How to move an Ex5.5 server from one (AD) domain to another.

Hello,

We have a legacy Ex5.5 server in an old domain A which was created
under NT4. All of our users and all our other servers were moved a
long time ago to a new domain B in the same W2K (now upgraded to W2K3)
forest.

We want to move the Ex5.5 server from domain A to domain B in the same
AD forest so that the old domain A can be finally deleted.

Is it as simple as stopping Exchange, migrating the Ex5.5 service
account to domain B, removing the server from domain A, joining it to
domain B and then just restarting Exchange?

All of the users "Primary NT Accounts" in Exchange Administrator are
already set to use domain B.

BTW we also have an E2K server setup in B but in a different Exchange
Organisation.

Thanks,

- Alan.

0
bruguy (167)

As long as you have a 5.5 server, you need the old NT domain for it to be in,
and a connector the the AD.

"Alan" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We have a legacy Ex5.5 server in an old domain A which was created
> under NT4. All of our users and all our other servers were moved a
> long time ago to a new domain B in the same W2K (now upgraded to W2K3)
> forest.
>
> We want to move the Ex5.5 server from domain A to domain B in the same
> AD forest so that the old domain A can be finally deleted.
>
> Is it as simple as stopping Exchange, migrating the Ex5.5 service
> account to domain B, removing the server from domain A, joining it to
> domain B and then just restarting Exchange?
>
> All of the users "Primary NT Accounts" in Exchange Administrator are
> already set to use domain B.
>
> BTW we also have an E2K server setup in B but in a different Exchange
> Organisation.
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Alan.

RPC over HTTPS #5
Does RPC over HTTPS work if; a) all of my domain controllers are Windows 2003 b) my front-end OWA servers are Windows 2003 running Exchange 2003 c) my back-end clustered server is Windows 2000 running Exchange 2003 Thank you for your help. On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 09:13:13 -0400, "Victor Spector" <victor@mstcomp.spammersgohome.com> wrote: >Does RPC over HTTPS work if; >a) all of my domain controllers are Windows 2003 >b) my front-end OWA servers are Windows 2003 running Exchange 2003 >c) my back-end clustered server is Windows 2000 running Exchange 2003 > >Th...

"soap server application faulted" when adding an action in the workflow application
I can open the workflow manager, create a rule and insert a condition. When I try to assign an action to the condition I get this error and the manager shuts down. Can anyone shed any light? Thanks for your help. ...

Allow comments to be added to protected worksheet?
I have created a worsksheet with selected areas locked and then protected it. My users want to be able to add comments where necessary but are not able to. I cant seem to find anything in the help menu - any ideas? When protecting the sheet "allow users to:" Select unlocked cells and Edit Objects. Note: with edit objects checked, users can insert comments in locked cells if they are allowed to select those. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 15:00:02 -0800, sue@solotel <suesolotel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have created a worsksheet with sel...

Has anyone installed CRM 1.2 on a Win Server 2003 DC?
Hi, I want to know if we can install CRM 1.2 on a DC with Windows Server 2003 SP1? If yes, then has somebody faced any performance problem? Thanks and Regards, Harshad ...

copy cells from one worksheet to another
How do I make the "value" or content of a cell on 'worksheet 1' mirror or copy the font color (and strike through) of a cell on a seperate worksheet? - 'worksheet 2'? thanks. Copy and paste special|values followed by Paste special|formats If you were using a formula, then that formula can only return the value--it can't change the format. Depending on how that other cell changed, you could have an event macro do the work for you. Garrett wrote: > > How do I make the "value" or content of a cell on 'worksheet 1' mirror or > copy ...

Moving license to a new computer

Bring filtered data from another file
I have a Birthdays file I have a Calendar file After each date in this calendar file I have 4 empty lines (assumption: max 4 birthdays on the same day) 15.01.2010 ......... ......... ......... ......... 16.01.2010 ......... ......... ......... ......... How can I bring the names for each date from the Birthdays file. Thanks and regards, CousinExcel ...

Safe to Move?

Still looking for bugs ?
Just updating M2006 prices and some quotes missing, so I did it manually. I HAD connected to Fidelity to fetch an email and while there I checked my portfolio to get the quotes. While connected, I noticed my cash reserves balance was off ( interest last month ? ), SO in Money, I pull up "brokerage account " - "account summary" - "Adjust balance" from lower left - click in the Cash box and - get a bugcheck - 3 times in a row. I never tried to do this before in M2006 - does it work for others ?? Then I got the " Send bugcheck info" and I guess tha...

