How to leak our internal address

Is there any good way to leak the email address so that it can be used
as a tr@p address.

Thanks and regards,
SL

email: samuel@sted.minidns.net
0
samuel1 (1)

Not sure, but out of curiosity, why would you want to do that?

Michael Fung wrote:
> Is there any good way to leak the email address so that it can be used
> as a tr@p address.
>
> Thanks and regards,
> SL
>
> email: samuel@sted.minidns.net

0
lanwench (7567)
2/10/2004 6:50:38 AM
In news:%236wf4I67DHA.2064@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]
<lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> typed:
> Not sure, but out of curiosity, why would you want to do that?

Usually to get spam. Some anti-spam SW needs a learning period, and without
spam the spam rate and false-positive rate increase.

--
/Jonne

0
jonnefia (13)
2/10/2004 7:17:51 AM
Posting something here with a real email address in the from field is a
good start

Ian
0
ian1458 (15)

RUS issue with email addresses
I have an issue with RUS in that I am only getting it to generate an X.500 email address and not any SMTP addresses. I have a domain and an enterprise policy setup. I currently have 2 - 5.5 servers running in an NT4 domain and 3 2K3 servers running in a AD 2000 domain. The Exchange 2k3 servers are running on Win2k3SP1 and the Exch 2k3 servers are SP2. I can create new user accounts in the AD domian but the email addresses do not propogate properly. I have also applied KB898060 to all the Exchange 2k3 servers and rebooted multiple times. I have verified that the security rights are prop...

E2k3 OWA
Users have begun reporting a problem - from OWA they cannot reveal the smtp address of messages they receive from other Exchange users that have their accounts hidden from the GAL. They are able to reply to the messages, but if you try to switch to a cc or bcc it fails. From other clients (Outlook, POP, IMAP) it works fine - they can see the SMTP address. Is there a solution to this, it's quite annoying? I suspect this has happened after the latest patches, but can't be certain. -GT I suspect this is happening because of the way OWA queries the GAL (other clients use LDA...

What is the difference between handle leak and memory leak?
I do not understand what is the difference between handle leak and memory leak. Could anybody explain me the difference? Thank you all! Carlos Felipe Hi, I'm no programmer but these links may shed some light on the issue for you: Handles: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handle_%28computing%29 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_pointer#Handles Mem leaks: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_leak Hope it helps. "Carlos Felipe França da Fonseca" wrote: > I do not understand what is the difference between handle leak and memory > leak. &...

Sink Interface memory leak
I'm using a 3rd party inproc COM component which sends events to clients every few seconds. Everytime my sink interface receives an update the memory creeps up. After running for a few hours - it starts to get really noticable. My client is MFC/ATL based with the Sink interface based on ATL/ IDispEventImp. VC2005. The sink interace event function looks like this - void __stdcall CSinkInterface::OnUpdate(BSTR bstrData) { // ::SysFreeString(&bstrData); } I'm not too sure if I should be calling ::SysFreeString on the BSTR? from doing some research on the newsgroup I suspect th...

Outlook 2000 email address setup
Please - How do I give my Outlook 2000 an email adress? I am not able either to send or receive emails in this email program. Broadly; you need to set up mail account(s) using the info supplied by yr ISP If you have a functioning Outlook Express you can Import Account settings. "freefolios" <freefolios@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCDBB954-8EEC-4964-AD38-F8D6D92E755B@microsoft.com... > Please - > > How do I give my Outlook 2000 an email adress? > > I am not able either to send or receive emails in this email program. > See help, abo...

Billing Address on Service Call Entry Screen
When in the service call entry screen, if you have selected a peice of equipment, which is covered under a support contract, the billing address changes to the billing address of the contract. However, if you subsequently remove the service call from being covered under the contract, the billing address should revert back to the billing address on firstly the service debtor extensions card, or the billing address on the debtor card. It currently does not. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote fo...

lookup link for customer address on account, case, address search
The way the address associations are handled today create tremendous gaps in the structure of CRM records compared to the structure of integrated backoffice financial systems records. What should be trivial integration tasks lead to a LOT of workarounds and customers frustration. Here is how we can improve. Abandon the idea of hardcoding first 2 address records on the account form. Add 2 address lookup fields on the account (relationships) that could be used to select any of the account addresses and expose them on the account form (still show individual address fields on the accoun...

