How to go about migration of Exchange 2k Mailbox to Exchange 2003

0
Sharma (9)

Try Exmerge

"Sushil K Sharma" <Sushil K Sharma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:A6C22FBF-B8C4-4A2F-A198-7A99E4671650@microsoft.com...

0
Keith
10/18/2004 3:52:34 AM
Sushil K Sharma wrote:

Hard to give you an answer with so little info. How is your E2003 server
installed, if you already have it set up? If the E2003 server is installed
in the same organization/forest, you can move mailboxes from E2k to E2003.

When you post, please put a concise summary of your question in the subject
line, and more details in the body of your message.

0
lanwench (7567)

Upgrading exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003
Hi I have done alot of research and I have few questions which I want to clear up before I run the upgrade on production servers. Right now, we have two NT 4.0 domains i.e. abc.com (abc) and test.com (test). We have one exchange 5.5 server in abc.com domain running on windows 2000 server with latest service packs (users email address as user@abc.com). First, I am planning to upgrade our windows enviroment from NT 4.0 to 2003 Active directory. The way I have planned is that we are going to have one root domain as new.local which will be the first domain controller in the forest and it will be...

problem in migration
hellow in past i use ms excel of office 97 nowa day i use office 2000 excel but many files created in office 97 can not open in office 2000 it gives the error i/o device error but the same file is open in office 97 till today so how can i open the files in office 2000 I would try and see if the same files could be opened on another computer in, maybe one with 97 and one with 2000.....try to see if the problem is with the file, or with your install of 2000.....if you don't have access, perhaps you could email the file to a friend and they could try..... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CA...

High level Exchange Advise.
Hope any of the Exchange MVP's can give a solution to the following issue. Our environment consist of many EX 5.5 sites, recently I added one exchange 2003 server with in one of the ex5.5 site. All messages are forward to a smart host that based on LDAP query and forward to outside world, we share our smtp (@abc.com) address with one another company (second exchange organization called OrgB) that do not have any reference in our Exchange GAL because of certain restrictions. The LDAP application is responsible for forwarding the mails to correct server with in our two compani...

Saving 2003 up to 2007 ?
I just read the post about compressing a workbook, and thought I'd try it, and discovered that my work 2003 allows saving as 2007. ( I have 07 at home, and 03 at work.) How does that work out ? Regarding some of the 07 stuff that isn't available in 3, like sumifs. Or is it ? Thanks, Steve If you're going to use files under both 2003 and 2007, stick with 2003 worksheet functions, which means not using SUMIFS() and other new commands added if you do development/design in 2007. They're not going to work in 2003. You're probably best off with those w...

Where Do Messages Go??
If there isn't a kink in my program and it's behaving as it should, I hope someone can answer my questions. Messages disappear. Example: I e-mailed a friend, who e-mailed me back. When I answered that response, I could find no trace of it in "sent mail" or anywhere else, and the item in my inbox maintained its appearance as unread mail. If I click "mark read" it disappears altogether. I've lost several messages this way. Also I seem to be unable to drag a message from one folder to another. It gets lost in the transporter, never to be seen agai...

Exchange 2003 Standard approaching 16GB limit
I just saw on our backup the EDB is nearing 16GB and I'm not sure if this exchange 2003 server is configured to accept more than 16GB database. How do I check, and what is the best method for patching to increase the limit? On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 07:58:54 -0700, "Bob Mgr" <kilbyfan@spammenotAOL.com> wrote: >I just saw on our backup the EDB is nearing 16GB and I'm not sure if this >exchange 2003 server is configured to accept more than 16GB database. How do >I check, and what is the best method for patching to increase the limit? > Apply Sp2 http://w...

Outlook 2003 New Install
Have installed Outlook 2003 twice. When I try to open it, it just clocks. When I try to close it I get Not Responding. What am I missing here? I am on a new Dell 600m on a wireless connection. Do you detect desperation in my post? I need some help from anyone more saavy than I. Close Outlook. Find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. (If using Windows 2000 or XP, you will need to enable searching hidden and system folders.) Once you have done so, reopen Outlook and it should open fine. You will need to rebuild any custom toolbars or customizations as the file outcmd.dat controls how t...

