How to disable automatic mail-enable for Public folders ?

Hello,

 Environment :  Server Exchange 2003 SP2 - Operation mode: Native Mode (no pre-Exchange 2000 
servers).

When i create new public folders it by default is mail enabled - how i can disable this feature - i 
need that new created folders don't have e-mails by default.

If i look in :
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3AdminGuide/e9545541-ee66-415c-b5ba-b977d8a6b714.mspx?mfr=true

"Folders created in native-mode Exchange Server 2003 must be mail-enabled manually." But - "Folders 
that you migrate from Exchange 5.5 are mail-enabled by default." - I think that is possibility that 
some of root folders are migrated from 5.5 to 2000 and after that to 2003. Is there posibility to 
manualy change that settings - disable automatic mail enabling for that public folders ?

Thanks for Yours anwers.


0
5/18/2006 7:49:25 AM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

4 Replies
685 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 47

On Thu, 18 May 2006 10:49:25 +0300, "Diamondas"
<Diamondas_NOSPAM_@takas.lt> wrote:

>Hello,
>
> Environment :  Server Exchange 2003 SP2 - Operation mode: Native Mode (no pre-Exchange 2000 
>servers).
>
>When i create new public folders it by default is mail enabled - how i can disable this feature - i 
>need that new created folders don't have e-mails by default.
>
>If i look in :
>http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3AdminGuide/e9545541-ee66-415c-b5ba-b977d8a6b714.mspx?mfr=true
>
>"Folders created in native-mode Exchange Server 2003 must be mail-enabled manually." But - "Folders 
>that you migrate from Exchange 5.5 are mail-enabled by default." - I think that is possibility that 
>some of root folders are migrated from 5.5 to 2000 and after that to 2003. Is there posibility to 
>manualy change that settings - disable automatic mail enabling for that public folders ?
>
>Thanks for Yours anwers.
>

If you are in native mode, then they should not be mail-enabled by
default.

If they are, then you have got something weird going on.

0
adavid (8731)
5/18/2006 1:08:29 PM
I see that something is wrong, but how i can correct this ? Or if folders is migrated from 5.5 this 
is impossible to change something ?

"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message 
news:tbso62169ig0vulpv1qhgncbnaiiajpnev@4ax.com...
> On Thu, 18 May 2006 10:49:25 +0300, "Diamondas"
> <Diamondas_NOSPAM_@takas.lt> wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>> Environment :  Server Exchange 2003 SP2 - Operation mode: Native Mode (no pre-Exchange 2000
>>servers).
>>
>>When i create new public folders it by default is mail enabled - how i can disable this feature - 
>>i
>>need that new created folders don't have e-mails by default.
>>
>>If i look in :
>>http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3AdminGuide/e9545541-ee66-415c-b5ba-b977d8a6b714.mspx?mfr=true
>>
>>"Folders created in native-mode Exchange Server 2003 must be mail-enabled manually." But - 
>>"Folders
>>that you migrate from Exchange 5.5 are mail-enabled by default." - I think that is possibility 
>>that
>>some of root folders are migrated from 5.5 to 2000 and after that to 2003. Is there posibility to
>>manualy change that settings - disable automatic mail enabling for that public folders ?
>>
>>Thanks for Yours anwers.
>>
>
> If you are in native mode, then they should not be mail-enabled by
> default.
>
> If they are, then you have got something weird going on.
> 


0
5/19/2006 8:07:41 AM
On Fri, 19 May 2006 11:07:41 +0300, "Diamondas"
<Diamondas_NOSPAM_@takas.lt> wrote:

>I see that something is wrong, but how i can correct this ? Or if folders is migrated from 5.5 this 
>is impossible to change something ?

Any new public folder you create in Exchange 200x native mode should
not be mail-enabled by default. If they are , then I would call PSS
because either you are not truly in native mode, or something is
broken.

