How to programmatically get the size of public folders on Exchange Server

Hello,

Can you help me please? I have public folder structure in public foders on
exchange server. I would like list public folders with size on each folder
with subfoldes. I prefer example of script which can I do this. I read
Q320071 (How to programmatically get the size of mailbox folders on Exchange
Server) but when I change path from mbx to public folder then the script
doesn't work as i excepted.

Thank you
Daniel Vojvoda

0
vojvoda (6)

a way to get all the threads
Hi, Is there a way to get all the old threads in a single downloadable file so that I can leisurely go in to each of it at a convenient time. Pl some one may enlighten me about this. If you used Outlook Express, you would be able to see about 12 weeks once they all downloaded. Entries will disappear when you synchronize with the Microsoft newsserves and later entries will be added. You would not be able to read all the messages and keep up to date. Some of the groups generate about 1000 messages per day. If you are not behind a corporate firewall would suggest using Outlook Express...

Stan alone outlook merge with exchange
Hi, On my laptop, I used to have outlook configured in stand alone mode and built up a whole bunch of contacts, appointments and email history. Now, I have a new domain connection to an exchange server, and I want to merge my stand alone contacts/dates/mails into my Exchange profile. what is the easiest way of doing this? On 10 Oct 2005 07:36:40 -0700, "JaffaB" <jaffa_brown@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: >Hi, > >On my laptop, I used to have outlook configured in stand alone mode and >built up a whole bunch of contacts, appointments and email history. >Now, I have a new...

Exchange mailroot Virus
Hi, when it runs the Antivirus shows this message. "ServerProtect has detected a virus in this file. It is identified to be a harmful virus. Click the right button on your mouse to take action against this file. File E:\Programmi\Exchsrvr\Mailroot\vsi 1\Queue\NTFS_00ee01be01c38a4d00000016.EML does not exist or its attribute is read only. No further operation is allowed. " could you give me some advice to understand the trouble..? thanks in advance Lucia You probably want to exlude those directories from the anti virus scanning. Those files in there are only transiting thr...

Setting Exchange 2007 GAL permission
Hey! Been looking for a solution to this everywhere! but to no avail. On my Exchange 2007 box I have different groups of mailusers. What I would like to do, is create a different GAL for each of these groups (the groups would be like: Familly, Friends, Work. Now, I found out how to create a new GAL (via cmdlets - WHY on earth can't you do this in in the management console Microsoft????) But I can't do ANYTHING with this new GAL - including setting permissions on the different GAL's so that users only can se the other users in their groups. So, the question being, how do I set ...

When I restart the CRM server , I can not access http://crm
Only the left frame show,the detail can not show up. Is there anyone know what happen? try http://crm/loader.aspx are you seeing errors on your browsers status bar? also I assume you are using IE -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "kyle" <kyle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BCD40AC-8E95-497A-9133-BA66D13B6CE8@microsoft.com... > Only the left frame show,the detail can not show up. Is there anyone know > what happen? ...

Get #### when typing
When typing a lengthy statement in a cell I get ######. Is there a character limitation in Excel 2007 and is there a work around to this? Thank you Bill Try formatting the cell as General. Excel has a display problem with strings between 255 and 1024 characters in cells formatted as text. Bill wrote: > > When typing a lengthy statement in a cell I get ######. Is there a character > limitation in Excel 2007 and is there a work around to this? > > Thank you > > Bill -- Dave Peterson Try to make the cell/column wider and/or try to format...

Exchange 2K3 to Sendmail delay
Hi, I've posted about this before, but still trying to figure this out. I'm having issues where e-mails to a particular domain is being delayed sporatically (more often than not though) though e-mail to just about everywhere else is fine. On my end, I'm running E2K3 SP2 on W2K3 SP1. The domain in question is a large bank, and they use Sendmail. What I notice is that messages going to this company sit in the queue for prolonged periods of time, but eventually goes out. When I check the queue status, I see all the messsaging sitting in there with a status of "queued"...

ActiveSync stops suddenly and only works after server reboot
Hello, I am running exchange 2003 standard sp1 on a windows 2000 sp4 server. After some little problems I have activesync working like a charm through two ISA 2000 servers (back to back) with multiple SMTP adresses and so on. The server is dedicated for exchange, no antivirus file scanners and no SSL is used. I just have one problem I 'm still unable to figure out. After a period of time activesync suddenly stops working and it will only work again if I reboot the complete server. Anyone an idea where to look ? Futhermore, are there except MOM2005 monitoring/error reporting utiliti...

