How To Pre-Define Username Settings For Outlook 2003 Client In Roaming Profiles

I have a generic default user profile that is setup for our organization and
lives in the netlogon share.  Whenever I make changes to the roaming
profiles I delete the users profiles and they get a new copy of the default
user profile to call their own when they next log on.

My problem is that I cannot figure out how to have Outlook 2003 auto-setup
for the users.  In Outlook 2000 I could simply setup the profile up without
a username and then make that profile available to them.  When they logged
in and acquired a copy of the profile, the missing username field in
Outlook, auto-populated with their current username allowing them access to
email without further adjustment.

Outlook 2003 won't let me setup the generic profile without putting in a
username which results in authentication problems .  The only alternate I
have found is to leave printed instructions on how to setup their email when
they are given a new roaming profile.  Needless to say, users mess this
process up and end up with 'personal folders' and misconfigured clients.

Any thoughts on how I can have a generic, predefined user profile with the
only missing variable being the actual username?  All other configurations
will be pushed through GPO when I load Exchange 2003 on the server.

PS: where are the outlook 2003 adm files so I can make use of them in Server
2000 in the meantime?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

B.Gordon

0
511 (4)

Outlook Profiler did the trick.

"B.Gordon" <511@nospam.police.midland.on.ca> wrote in message
> I have a generic default user profile that is setup for our organization
and
> lives in the netlogon share.  Whenever I make changes to the roaming
> profiles I delete the users profiles and they get a new copy of the
default
> user profile to call their own when they next log on.
>
> My problem is that I cannot figure out how to have Outlook 2003 auto-setup
> for the users.  In Outlook 2000 I could simply setup the profile up
without
> a username and then make that profile available to them.  When they logged
> in and acquired a copy of the profile, the missing username field in
> Outlook, auto-populated with their current username allowing them access
> email without further adjustment.
>
> Outlook 2003 won't let me setup the generic profile without putting in a
> username which results in authentication problems .  The only alternate I
> have found is to leave printed instructions on how to setup their email
when
> they are given a new roaming profile.  Needless to say, users mess this
> process up and end up with 'personal folders' and misconfigured clients.
>
> Any thoughts on how I can have a generic, predefined user profile with the
> only missing variable being the actual username?  All other configurations
> will be pushed through GPO when I load Exchange 2003 on the server.
>
> PS: where are the outlook 2003 adm files so I can make use of them in
Server
> 2000 in the meantime?
>
> Thanks in advance for any assistance!
>
> B.Gordon

0
511 (4)

microsoft outlook -- hang -- freezeing up
my microsoft outlook is hanging up and will not let me access my emails nor will it let me delete or send emails. I have done a system restore and still not fixed.........help.... Terri Need more info... What version of Outlook? Do you get an error? If so, what is it? Do you just get the Outlook Splash screen? Does Outlook ever open? What Operating System (OS) do you use? -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61a501c42e14$8bea53b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... my microsoft outlook is hanging up and will not let me access my emails ...

Unable to set synchronization options for SQL 2000 DB
Hi, I hope somebody can help me out here. We use SCDPM for most of our backing up and I am moving the last few old servers over to using it. One of the protection groups I am trying to create, is for an SQL 2000 DB. Other DB's on this box are perfectly fine. The one I'm trying to back up has recovery mode set to full so it's not that. The only thing I can think of is that this particular DB is the first one I've tried to back up which has 2 transaction log files. One named Db_tlog_1.ldf and the other Db_tlog_2.ndf. Any ideas as to where I can look for some...

Charting Using Defined Names
I have a workbook that contains numerous charts. I am updating the chart trends by manually editing the formula that define the trend data. I would like to create defined names, and through VBA, update the definition for the ranges. HOW do I incorporate a defined name into the formula for the trend? You probably don't need VBA: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DynamicColumnChart1.html http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ &...

favorite folders outlook 2003
Is there a way to put public folders in the favorites view in the Mail Navigation Pane? I have read in the help that you can, but when I right click and add to favorites it goes into the public folders favorites and not the mail favorites I also read in the help that only mail items, not post items, can go into the mail favorites. I like my old shortcut icons in then old XP is it possible to have something like that again? Right click on the PF favs to add them to the Mail Favs or to the Other [foldertype] lists. Ol2003 has a shortcuts pane that you can use for shortcuts... -- Diane ...

