I want to allow the group Everyone to have read-only access to a calendar in
a certain mailbox. I can do this by granting the permission 'Full mailbox
access' (under 'Mailbox rights',  under 'Exchange Advanced', for the
particular user). However this also allows people to to do everything (ie:
they become read-write users).

I notice that every mailbox in the system has 'Read permissions' granted to
group Everyone. This does not allow other people to open items in the
mailbox, but as I understand it, permits Exchange Server and Outlook to do
shared meeting appointments, etc.

So how on earth do I grant read-only permission to say the mailbox's
Calendar? (without granting read-write permission).

Thanks in advance,

Tom

0
anonymous1 (43)

create a group with everyone in it, then logon to the mailbox and give that
group "reviewer" permissions on the calendar folder...

"Tom Edelbrok" <anonymous@anonymous.com> wrote in message
> I want to allow the group Everyone to have read-only access to a calendar
in
> a certain mailbox. I can do this by granting the permission 'Full mailbox
> access' (under 'Mailbox rights',  under 'Exchange Advanced', for the
> particular user). However this also allows people to to do everything (ie:
> they become read-write users).
>
> I notice that every mailbox in the system has 'Read permissions' granted
> group Everyone. This does not allow other people to open items in the
> mailbox, but as I understand it, permits Exchange Server and Outlook to do
> shared meeting appointments, etc.
>
> So how on earth do I grant read-only permission to say the mailbox's
> Calendar? (without granting read-write permission).
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Tom

0
sconkey (3059)
8/3/2005 11:23:19 PM
Remove that group from Mailbox Rights; as you've observed that grants full
access to the mailbox.

Open the mailbox with Outlook, right-click Calendar, select the Permissions
tab, and grant both Default and Anonymous the Reviewer role.

--
Ed Crowley
Celebrating a decade of Exchange peer support

"Tom Edelbrok" <anonymous@anonymous.com> wrote in message
>I want to allow the group Everyone to have read-only access to a calendar
>in a certain mailbox. I can do this by granting the permission 'Full
>mailbox access' (under 'Mailbox rights',  under 'Exchange Advanced', for
>the particular user). However this also allows people to to do everything
>(ie: they become read-write users).
>
> I notice that every mailbox in the system has 'Read permissions' granted
> to group Everyone. This does not allow other people to open items in the
> mailbox, but as I understand it, permits Exchange Server and Outlook to do
> shared meeting appointments, etc.
>
> So how on earth do I grant read-only permission to say the mailbox's
> Calendar? (without granting read-write permission).
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Tom

Hi Tom,

Thanks for posting here. And thanks all for sharing experience.

I agree with Ed that it is not necessary to grant Full Mailbox Rights to
Everyone Group in Mailbox rights of ADUC snap-in, you can simply follow the
steps below to grant Calendar Read permission to everyone.

1. Login the mailbox whose Calendar Folder you would like to share with
everyone.
2. Right click the Calendar Folder, click Properties.
3. In Permissions tab, click Default entry in Name box, assign him as
Reviewer in Permission Level drop down list.
4. Click OK.

After that, everyone in your domain can view his calendar folder by the
steps below.

1. Login Outlook by his own account.
2. Click File menu, click Open, click Open User��s folder.
3. Input the name of the user who shares his calendar folder in name box,
choose Calendar in Folder drop down list.
4. Click Ok then you can view the calendar of another user.

Hope this helps. If there is anything unclear, feel free to let me know.
Thanks and have a nice day!

Lee Li

Microsoft Online Partner Support

v-leeli (179)

Previously deleted user shows up on meeting invites to former delegate
Here's the situation: User A was a delegate for User B's Calendar, inbox, and tasks folder. User A was able to send mail on User B's behalf, and manipulate User B's calendar and tasks. User A was deleted from active directories, and the exchange mailbox was removed. Now, when User B gets a meeting request, the user requesting the meeting gets a response back from the system indicating that User A no longer exists. We have checked permissions and delegates, and see no trace of User A anywhere anymore. Where are we forgetting to look? Are those meeting requests se...

cannot access conditional formating for a cell, why?
cannot access conditional formating for a cell, why? Is the worksheet protected? Regards |:>) On 8/22/05 6:15 PM, in article 3CFE1BC7-8E8A-47B4-B03F-7D3C6B0C4803@microsoft.com, "Steve Epstein" <SteveEpstein@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > cannot access conditional formating for a cell, why? ...

destroyWindow give error
Hi hi i have one class which is nodialog from that i create dialog which is modeless. in one thread i call destryWindow from onother thread..it give error CHandleMap* pMap = afxMapHWND(); >> >> ASSERT(pMap != NULL); // Why does pMap == NULL this code fails.. if any body have solution ,plz send pradip > in one thread > > i call destryWindow from onother thread..it Thats your problem. The map between handle and CWnds is thread specific. This must be called on the same thread the window was created. --- Ajay you can post a custom defined message to the ...