Losing IP address
I am on cable and after about 30 minutes or so of inactivity, I lose my IP address and cannot connect to their mail server or web server. I must recycle the modem to make it come up with a new IP before I can get on line. The local cable company cannot come up with a reason for this. I have changed nothing on my computer to cause this. Any thoughts or suggestions? Try a networking group for best results - this is an Outlook group. Note that you should also mention your operating sytem in your new post Phantom of the Bosque wrote: > I am on cable and after about 30 minutes or so of ...

Missing email address exchange 2003
Hi Guys, Just wondering if you would be able to help us out, we are at the end of our teather now trying to sort this out!!! We have an email address that is located somewhere whithin our exchange organisation, however, we are unsure if this email address is attached to a public folder or a user account. We have tried searchinG active directory for the email address and even sent lots of emails to it in the hope that one of our staff may see the emails and reply but nothing has arisen from this. We know the email address definately exists because when you try to add the email address ...

OL 2K will NOT show e-mail addresses in to field. only names
Additionally, newsgroup post will show only subject line, not body of message containing actual question. Care to try again? ;-) outlook victim wrote: Sue Mosher wrote a great article on this: Showing the Sender's Email Address http://www.win2000mag.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=8630 -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "outlook victim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0bcc01c425b7$44eb4a10$a501280a@phx.gbl... ...

how do i set up outlook for a juno email address?
Does anyone know how to configure outlook for a juno email acct? i have comcast hi-spd service. i tried configuring it as a pop3 (don't know what that is exactly) and used mail.juno.com as the incoming and smtp.juno.com as the outgoing. checked fine on the test setting page and shows sent msgs in sent items folder but receives nothing, the sent msg wasn't received, and no folders synchronized. i'm not real smart on this stuff... Juno is not POP mail. You probably can't use Outlook for Juno, but you should ask them. "sswartzdog" wrote: > Does anyone kno...

duplicate address's in Address Book
Hello, I have a user who has a Windows XP professional using Outlook 2002 w/ sp2. We haven't figured out how to use the LDAP service to give them the current company address's so as a work around for now I exported my company email addy's to hers via floppy. When I open a new email message and click "To:" I get duplicate groups and users, three of each entry. I tried to use the Knowledge base article 299349 to resolve this but in the instructions I don't see an option under View > Current View > click to change the folder view to a table type view. ...

Non AD user access to internal CRM
We have a client requesting access to a CRM instance in our environment. Is there any way that we can grant an external user access to CRM without having them in our AD? Hi Sixty4! You can do it but you need to create a web portal. We use to do it here at Columbus IT for our clients. Éber Gustavo www.columbusit.com.br "Sixty4" wrote: > We have a client requesting access to a CRM instance in our > environment. Is there any way that we can grant an external user > access to CRM without having them in our AD? > Hi Sixty4, In terms of licensing, CRM 3.0 requi...

copy address book to another computer
Hello, How can I copy my personal address book from work computer to home computer? Thanks, Jim. What I did was export my address book to the desktop and saved it there. Then I just saved the file to a disc and inserted it onto the other computer's desktop. Then I went to the new computer's email and imported it. I'm sure there's a better way but it worked for me. >-----Original Message----- >Hello, >How can I copy my personal address book from work computer >to home computer? >Thanks, >Jim. > >. > How should I export and import? I am new in...

Filling out address
When I start to type in the name of the person to whom I am sending an e-mail, OE fills out the rest of it, but there is one name where it won't do that! It used to, but won't any more. I have to instead, type in the beginning of the person's e-mail address (which happens to be her last name). Any idea why this is happening, or how to fix it? I have OE 6 and WinXP. ...

memory leak
I think I am experiencing a memory leak when I try and run the following code: Dim pCache As Excel.PivotCache Dim pTable As PivotTable Set pCache = ActiveWorkbook.PivotCaches.Add(SourceType:=xlExternal) Set pCache.Recordset = rst Set pTable = pCache.CreatePivotTable(sheet.Range("A8")) 'Fails on this line Set AddPivotTable_Recordset = pTable When I run the code the process never gets past the create pivot table. Are there any limits on the size of recordset I can add to a pivot table? How can I make sure I have the latest service pack? I am running...

Address Book #13
I just recently upgraded to Windows XP, and Office 2003, and now I cannot find my old address book in Outlook 2000 to import it. Is it gone? How (IF I CAN) do I get it back? Thanks FIRE-GURU An in place upgrade would have retained your information store. Outlook does not use an address book. All Outlook data is stored in a single file. The file you need to look for is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Russ Valentine [MV...

