How to pull emails from POP3 account to Exchange 2000

------=_NextPart_000_0A74_01C423C9.8948E130

Hello,

I want to get emails for half of the people from our organization. =
However, our provider says that they push only all emails or none. Since =
we cannot handle all the emails, I wonder if there is a way to pull our =
emails individually from the POP3 accounts to our Exchange Server. This =
way we would just pull the accounts that we want.=20

I wonder if that's possible using MS Exchange 2000 on Win 2000. Please =
let me if it is possible and if there is any documentation or guiding on =
that.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
asdf

------=_NextPart_000_0A74_01C423C9.8948E130

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I want to get emails for half of the =
people from=20
our organization. However, our provider says that they push only all =
emails or=20
none. Since we cannot handle all the emails, I wonder if there is a way =
to pull=20
our emails individually from the POP3 accounts to our Exchange Server. =
This way=20
we would just pull the accounts that we want. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I wonder if that's possible using MS =
Exchange 2000=20
on Win 2000. Please let me if it is possible and if there is any =
documentation=20
or guiding on that.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Any help is greatly =
appreciated,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>asdf</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0A74_01C423C9.8948E130--

------=_NextPart_000_00A1_01C423D6.1FCEDA40

Hi Les,

There's nothing built into Exchange to do this.  If it's possible it =
would have to some third party utility.  Check www.slipstick.com.  =
http://www.slipstick.com/exs/popconnect.htm

Craig

--=20
Craig Philbeck
a-cphil@online.microsoft.com
Microsoft PSS

Please do not send email directly to this alias.  This alias is for =
newsgroup purposes only.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no =
rights.
  "les" <tedgozdz79@hotmail.com> wrote in message =
  Hello,

  I want to get emails for half of the people from our organization. =
However, our provider says that they push only all emails or none. Since =
we cannot handle all the emails, I wonder if there is a way to pull our =
emails individually from the POP3 accounts to our Exchange Server. This =
way we would just pull the accounts that we want.=20

  I wonder if that's possible using MS Exchange 2000 on Win 2000. Please =
let me if it is possible and if there is any documentation or guiding on =
that.

  Any help is greatly appreciated,
  asdf

------=_NextPart_000_00A1_01C423D6.1FCEDA40

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi Les,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>There's nothing built into Exchange to =
do=20
this.&nbsp; If it's possible it would have to some third party =
utility.&nbsp;=20
Check <A href=3D"http://www.slipstick.com">www.slipstick.com</A>.&nbsp; =
<A=20
href=3D"http://www.slipstick.com/exs/popconnect.htm">http://www.slipstick=
..com/exs/popconnect.htm</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Craig</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>Craig Philbeck<BR><A=20
href=3D"mailto:a-cphil@online.microsoft.com">a-cphil@online.microsoft.com=
</A><BR>Microsoft=20
PSS</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Please do not send email directly to this alias.&nbsp; This alias =
is for=20
newsgroup purposes only.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no =

rights.</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV>"les" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:tedgozdz79@hotmail.com">tedgozdz79@hotmail.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
  message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:qGWfc.35027$vF3.1978560@news20.bellglobal.com">news:qGWfc.35=
027$vF3.1978560@news20.bellglobal.com</A>...</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello,</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I want to get emails for half of the =
people from=20
  our organization. However, our provider says that they push only all =
emails or=20
  none. Since we cannot handle all the emails, I wonder if there is a =
way to=20
  pull our emails individually from the POP3 accounts to our Exchange =
Server.=20
  This way we would just pull the accounts that we want. </FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I wonder if that's possible using MS =
Exchange=20
  2000 on Win 2000. Please let me if it is possible and if there is any=20
  documentation or guiding on that.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Any help is greatly =
appreciated,</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>asdf</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00A1_01C423D6.1FCEDA40--

0
a-cphil (97)
4/16/2004 9:13:23 PM
les wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to get emails for half of the people from our organization.
> However, our provider says that they push only all emails or none.
> Since we cannot handle all the emails,

Why not?

> I wonder if there is a way to
> pull our emails individually from the POP3 accounts to our Exchange
> Server. This way we would just pull the accounts that we want.
>
> I wonder if that's possible using MS Exchange 2000 on Win 2000.
> Please let me if it is possible and if there is any documentation or
> guiding on that.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated, asdf

0
kpalagin1 (1216)
4/16/2004 9:43:49 PM
Hi, Les -

I've replied to this identical message in several other groups - if you need
to post to multiple groups, it's best to do so all at once in a single
message (separate the NG names with commas) so that everyone can follow the
thread. A lot of people subscribe to multiple groups, and this way you won't
be asking anyone to reproduce someone else's work, and everyone can benefit.

les wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to get emails for half of the people from our organization.
> However, our provider says that they push only all emails or none.
> Since we cannot handle all the emails, I wonder if there is a way to
> pull our emails individually from the POP3 accounts to our Exchange
> Server. This way we would just pull the accounts that we want.
>
> I wonder if that's possible using MS Exchange 2000 on Win 2000.
> Please let me if it is possible and if there is any documentation or
> guiding on that.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated,
> asdf

0
lanwench (7567)

Off Topic: Pulling Hair Out
Want to have some fun? Search microsoft.public.pos on google groups for "hair." You'll get all of the posts about people pulling thier hair out. Hint: There's more than one page. ...