Publisher 2007 trialV does not recognize user Word dictionaries
Publisher 2007 trialV does not recognize user Word dictionary. If I try to install the dictionary in publisher it says save dictionary as unicode. I do not have this as a save option in Word XP. Thanks, Dick. ...

when I put my flash drive in, the computer does not give me drive
when I put my flash drive in my computer will not give me a drive "capricorngirlone" <capricorngirlone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26C0CE67-BEBA-44EF-9C48-32170D952552@microsoft.com... > when I put my flash drive in my computer will not give me a drive > That's a problem with your version of Windows, not Excel. -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack level and the FULL contents of any error message(s) Start > Settings > Control Panel > Administrative Tools &...

Calling CFileException::Delete() gives an assert
My codes goes like this: CFileException exept; BOOL bResult = m_file.Open(lpszSource, CFile::modeRead | CFile::shareDenyWrite, &exept); if (!bResult) { exept.ReportError(); exept.Delete(); } On the except.Delete() I get a "breakpoint" message that puts me in the disassembler, and if I push F5 I get an assert in dbgheap.c around the line: /* * If this ASSERT fails, a bad pointer has been passed in. It may be * totally bogus, or it may have been allocated from another heap. * The pointer MUST come from the 'local' heap. ...

Problematic calendar format
I'm having serious problems trying to sync Outlook 2007 calendar with the one of my Samsung S5600 mobile phone. The sync software only supports .vcs (vCalendar), .nsf, .dif and .mdb-formats so I wonder if there is a way to save an Outlook calendar using another format but iCalendar. Thank you and happy new year! If it supports the access mdb format, that would probably be the easiest - otherwise, open and appointment and save each item as a vcs. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://...

New users not working or in address book
We just loaded up a new exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 Server in a Windows 2000 domain. Everything seemed to be working fine: All our users have email accounts and email was sending correctly. That's when we found out 1 user could not log in. He had no email addresses in his account settings, so I added them manually. Now he can log in but is not in the addressbook. All new accounts created are not going into the address book. In the eventvwr, I am receiving 8270 errors and 8315 errors. The checkbox for allowing rights to propogate are all checked. Thanks in advance, Chris See...

Send mail using addresses in Access?
Hi, We have a membership list in Access 2003. We'd like to send an email to all the members that have an email address. From Outlook 2003 I haven't found a way to use the addresses in Access. I tried running a query, exporting it as .csv and importing it into Outlook. This requires a non-trivial amount of cleaning up (I used Notepad) to make all the addresses look good. I could import the addresses into Outlook, but, once there, I could not do anything with them such as put them into a distribution list. Is there a way to get the email addresses in Access attached to emails in O...

Picking Ticket
Hello - I want to be able to print the User Defined 1 field from the SOP document's SHIP TO address on the picking ticket. I can't seem to get to this particular user defined field. Any suggestions? Thanks, Tracey ...

WORD gives error message on closing
I am running WORD2007 under VISTA. When I try to close a file or exit WORD, I get an error message "Microsoft Office Word has stopped working". If I try to retry I get another message that Word is trying to retrieve information. If I ignore or press cancel, Word restarts. How do I get "normal" file close and product exit? That's a symptom of a Word Data Key corruption - usually because Word has been running when updates are installed. Run Regedit and expand by double-clicking to the key below. With DATA selected, press DELETE. Word will automatically...

Reading the HTML in an Outlook *.msg file?
Does anyone know if its possible to save the HTML (source) of an Exchange/Outlook email to text without having to open the email itself? I have searched for answers to this and am pretty sure it can't be done - but thought I'd post a question just in case. Currently we are manually going through emails recieved on our Excahnge server, right clicking and selecting "View source" and then searching for "href" or "src" tags in the HTML code to find the actual links these things are connecting to and then adding these to our spam block lists so we don't g...

Vacation Calendar
Hi I have SBS2003 Standard, running Exchange 2003 and Windows SharePoint Services. I have setup a vacation calendar on SharePoint that links to exchange, that all works great, but wondered if there is any way to get a print or count of the number of days used by each person. For example, if I have 3 half days off in the calendar, can I get a print for all the vacation days by person, or a list say Ken = 1.5 days ?? Is this possible ? Many Thanks Ken. ...

I give up!
I've used it. I've fought with it. I've tried everything. WLM has now got me beat!! I have it setup with two e-mail accounts and a NG account. The two e- mail accounts are used to retrieve NG e-mail / spam--which is filtered out excellently--and the other is a general one for chit-chat. The NG account I use to view groups etc. However, and this is where WLM is beating me, frequently I get an error when opening WLM telling me that the message store has been corrupted. When I login, there are no e-mails in the two accounts and there are no NG's that were listed...

Problem Accessing Service Calendar & Knowledge Base
Hi, I'm having a problem accessing the service calendar & Knowledge Base. I have CRM version 3.0, I also recently reformatted my PC to a fresh install of XP Pro SP2. I has not worked on my PC since, however all the other users can acces these fine. I would appreciate some help. This problem can occur if you have the Outlook CRM client running. Try closing Outlook and all web browser windows, then opening the web browser and connecting to CRM. If this still doesn't work, try deleting all cookies on the machine -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://...

