How to have external contacts with same domain as Exchange???

Hi all,

Preface:
I have Exchange Svr 2003 with Outlook 2003.
Suppose that my domain is @probe.net.
I have one central office and a lot of external offices. The exchange server
is only used to send-receive messages into the central office.
(To receive I am using the POP connector to obtain messages from my ISP,
and to send I am using the Exchange Server).
External offices read messages directly from the ISP.

Well. The problem is:
- All the external offices have email adresses with the same domain
@probe.net.
   When I add contacts to GAL with the email address of the external
offices, and send messages, always I have returned messages with error text
from my Exchange Server.
   But if I send a new message typing directly the address in the "To:"
field it sends OK.

- I need to add contacts (or users) in the GAL with the email address of the
external offices, how can do it?

I hope you understand me.
Thanks in advance.

0
rlopez (25)

Roberto L�pez wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Preface:
> I have Exchange Svr 2003 with Outlook 2003.
> Suppose that my domain is @probe.net.
> I have one central office and a lot of external offices. The exchange
> server is only used to send-receive messages into the central office.
> (To receive I am using the POP connector to obtain messages from my
> ISP, and to send I am using the Exchange Server).
> External offices read messages directly from the ISP.
>
> Well. The problem is:
> - All the external offices have email adresses with the same domain
> @probe.net.
>    When I add contacts to GAL with the email address of the external
> offices, and send messages, always I have returned messages with
> error text from my Exchange Server.
>    But if I send a new message typing directly the address in the
> "To:" field it sends OK.
>
> - I need to add contacts (or users) in the GAL with the email address
> of the external offices, how can do it?
>
> I hope you understand me.
> Thanks in advance.

You can't use contacts that have the same domain name in the SMTP address.
See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;321721 helps
with regard to sharing the address space. Also
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319759 for info on
forwarding messages to a foreign server.

 Also http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF002.html for info on hosting
your own mail rather than using POP, which is preferred.

0
lanwench (7567)

change business portal domain
When changing the Business Portal Domain, users are requesting a more automated process to update Portal Users information in the following tables for example:- MbfUserWindowsIdentity MbfUser Many sites have 100's of BP users and it is not fesible to remove and re-add user information based on the quantity of users. Scripting or a Utility to achieve the change is a viable option and would save Partners & Customer an immense amount of work, time and frustration. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the m...

Local Admin on Domain Controller?
I've fighting a number of issues related to permissions which require the user to be a member of the local admin group on the exchange server, but in this case the exchange server is a domain controller. Any ideas on what to do here? Thanks! A domain controller doesn't have any local users. If you make your user a member of the domain admins group, then he should have all the necessary permissions... "you know who maybe" <nguser2u@spamnotAOL.com> wrote in message news:113uhpbtbs4hnb0@news.supernews.com... > I've fighting a number of issues related to pe...

Password protect individual Contact? possible? Outlook 2007
I know I can password protect an entire Personal Folder, but is it possible to do the same for an individual Contact? I do see a Private icon in Options (from within a Contact) and have highlighted that. I however see no difference, before or after. I was hoping there would be a password option in Properties, but there is none. What am I not understanding? Thanks, DH Dave Horne wrote: > I know I can password protect an entire Personal Folder, but is it > possible to do the same for an individual Contact? No. > I do see a Private icon in Options (from within a Contact) and...

File open from Windows Explorer fails after Get External Data
Using Excel 97, is anyone aware of a problem where, after having "got external data" from a SQL database into a spreadsheet, an Excel file will not open from Windows Explorer. I receive no error messages, the open simply does nothing. The only way of opening files is by using the File Open within Excel or closing Excel and re opening all files without "getting external data" at any time. Many thanks Fred Newton Zurich Financial Services Hi try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again...

Importing Contact List
Just dowloaded Outook 07. Received all emails, but not contact info (and other folders) from my yahoo account. Is there a way to import my contact list, instead of individually adding? only if yahoo can export or still offers intellisync. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions...

Grabing Private Contacts
Hello. i would like to know if we can Grab all the private contacts from all users and export them into a Single file since i have to import it to another News Room Software. my problem is that i have almost 400 users and they begin writing all our contacts on Outlook and we need to take all thos contacts and put them in a special made software. so instead of roaming on all the machine and doing a 400 export process and 400 import process. can we grab the contacts from the server??? You can use exmege.exe to grab the contacts from the exchange store. You will wind up with 400 psts to then i...

