How to rebuild public folders in Exchange 2003

I have run into a problem with a migration from Exchange
2000 to Exchange 2003.  The public folders appear to be
messed up.  This stems back to a migration from 5.5 to
2000.  At this point the public folders are empty.  I
would like to rebuild them, but am looking for the best
approach to do this.  I have seen article 822444, but it
also references rebuilding the public folders.

Any Advice?

Thanks
0
anonymous (74717)

Public Contacts
Hello @ll is it possible to make the GAL avalible as Contact Object in the Public Folder? thanks for your help Francesco Fuoco Can you elaborate on your goal? -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "Francesco Fuoco" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05f501c3daec$fa34d7d0$a101280a@...

Public Folders problem
I am using exchange 2000 and just starting to use public folder. I am having a problem, I cannot add distribution lists from the global address list to asign permisions but I can use global security groups as long as they are mail enabled, is this correct or should I be able to add exchange distribution groups to asign permission to a public folder wayne wayne wrote: > I am using exchange 2000 and just starting to use public folder. I am > having a problem, I cannot add distribution lists from the global address > list to asign permisions but I can use global security groups as...

The Microsoft Community is a public forum
Subject should be a brief, meaningful summary of your question or comment. People are more likely to respond to a post if they ...

Syncing information between AD and Exchange 5.5
I am not sure if anyone can answer this we users on Exchange 5.5 as well as AD. I would would if anyone know of a third party program that will allow me to populate information on the Exchange 5.5 side onto the AD user side? For instance for the email portion of it I would like to populate users email and have it appear on the AD side. I know I might have to select the users which isn't a big deal but anything would be nice. TIA. On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 15:35:52 -0500, "WooYing" <wooying@nospaming.net> wrote: >I am not sure if anyone can answer this we users on Exchan...

Exchange Server 2003 SP3
Does anyone know when (or even if) Microsoft are due to release SP3 for Exchange 2003. I have an issue that has a "call PSS" hotfix, but the KB article states "if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 service pack that contains this hotfix" and I need to evaluate whether it is worth applying the hotfix or just waiting. On Fri, 4 Aug 2006 15:49:46 +0100, "Wayne" <wayne@nospam.com> wrote: >Does anyone know when (or even if) Microsoft are due to release SP3 for >Exc...

Folder View Outlook 2003
I recently renamed my Outlook.pst file so I could replace it with a Outlook.pst file from my main computer. This allows me to keep up to date on my laptop. I have done this numerous times in the past. Both systems us Outlook 2003 with all the current updates. This time, when I did it there are two Personal Folders showing in the Folder View. They are exact duplicates of each other. There is only one pst file indicated in my data path. I have noticed that when I go to E-mail Accounts and look in the "Deliver New Mail To The Following Location" there are to Personal Folde...

Windows 2003 Exchange server won't log off
I can't log off our Windows 2003 Exchange server. I can click on start, log off and click yes for "are you sure?" but nothing happens. It's also running Exchange 2003. This should be posted in the windows newsgroups - this has nothing to do with Exchange. Try one of the newsgroups in microsoft.public.windows.server, or microsoft.public.win2000. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne <jules.farrell@james-chapman.co.uk> wrote in message news:1124183408.839364.223120@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >I can't log off our Windows 2003 Exchange server. I ca...

Database rebuild
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I am using Entourage X on a iMac (10.6). I have been unable to rebuild the database - it freezes on start to rebuild. I did copy the database to another Mac running Entourage X (10.4.11) and was able to rebuild it. <br><br>I duplicated the database on the iMac for backup, then copied the rebuilt database (and other other files) from the other Mac to the iMac. It would not boot and suggested a rebuild. I tried to rebuild, on the iMac and it froze. I forced quit and restarted Ento...

Exchange 5.5 SMTP routing unauthorized mail
My server address has been listed by ORDB as an open relay. I have tested from a laptop with dialup internet with telnet. mail from:<spamtest 250 Sender <spamtest@domain.com> O mail to:<anybody@yahoo.com 250 Recipient <anybody@yahoo.com> O According to Microsoft documentation this should be rejected not OK There is no spamtest account on server. I did not authenticate I have guest account disabled. This is only server in Domain On Routing Tab "Reroute incoming mail (required for pop3/imap4 support)" is set and my 2 domains are both listed as "should be accep...