>
>"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message 
>news:tbso62169ig0vulpv1qhgncbnaiiajpnev@4ax.com...
>> On Thu, 18 May 2006 10:49:25 +0300, "Diamondas"
>> <Diamondas_NOSPAM_@takas.lt> wrote:
>>
>>>Hello,
>>>
>>> Environment :  Server Exchange 2003 SP2 - Operation mode: Native Mode (no pre-Exchange 2000
>>>servers).
>>>
>>>When i create new public folders it by default is mail enabled - how i can disable this feature - 
>>>i
>>>need that new created folders don't have e-mails by default.
>>>
>>>If i look in :
>>>http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3AdminGuide/e9545541-ee66-415c-b5ba-b977d8a6b714.mspx?mfr=true
>>>
>>>"Folders created in native-mode Exchange Server 2003 must be mail-enabled manually." But - 
>>>"Folders
>>>that you migrate from Exchange 5.5 are mail-enabled by default." - I think that is possibility 
>>>that
>>>some of root folders are migrated from 5.5 to 2000 and after that to 2003. Is there posibility to
>>>manualy change that settings - disable automatic mail enabling for that public folders ?
>>>
>>>Thanks for Yours anwers.
>>>
>>
>> If you are in native mode, then they should not be mail-enabled by
>> default.
>>
>> If they are, then you have got something weird going on.
>> 
>
0
adavid (8731)
5/19/2006 12:57:02 PM
Any new created public folder in root folder not mail-enabled - it works fine. But what i can do 
with old root folders migratged from 5.5 ? Only PSS can help my ?

"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message 
news:i2gr625rd2o2u8dso3h3588c27undhmsmo@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 19 May 2006 11:07:41 +0300, "Diamondas"
> <Diamondas_NOSPAM_@takas.lt> wrote:
>
>>I see that something is wrong, but how i can correct this ? Or if folders is migrated from 5.5 
>>this
>>is impossible to change something ?
>
> Any new public folder you create in Exchange 200x native mode should
> not be mail-enabled by default. If they are , then I would call PSS
> because either you are not truly in native mode, or something is
> broken.
>
>>
>>"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
>>news:tbso62169ig0vulpv1qhgncbnaiiajpnev@4ax.com...
>>> On Thu, 18 May 2006 10:49:25 +0300, "Diamondas"
>>> <Diamondas_NOSPAM_@takas.lt> wrote:
>>>
>>>>Hello,
>>>>
>>>> Environment :  Server Exchange 2003 SP2 - Operation mode: Native Mode (no pre-Exchange 2000
>>>>servers).
>>>>
>>>>When i create new public folders it by default is mail enabled - how i can disable this 
>>>>feature -
>>>>i
>>>>need that new created folders don't have e-mails by default.
>>>>
>>>>If i look in :
>>>>http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3AdminGuide/e9545541-ee66-415c-b5ba-b977d8a6b714.mspx?mfr=true
>>>>
>>>>"Folders created in native-mode Exchange Server 2003 must be mail-enabled manually." But -
>>>>"Folders
>>>>that you migrate from Exchange 5.5 are mail-enabled by default." - I think that is possibility
>>>>that
>>>>some of root folders are migrated from 5.5 to 2000 and after that to 2003. Is there posibility 
>>>>to
>>>>manualy change that settings - disable automatic mail enabling for that public folders ?
>>>>
>>>>Thanks for Yours anwers.
>>>>
>>>
>>> If you are in native mode, then they should not be mail-enabled by
>>> default.
>>>
>>> If they are, then you have got something weird going on.
>>>
>> 


0
5/22/2006 8:56:19 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Disable BU
A really quick one for you. If I disable a BU in MSCRM, does the corresponding OU in Active Directory become disabled? I think the answer probably 'No' as I actually cannot find a way to disable the OU manually and therefore cannot check, but if anyone has a definitive answer I would be grateful. Regards Peter John - thanks for your help. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >No, disabling BU in CRM will not disable corresponding OU in the AD, just like dissabling CRM user in CRM will not siable the corrsponding user in AD. > >"Pete" wrote: > &...

automatically deletion of lines
Hi there, I want to paste tabular data into excel and automatically delete all rows not starting with a specific text in col A from the just pasted text (it will be fine to delete the lines from the whole sheet, since there will be nothing else on it). It should trigger upon pasting into that particular sheet. Unfortunately I know squat about vb-programming, so I would very much appreciate a step-by-step instruction of where to put any provided code. Thanks Knud ...

Cannot get incoming e-mail
All my accounts setup on outlook do not work, for incoming e-mail. However, I am able to send out going, any help would be appreciated. This is the error message I get An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'pop.registeredsite.com', Server: 'pop.registeredsite.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800C0133 Raj, I guess its you inbox.dbx file that nis corrupted.Renaming it woul be the best options but then you would loose all your mail in you inbox folder. I suggest you copy your mail from your inbox folder to a new folde in outlook.The...