Not Getting Incoming EMails On A Constitant Basis
I get emails on a sporadic basis- running Vista Home Premium. When I click on "receive incoming email" option, it shows "receiving emails and then "disconnecting" very rapidly. What causes this and how can it be fixed? when I send myself a test email, sometimes I get it right away and sometimes not. Has anyone encountered this problem? It sounds like an issue with your email provider. I would check with = them and also log on to webmail if they provide that and see if it has = the same behavior. =20 steve "mesageorge" <mesageorge@di...

Moving Public Folders #5
Is there anyway to move the hiearchy in the public folder listing? We have this +Public Folders Pub Folder1 Pub Folder2 Pub Folder3 What we want is this: +Public Folders Organization Name Pub Folder1 Pub Folder2 Pub Folder3 There are over 20K items, so moving them by hand is definatly out of the question. How can we create a new top level folder then place all existing folders under that? ESM only selects one item, and PFDavAdmin doesnt seem like it can do it. Thanks. On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 17:03:27 -0800, Vicnice <Vicnice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:...

Receives all messages from server, again and again
Lately, Outlook 2002 goes into a mode and retreives all messages on my ISP server, even thought these messages have been retreived before. Any thoughts? Thanks. Bob G'Day Bob, This can happen if: 1. Your ISP has a problem with traffic volumes OR 2. Outlook is not set up properly. CheckOutlook: Go to your Inbox Tools>E-mail Accounts 'View or change existing e-mail accounts' NEXT 'Change' Button 'More Settings...' Button 'Advanced' Tab Make sure the 'Lea...

Exchange 5.5 news server permission
Hi, is it possible to set permission for NNTP ? eg. when user logon to news server via outlook express, can i specify read-only, read and post message, full-access ... etc, permission on different newsgroup for different users ?? I have tried to set it through Client permission in the General tab of the newsgroup properties but seems not working ... Thanks Steven Assuming E55, in Exch Admin prog\Tools\Options\Permissions\Display ... and then assign permissions in properties of each PF. Steven Wong wrote: > Hi, > > is it possible to set permission for NNTP ? > eg. when user...

attachment gets garbled
When sending an attatchment with outlook e-mail, usually .pdf or .jpeg, it becomes garbled and ends up at the other end as a .dat file. any help would be greatly appreciated. "Greg" <gdmartin@mchsi.com> wrote in message news:04dc01c35097$9fa17bf0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When sending an attatchment with outlook e-mail, > usually .pdf or .jpeg, it becomes garbled and ends up at > the other end as a .dat file. any help would be greatly > appreciated. Change your email format from "Rich Text" to either "HTML" or "Plain Text". -- Andrew ...

Export Chart for publication
I have a big problem with Excel chart 1. How can I export excel chart with eps or some other raster format 2. When you export a chart using vba with tiff, png,... the graphic quality is low an also it always shows the grid thicker than the original one. Would you please direct me how can I control size of charts for example in mm ? ...

Need to get slope of peaks on excel graph
I have a graph with many peaks which are decreasing logarithmically and i need to get the slope of these peaks ignoring the "Noise" which is below these peaks. Any suggestions ??? Sorry I probaly didnt word the question well. My graph has many peaks e.g. 20 peaks, each one smaller than the previous one. What i am trying to do is draw a lins through the top of these peaks and then get the slope of this line. I have tried using the trendling but with no success. It does give me ths slope of the whole graph which is useful but not what i am looking for. Regards Capillod &quo...

CDO, asp with exchage server
Hi, We have 1 web server which are hosts our web pages, 1 exchange server both are 2 different machines, iam trying to send email from ASP 3.0 page using CDOSYS it works fine if i use local host as smtp server configuration. but i dont know how to use exchange server rather than my local host, because i need to send 10000 emails which are in our web server. if i use local host it stops after sending 500 emails. ...

Publishing to Web
I published my website to web then uploaded the index.htm file and created directory for the index_files then uploaded all of the files created by Publisher 2003 to it. However, none of my graphics will display on the website. All that is displayed are the alternate text. The url for this is wsitinc.com Can some one help explain what I did wrong and where to put the graphics to get them to display? thanks! > I published my website to web then uploaded the index.htm > file and created directory for the index_files then > uploaded all of the files created by Publisher 2003...