Check Message Content in Exchange 2003
Hi All, I know that I can track a Mesage by a user etc using the Tracking on Exchange 2003. My Manager use to have a job that ran in 5.5 that searched the content of mail so we could track any possible racist, pornographic etc etc I know there is the *.log file that we can search for subjects etc. Is there anything I can do or can anyone pointing me in the right direction on finding something. Apoligies if this has been answered but i haven't found it. Thanks Mark ...

Exporting/Formatting External Data?
Looking for some good tips on how to do this more efficiently. My main problem is how to quickly format row labels with spaces. In brief, here's how I do it, which, admittedly, involves drudgery. For a table in, say, .pdf format, I copy the table into an MS Word document. Then, doing a search-and-replace, I substitute semicolons for the spaces in order to de-limit the data prior to exporting it into Excel. Of course, this also inserts semicolons between the words in the row labels, e.g., "Number;of;things." I then manually delete the semicolons--and the spaces they occupy--...

Mail;box permissions on Exchange 5.5
Hi, Hope someone can help, I'm sure this is an easy problem, but it is giving me a hard time. What I want to do is to be able to open other peoples mailboxes from Outlook when I am logged on at the server, I can not set the permission from the client (outlook) side, but I do have access to the Microsoft exchange admin program, but when I set the permission here it says "no inbox can be found", I am logging on as the administrator. Thanks Ging Ging, You need to login as the Exchange Service account! -- Thanks Dave [MCP, MCSE} me@davidchadwick.com http://www.davidchad...

Error saving contact created from within an Account
Hi, We have the following problem, when we create a Contact from within an Account, the Contact for is displayed with the filled in mapped fields. When we try to save the contact we get the following error: Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The parameter is incorrect. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Argumen...

Using External/Non External Data
I have a workbook that has data imported through an iqy file in column A through F. Columns G through Z have data that is not an iqy file just regular data entry by the user. The problem is that when you use "refresh" data to import newly adde rows, the data does not stay consistent with the row. Columns through F will update, but the data in columns G through G will no stay with the follow the data in the column. Is there a way to anchor a row of data? Example: Column A will have a name, created by the iqy file. Column G will hav a date, not updated by the iqy file, but ma...

Moving contacts From Microsoft Exchange System Objects to a new pc
We are running exchange 2000 on a windows 2000 domain controller. Within the Exchange Manager, under the Microsoft Exchange System Objects folder, we have a lot of contacts. Does anyone know of a way to move just these contacts without having to just renter them all manually. I know that we can export the list of contacts, but it doesn't carry their information with the list. We are setting up a new server with exchange 2003 and we don't want to move anything over but these contacts. Thanks. On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 14:48:09 -0800, Holcomb.frank <Holcombfrank@discussions.microsoft...

Import users from mixed mode Domain
Hello friends I have a domain with 2 sub domains (Sub-Domain A and B), and I installed the MS CRM 3 on sub-domain A. The functional Level of Sub-Domain A is 2003 Native and Sub-Domain B is Mixed, because the existence of NT4 PDC. On Deployment Guide 3.0.5 MS CRM, on page 6-12 tell how to add users from mixed mode, and because I'm new on this, I can't find the role "Browser for Microsoft CRM", wich is necessary to be assigned to the local security group that I will create with users from mixed Sub-Domain B. Can anyone help me with this step? Best Regards, ...

deleted a global address list user exchange 5.5
We deleted a global address list user thinking it was just an email address listing - now it turns out the user does not have an inbox, contacts anymore. The list was recreated by importing the CSV file that was saved out as a back up just before the delition. Now we can send the user email but the inbox history is gone - that which was on the exchange server. The edb file looks to be the same size. - is the data there still? Or are the fields empty and the db not compressed. Is it that just the links gone? Or is the content gone? Is there anyway to recover (other than a backup - tha...

prevent external email
Is there a way to prevent a specific mailbox from receiving external email? Thanks, Jeff Yes. What version of Exchange? jeff wrote: > Is there a way to prevent a specific mailbox from > receiving external email? > > Thanks, > Jeff This is assuming you have Exch 2k3. Open ESM Expand Org Expand Global Settings Properties of Message Delivery Recipient Filtering Tab Add Email Address *This will block emails from anonymous conections. Anyone who auth's to send mail to this email will pass throught which should be the desired result. Thanks, Chad "jeff" wro...