Help me identify my missing permission (Cannot open public folder) -2147217843 (Maybe Authentication Fails?)
The following snippet of code throws an error number -2147217843. When I googled this error code, I see many references to authentication failed. I am assuming my problem is some kind of permission related problem on the "MyNewFolder" public folder. -- start code --- Dim objFolder As New CDO.Folder Dim f As ADODB.Field 'sURL is like: file://./backofficestorage/mydomain.com/Public Folders/MyNewFolder/ objFolder.DataSource.Open sURL, , adModeReadWrite, adFailIfNotExists --- end code -- I have code that runs before this that actually creates the "MyNewFolder" publ...

how can disable service with bat file
Hi, Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. What service? "Vijay" wrote: > Hi, > > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. That's funny ... weren't we just talking about Permissions? :-) Anyway, the command to control a Windows Service (enable, start, stop, disable, etc) is SC.EXE. Run SC /? at a command prompt to see the syntax. Put the necessary SC command in a batch file, and you are all set. Hope it helps, Andrew -- amclar at ...

I want to set Outlook to automatically send read receipts to a fol
I want Read Receipts to drop automatically into a Read Receipt folder. I see where you can send emails from particular persons to a folder, but not any Read Receipt from anyone. Normally receipts process on the sent item and are moved or deleted. See tools, options, email options, tracking. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:...

how do i delete archive folders when the pst file is missing
We recently updated to a mocrosoft exchange server and several of my pst files were somehow lost. I am resigned to missing the info but now I have all the archive folders listed on my navigation pane and no way to delete them. Any suggestions? duchenej <duchenej@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We recently updated to a mocrosoft exchange server and several of my > pst files were somehow lost. I am resigned to missing the info but > now I have all the archive folders listed on my navigation pane and > no way to delete them. Any suggestions? If right-click>Close won...

Print Preview "Prev Page" but is always disabled
Hello, I have created an MFC application and have added Printing and Print Preview capability. The only problem i have is that the Prev Page button on the Print Preview toolbar is always disabled. The "Two Pages" button and "Next Page" are enabled and work correctly. I am setting the CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage() and CPrintInfo::SetMinPage() and CPrintInfo::m_nCurPage values in OnPreparePrinting() but this doesnt seem to make a difference. Is their anything else that i can try which will enable this button? Thanks Andy ...

disable macro warning
I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - how do I turn off this warning screen upon entering system when I have no macros in the worksheet? You need to remove the module that contained the macro. Press ALT+F11, go to View > Project Explorer (if needed), right-click on the module(s), and remove it. Save. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter >system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - >how do I turn off this warnin...

Outlook 2000 & Yahoo e mail account
Hi I set up the new mail account using instructions from the Yahoo help. I am able to send and receive e mails from my Yahoo account however when I tried the test accounts settings in Outlook 2000 I get this error message ... unable to send test message please verify the e mail address field Any idea why this is happening? the address field shows my correct yahoo e mail Thanks Gerardo ...

Junk Mail Folder size
Is there a way to scan a users mailbox and show details of the junk mail folder. I am looking for a way to create a report that will show me the John Doe has 200 items in his junk mail folder and it is currently 3mb in size. I would also like to use this on other folders as well. (ie sent folder) Thanks in advance Any way? You could write a program. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "faf1967" <faf1967@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D9DB97C-D543-4685-8BB5-042DE58A0CDD@microsoft.com... > Is t...

Automatic personalized reply
I'm using Outlook 2007 and I need to send a personalised automatic reply to emails that I receive from people who are not in my contact list. Specifically I want to send a standard email and insert the person's first name at the start as follows - "Hi (insert first name) .... The rest of my reply is text with a picture in the middle of it. The email I'm replying to is always the same format, ie User Information: Region Selected QLD - Brisbane Requesting information on Bomboniere User Information: Name ...

IMAP mail with Outlook 2002
I am having three separate difficulties with using IMAP mail with Outlook 2002, sp-2 I have three *.pst data files; One for archiving, one for the IMAP and one as a local account. The problem is between the local PST data file (personal folder) and the IMAP PST data file. Maybe I should somehow have the inbox in my personal folder be a IMAP, but I don't think that is possible Here are the three problems: 1.> Sent Items do not go into the IMAP "sent items" folder, they go into the local outlook data file folder's "sent items" I can not find a settin...

Disable sending Email
In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able to send out email untill permitted. Thanks On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:01:03 -0800, "SI" <SI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from >sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able >to send out email untill permitted. > >Thanks You can do this on Internet mail by setting the Delivery Restriction on the IMS to deny mail...

Automatically go Offline?
When our Sales Reps are at the office and are synchronizing the Outlook Client (going online) at the start of the working day, some times they forget to go offline again at the end of the day. Result: The Outlook client cannot be used when working in the field (message: access denied, cannot find server). Is there a way to automaically go offline, when closing Outlook? Would be great if anyone could help. Damon. I'm afraid there is no supported way to do this int he current app. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- -------------------------------...

