How to limit store.exe and sqlservr.exe's RAM hunger

I know that store.exe should release memory when other applications ask
for it, but in my server, store.exe and sqlservr.exe both fight for the
most, and leave little for other applications.
I have 3 GB RAM and currently 3,6 GB PF usage. This means I hear the
harddisk being busy the whole time when accessing applications.
What can be done to change the amount of RAM used for store.exe and
sqlservr.exe ?
Thanks

0
premmetje (84)

On 21 Nov 2006 12:32:20 -0800, "Prem" <premmetje@zonnet.nl> wrote:

>I know that store.exe should release memory when other applications ask
>for it, but in my server, store.exe and sqlservr.exe both fight for the
>most, and leave little for other applications.
>I have 3 GB RAM and currently 3,6 GB PF usage. This means I hear the
>harddisk being busy the whole time when accessing applications.
>What can be done to change the amount of RAM used for store.exe and
>sqlservr.exe ?
>Thanks

Unless you are running SBS, those two applications should not be on
the same server.

0
adavid (8731)
11/21/2006 8:44:01 PM
As said,

If you're not running SBS, SQL and Exchange on the same server is just
asking for trouble.

Another issue highlighted is your page file is too small for the amount of
pyhsical ram you have. It should be 1.5 times. Theoreticall you don't need/
need a smaller page file only when you're using 4GB of ram or more.

If you _have_ to have both SQL and Exchange on the same server, consider;

Setting the \3GB switch in your boot ini (infact even if you move one of
them away - still do this, READ THIS:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815372)
Upping your ram to 4GB
Moving your (new) 5Gb page file to a dedicated disk (dedicated page file
volume).

I personally would do all of the above and still move SQL off to another
server.

Oliver

"Prem" <premmetje@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
>I know that store.exe should release memory when other applications ask
> for it, but in my server, store.exe and sqlservr.exe both fight for the
> most, and leave little for other applications.
> I have 3 GB RAM and currently 3,6 GB PF usage. This means I hear the
> harddisk being busy the whole time when accessing applications.
> What can be done to change the amount of RAM used for store.exe and
> sqlservr.exe ?
> Thanks

0
o.moazzeziNO (822)
11/22/2006 9:33:42 AM
Thank your for this information.
Cheers

Oliver Moazzezi schreef:

> As said,
>
> If you're not running SBS, SQL and Exchange on the same server is just
> asking for trouble.
>
> Another issue highlighted is your page file is too small for the amount of
> pyhsical ram you have. It should be 1.5 times. Theoreticall you don't need/
> need a smaller page file only when you're using 4GB of ram or more.
>
> If you _have_ to have both SQL and Exchange on the same server, consider;
>
> Setting the \3GB switch in your boot ini (infact even if you move one of
> them away - still do this, READ THIS:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815372)
> Upping your ram to 4GB
> Moving your (new) 5Gb page file to a dedicated disk (dedicated page file
> volume).
>

> I personally would do all of the above and still move SQL off to another
> server.
>
> Oliver
>

> "Prem" <premmetje@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
> >I know that store.exe should release memory when other applications ask
> > for it, but in my server, store.exe and sqlservr.exe both fight for the
> > most, and leave little for other applications.
> > I have 3 GB RAM and currently 3,6 GB PF usage. This means I hear the
> > harddisk being busy the whole time when accessing applications.
> > What can be done to change the amount of RAM used for store.exe and
> > sqlservr.exe ?
> > Thanks

0
premmetje (84)
11/22/2006 12:28:14 PM
On 22 Nov 2006 04:28:14 -0800, "Prem" <premmetje@zonnet.nl> wrote:

>Thank your for this information.

Run ExBpa against your server.