Logging user access
I would like to know how to log when users access the GP system. When they access how long they are logged on. We are using MS GP V9 and SQL server V 2005. Thanks Brian Hi Brian, Have you looked at Activity Tracking? It should be under Tools-Setup-Activity tracking. You have the options to select Login/Log off tracking, Posting, Master records editing etc. Its not ideal, but a good first level auditing. I believe there is another module (u need to pay extra) - Audit Trails and lots of other 3rd party solutions that audit either on the GP side, or leverage SQL2005 cap...

How to visualize other users calendar.
Hi, How to visualize other users calendar? Are a simple way=20 for this? We have a user who have the task of set appointments for=20 other users. For this she needs see the calendar of that=20 users. I know who is possible see all appointments like=20 activities but this is not what we want. Can somebody help me? Thank for pay attention and sorry my bad english. :) []'s Vin=EDcius Pitta Lima de Ara=FAjo ------=_NextPart_0001_253C22FD Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights Hi , I...

OWA Calendars on a Mac
It seems that any browser on any Mac does not allow users to enter exact times for calendar entries. Instead they get a drop down list of half hour increments. Is there any way to change this? theodoru wrote: > It seems that any browser on any Mac does not allow users to enter exact > times for calendar entries. Instead they get a drop down list of half hour > increments. Is there any way to change this? What version of Safari or IE are you using? It may be worthwhile to try Entourage for mac, if you're using the latest SBS by any chance and it's included (unlike...

Nested Formula Giving Incorrect Answer
Hi, I am looking at an issue one of our staff has. He is using the below formula across a set of data =IF(INT(MOD(E13,C14))>1,INT(E13/C14),0) This returns 0, if E13 is not disvisible by C14, or the closest integer (rounded down) if it is. The formula works perfectly for most of the data, but when E13 is 50,000 it throws a wobbler and returns 0, it doesn't matter what the value of C14 is. After doing a bit of testing, and typing figures into the formula manually, I have figured out that if a number between 50,000 and 50,002 is entered, the formula returns 0, above or...

Web Access/Outlook
I'm using Outlook 2002 in unison with an iPaq pocket pc on my home computer. My company just got us AT&T wireless Blackberries and wants us to use the calander on the exchange's outlook (Outlook 98). How do I get the contacts/calendar/tasks on the Web Access Exchange Outlook to be the same as the Outlook installed on my home pc (and thus sync with my iPaq) with out having to enter the info twice. Once on the exchange and once on my home pc? Any help would be appreciated!!!! ...

User deleted from AD. Creating error now.
When trying to reassign Accounts from a user that has left the company, we receive the error below. The user has been removed from the network and no longer resides in the Active Directory. I can re-assign other accounts just fine, just not any that are currently assigned to this old user. What do I do? Can I add her back to AD? "External Error - No Such Object on Server - The selected object could not be found. Verify that the object exists in both the database and the Active Directory. Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report: Error Description: There is no such object on the server. Er...

VOUCHERS: Giving them away...
Howdy all- I am trying to set up a loyalty program where a customer gets a free $5 gift card for each $100 she spends. I can’t figure out how to set this up in the system. I want to “sell” the gift card on the transaction in question, but sell it at $0 and allow it to be redeemed for $5 later. It does not seem like I can do this… As an alternative, I can create serial numbers for my $5 voucher item and mark them as sold, and then just give out the card with transactions that qualify, but then I have no way to link the card to a transaction and this could obviously lead to abuse. Also,...

Re-assign the records from one user to another
Hello, I know that it should be option to re-assign the records on the 'User Definition' screen (under Actions), but when I go into this screen with the SysAdmin role, I don't have this option. Any ideas? Regards, Inna. ...

Change User Default Keyboard language using GPO
Hello, It is possible to Change User Default Keyboard language using GPO ? I try to create an Adm files which can change the language for one user, it's work fine, but on the logon screen the language is always by default. In other word i would like chnage by GPO what i do when i manuelly change this register key on a locale machine. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Keyboard Layout\Preload\1 with the right value according the language selected. Can you help me ? Ty, there is a mistake in the reg key, i think you have understood :) HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Keyboard Layout\Pre...

attachments -- NOT read only
In Outlook 2003 --- it appears of the attachements files sent in emails in excel/ wordperfect come in as read only i like the old way -- not read only --- where can one can / delete the read only option on attachements??? thanks On 10/21/2003 11:31 PM, jackws@jsarch.com wrote: > In Outlook 2003 --- it appears of the attachements files > sent in emails in excel/ wordperfect come in as read only Just save the file to your local machine and start from there... Alex -- -( Alex Yu | Systms Admintr | Multmd Devlpr | AEM | RPI | MSFT MVP )- Is there any other way then to save the f...