How to get SUMPRODUCT on filtered cells
I'm currently using the formula =SUMPRODUCT((F2:I1475>=1)*(F2:I1475<=9999)) This gives me the number of the full range of cells but I need this to update whenever I use a variety of filters. Any help is greatly appreciated Sam.D Say we have data in A1 thru B29 like: flia value 0 pass 2 pass 1 pass 2 pass 1 pass 2 pass 0 pass 2 pass 1 pass 2 pass 1 pass 0 pass 2 pass 0 pass 1 pass 1 fail 1 fail 0 fail 2 fail 1 fail 0 fail 1 fail 2 fail 1 fail 1 fail 1 fail 1 fail 2 fail and are appling autofilter to column a. We want to use sumpr...

Top 100 Mailboxes by Size #2
Hi all, I am newbie to this Exchange server, as per my project requirement i require performance object and counter for the "Top 10 Mailbox's by size across all the Exchange Servers under management". i gone through this link http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3MgmtPakGuide/7acebaa2-6725-46a8-b049-421d6e93ed25.mspx?mfr=true in this i find one Script which calculate Top 100 Mailboxes by Size. but in this all are user defined performance counters and object. so can u sort out me in brief and Is there any performance counter to find the value of ...

From field getting lost
hi, The From field in the Outlook 2K screen has disappeared. If I go to View menu and custom view and add the From field, i have it back. But I have some 20 folders where this has happened. Is there an easier way to do this? I d also like to understand why and how this happened too. Cos once I am not sure if I did anything, but the field came back and after a while it was gone again. Any help please? Thanks Ramesh if you use the same view on all folders, reset the view. if you don't have custom views, you can close outlook and restart it using the /cleanviews switch. http...

kb924334 exchange 2003
My backend server automatically downloaded this update but my front end server did not download it. Even if i go to windows update, I do not see it as an available update. I had to manually install this update. Any ideas? Did you go to Microsoft Update on the FE? This is an update to Exchange Server, so Windows Update is not likely to display it as an available update - that's for Windows OS-related updates. Check the \System32 folder on your BE Server - does it have a MUWEB.DLL? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ------...

How do I get to the New Publication task frame?
After opening Publisher, my instructions say to choose Gift Certificates from the New Publication task frame. I can't for the life of me, find a "New Publication task frame" so I can't get past the second step! Can anyone help? Please write me at srsales@hiausmid.com if you can. Tools, Options, check *Show Publication types when starting Publisher* Then File, New. Or click Change Template on the Publication page. This is for 2007. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Beachlvr" <Beachlvr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Need to get rid of Live Messenger on 32 bit XP pro system
I have a very corrupt version of Windows Live Messenger on a 32 bit XP pro system. It started as a virus that I was able to get rid of. Everything but meesenger works fine. When I attempted to uninstall it the system reported that the files do not exist. When I try to reload it the system reports that I already have it. I looked on the C drive and all but three files are missing from the Messenger folder. When I try to delete that folder it tells me the remaining files are in use. I am at wits end here and really do not want to wipe the machine and start over. Anyone with any ide...

How many files is an IMC of Exchange using?
Hi everyone, I have an issue with my Exchange 5.5 IMC, which was added after the Exchange, its Service Pack(4), and Hotfixes were installed. I suspect there might be some files, if IMC is not just using MSEXCIMC.exe, mis-matching at version level. Could anyone who knows provide me the info in the subject line? Thanks in advance Eric What is the issue? eric z wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I have an issue with my Exchange 5.5 IMC, which was added after the > Exchange, its Service Pack(4), and Hotfixes were installed. I suspect there > might be some files, if IMC is not just...

Listing calendar events by attachment size.
Entourage 2008 for Mac, Web Services Edition. Version 13.0.4 My user is trying to list all calendar events that have attachments. Her inbox on the Exchange server is getting full and it's always because people include all sorts of documents in the meeting request. In Entourage when I list "all events", events with attachments do not show up in that list with the Attachment check box checked. If I go back to the PC in Outlook and say search for Calendar events with attachments messages show up in the list. Can these only be listed and deleted on the PC? Sounds sil...