>Cheers
>

>Oliver Moazzezi schreef:
>
>> As said,
>>
>> If you're not running SBS, SQL and Exchange on the same server is just
>> asking for trouble.
>>
>> Another issue highlighted is your page file is too small for the amount of
>> pyhsical ram you have. It should be 1.5 times. Theoreticall you don't need/
>> need a smaller page file only when you're using 4GB of ram or more.
>>
>> If you _have_ to have both SQL and Exchange on the same server, consider;
>>
>> Setting the \3GB switch in your boot ini (infact even if you move one of
>> them away - still do this, READ THIS:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815372)
>> Upping your ram to 4GB
>> Moving your (new) 5Gb page file to a dedicated disk (dedicated page file
>> volume).
>>

>> I personally would do all of the above and still move SQL off to another
>> server.
>>
>> Oliver
>>

>> "Prem" <premmetje@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
>> >I know that store.exe should release memory when other applications ask
>> > for it, but in my server, store.exe and sqlservr.exe both fight for the
>> > most, and leave little for other applications.
>> > I have 3 GB RAM and currently 3,6 GB PF usage. This means I hear the
>> > harddisk being busy the whole time when accessing applications.
>> > What can be done to change the amount of RAM used for store.exe and
>> > sqlservr.exe ?
>> > Thanks

0
adavid (8731)

Where to store relationship attributes in CRM4.0?
Hello, Case: Contacts are related to multiple groups Groups contain multiple contacts Every contact in a group has a role, roles can differ Q: MS CRM 4.0 has the N:N feature, but where can i store the 'associated table'/'relationship' attributes? The only option i can think of for now is using a linking table as we had to use it in 3.0.. Thank ia. Hi; Not sure what you mean by 'Group', but I will assume you have a custom entity called 'Group', but for your first relationship you can create a n:n relationship between Contact and Group. Again, I will a...

Storing Data
If I want to perform a calculation I am using a control source of a field. the problem is I want to store that date in the table and it won't let me. How do I store the calculated field in the table. My formula works here it is. =DateAdd("m",[ServiceInterval],[tblLog Subform].[Form]![ServiceDate]) I want to store this date in the NextServiceDate field in my service table. Calvin A scan of the tablesdbdesign newsgroup will reveal that it is rarely necessary to store a calculated value, particularly so if you can calculate it "one the fly" in a query. That isn't...

File Size Limit??
Hi, Can anyone tell me if there is a limit to the file size of an Excel 2000 document. We've got a guy here who has a 63Mb spreadsheet, and keeps wondering why he's getting "Out of memory" messages every time he opens it. I've put an extra 512Mb in his PC, but he's still getting lock-ups. He's convinced that there are no limits to the size of the file, but I'm pretty certain that there is... Anyone help? Thanks, Jon. The limit is memory. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Jon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Limits
I am doing a fairly easy programme on excel. It is a catchment runoff, and evaporation calculator. But i would like to place a limit on a cell, and have that exess go into another column, is this possible? EG 75 rainfall, soil can hold only 10mm more. SO 10mm INFILTRATES, ie that cell should have a limit of the max soil moisutre, the other 65mm RUNOFF's and thats a different column. ANYBODY PLEASEEEEEEEEEE!!!! lol You need a Workbook_Change event macro for that. The code you would write in that macro should first check that the change occurred in a cell within the range you want. ...

HQ/Store Ops WAN connection
We're a 4-store retailer. Right now, I have successfully deployed Store Operations at the primary store. I'll soon be deploying HQ and rolling out Store Ops at Store #2. Eventually, I will have 4 stores connected to HQ. My WAN options range from basic DSL connections at each store with daily or twice-daily database sync over VPN connections to the local cable operators 'LAN Extension' service. I could always go with Frame Relay or even dedicated T1 lines but since all four locations are served by the same cable operator but not by the same local telco, the cable opti...

Help! IF function is too limited
Hi! I've created a drop-down list of cities in a cell, under which there are two more cells to be filled out with the address and zip codes corresponding to each of the cities. How can I do this, knowing that the original list is a three-column list made of city-address-zip? -- Ringo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ringo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27502 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470178 Use VLOOKUP into the original; list using the DV value =VLOOKUP(B...

