in Exchange http://support.microsoft.com/?id=327000 Hope this helps. -- Greg Mansius [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Gardon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Rule for 'on behalf of'
Hi I'm trying to get Oulook (2003) to flag messages which are sent by a certain person who is not in my contacts list. The message is sent by a news server 'on behalf of' this person (named after the 'on behalf' line with both a user name and an email address. How do I refer to this person when creating a rule? 'Specified word(s) in the sender's address' doesn't work. :( - Tygrinn Have you tried using the option to search the header for certain text? "Tygrinn" <tygrinn@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:000701c5dc85$30b88f90$6702a8c0@t...

delegates: sending on behalf of hiding
Hi all, would anyone know if it's possible to hide the actual person that sends an email "on behalf of"? Currently, when someone sends "on behalf of" it will say "FirstName LastName [email@domain.top]; on behalf of; Firstname Lastname[email2@domain.top]". I'd like it to just look like email2@domain.top or something like that. Thanks, Rogier. In news:eNhlf.3020$j7.73598@news.indigo.ie, Rogier Schoenmakers <rogierschoenmakers@eircom.net> typed: > Hi all, > > would anyone know if it's possible to hide the actual person that >...

Replying on behalf of
We just started a conversion from Groupwise 6.5 to Exchange 03 and have found a few irritating things that don't work the way you would think they should and would like to find a way to change the behavior. When viewing multiple mailboxes in GW if you sent a message from another box (not yours) the sent item would be in that box and (not in yours). In Exchange if you have rights to view and send on behalf of in another mailbox and you are logged in to AD you are viewing "your" mailbox and the "other" mailbox you have rights to see and also send on behalf of. But ...

Send on Behalf of.
Recently I installed Office 2000 SP3 on my workstation to fix an issue. After installing it, I keep getting the message "A program is trying to send email on your behalf" as I have some applications that do send mail on my behalf. Is there any way to turn this message off. Cheers Usually this is because of the security settings in Outlook. You can lower the level of security to allow it, but bear in mind that if you do, malicious code can also do it... >-----Original Message----- >Recently I installed Office 2000 SP3 on my workstation to >fix an issue. After in...

Sending on behalf of public folder
Hello all, I want some users to only be able to send and recieve email using a general email address like info@mydomain.com I have removed their external email addresses, leaving only the .local adresses and added them to the public folders "send on behalf of" section. Unfourtunately: - They cannot use Outlook remote access - When sending a message on behalf of the public folder, Outlook refuses to send the message. If this is normal behaviour, does anyone know a different solution? If not, what could be wrong? Best regards, Piet ...

send on behalf of #2
When our user's are granted "Send on behalf of" messages, suddenly the attachment which show "sent on behalf of" no longer appears. We are running Exchange 2000 SP3 and the clients are running Outlook 2000 SP3. It was working fine and disappeared. When the users attempt to send a message on behalf of, they put the user's name in the from field (ie Joe Blow). When the message is received on the other end it show it directly coming (ie Paul Blow) and not sent on behalf of Paul Blow by Joe Blow. Anybody have any ideas about how to restore it? ...

removing 'on behalf of' from the 'from' header
Hello All, I have a user who manages several lists using another mailbox (that is not his default). He has this mailbox added into his regular Outlook profile. He has no problems sending messages as his manager, however the from header always reads "Joe User on behalf of Joe Manager" I am wondering if there is anyway to mask this so the from header would simply show from "Joe User." Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks! Adam If you want the messages to come from him, he can view the From field and remove what he sees in there. To make the messages loo...

Send on behalf of a Security group?/
Hi all, I am trying to let a user to send on behalf of a security group. I gave the user send as, and read, write permission on the group, what esle do i have to do in order to grant the user to right to send on behalf of this group. This group is not tied to any public folder or things like that. Cheers Hi all, I am running Exchange 2000 SP3 on windows 2000 server SP4, client are running Outlook 2003. The security group is setup with an email address. I have setup the group security setting acrossing to microsoft KB 327000 and KB 281208. However, it doesn't help. Is th...

"Sent on behalf of..." doesn't appear in messages sent by delegate
Outlook 2000 user/delegate sends on behalf of Outlook 2003 (XP) user, but recipients don't see "Sent on behalf of..." in message header. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you How is this delegate accessing the mailbox of the owner? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, David Becker asked: | Outlook 2000 user/delegate sends on behalf of Out...

Delegates Sending 'On behalf of'
I have recently set the permission for an delegate to send messages on my behalf, and she has been set as an Author to my mailbox. However, when she accesses my Inbox and tries to send on my behalf the recipients do not see 'sent on behalf of' on the message. Also, if she adds the 'from' field to the message view my name is not automatically populated. How can we set it so that when she is sending as me that the from field is filled in? Please, people, post your VERSION of Outlook!!!! Is she directly opening your mailbox or is this a second mailbox that she opens ...

