How to preserve Rich Text Format on replies??

Our Exchange server is version 5.5 still.

I want to set up the Exchange server such that if a domain user
replies to a message that arrived in Rich Text format from another
Outlook user on the Internet the reply shall also be in rich text.

As it is now our users receive the message in rich text. Then they
reply and edit the reply with rich text so they can color code certain
parts of it. And they also copy the reply to a user in the same
company, i.e. on the same Exchange server.

But when the reply is sent out to the original sender he receives
the message in plaintext, whereas the internal user sees it in rich
text as does the sender if he looks in his sent items folder! So the
same message is different for these users, surely this cannot be
accepted!

If the sender changes the To: address, which has been put there by
Outlook after clicking the reply button, to the same address but
taken from his own address book, then the output message is in rich
text to all including the person on the Internet!

Obviously I want the message to retain its rich text format without
the users having to change the address of the message after making a
reply.

So where do I set this?? I have looked everywhere I can think of. In
the Exchange Server settings for Internet Email I have made every
change I can think of. Also in Outlook I have searched for this
setting, but with no success.

Please help!

Mail Merge Formatted Table from Access to Word
I want to merge and entire table from Acces to Word, complete with formatting. I can get records from a table to appear from my Access table in Word , but what if the number of records periodically changes? The formated table in Word will then become obsolete. Is it possible for the table (the actual formatting that displays borders around the records, etc) to be able to contract or expand based on the number of records in the Access table? I haven't figure out how to do this, and the options in Microsft Query don't appear to allow for much formatting. Thanks, Ruben. On Jul 2,...

text quality
i have resently upgraded from publisher 98 to 2003 and i am unable to get the same quality text. how do i improve the quality of the texts? How does the text look when you print? Do you have a flat screen monitor? Microsoft PowerToys has included the Clear Type Tuner, it will improve how text looks on your screen. It is a free download. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx An upgraded video driver might help too. Go to the manufacturer's web site and look around. If the text does not print right, a printer driver upgrade could be the solution. -- M...

ComboBox text Limit
Hi all you Experts I need to create a dropdown list in a form field that will allow users to choose from the entries that are pre-populated. As my list is going to be longer than 25 entries I have used a Userform with a combo box. As far as I can tell, each entry in the list is limited to 50 characters, but some of my choices will need to be double this length. Is there any way of using VBA code to increase the number of characters available? -- Thanks in advance of help. Geoff The limit maybe 255 characters, but it is definitely not 50. -- Hope this helps. Pl...

Preserve Shape Data
I have a server shape with custom properties (shape data) defined. Now, I would like to take the server shape and make various versions of it, i.e. add an envelope to make it e-mail server shape w/o losing the shape data of the server. Any time I group the envelope and the server shape, the new shape looses the custom properties I would like to preserve. If I add the new shape w/o grouping to a stencil, grouping will automatically occur resulting again in losing the data. Would anybody know how to get around this? On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 13:42:05 -0800, Germex <Germex@discussions.micr...

Full Text Indexing
I have enabled full text indexing on Exchange 2003 with the purpose of being able to search through all user's email folders for a key word. Even after doing this, it appears that I can only search my own folders. I am doing the search with the Advanced Find in Outlook 2003 and have disabled cached mode (have also tried OWA). I followed the steps for setting up FTI. It has generated the indexes (over 200k). I also set it to allow clients to do searchs on the FTI, but it does not seem to function... at least not how I would expect. 1. Am I wrong in assuming that I should be able to ...

Stripping Blank Lines from text box
Hi I have a text box on a form called 'disAddress' with 'Enter Key Behavior' set to 'New Line in Field' I have 9 variables D(0) to D(8) that contains lines of addresses for exmple D(0) could equal "123 Freet Street" D(1) could equal "Near Dartford" and D(3) could equal "" and D(4) could equal "Australia" etc. I am tryng to display the address in a text box with no blank lines taking the information from the variables. D(0) = "25 Albert Road" D (1) = "" D(2) ="Wilmington" I dont want it to show ...

connecting text boxes that already have text inside
How do you connect two or three text boxes that are already full. I want to combined text boxes. Autoflow? Temporally, make the first box larger. Then copy and then paste into the first box. Delete the contents of box two. Select box 1, click on the chain link in the tool bar, put the cursor over box 2 and the cursor will turn into a tipped tea pot, left click. Resize box 1 and anything that can't fit in box 1 will now flow into box 2. You can link as many pages (boxes) as you wish and they don't have to be in sequence. You could link box 1 to 23 and link it to 12 and link it...