2008 R2 dpm 2007 setup: SIS-Limited not found?
I'm trying to run the command line to install the SIS component via ocsetup.exe SIS-Limited /quiet /norestart but it tells me it cant find this SIS-Limited component (on 2008 r2 x64).. Any ideas what i need to do to get past this? Thanks It turns out you just need to add the file services role in r2, dont need the manual command.. "markm75g" wrote: > I'm trying to run the command line to install the SIS component via > ocsetup.exe SIS-Limited /quiet /norestart > > but it tells me it cant find this SIS-Limited component (on 2008 r2 x64).. ...

stored procedure for vendor master
I am looking at creating a stored procedure which when called using the below parameters will create a vendor in Great Plains .The values come from either the parameters below or from the EMPLOYEE class. I would like the stored procedure to populate the fields below. It would be very helpful if someone had an example of this kind of SP that I could start with. For example the SPROC should receive: Vendor ID (Required) Vendname (Required) VendClass(Required) AddressID Primary (Required) All address lines except country (Optional) All phones (Optional) Payment Terms (Optional) Ve...

Mailbox database store
Hi, Looks like one of our Database store is corrupt... in the event log, mentioned there about corruption on 1 database... How does one go about bringing that database back to healthy state again.. Can u send me a detailed description of what to do. Shaun what's the full exact text of the error messages? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Shaun" <Shaun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A98868A9-ED41-4194-9F95-0598C7FAD083@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Looks like one of our Database store is corrupt... in the event log, > mentioned there about corruption ...

Where are server-side rules stored?
I have some problems with my rules. I am not able to delete them, the option is greyed out. I would like to know where Exchange stores server-side rules so I can delete them manually. Nick Read this: http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/10/when_oof_doesnt.html Nue "Nick Sharpley" <NickSharpley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9642D2F8-2421-4DFD-8466-01AEECE702FB@microsoft.com... >I have some problems with my rules. I am not able to delete them, the > option is greyed out. I would like to know where Exchange stores > server-side rul...

Q: Rules limit
There is a limit for Exchange Rules on a 32K-size (KB147298) Whether there is a way to change this limit for single users? For me already three users have addressed with such requests :- Thanks Alexander Kenin This is not a configurable limit. It's limited by the size of one RPC packet. "Kenin Alexander" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80981636-20EB-4C64-B514-F9BCA635AFE7@microsoft.com... > There is a limit for Exchange Rules on a 32K-size (KB147298). > Whether there is a way to change this limit for single users? > For me already thre...

Adding store with HQ
I've got HQ up and running and am getting a feel for how it works in relation to Store Ops. I'm ready to connect a second store, and have more questions than answers. The manual is not always as explicit as I'd like... I need to create the Store Two DB and connect to HQ. I have the customer and inventory data in Excel, so I can import into HQ, SO or both fairly easily. I have both QSimport and EMS Data Import. I am using global customers everywhere. This does create some serious limitations, as every little change (add a shipping address, change address/phone/name) has...

where is "junk senders" list stored
I am going to reinstall my OS, but I want to preserve my junk senders list that I have worked so hard to create. It does not seem to be in the PST file, as I transferred my file to another computer and opened it with another copy of outlook, and the list was not there. What file is this list stored in? thnx neb ...

Defragging multiple Information Stores
We have a 113 GB Information Store. I have moved several boxes into 5 different Information Stores now. Now I NEED to run ESEUTIL to reduce the size of the original IS. One of these new stores need to stay up ALL the time. If I run a defrag on the original Inforamtion Store, will it affect the send/receive emails from the the rest of the the stores? What would be a good estimate of the time it'll take to defrag? THANKS! --Ana Maria On Mon, 8 May 2006 09:05:01 -0700, Ana Maria <AnaMaria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have a 113 GB Information Store. I have mov...

Shared Xml file problem when xsd.exe is used
Hi All, I am having three XML files. One called SimpleTypes.xsd from which ComplexTypes.xsd is constructed. Then, there is another file called InformationExchangeModel.xsd that uses types in complexTypes.xsd to construct messages. I am having all sorts of problems validating these xsd files in XML spy version 5 release 4. It always complains about "undefined value for 'type' encountered". Here is the scenario SimpleTypes.xsd **************** <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema&quo...