Client Version in Exchange 2000 System Manager
Hi, Is there any list available that deciphers the different numerical codes in Exchange System Manager under Logons\Client Version. There are lots of different ones in our organisation - including some home workers who have not visited IT in years. We are trying to compile a list of all the Exchange clients and who uses them. I googled some of these numbers and got no hits. I was wondering if there is a page on the internet that correlates all the numbers to a specific mail client, as the codes themselves are entirely useless. Thanks. http://www.cdolive.com/build.htm This might fill in s...

External Drives...
Two questions: 1. Under disk management, I marked one of my drives 'active'. What does that mean and how do I mark it as not active, as in revert it back to whatever state it was in before - or do I care? 2. This one has been a major annoyance. No matter which USB slot I plug it into or which drive I plug in first, one of my external hard drives always sets to 'J' when I need it permanently 'I'. So annoying! As is, I keep having to change the drive letters and paths each time - 'I' to 'J' and 'J' to 'I' What gives?! ...

Exchange 2003 Delivery failure notifications not going through
I have one user on Entourage 2008. When a message she sends is not delivered, she does not get a notification that it did not go through. I can see the messages sitting on the server in the local delivery queue but I have no idea how to get them to go where they need to go. any help would be appreciated. Stephanie ...

"Notes" field not mapping between Leads & Contacts/Accounts
I have made this a suggestion, so Microsoft can feel our need for this functionality. If you don't feel like having to program this yourself, please click on the "I agree" button. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/...

Using Outlook for Contacts Only
Is there a way to configure Outlook to manage contacts only? I don't use it for email (I use MSN), and have 2000+ emails that are in the inbox. I think if I delete them on Outlook, they'll be deleted from MSN? I don't want them in both places. Help, please! AZGeld wrote: > Is there a way to configure Outlook to manage contacts only? I don't use it > for email (I use MSN), and have 2000+ emails that are in the inbox. I think > if I delete them on Outlook, they'll be deleted from MSN? I don't want them > in both places. Help, please! What do you mean b...

external access to companyweb not working
Page cannot be displayed. using sbs2k3 with all of the latest service packs, sharepoint, exchange, etc. rww and owa seem to be working fine. https://www.domainname.com:444 not working (internally nor externally) http://companyweb/default.aspx works fine. ran and reran the internet connection wizard, checked all settings in iis, port numbers, etc. I've read and re-read all of the past solutions provided and this is not working for me. Does https;// ipaddress/companyweb work? Ports 4125 444 and 443 open on the router? Tami "Steve" wrote: > ...

Contacts display #2
How can I set the default display to collapse all groups? I display my hundreds of contacts by groups. However, every time I go to Contacts the groups are expanded. This requires me to go to the View menu to pick Expand/Collapse Groups and Collapse This Group every time. Can I just set this as a default? TIA What version of Outlook are you running? "NorfolkChuck" wrote: > How can I set the default display to collapse all groups? > I display my hundreds of contacts by groups. However, every time I go to > Contacts the groups are expanded. This requires me to go to the V...

Outlook 2003, 2007 and Exchange 2003, 2007
Has anyone had this issue? I have both Exchange 2003 and 2007 under different Organizations, and a ton of users with Outlook 2003 and 2007 clients. I would like to configure a way to share the calendars in both mail clients, regardless of which email post office they reside in. Has anyone gone through with this? Or point me in the right direction. You might want to post this to an Exchange group since sharing is an Exchange feature and having a mixed environment of server and client makes this more complicated. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep t...

External Hard drive 11-29-09
I am looking for a 1 to 1.5TB external hard drive to backup my system on. I do not want it to run backups automatically. What is a good one? Jim Brown(jbrown15@hvc.rr.com This one looks good - good price too: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?sku=A3098104&cs=04&c=us&l=en&dgc=BF&cid=7421&lid=197378&acd=10466193-1260291- PS: use free Macrium ( http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.asp ) for imaging. It is easy to use, fast and works really well. -- whs For 1-2TB drives check: www.ecost.com ...

External References vs. Get External Data
Greetings: I'm using Excel 07. I've got external works books that contain data lists. = Information in those lists is referenced via VLOOKUPS in thousands of place= s in the target workbook. Is it more efficient / easier to maintain if I pu= ll the data into its own sheets via an ODBC connection and then do VLOOKUPS= to the local copies of the data, or should I continue using the thousands = of VLOOKUPS to external workbooks? TIA Keith ...