'Send on behalf of' permission
Hi, We have a public folder and we have given a user (Alan) the 'send on behalf of' permission, how can we ensure the user (at outlook) choose the correct email address to send from. for example, the public folder is called Sales.co.uk and the user assigned the 'send on behalf of' permission is Alan. how can i at Alan's outlook, ensure the emails i send out will show the following From Email address: alan on behalf of Sales.co.uk many thanks Alan In news:Ob3QkM%23RGHA.4960@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl, Alan <alanlwk@hotmail.com> typed: > Hi, > > We hav...

Errors sending on behalf of a distribution group in Exchange 2003
Hi everyone, I'm trying to send an email on behalf of a distribution group in exchange 2003 but I'm getting the following error message: "You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator." The distribution group has exchange attributes associated with it and I'm using the "from" field in Outlook to send on behalf of that group. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Cheers, John John, I don't know if it is possible to "Send on Behalf" of a distribution group but you can "Send As&q...

How to send emails as someone else without email showing on behalf of
We are having a really hard time with this issue. We have followed the direction in this Microsoft article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327000, and when the users send the message it still shows at (on behalf of). What could we be missing? Any suggestions? Make sure "associated external user" is not checked or set to anything on an enabled user. You only set this on disabled users. If there is data in MSexchMasterAccountSID for an enabled user, Exchange considers this an invalid configuration and all sorts of things break. <katieacoakl@yahoo.com> wrote in message ...

Send as another user without "Sent on behalf of"
I would like to enable some of our users to send messages "From" another mailbox without the "Sender" header included which results in a "Sent on behalf of" message in email clients. I am using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. I've tried it with and without the "send on behalf of" permissions added under delivery options. I've even created a test mailbox store with a test mailbox. I then enabled a user to have "Send As" permissions on that mailbox store. I did NOT add "send on behalf of" permissions on the individual mailbo...

Send on behalf of distribution list
How do you setup a user in Exchange 2003 to be able to send on behalf of a distribution list. I can't find this, I used ot know in 5.5, but I'm obviouslt getting old.. Any help is appreciated. ...

Send mail on behalf of UserX with UserX's mailbox as extra mailbox
Hi, Running Exchange and Outlook 2000 I need a solution for this scenario. I have some users A and B who have UserX's mailbox configured as a extra mailbox in their Outlook client, so they can respond to mail being recieved by UserX (i.e. a helpdesk account). These same users A and B need to send mail "on behalf of" UserX so our disclaimer software (eXclaimer) adds users A and B signature to email being send by UserX's mail address. In this scenario "Send as" will add UserX's signature, not users A or B's signature. Assigning only "Send on behal...

send on behalf of #6
I recently upgraded all of my client's in the office to Office 2003 from Office 2000. Now, when a user that has access to a Support mailbox sends an email from the Support mailbox, it sends it saying something like this: From: Support (on behalf of Andre...) That never happened in Office 2000. It just used to say: From: Support So far, I've been unable to find a fix for this, including in the KB. I'm sure this has to be a setting somewhere - does anyone know where? My Exchange Server is 2000. Thanks, Andre Send As permissions can only be set in Active Directory Users an...

Disable Error sending email on behalf of user
When trying to send an email from our ERP system I get an error. A program is trying to send e-mail on your behalf. How do I disable this??? See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/sec.htm for your options with regard to = the "object model guard" security in Outlook 2000 SP2 and later = versions.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 &q...

Incoming email 'on behalf of'
All of a sudden, in Outlook 2002 my incoming MSN emails are showing up as being From: on behalf of... and I can't see the text of the message. Also, if I delete a message it still shows up on my MSN inbox and also in Messenger. What gives? ...

How to not see "on behalf of" in Outlook 2002 without Exchange
I have multiple email accounts in my Outlook 2002 setup. When I send email from an account that is not the default account the From field shows "From me@myisp.com on behalf of notme@notmy.isp.com". I there a way that all email accounts send using their own name and not the name of the default account? I do not use MS Exchange. Thanks You shouldn't see that behavior if you use the Accounts button on the toolbar to choose the sending mail account instead of the From field on the new message form. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address wil...

"on behalf of" #2
I do use Exchange server and I have worked with delegates. Which setting do I want? Reply: Do you use Exchange server? If so, you can do that through delegates in Outlook. Becky Hilbert wrote: > How do I set up an e-mail to be sent "on behalf of" > someone else? .. ...

problems sending mail "on behalf of" in office 2003 beta 2
Hi! I cant send mail "on behalf of" (a public folder in this case) from my computer with outlook 2003 beta 2. It works just fine from my computer with outlook xp. The same "from" address and user account used when sending the mail. The error message reads : "You do not have the permissions to send the message on behalf of the specified user" Since I can do this from my machine with outlook xp it shouldn't be a permissions problem. ...