Exchange 5.5 user problem: not receiving mail until sending mail
Hi - One (only one) user does not receive internal mail from a different site until he sends mail to that site (both servers Exchange 5.5, client is Windows XP w/ Outlook 2000 SP3), then he gets whatever is waiting for him in the queue all at once. Does not seem to happen when sending to the outside, only on internal servers--and it's only one user? Weird. Any ideas on how to resolve this issue or what is going on? Thanks! bhr The new mail notification uses UDP - it's likely that this is being blocked on the workstation itself by the built-in firewall after applying SP1 for XP. He...

SMTP being disabled
HI Exchange 2003 / Server 2003 I'm just having a world of problems with Exchange all of a sudden... It's been up and running about 2 months but all of a sudden it's going nuts... The SMTP service is being stopped and set to disabled. This is happening each morning around 1 AM. The only thing I can find in the event logs is event 7035 - The SMTP service was successfully sent a stop control and then Event 7040 - The start type of SMTP service was changed from auto start to disabled For the life of me, I can't find what is originating these commands.... I thought maybe t...

How to get mails stored in previous installation on original hard disk?
My Windows Me died. I installed new harddisk as primary and made the original hard disk secondary drive. I reinstalled Windows Me through rescue disk. Everything works fine other than ... Because my outlook express and IE6 installations were lost,I lost all stored mail and bookmarks. I can access my D:/Windows/Application Data/Identity/<>/Outlook Express/*.dbx - with all the folder names of past. How can I make my new outlook "adopt" those folders? I tried copying them over C: drive at appropriate place but did not work :-( Where is similar data for IE stored? How can I d...

Problems opening public folder items
I have a couple of users, recently migrated to Exchange 2003 (still mixed mode environment), who cannot open items that have been mailed to public folders. Items that have been posted to the folders open without a problem. In preview mode the first few lines of the posting are visible, but preview pane shows nothing. All public folders are replicated to the Exchange 2003 server. Client upgrades have made no difference (one now on Outlook 2003, one on XP). All other migrated users are fine. Exchange 2003 SP1 on W2k3. Any help gratefully received. ...

Disable Cached Mode
Hi all! Is there any way to disable Cached Mode (CM) on Exchange 2003? Sure, I can do it with GPO, but some computers can be out of scope of this GPO and then they will be able to turn on the CM in their Offce 2003. But CM is critical security risk and I have to disable it. At http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010000781033.aspx?Product=out2003 I can read: "Exchange server administrators have the ability to disable this feature in Outlook. For more information, contact your Exchange server administrator. Additional information for administrators is available in the Mi...

why is publisher automatically opening my word documents??
When I click on a Word document, it automatically opens in Publisher. What's up with that? Sounds like your file associations got screwed up. How to change file associations in Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307859 -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Jeff Rudolph" <Jeff Rudolph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F29CA0F-1CA9-4686-BA9A-8005841890F1@microsoft.com... > When I click on a Word document, it automatically opens in Publisher. > > What's u...

Excel, how to send to mulitple e-mails
I have an excel spreadsheet for tracking names, phone #'s and e-mails and I want to be able to capture all of the e- mails and send out stuff without having to copy and paste each e-mail individually (looking for shortcut). Any help would be appreicated. Thanks. John Hi John Look here http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm see the Tips pages for using addresses in cells -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:986101c49741$14336f00$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I have an excel spreadsheet for trac...

Inserting multiple now-times automatically
Hi, I have got an instrument that produces ASCII-data linked to an Exce spreadsheet via serial communication. Every time that my instrumen sends a string of data, I want excel to generate a date and time stamp The data I sent is spread over 2 colums. I've tried this formula in the third colum : IF(A1<>B1,NOW(),"") It worked, BUT Every time I enter a new row of date, it updates all the dates an times, and not just the one in that row. What should I change?? Thanks in advance for helping me out -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com hi, the now() function alwa...

Enable/Disable Macro Pop-Up
In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? See Help, macro setting Change macro security settings in Excel juamig wrote: > In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office > document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity > to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? > Right, someone else told me the...

Full mailboxes ens up with lost mails
Im helping a small company with SBS 2003 and there mailbosex exceded the storage limit and now the mails sent after that is lost, how can i recover those lost mails please help me its really urgent Roger wrote: > Im helping a small company with SBS 2003 and there mailbosex exceded > the storage limit and now the mails sent after that is lost, how can > i recover those lost mails please help me its really urgent Mailboxes where - on the Exchange server? On the ISP's server in POP mailboxes? If you're using the SBS POP connector, best to post in m.p.windows.server.sbs. ...