Moving Exchange 2000

Exchange 5.5 clients cannot see the new user fr Outlook Global Add
Hi to All, Please we need help! We have 4 branches with different domain. 2 branch is using Exchange 5.5 and 2 others are using Exchange 2000. Our Problem is when we configured one account in Exchange 2000 it can't be seen in 2 Exchange 5.5 Global Address. This mail is use for internal use only and it is not connected to internet. Thanks in Advanced! Emslan Did you configure Active Directory Connector to synchronize between your AD and Exchange 5.5 directory? Exchange 2000 uses AD for its directory store but Exchange 5.5 uses its own directory. "emslan" <emslan@d...

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Syntax error 5.5.2 and error 4.1.8
I have around 350 email addresses in blocks of 50 or so. I send group emails once a month without incident until today. Now I get syntax error 5.5.2 and 4.1.8. Just to be sure I opened each group and scanned for corrupted addresses, etc. All looks clean. I am using XP as OS and email is Mozilla Thunderbird. Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice byte[] to image and image to byte[] http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/2a1d8e9c-161f-455c-a5b7-dd2d9a05c101/byte-to-image-and-image.aspx On 12/31/09 12:32 AM, in article 2009123133220rquinn002@maine.rr.c...

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Howto find multiple servers using TCP
I have to search my subnet to look for servers that are listening on port 30715. I am using one thread of a derived class of CAsyncSocket. I am using CEvents with a 200 milisecond timeout, if there is no connection within the 200 miliseconds, then I know there is no serer. However searching from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.254 takes a long time. Is there a better way? I can't think of another way. But if the server program is your program, then I have a suggestion. I have a server that alot of clients connect to, and I really didn't want to have to input the server address in ever...

Moving Pages between two publications

Exchange 5.5 / 2000 /2003
Why does so many people send posts regarding Exchange 2000=20 and 2003 in the wrong forum?? This forum is regarding Exchange 5.5 There=B4s forum=B4s for them all, PLEASE place the questions=20 in the right forum gladefoged You need to read this: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/community/newsgroups/default.asp -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "gladefoged" <gl@lundbergvest.dk> wrote in message news:5be401c3ad2e$b1e74350$a601280a@phx.gbl... Why does so many people send posts regarding Exchange 2000 and 2003 ...

list workbook names except one
Hi all, below macro list all the workbook names in column "A" which exists in a folder. What code line i should add in below macro that if there is any worbook exists with the name "Closed.xls" in the folder then it should not be listed with the other workbooks names. Please can any friend can help Sub Chk() fldrnm = Sheets("INFO").TextBox3.Value fName = Dir(fldrnm & "*.xlsm") Do While fName <> "" c = c + 1 Cells(c, 1) = fName fName = Dir() Loop End Sub Replace this line of code... Cells(c, 1) = fName with thi...

SBS2003 + BB Express Server?
I'm wondering if running a large Exchange store with the BB Express Server is too much to push a 32-bit server OS like SBS2003?? My limited users were earlier complaining about how slow to search their mails were (large amounts of mail! :p), so with a completely renewed install + restoring their Exchange store, am I pushing the limits of the server? I would think that if one could upgrade the RAM (I have 5 GB presently, only 3.5 GB being recognized) substantially and run a 64-bit OS, one would have more headroom, or can I get away with a year or so with the current setup? ...

ESEUTIL defrag and Disk space
Is it relatively safe to run ESEUTIL to defrag a priv database on its drive that may not have more than 51% free ? Current Priv file takes about 51% of the space on the drive. We have done our analysis to show that after the defrag, the new priv file should only be about 30% of size of the total drive space. So, do I NEED more drive space to run the ESEUTIL....even though it should have enough space while its building its new priv file at a much smaller size? Thanks SRP you want to have 110% of what the new size will be available...are you basing your calculations on event 1221 t...

SFO Installation Error
It appears as if other people have experienced the "Can't Find CRM Server" installation error before; however, I don't see any posts on how to fix it. Please help! I've been using the CRM Server for some time now with no problems. Every time I try to install SFO, I get the following error: Setup was unable to find an instance of the CRM components. Thanks for your help. Please make sure that the user you use to login on your pc is also known in crm with the same user name and password. this is required! Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "Troy" wrot...