Upgrade Outlook 2000 #2
How to upgrade Outlook 2000 to next upgrade version? I used win xp pro with ie 6 and outlook 2000. Hopping guideline. You need to go out and buy the new version, there is no upgrade, only patches. If you are a student, you can get a good price on the latest Version that is Outlook 2003 -- Tedd Riggs PDA Square Content Developer www.pdasquare.com Redmond, WA "Student" <vitarag@softhome.net> wrote in message news:%23sdVziZ8DHA.2576@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > How to upgrade Outlook 2000 to next upgrade version? I used win xp pro with > ie 6 and outlook 2000. Hopping ...

duplicate email after 2003 upgrade
I just installed the trial version of OL2003 and now I have a duplicate of every email in my inbox. How can I get rid of these dupes? Check your list of e-mail accounts -- make sure you don't have the same account listed twice. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:0e8e01c3b68f$87e2c470$7d02280a@phx.gbl, chainbucket wrote: > I just installed the trial version of OL2003 and now I > have a duplicate of every email in my inbox. How can I &g...

Exchange 2000 mailboxes and merging?
I have come into work today to find that our Exchange 2000 server is not well! Some of the staff here tried fixing it over the weekend but have nt been successful in getting the private store back up (66gb) what they have done is create new mailboxes under a new store. My question is if i can restore the old private store back again can i merge the existing data in the old store with the new??? TIA Kind Regards Daniel Orchard is it exmerge? Dan Orchard wrote: > > I have come into work today to find that our Exchange 2000 server is > not well! > Some of the staff here trie...

Printing an Email Distribution List
Is there anyway to Print the members of a Distribution List that was created in the Global Address Book? Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you. ...

outlook express: can not send or receive emails
I can no longer send and receive emails using my outlook express. It just stopped working. I have double checked all the settings, they are correct, I have internet access. And have even established a new email account using outlook. It seems like I might have received a virus that disabled my outlook express. The following message is the only piece of evidence I can find may point to the problem. An unknown error has occurred. Protocol: POP3, Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800C013B Any suggestions? YOu can email me at davidk65@wayne.edu or contactdavidnow@hotmail....

HTML Emails
I am using Windows Live Mail. I just purchased a new computer with Windows 7 and this mail program is new to me. I send out HTML emails to a group of people. I used to be able to switch over to “Source Edit” in the Windows Vista mail program and just past my HTML source code into the email and it would work. Now I can not figure out how to copy and paste my HTML for it to work. Can anyone help? Erik You can use a signature or stationery file to add HTML code. Signatures only insert body code. Stationery inserts style and body code. Create a 'insert.htm' file. ...

Users with Email address not in All Users list
I have some users with Email addresses established (no mailbox) and would like to have them appear in the All Users recipient list. How would I do that? ...

Pull down menu
Hello, I am trying find a way to make a pull down menu in excel. I have a list of foods on one sheet in a workbook where all the nutrition information is stored per food type where the row indicates the food type and the columns indicate the nutrition info ie: Carbs, Protein, Fats, Calories etc. This sheet has roughly 300 or so food items listed in rows. How can I create a pull down menu in another cell on another worksheet as a method to select a food item from the food sheet? Any help is appreciated, Dave --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (...

Catch all emails
Just wondering if anyone has used the MS recommended product - MailBasketMD (http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/partners/mailutilities.a sp) - to catch all emails. I've also been told this can be done within Exchange 2003. Can it be done or do you need this third party software. Seems strange that you would need the software. "Nik" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Just wondering if anyone has used the MS recommended >product - MailBasketMD >(http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/partners/mailutilities.a >sp) - to catch all emails. > >I'...

Get email back from RSS folder in Outlook 2007
I was dragging an email from my INBOX to a folder (ie:stuff) and bumped the mouse, and it 'dropped' my email while I was over RSS FEEDS folder. Question is, how do I recover that email? I can create a new folder in the INBOX and copy email and postings from RSS feed into it, but there is still email showing in the RSS FEED folder. Drag and drop it back to the Inbox (or the subfolder you want it in). -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Mi...

outlook express accounts
I have set up 3 accounts via earthlink in outlook express. Each has a seperate account address. Mail for all three accounts come into my address account "main identity" using xp professional format on my computer. Any suggestions? Thanks, Dennis Dennis <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have set up 3 accounts via earthlink in outlook express. > Each has a seperate account address. Mail for all three > accounts come into my address account "main identity" > using xp professional format on my computer. Any > suggestions? Ask in an Outl...