Print Pre-view
Why is MSpubliher the only program I have found with out a Print Pre-view?? is there one?? I don't have it! Pub 2003 has it! And calm down - life has worse things to offer you than no print preview. -- JoAnn Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer. --Bruce Graham "David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d57a01c3ef40$be4d7ac0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Why is MSpubliher the only program I have found with out a > Print Pre-view?? is there one?? I don't have it! Hi David (anonymous@...

outlook 2003 calendar can't save items
I suddenly can't save an item on my Outlook 2003 calendar. I did the repair tool, restarted Outlook - still get the error message "cannot save" Try resetting the view on the calendar. If that doesn't help, clear the forms cache - http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/formscache.htm has instructions. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Out...

Outlook 2k re-downloads POP mail
Outlook 2k re-downloads POP mail Hi all, Every so often outlook 2k decides to re-download all the messages on my POP mail server. This translates into hundreds or thousands of duplicate emails. Help! I don't want to set outlook to delete messages off POP server since I sometimes use the webmail features to check mail when on the road. Thanks in adavance, Joe Letter Hi Joe maybe this could solve your problem http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=321174 -- Gestern gings noch, ICH habe nichts gemacht! ;-) Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Joe Letter" &...

Pre-filling column
When I am typing into a column, some of my columns are pre-filling with data that might already be in the worksheet. But sometimes it does not pre-fill. What do I have to do so the column will pre-fill based on the data that is already in that column??? This Newsgroup is the BEST! Thanks in advance for your help. The normal "prefill" is happening only if similar data are already i the same column. It is not based on data in other columns. Prefill will only happen if there is no alternative. I.e. if you have a cell with asdf, the next time you start with a i will prefill but if...

Setting up a Non-Client Area ?
Hi guys, I made a CWnd-derived class that I want to add a non-client area to. How should I go about doing that ? I know I have to handle OnNcPaint() but I don't know how to designate the non-client area to begin with. So if I want a 1-pixel border and my window is 200x200 the client area will become 199x199 and I can draw the border in OnNcPaint. How should I do it ? Thanks, Robert A. "Robert A." <death@invalid.org> wrote in message news:u9UKE7GYEHA.3944@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi guys, > > I made a CWnd-derived class that I want to add a non-client area to....

DTS on Exchange 2003 and Out 2002; if I run MSEXTMZ on Exch mailbox server, do I need to run Outlook tool on client?
If I understand correctly, there is an Exchange Time Zone Update tool (MSEXTMZ.exe). I should run this one against the Exchange mailbox servers. If I run the MSEXTMZ.exe too on Exchange, I no longer need to execute the Outlook update tool on my Out 2002 and Out 2003 clients?! From reading the info below, that's my understanding: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930879/ About the Exchange tool After you install the DST updates for Microsoft Windows and for Exchange Server, all old appointments that occur during the DST change periods will be incorrectly displayed as occurring one hour ...

Outlook very very slow
Suddenly Outlook 2000 takes a long time to load and any emails take a very long time to open. I've sent myself test emails with nothing more than a word but I have to wait quite a while before they open. I can't think of anything that changed or might have caused this program to crawl. I uninstalled Outlook and then installed it again but have the same problem. Any ideas? If you have Norton AV there is an acknowledged problem with a recent update Other than that try the repair option David "Celia Falzone" <cfalzone@inu.net> wrote in message news:e8HyC8l1DHA.832...

Chart data with 2 different set of data on the same graph
I have 2 set of data as shown in sample below: Month Set-1 Set-2 Jan-04 9,203 12.4 Feb-04 7,012 09.2 Mar-04 8,321 11.2 Apr-04 8,801 08.4 May-04 9,001 10.6 etc I need to chart them on the SAME graph using either Line, Scartter ,Bar or Column(not pie chart). Due to the Set- 2's numbers are very small and it shows as a straight line of dots at the bottom when I use either Line or Scatter graph, or show only Set-1 data in Bar or Column charts. Can someone tell me if it is possible to use different scale to show the data on the SAME chart ? Thanks in ad...

Outlook 2000 Activities tab

Outlook 2003 clearing autofill of name
Is there a way to clear out all of the names that are being autofilled whenever I compose a new message? I like the feature but I don't need some of the email addresses that it suggest to me. TIA, Jackson Outlook 2002 and 2003 maintain an "autocomplete" list of address you have previously used. If you see one in the popup suggestion list that you don't like, just select it and press delete. You can also clear the entire autocomplete list by deleting the .nk2 file. See http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm for file locations. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author ...

initial zoom setting
When I open a Publisher document, the zoom setting is always 54% is there a way of making it default to open at 100%? THS wrote: > When I open a Publisher document, the zoom setting is always 54% is there a > way of making it default to open at 100%? Try Default Zoom from http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/add-ins -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Deleting problems in Outlook
After deleting an item from the inbox to the deleted folder, Outlook seems to generate a number of copies of 2 previously deleted separate messages in the deleted folder. Outlook generates usually 6-8 copies of these messages and hence the deleted folder becomes very large, very quickly. We have tried reinstalling Outlook from scratch with no sucess. Help - this is driving us nuts. ...