Optimum file formats for import of xcel data to PDA?
I want to import an excel based file to a PDA. What is the best format to save the parent file in, so as to optimise the file size (or is there an optimal format?). Presently as an excel based file the size is 4M! I can remove some content which will reduce it - but not more than 1M to 1.5M ... Any idea? Don- Hi It really depends how much information you want. If you only need to get the actual data in (rather than the format too) then use CSV. This will probably be as small as you can get. -- Andy. "Don Niall" <donniall@aol.com> wrote in message news:2bcde01c468ec...

Format Column by text in first row
I have multiple documents with similar data, but not always in the same format (thanks to too many users touching them). Each document has multiple sheets and I would like to write a Macro that will format a particular column to a certain Date Format. I know how to write this macro if you already know the Column, but it isn't always the same. This particular column has a header in the first cell, with the data below it; but for different sheets, it isn't in the same position. For the first sheet it could be column G and for another it could be column L. But for all the sheets, the ...

Marking Reply Text
I am trying to set-up Outlook such that when I reply to a message by noting my own comments against those of the originator (in the original text), these are automatically highlighted and shown in a different colour. I know this is possible as I use the feature on another PC. I have tried: Tools - Options - Preferences - E-mail Options and then ticked the box 'Mark my comments with:' but this has made no difference. Any ideas? I am running Outlook 2003 SP2. Many thanks. that only works with html and RTF formatting and possibly only if using word as the editor. -- Diane ...

Aligning text in a list view
How can I center or right align text when using a list view in report mode? "Chris Baker" <ChrisBaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1AC67CFC-1CA3-418D-874C-98B48A7C9FEF@microsoft.com... > How can I center or right align text when using a list view in report mode? > Hey, Use following flags when inserting new columns: LVCFMT_LEFT LVCFMT_RIGHT LVCFMT_CENTER For example, yourListCtrl.InsertColumn(0, _T("Column name"), LVCFMT_CENTER, iWidth); Regards. ...

conditional formatting for more than 3 conditions
Hi, Is there any solution for the following : I have six type of conditions, if any condition is met, cell colour should be yellow. For example, if cell value is any one of the following : DATA1 DATA2 DATA3 DATA4 DATA5 DATA6 All cells containing above should show yellow colour in the file. Please help. Thanks, Jai formula is =or(c1="data1",c1="data2",etc) or =or(c1={"data1","data2"}) -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Jai" <Jai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Text from table won't display
Hi everyone, thanks for being so helpful. I'm working on a report and included is a text box whose control source is from the table I've queried. The actual data from the table isn't showing up on the report when I open it, though. And it's only this text field. Other text fields work fine and my date fields also show up fine. I've made sure that I included this column in the query, but nothing I do makes the data appear. Please help. Set the control's border to red, do you see this in preview? What section of the report contains the control? -- Duane Hookom Micro...

Formatting Pallette
The formatting pallette jumps completely off the screen. I've tried removing and then installing back to the toolbar, all the customize options, did the update, and it still jumps off the screen. Any ideas? Hi Steve, Known issue. See the tutorial here to get it back: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/office/formattingpalettegone.html Hope that helps, On 8/15/06 8:21 AM, "Steve" wrote: > The formatting pallette jumps completely off the screen. I've tried > removing and then installing back to the toolbar, all the customize > options, did the update, and it s...

find text, display text
I want to find text within a cell and, if found, display a text message of my choosing. For instance, if A1 has the txt "Special Price", then I want B1 to say, "Special." If it says "Regular Price", I want B1 to say "Reg." Thanks! Hi you may have a look at VLOOKUP (together with a lookup table). See: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "shaun" <shaun@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:F55C22DF-F71D-4261-A4D8-91DA409F4989@microsoft.com... > I want to find tex...

Changing Hyperlinks, absolute to relative and preserving them
Hyperlinks in Publisher, batch changing old hyperlinks and converting absolute hyperlinks to relative hyperlinks. A document was written in Publisher (.html the report will be viewed through a browser) with many absolute hyperlinks. It was transferred onto the network at base from a HDD, but will ultimately be supplied on a CD where it will almost certainly be transferred to another network for use. All the old hyperlinks are related to the isolated system and know no longer work; they were supposed to be relative but created by mistake as absolute. First is there an easy wa...