Migration Question #5
Hello I have 2 SBS 2K3. One is hosting our web sites and exchange email. I would like to move all user accounts and email boxes as well as exchange config to the new server. How can I do this? Any help would be great. Thanks. -- Tom Cimino Cimino Brothers produce tom@broccoli.net 831-751-9150 ...

Where do the Archives Go?
I cannot find the information Outlook claims to have archived for me. Yes I know how to display the archived calendar, but it's blank. Any ideas? Thanks! I use XP, and Office 2007. "6Sigma 5s No Clue" <6Sigma5sNoClue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B239B721-DCF1-4337-947D-B325D4BF0E4A@microsoft.com... >I cannot find the information Outlook claims to have archived for me. Yes I > know how to display the archived calendar, but it's blank. Any ideas? > Thanks! > > I use XP, and Office 2007. Why do you think Outook is arch...

Autocorrect 2003 converted to 2007
Can someone tell me how to convert my Word 2003 autocorrect files to Word 2007? I have tried copying my MSO1033.acl to the building blocks/1033 folder, but when I click on quick parts, it throws up a dialog box with garbage in it. I have read through many of the messages, but they appear to be discussing moving from 2003 to 2003 or 2007 to 2007. Thanks for any help. You shouldn't have to do anything. If you're trying to move from one machine to another, just copy the file to the equivalent place it came from - the actual path varies according to Windows version, b...

Outlook 2002 and keeping messages on Exchange Server
OK. This may be a really dumb question but I have tried everything to fix this problem. I have created a Personal Folder on my computer. I have 2 POP mail accounts that download my mail from the ISP into my .pst file. No problem there. I recently added another Microsoft Exchange account to the list of email accounts and though I have tried everything I can think of Outlook downloads my mail off the Exchange server into my .pst file. I want to keep the Exchange files on the server but download the POP mail into the .pst file. I know this feature is available but WHERE??? Any h...

SBS 2003 CAL's
Hi Our customer needs a 5 license user CAL pack for his SBS 2003 Server. Is it correct that I now have to buy 2008 and backgrade it? If so, the place we purchase our IT stuff from, has the following T74-01214 - Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 - version upgrade licence Is this not what they need? Thanks Neil Licensing is confusing (to say the least)... T74-01214... those are the "Volume Upgrade" CALs used when you are upgrading from SBS 4.0, 4.5, 2000 to SBS 2003. You'll need to buy the Volume License or Retail SBS 2008 CALs. If Volume Licen...

If statements (of course) {running excel 2003}
There has to be an easier way to do this. I have a commission worksheet. In column A I have the revenue. In column B I'd like to display the payout. For instance, if cell A1 is 0-14999, B1 should display A1*0% if cell A1 is 15-19999, B1 should display A1*10% and so on, including a total of 7 tiers or variables. Right now I have a terribly long 'If' statement and it is cumbersome to make any changes. I am -okay- at VB, but I know nothing about pivot tables, FYI. Thank you so much! Jacob Create a 2xn table with the values 0,0;15000,10%;etc in say M1:N10 and then use =VLOOK...

Leak in Exchange Permissions
Hello colleagues, I've a problem in our Exchange 2003 environment.: Every administrator can send faked emails using Outlook. - Normal users can't. Example: I get an email from a colleauge, I click on reply, add the "From fied" to the response email and change my name to the name of my boss. Then I sent this email and my colleauge gets an email from his boss (faked by me). I've checked the permissions on the mailbox; there is not set "send as" and there is no "send on behalf". Do you have an idea how I can solve this issue? Perhaps do you have to...

Price/cost fields need to be able to go beyond 5 decimals.
When we receive product it comes in $ per metric ton, which we convert to $ per lb.. We sometimes receive product in millions of lbs. in one line item, when we convert from $/MT to lb./MT the limit of 5 decimal places in a currency field causes pretty lare rounding errors to occur in our extended cost. This causes our posted cost in GP to be different than what we actually pay our vendors. The ability to extend beyond 5 decimals in the currency field would solve the problem, but for now it is not possible in GP. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsof...