Authentication Error after CRM Rebuild
We had to rebuild our CRM 3.0 server, and after installing SQL 2005 & CRM and restoring the databases, we are now getting an authentication error in the browser. Note that the original AD security groups in AD were accidentally deleted. Also, we tried to re-associate the databases with CRM through Deployment Manager but the Server Manager part is not displayed. We made sure we were logged in with the CRM installation credentials Any thoughts about how we can get past this? Thanks Yes, 1) Uninstall CRM 2) Run the Redeployment Wizard (on the DVD, Redeployment folder) -- this will do ...

What are the service names for Exchange 2003
What are the service names for Exchange 2003. ie Net stop ? I know you can type out the entire name with "Name" but what are the short names? Is there a MS Article on it? Open the properties for the service and they are shown by the Service Name Why do you want to stop the services using Net Stop? -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "JD" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1782e01c418f0$ecfcbaa0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > What are the service names for Exchange 2003. > ie > Net stop ? ...

Outlook Express wants to load when Outlook 2003 starts
Hi, Everytime I load Outlook 2003, the "Manage Identities" box shows up for Outlook Express within two seconds. Anyone know why OE is trying to start when I load up Outlook 2003? Thanks Which application is set as the Default (in Internet Explorer, Tools>Internet Options>Programs tab)? I'm wondering if a shared resource isn't being touched and you have some sort of registration issue. You might try toggling the default, click Apply and then restart Outlook 2003. I'll check further with some solution notes when I get into the office. Let me know what ha...

Saving MY Calendar into "Publication-Calendar"
My problem is that I have to make a certain type of calendar in every month. It would save lots of time forme if I could find a way that I could save my "calendar setting" and also be able to apply the new month's settings. There is any way that I could save my "home-made" calendar into "Publications-Calendar" and call it up just like the other calendars? Thanks. If you have repeating items you just use the Merge for those items every month. -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" I do not understand ho...

Duplicate emails in Exchange 2003
Hi, One of my users (out of 30) is getting occassional duplicate messages from KNOWN recipients - they come in usually at the same time, or maybe 1 minute difference (but not always)...and the message has a legitimate subject and body. We use Exchange 2003 on Win2003 using Outlook 2002 client and we do NOT use PST for email storage. Any idea? Should I run an offline defrag will that help?? Any tools I can run to see if her mailbox is bad?? Thanks. Dale We have an open call with Microsoft. I will let you know how it goes....if they can figure it out! "Dale" wrote: &g...

Slow Microsoft Word 2003
Frequently, when I am using my Word 2003 on my Windows XP system, the application is slow to respond. For instance, when I go to delete a paragraph from my text, it may take up to 10 seconds for the paragraph to disappear. Other times, when I want to get out of Word 2003, it may take the same amount of time to get back to my desktop. This condition has not always been that way; it's only within the last several months that this began to happen. I have plenty of memory on my XPS system so that is not the problem. Any ideas what may be causing this slowness? Thanks in a...

Public Folders missing after going from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003!!! HELP!
Ok - this is what happened. I was following along in MS KB #316886, and I was on page 5 where it talks about the migration of Public Folders and Mailboxes. What I did was (I didn't read the directions carefully, I know) I went to move the Public Folders to the new 2003 Exchange server. I went to the 5.5 Admin program, and went to the Public Folder that I wanted to move, and I went to Properties, and the Replicas Tab. I misunderstood the directions. So basically, how it was set up was: BEFORE: Servers: Replicate Folders To: EXCH3 EXCHANG EXCH2K3 AFTER: Servers: ...

Exchange not using backup MX for outbound mail
When delivery to the primary MX of a given domain fails, the Exchange 2003 is not using any of the backup mailservers listed for that domain. Currently we are experiencing this problem for a domain with 4 mailservers. I checked this with telnet and only the primary server doesn't respond. Our Exchange only tries the first server, generating "delay messages" for the senders and eventually giving up entirely. Any ideas what can be wrong? TIA. Bj�rn Olievier If the OS isn't Windows 2003 you might want to upgrade it. I know we had issues with this in Windows 2000 / Exchan...