Text Recognition software
Can someone recommend Text Recognition software (OCR (Optical Charactor Recognition) that can be used with HP LaserJet 3055 Printer/Scanner/Fax machine? So need to scan a picture of words (a typed letters)and turn it into an editable document that can be opened and used in your desktop publishing software, word processor, or other text editor. thanks. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_007E_01CA6F3A.B710D380 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="koi8-r" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable "Trion" <Trion@nospam...

counting instances of predefined text in a row
Hi Sorry am new to this. Can someone please tell me how I can get the total at the end of a row that text like Mid, Har,Yor, Sto is entered into cells. I also ahave number in cells in the rows that I do not want to count Thanks Try the COUNTIF Function. From MS documentation:- =COUNTIF(B2:B25,"Nancy") Please hit yes if my comment has helped. Thanks. "Zing" wrote: > Hi > > Sorry am new to this. > > Can someone please tell me how I can get the total at the end of a row that > text like Mid, Har,Yor, St...

Changing tooltip text
Hi all, I have a standard toolbar in my application, with tooltips created in the normal way (i.e. string resource with "Status prompt\ntooltip"). The question is, how can I change the text of the tooltips at runtime? Cheers mark-r -- I put ten different puns in my .sig I hoped that at least one of them would make you laugh No pun in ten did Mark Robinson wrote: > The question is, how can I change the text of the tooltips at runtime? Found the solution on CodeGuru! Cheers mark-r -- I put ten different puns in my .sig I hoped that at least one of them would make you la...

How do I change the default location for importing text files?
In earlier versions of Excel, when I wanted to import text files, I would click "Data", "Import external data", and "Import data". For the first file to import, I would navigate to where the file was, and click on it to import it. After the first file was imported, I would always be in the last folder from which I imported data when I went to get a new file. Now I've upgraded to Excel 2002 using Windows XP Pro. When I want to import data, the import process always starts in the same place -- My Data Sources -- rather than the last place I used, mean...

Saving html message as Draft changes text formatting...
WIN XP HE, OL 2002 Hi, I have recently noticed that whenever I write an email (using Word as editor) in html format, and instead of sending it, save it (to the drafts folder), the text itself changes format from my default to another one. It seems to change in the paragraph style which then changes the text format. The only change I recently made was to edit my signatures in html, rtf and plain text format. When I write a new email, it opens up with the signature already in it and perhaps there are format/style conflicts..? Tx for shedding some light into this. S As an added information, t...

TEXT TO SPEECH CHANGES
Currently my text to speech config reads ONLY LETTERS if the letters are CAPITALs(IE when it come to the word ABLE, it speaks A B L E how can I change the setting to make the system say "able" Thanks Enter this small macro: Sub Macro1() For n = 1 To 100 Cells(n, 1).Speak Next n End Sub And it should "say" whatever text you enter in A1 thru A100 -- Gary's Student "pcor" wrote: > Currently my text to speech config reads ONLY LETTERS if the letters are > CAPITALs(IE when it come to the word ABLE, it speaks A B L E > how can I change...

Preserving Formulas
I have some simple raw data corresponding to five variables. I am constructing a table where, given a value for one of the variables and using the FORECAST function, the predicted values for the other four variables are calculated given the correlation of the raw data. However, I would like to make this table dynamic - so that I could input a value for ANY one of the five variables and return the expected values for the other four. As of now I do not know how to do this. Perhaps if there was a way to preserve the formula in each of the cells while still being able to input an arbitrary value....

Linking text
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Is it possible to link two areas of a document so that the text (say a date) that is entered in one area appears in another area and when one changes the text in the first area the text in the text in the second automatically changes? If so can these links be made between text in the document and and a header or footer? Yes, they can. You need bookmarks, cross-references, and the StyleRef field. All of them were carelessly left out of the Word 2008 help, so you need to look them up in Google. Here are the ...

Problem replying to email with Outlook 2003
Hi When I generate a reply to an email all the fields seem to get filled in properly, i.e. the "To" field has the correct senders email address. The problem is that after clicking on "Send" when the email appears in the "Sent" folder the "To" field now contains the email address for the account, i.e. mine! so the email gets sent back to me. I've looked at all the settings I can think of and everything appears to be correct. Any suggestions where to look further would be gratefully received, its a real pain having to manually create a reply. BTW ...