Need to browse 100's of file TITLES in Excel 2000
When I go to File>Open the Windows Explorer box will only let me see 1 file title at a time (for the currently highlighted file name). need to scan 100's of spreadsheet files with similar names but distinctiv titles. Am I missing a display option or is there an add-in or Explorer Fil Manager replacement I could use to display the title of every file name in the display -- jeffbro2770 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jeffbro27707's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=85 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-187039842 ...

Emailing Invoices
Hi, Does anyone know a way for RMS to be able to email invoices the way QuickBooks does? Thanks -- Sacha Save it as a PDF then email it. www.pdf995.com Rob "sachafav" <sachafav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22759D8D-8E1D-498D-898F-26FB4A4DDD85@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Does anyone know a way for RMS to be able to email invoices the way > QuickBooks does? > > Thanks > -- > Sacha We configured a workstation with a PDF printer from Primo. We print the invoice to this printer which creates a PDF file on the desktop and ema...

Exchange 2000 alias
Hello Everyone, I am using windows 2000 Small Business Server, with Exchange 2000, Clients have win2k with outlook 2k. My boss would like to send emails as anyone in the company from his outlook without having to exit outlook and login as another user. Is there a way to do this, He already has everyones email mailbox in his outlook folder list. He already has permissions on each user to be owner, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA Richard. On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:47:57 -0400, "mds" <mdsrepair@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hello Everyone, > > ...

Print deletes email
When I choose Print from the file menu the email I want to print deletes and doesn't print. This only happens when the menu is expanded. I can print from the print icon on the toolbar. This is in Outlook 2003 Any ideas? Thanks Print what from which version in which window? Really, do you expect the crystal ball to have that much power? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, bodowspam@charter.net asked: | When I ...

Save Attachments should be available in an open email
The Save Attachment option is only available in Outlook when the e-mail is closed. If you double-click the email and open it, this option is not available, it would be more convenient if it was. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.mic...

Outgoing Emails
My Outlook stopped sending out my emails. I can receive, but I cannot send. I have updated and reloaded. Nothing works. Any help? ...

Disable CRM Email
Is there any way to disable email in CRM? Hello Do you mean internal email? If you remove the email address for a user in CRM then that user will not be able to send email or have email sent to them from CRM. External email will require the MSCRM Exchange connector. Regards Dan "roleca" wrote: > Is there any way to disable email in CRM? ...

Outlook 2000 doesn't remember email password
I cannot get Outlook 2000 to remember my email password, with the consequence that I have to send and receive emails manually. I was directed to Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 259416 which in turn prescribes an edit of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Protected Storage System Provider. The problem is that that file does not seem to exist on my comptuer (WIndows XP Home). I would welcome advice. ...

Missing email #3
For several months now, I have been having a problem with not receiving all of my email. Many, many times, I have learned that someone sent me an email, yet I never received it. Also, emails I send are sometimes not received. I have a small LAN and WLAN and my husband, who sits three feet away, always seems to get his email. I have taken to having him copied on anything important and he always seems to get his copy, but I frequently don't get mine. I have tried eliminating every possible cause I could think of, including the following: 1 - My system: The problem also occ...

Money 99
Anyone know how Money calculates the interest on Credit Card Accounts? When I set up the account and enter the interest rate and payment, I can go to the balance forecast and it only shows my payment being deducted each month and no interest being drawn. Have you got your CC in the Debt Reduction Planner? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes email to mnyukwsh@microsoft.com. "Sally" <...

Problem with View Source / Outlook 2000
I searched some more, found that the problem is caused when the Temporary Internet files cache is too big. Deleted the cache and the problem is solved. Changed the settings to a more reasonable 100 MB and it shouldn't happen again Steven =================================== I'm using Outlook 2000 and Win 2000, no problems now (had to reinstall Windows last week for unrelated reasons). I also use ZoneAlarm and Outlook has permission only to access the Trusted zone, not the Internet in general. Something has happened in the past couple of days. I got an email that looked blank ...

Exchange 2003 IMF Virus Vulnerability???
We have recently migrated from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003, and it has made a world of difference. OWA is amazingly user intuitive and IMF has been catching hundreds of spam messages a day. Plus, IMF has decreased false positives. However, we currectly have a virus problem or potential problem. IMF has been setup to archive all blocked messages. Our antivirus (Computer Associate's eTrust) has an Exchange agent which successfully filters virus messages and attachements. Yesterday, we started to receive messages that the scanner has found viruses in the archive directory. The probl...

Email Disclaimer
Hi, Several of my colleagues are generating emails via VBA code I have added to their excel workbooks. We use Outlook/MS Exchange for emails and have a general disclaimer set to go on all messages. Unfortunately the disclaimer and individual colleague signatures are not present on VBA generated emails. What is the best way to resolve this. Thanks in advance Richard You can add it in the html body What is the code you use now Do you use Outlook or ? -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Richard" <Richard@discussions.micros...