Multiple calendars, how to choose which one meetings go into
Hi I have 3 calendars setup in outlook XP , when someone sends me a meeting request how can i change which calendar the meeting goes into, at the moment they all go into what i guess is the default calendar which i want to change to a different one any ideas? thanks Chris You really can't change it. Outlook treats certain folders special. "Chris S" <fred@fred.com> wrote in message news:43cf7167$0$23294$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk... > Hi > > I have 3 calendars setup in outlook XP , when someone sends me a meeting > request how can i change which calend...

exmerge for exchange 5.5 #2
Hello, I have a exchange 5.5 that i want to extract the mailboxes so that i can import them to another exchange 2003 in another organization. The only exmerge that i see in microsoft site says it requires exchange 2003 to run it, does anyone know where i can download the version of exmerge to extract the mailboxes from the exchange 5.5 server? thanks, jh On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 09:29:28 -0700, "jhayes" <jhayesit@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I have a exchange 5.5 that i want to extract the mailboxes so that i can >import them to another exchange 2003 in anoth...

Header & Footer Excel 2003
Does anyone know if I can do a more detailed header and footer? I have tried to do a Custom Header but it doesn't allow me to format how I need to. I wanted to use a header & footer so that information on each page of the document gets updated the same on every page (like a Word document) and I don't want to faff around using formulas as I'm new to Excel. Also, If I was able to sort this out I would still have the problem of not being able to view the header and footer without looking at Print Preview. This would be a pain. Any ideas? Thanks Julia What information ...

Go to page
I have a long document and need to go the certain pages without having to scroll down. How do I go to a particular page? Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0040_01CAEE07.56832EE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Press Ctrl+G to open the GoTo dialog, and enter the page number. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "richard" <rmk@wo...

Exchange 5.5 SP4
Hi, I have an NT4 server with Exchange 5.5 SP4 installed. I have followed all the guides for ensuring relaying is prohibited on our server - tried the telnet tests (MAIL FROM, RCPT TO etc) and I get the response 550 relaying is prohibited. However, when online our Exchange outbound queue constantly fills with spam mail, originating from the sender <>. How can I stop this? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks, Paul. On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 13:12:24 -0000, "Paul Kavanagh" <pkavanagh@ntlworld.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have an NT4 server with Exchange 5.5 SP4 ...

Re: Strange Exchange 2003 Behavior
My Exchange server is acting weird and I don't know if it is nothing to worry about...or an indication of an actual problem. I have certain internet mail servers (not all...I am receiving SOME mail) that will sign on to my network and when the connection is passed from my SMTP gateway and the Exchange server answers with a 220 code, the connection is ended....the logs say disconnected. As I said, I am receiving some mail but these bother me just a bit.......I recognize the server trying to connect....a newsletter that I receive....and I am getting about 6 to 8 of these every half hour, a...

Here we go again
Well, once again CashEdge is not connecting/syncing with Money and MSN Money. I guess I won't run right out to buy Money 2007. Even if the software were an improvement over M06, it cannot be any better than the weakest link in the sync chain. A known problem, David -- and not unique to the version of Money. Look at http://moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.asp -- Michael Gordon MVP "David Haynes" <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:eNopg0UzGHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Well, once again CashEdge is not connecting/syncing with Money and MSN ...

If Public Folders are going away..
What would be the best/simplest solution for a user requesting a group calendar to be used within Outlook. Ordinarily i would advise them to create a calendar within the Public Folders hierarchy and then assign access rights to anyone who needs it. I understand though that Public Folders will be history with the next release of Exchange. The only thing i can think of is to create a new mailbox, share the calendar, and then walk users through adding it to their Outlook folder list. I suspect this isn't the best way though. Any recommendations out there? All clients are running ...

The services for exchange server stop automatically---Urgently
We use SBS2003, but today the services for email system, such as POP3, SMTP stop automatically. Even I restart these services, 2 mins later the services stop again. But I check the Event View, and could not find any error message. Does someone here help me to fix this issue? On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 23:18:00 -0800, Michael Tang <MichaelTang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We use SBS2003, but today the services for email system, such as POP3, SMTP >stop automatically. Even I restart these services, 2 mins later the services >stop again. But I check the Event View, and could ...

MS Mail and Outlook 2003
We are still using MS mail for our internal mail. Now we have three new machines running Office 2003 Is there a fix to use MS Mail on outlook 2003 I tried one for Outlook 2002 but it didn't work ...