Limiting Internet Email for Users
I want to stop users from sending Internet email from my Exchange 2000 server. I use it for a company wide mail server. Can anyone help me stop Internet Email. This might help: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14B7AF2C-73E3-4601-84F9-3F7B95043B72@microsoft.com... > I want to stop users from sending Internet email from my Exchange 2000 server. I use it for a company wide mail server. Can anyone help me stop...

Limit outgoing mail limit before send
Hi all Is there any method to avoid to send mail if the mail size is over a preset limit? If I set it in Exchange, the mail will first send to Exchange server and check the size. Any method to check the size before send to server? I got this problem since the connection speed is slow, not like local 100m network. Exchange server and the client Outlook XP PC is far away, connect with a 64K line only. Thanks ...

Purchase Order with all store qty oh on it
I am running rms 1.2 HQ and 5 stores. I have my ware house setup as a store I do all of my purchase orders from my warehouse store. Currently in order to place an order for my warehouse I have to check in HQ what the qty oh is and then place the order from my WH store. Is there any way to get a purchase order with the total of all the items in all of the stores on it? Josh, Place your orders in HQ Manager, Worksheet 340, ship it to one store and then divy it up amongst the stores. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of...

Addressee limit
How do you check/change the Exchange Server message addressee(To, Cc)limit? When sending messages to servaral recipients, some names are cut out. Thanks. ...

mailbox limit notifications
How can I force on Ecxhange server that notifications of mailbox limit are always sent on english language, not taking care of users language settings in Outlook? If the language setting on the server is set to English, then the notification should be English (per http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;277856) If that is not the case, you may want to verify that you are running the latest service pack for the OS and Exchange as well as the latest updates. Doug Blanchard [MSFT] Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup p...

how passwords should be stored under windows
Hi, I have a project which needs me to store passwords under windows, I just wondering how those passwords should be stored. For example, if I store in the registry, is there any encription tool I can use so that only my program can read and write it? Store hash code result of the password. read_pwd(); hash(); compare_stored_value(); Hope it helps. "Haibo" <haibo@haibo.com> wrote in message news:121301c38c0c$f0f39fa0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, I have a project which needs me to store passwords > under windows, I just wondering how those passwords should > be stor...

pivot table limitation
Hi, when i tried to generate an excel report. It gives me an error message "Microsoft Excel: Microsoft Excel cannot make this change because there are too many row or column items. Drag at least one row or column field off the PivotTable report, or to the page position. Alternatively, right-click a field, and then click Hide or Hide Levels on the shortcut menu. Error in generating report. Please contact Administrator!" What can i do with this message? Is this the data volumne limitation for pivot table? Thanks for your help You have hit one of Excel's limitations. For pivot tab...

PST File Size Limitation
I am unable to open my PST file. I have run the Inbox repair tool. This is the second time this has happened. In an Outlook 2000 and W2K Internet Only Mail envirmonment, is there a file size limitation for PST files? On two separate occasions, the files have either become corrupted or have not responded around the 2GB file size. If there is a limitation? Could this be the reason? Are there any means of extending that limit and restoring my PST files? yes. pst files do have size limitations. large table support not enabled (default for outlook 97 - 2000) * 16000 items per fold...

sharing memory space address between a ".dll" and a ".exe"
Hi, This is my problem: 1) I've two processes: the first is a ".dll" and the second is a ".exe" . 2) In the ".exe" i call the function "f1(...)" which is defined in the ".dll". 3) The function "f1(...)" calls functions defined in the static library ".lib" with which it is linked. 4) The ".exe" itself is linked with the static library ".lib". 5) The ".lib" contains the definition of the class C which contains some static members such as, for example, "int * stat_memb;" ...

Storage limit #2
I'm a new Exchange Server user. From a document of Microsoft I found that Exchange Server standard edition with SP2 "storage limits have increased to 75 gigabytes (GB)" What does it mean? Does it mean that all storage (mailboxes and public folders) added together cannot exceed 75GB? If one day the total storage exceed 75GB, what will happen? Ming Choi wrote: > I'm a new Exchange Server user. From a document of Microsoft I found that > Exchange Server standard edition with SP2 "storage limits have increased to > 75 gigabytes (GB)" What does it me...