Memory leak?
Hello Group, How can I be sure that I don't have memory leak in my dialog based app? Thanks in advance, Geo Hi > > How can I be sure that I don't have memory leak in my > dialog based app? > > Thanks in advance, > Geo you can use CMemoryState MFC class. Regards, Robert Thank you Robert. >-----Original Message----- >Hi >> >> How can I be sure that I don't have memory leak in my >> dialog based app? >> >> Thanks in advance, >> Geo > >you can use CMemoryState MFC class. > >Regards, Robert > > >....

Internal/External Size Limits by System User
Hello I have rec'd an odd request from mgmt. They want to limit outgoing emails from certain users in the domain to 10kb externally only, while having no limits on internal sizes or internal and external limits on other users. I know this is confusing, this is how it would work. User A: External Limit 10mb (standard), Internal Limit none User B: External Limit 10kb (yes 10KB!), Internal Limit none. I can't for the life of me figure out a way to make this work.We are using Exchange 2003, and I've tried everything I can think of but there doesn't seem to be a way to limit ext...

HOW DO I CREATE LABELS OR ADDRESSES ON ENVELOPES #2
I HAVE CREATED A DATA BASE IN MICROSOFT EXCELL AND WOULD LIKE TO EXPORT TO A LABEL OF ENVELOPE FORMAT First of all, using all caps is the same as shouting in newsgroups/forums and is considered rude Us Word and Excel see here: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm Regards, Peo Sjoblom "ANN" wrote: > I HAVE CREATED A DATA BASE IN MICROSOFT EXCELL AND WOULD LIKE TO EXPORT TO A > LABEL OF ENVELOPE FORMAT And one more link... http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge From Beth Melton and Dave Rado. ANN wrote: > > I HAVE CREATED A DATA BASE IN MICROSO...

displaying international format phone numbers
OL 2002 SP3 Win XP HE Follow-up to: microsoft.public.outlook.contacts Hi, I have a folder with hundreds of contacts. All telephone numbers display as +12129999999 I would like to have them all display as +1 (212) 999-9999 It does automatically change to that if I manually open the contact and click on the little pencil icon to the right of the phone number field. However, I can't really do this manually for hundred's of contacts. How can I automate this? Thanks a lot. ...

An internal MTA error occurred. The logon violated security. Entity name: . Error code: 0. [XAPI MAIN BASE 35 92] (14)
Exchange 5.5 An internal MTA error occurred. The logon violated security. Entity name: . Error code: 0. [XAPI MAIN BASE 35 92] (14) I get this error. I found on google a cure referencing http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;152624 But I do not understand where the Override tab is? Some1 pls detail how to fix this? 1.. Click the Site Connector, and on the File menu, click Properties. Note the Windows NT account that is specified on the Override tab, and close the Site Connector Properties page. You don't see it here? "David Lewis" <*@*.*> wrot...

Exporting Address Book in Outlook 2002
My import/export options are grayed out in my address book. I found the Microsoft Article(268578) explaining the workaround. However, when I type "wab" in run window, my outlook express address book appears. I need the Outlook address book to appear. Any Ideas? Hi, To export your contacts from Outlook, select the Contacts folder in Outlook, then click on File > Import and Export on the file menu, this will launch the import/export wizard and walk you through exporting your contact information. Regards, Scott Atkins MCSE, MCSA Partner Technical Lead - Outlook Microsoft Tech...

CWinThread and Memory Leaks.
I want to have a simple progress bar displayed whilst my MFC application is doing a lengthy operation. To do this, I am creating a user interface thread which displays a dialog containing a progress bar control. This is implemented using two classes: class CProgressDlg : public CDialog class CProgressThread : public CWinThread The CProgressThread class has a member variable: CProgressDlg m_Dlg; At the start of the lengthy operation I create a new instance of CProgressThread, and set the m_bAutoDelete member TRUE before calling CProgressThread::CreateThread(); In CProgressThread::InitInst...

OWA cannot attach file outside internal network
Dear, My question is when i use OWA to create new email, when I tried in internal network, it is no problem when i attach any size of files (within 100MB) to the new email. But when I tried outside the internal network, I only can attach files with size below 2kb, when I choose the files with size over 2MB and click the "attach" button, the page with error "...page not found..." appear. If the file size is larger than 2kb but small than 2MB, there is pop up a window and ask for login, then no any response and file haven't attached. I had tried the amended the re...