Emails in Queues pre & post transformation into case or opportunit
i am facing problem in CRM 4.0 i am using CRM 4.0 web based system, i have number of queues, my question when i received email in the queues then i will transformed into case or opportunity then the copy of the email were attached to a particular activity but email is still there. • First how I move this email permanently to the respective activity • Second if I reply to that email and then I will received its answer from the recipient now what should I do, should I create a separate activity (case or opportunity) or I can move email to its respective case It is very comprehensive CRM...

Outlook 2002 Change Sent Items Folder?
Hi, Is it possible to change where the sent items are held in Outlook 2002? I can only find an option to turn on/off sent items being held. I would like to store my sent items in an IMAP folder. Would I have to set up some "rules" to move items into my imap sent folder? Many thanks Brendan ...

set identity_insert not works for insert statement on SQL2008
Dear Experts, I skip all columns name and try a statement "insert into table1 select * from table2 where ...." but always prompt cannot insert IDENTITY_INSERT is on Table1 is the same column structure as table2 (actually I created table2 from running: select * into table2 from table1) I tried both SET IDENTITY_INSERT ON , or SET IDENTITY_INSERT OFF before insert statement , but also not works. Could anyone know how to skip typing all columns name when insert from another table ? Thanks. thomas (thomas@mail.com) writes: > I skip all columns name an...

Simple user defined function
Hi Please can anyone help I have created a Function CtoF(Centigrade) CtoF = Centigrade * 9 / 5 + 32 in theVB sheet1 code I have then placed the function = CtoF (A2) in the worksheet cell B2 A2 contains a number, the function in Cell B2 should convert the number in A2 to degrees Farenheit but it only gives me an error #NAME? I have the correct addins and checked the names of functions but nothing works please someone help. Hi there have you stored this UDF. It has to go into a standard module -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Subs" <atof31@dsl.pipex.com> s...

Outlook will not reinstall
I was running Outlook 2002 when I had an error saying the .pst file did not exist. (they were there). I uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook 2002 from the CD. It did not show up anywhere on my hard drive but did show up as a program that could be uninstalled (in the add/remove programs in control panel). I then removed it in add/remove programs and tried to install Outlook 2000, which came with my machine, thinking that the Outlook 2002 CD might be damaged. On the Office 2000 install CD, it is Xed out as being not available. Any suggestions? Vinnie ...

Set Outlook 2007 Calendar Work Week End Time to the next day
We have users in Outlook 2007 (ver: SP2 12.0.6521.5000) that when they want to set their calendar work week end time to be the next day (after midnight) they get an error: "The end date you entered occurs before the start date". This are users that work the overnight shift, how can they specify their work week? Backend: Exchange 2007 "helm" <helm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7BEF5380-B9C3-4B87-93BE-814E4F0D47F1@microsoft.com... > We have users in Outlook 2007 (ver: SP2 12.0.6521.5000) that when they want > to set their calen...

Outlook 98 #3
How do I back up the files (inbox, drafts, etc...) folders in my Outlook 97. Several of the files also have attachments associated with them. I'm running Outlook 98 and WIN98. Thanks, John On 10/21/2003 6:27 PM, John wrote: > How do I back up the files (inbox, drafts, etc...) folders > in my Outlook 97. Several of the files also have > attachments associated with them. I'm running Outlook 98 There are a lot of different ways to backup your Outlook profile. I will not doing into details since many sites have already instructions written down. Check this site an...

Define report header from a cmmd button
Is it possible to define the report header based on a selected command button. For example if I have 3 command buttons, Week, Month and Year, if I select "Month" I would like the report to state Monthly in the header. TIA On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 17:29:16 -0700, myxmaster@hotmail.com wrote: > Is it possible to define the report header based on a selected command > button. For example if I have 3 command buttons, Week, Month and Year, > if I select "Month" I would like the report to state Monthly in the > header. > TIA Sure. Add an unbound text control to the F...

Setting the Startup Options for an Access 2007 database using VBA
Afternoon everyone, I'm trying to use the information from an MSDN page of roughly the same title (Setting Startup Options Programmatically in Access 2000, http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa140020(office.10).aspx) to setup the startup options of my database. Firstly, I don't know whether this option should be placed in a module or event (like Form_Load). Secondly, I'm not too sure that I have the code correctly written down: Private Sub Form_Load() Dim dbs As CurrentProject Set dbs = Application.CurrentProject dbs.Properties....