Account for Public Holidays
Hi All - I need to calculate for the last 10 years the number of Tuesdays in each month that did not immediately follow an English public holiday, and the number of Wednesdays in each month that came 2 days after a public holiday. Any ideas (apart from manually looking them up!) Thanks ...

How to force rebuild and update data from msproject to project server database
Hi all, (I use MS Project Pro 2003 connect to Project Server) I have a ms project file (ABC.Published), in this file I have 800 task. In the project server database, table MSP_TASKS, this project has 800 rows, but there are 600 rows in the MSP_VIEW_PROJ_TASKS_STD. I forced rebuild data with this help: http://www.projectserverexperts.com/ProjectServerFAQKnowledgeBase/BinaryRebuild.aspx but data in MSP_VIEW_PROJ_TASKS_STD remain 600 rows. Is there another way to force rebuild MS Project Server Database? I need to see the log for project server error, where can I see? Thanks ...

Exchange Sync Error?
Exchange Server 2003 SP2 Server 2003 SP1 Outlook 2003 SP2 Every so often a user will get the following Sync error. I've tried searching around for that error code and have not come up with much. Naturally, the link does not provide much help to me. Any ideas on what that error actually means and how to fix it? 12:39:53 Synchronizer Version 11.0.6352 12:39:53 Synchronizing Mailbox 'User, Joe' 12:39:53 Synchronizing Hierarchy 12:39:53 Terminated in error 12:39:53 [80040119-100A0103-0-610] 12:39:53 Microsoft Office Outlook Offline Folders 12:39:53 For more information ...

BadMail Folder #5
I recently installed Exchange Server 2003. I notice that my BadMail folder is filling up with all kinds of rejected mail from other servers that was supposedly sent from my domain, but it wasn't. Is this normal? How can I stop the mail from going into this folder? Is there a way I can just direct it to cyberspace? Thanks in advance.. FYI, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884068 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555164 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;867642 -- Jammyù�ٴ� "Bob Becker" <bob@becker.o...

Rebuilding OWA
Hello - I installed SP2 without installing SP1 for Exchange 2003 and ran into the infamous problem with OWA. I managed to get the pages to work by replacing the \Exchsrvr\exchweb\controls with \Exchsrvr\exchweb\6.5.7226.0\controls. However, last night the server was reboot and this morning I am having problems with OWA agian. This time - I'm getting a "invalid procedure call or argument" line 1038 char 1 in ctl_view.htc on every page. I've tried reinstalling SP2, replacing the controls directory with the 6.5.7226.0 version, and a little tinkering, but no soap. Anyone...

Exchange 2003 server outgoing mail queue clogging DSL Line
Hello everyone - I've searched high and low, and can't seem to find a good solution to this problem: I'm a network administrator and support several small business, many of which are about 20 users. We usually have only one SBS Server. The problem that I have is that once in a while I'll get a user on the network who abuses the system and mass mails people (about 20 at a time for example) an e-mail with a large attachment (Like 10 MB for example). Typically my clients are on a business class DSL line which is 256 Mbps up / 4 Mbps down. When I catch these servers with many m...

loaded new 2003 Outlook lost my 2000 information
I loaded the ms office 2003 and lost my information from my outlook >-----Original Message----- >I loaded the ms office 2003 and lost my information from my outlook >. > Firstly you have to find out whether Ms Office 2003 has over write your old Outlook.pst file. Go to explorer and search for your old Outlook.pst file. If you are using Windows XP, you need to go to Folder options in explorer to check Show hidden files and folders, thereafter use the search function to search for the pst file. Your are in luck if there are a few outlook.pst files found, email me for the ne...

Trendline Equations in Excel 2003
Using copy and paste I transferred the trendline equation (in this case a quadratic) from a chart element to a worksheet cell and then subjected it the original data to validate it. The resulting values are magnitudes different to the orignal data - in the millions, not explained by regression tolerance, RHO of 0.998. The x axis values were months - what value does Excel assign to months in Charts because the 1900 system values (eg 39643 for 14 Jul 2008) do not appear to be ones used? Hi tep, What Chart Type did you use? If Line, change it to (x-y)Scatter to get the right result. Als...