How to determine current service pack version

I want to upgrade to the lastest service pack for Exchange 2000, but I don't know where to find this out.  I have looked throughout the System Manager, but I don't see where this is listed

Thank

Greg
0
anonymous (74725)

Find the server in ESM, right click on it, and it should tell you in the
General tab.

Greg wrote:
> I want to upgrade to the lastest service pack for Exchange 2000, but
> I don't know where to find this out.  I have looked throughout the
> System Manager, but I don't see where this is listed.
>
> Thank,
>
> Greg

0
lanwench (7566)
2/12/2004 3:21:49 PM
Highlight the "Servers" object in the Exchange System Manager, in the right
pane you will see the server under name, next to that will be the "Server
Version".

Thanks,
Fitz Crittle

Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup

"Greg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to upgrade to the lastest service pack for Exchange 2000, but I
don't know where to find this out.  I have looked throughout the System
Manager, but I don't see where this is listed.

> Thank,
>
> Greg

0
fitzcrit (97)

determine mail flow problem!!!!!!!!
Help! :-( Our mailflow from 2 backend 2003 exchange servers keeps queuing up in the outbound queue (which is set to always run delivery). Messages stay in there from 10 to 120 minutes before being sent to our gateway MTA and then sent off site (to hotmail.com for example). However when I telnet from a backend server to the gateway over port 25 and send a test message it goes right away. I can't for the life of me figure out why. One example when viewed in message tracking history says: 10:16am - smtp: store driver, message submitted from store 10:16am - smtp: message submitted to ...

Deletion Service in 3.0
Hi; Anyone know what the deletion service is really doing? I thought I knew what it was doing, which is deleting records that had been marked for deletion in the CRM. It runs every 2 hours and tonight I ran a SQL Profiler trace on it. It issued ~850 delete statements against my database, approximately 500 of which where against the activitypointerbase table. The whole thing ran in 2 seconds so I guess I should be thankful that it's efficient. So the service ran at 8:18pm and then again at 10:18pm (the latter being the one I traced) just like clockwork. I can guarantee that no...

Money 2007 Online Services Policy
Been using Money 07 Deluxe for a few months successfully. Suddenly, a " Money 2007 Online Services Policy" statement appearing. Upon accepting, an error message appears, "money unable to load the registration library (dll)". Tried all the easy stuff like disabling firewall, etc.. Any ideas?? In microsoft.public.money, gunthed@keysafetyinc.com wrote: >Been using Money 07 Deluxe for a few months successfully. Suddenly, a >" Money 2007 Online Services Policy" statement appearing. Upon >accepting, an error message appears, "money unable to load ...

notify me when current user is done
An Excel file used to display a message "notify me when current user is done" when the second user tried to open it . It no longer gives that message but says (paraphrased) 'you can only open a read-only version of the file.' Is this a usage problem with excel (an option in excel) or is this an operating system problem? (the way a folder is sharded) I looked at the Q article for sharing between diffent versions but that is no help. It does not tell me how to regain the message, "notify me when current user is done" Best, Tom ...

Limit subform record source based on current tab
I have a form/subform based on related tables (one-to-many). The main form has a tab control. I would like to filter the subform record source based on the selected tab. Since the tabs themselves don't have useful Click events, I have used the Got Focus event of the first control in the tab order to set the subform record source. There is a function to extract the tab's caption: Public Function TabCapt(frm As Form) As String Dim lngIndex As Long ' PageIndex property lngIndex = frm.tabCAR.Value TabCapt = frm.tabCAR.Pages.Item(lngIndex).Caption 'Caption of cur...

Determine columns used
I have 100+ spreadsheets which i have to edit into a certain format. The spreadsheets currently have 100 columns (from 1-100). From there i have to reduce the number of columns set to 8 columns. E.g: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 (from column 9 onwards, it goes to the 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 next rows' column 1) 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 How do i do that without altering the order of the value of the cell? Let me make sure we understand the question. You have ...

Print current slide while in fullscreen without macro?
Hi I do a presentation for a large company. They have their PowerPoint settings on NOT allowing macros. Is there any way that I can print a slide in fullscreen mode without pressing ESC? Any short commands perhaps? Ctrl + P didn't work. I work in PPT 2007. Thanx! In article <AE2AD94B-A6FC-4002-85DA-2759A456C324@microsoft.com>, Eva S wrote: > Hi > > I do a presentation for a large company. They have their PowerPoint settings > on NOT allowing macros. Is there any way that I can print a slide in > fullscreen mode without pressing ESC? Any short c...

Unable to install Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack Service Pack
Error Found: Code 490. Windows Update encountered an unknown error. -- Need Help. What does the Office compatibility pack have to do with Windows Mail? -- -- "Lim" <lim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAFCDC83-E22A-4A65-968F-4C50CA6A6FFE@microsoft.com... > Error Found: Code 490. Windows Update encountered an unknown error. > -- > Need Help. The newsgroup to which you posted is dedicated to supporting the=20 Windows Mail program. You will get more help by posting that question in the Windows Update = newsgroup: http://www...

Current Issues Article Archive
A growing archive of fascinating media articles on current issues & affairs. Available at Arcis Foundation Website: www.arcis.co.uk/php/ -- Posted by News Bulk Poster Unregistered version ...

mscrm 4.0 web service upgrade(2006 to 2007): What is the counterpart of EntityMetadata.ReferencesTo(2006) in 2007 metaSDk
Hi, We are doing an upgrade to MSCRM 4.0, part of the upgrade is to point to 2007 Web Services of MSCRM. I have converted the other differences but stopped in a part where i found no counterpart property in 2007. The Property in MSCRM 2006 Web Service is: EntityMetadata.ReferencesTo RelationshipMetadata.ReferencingEntity RelationshipMetadata.ReferencedAttribute Please help.. Thanks a lot, ces ...

Excel compatibiliy with newer version
I have Office 2000 and I understand there is a patch you can download where you can open files from newer versions of Excel. I can't seem to find anything like that on the MSOffice downloads. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks and God Bless!! -- Sabrena Vick This? Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint File Formats http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=941b3470-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466&displaylang=en ...

"Outlook is not currently your default"
Whenever I start my computer and then start Outlook, I get the "Outlook is not currently your default" message. If I go to my Internet options, it already shows up as the default. Once I set it, I'm fine until I restart Windows XP. If I look at my Internet options, it shows that Microsoft Office Outlook is my default, but if I look at the list of email clients in the drop down, Outlook is listed twice. If I do NOT click Yes when I get the prompt, but click on a mailto: to bring up my default email, I still get Outlook. What is going on, and how do I fix it, aside from just unc...

Some exchange services do not start on system startup
Hi I have exchange 2003 running on Win2003 Server, which is DC and GC. The problem is that exchange services MTA and Information store do not start automatic while starting windows. Log Event Type: Error Event Source: Service Control Manager Event Category: None Event ID: 7001 Date: 26.07.2005 Time: 17:38:10 User: N/A Computer: COMMUNICATOR Description: The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service depends on the Microsoft Exchange System Attendant service which failed to start because of the following error: The operation completed successfully. But when I log on, I can manually star...

Dynamically determining when a month ends
Hello all, Ok, I have a simple excel spreadsheet, where I keep track of my spending on one tab, my income in another and my summary in a thrid. My problem happens when I try to dynamically calc. avg's for months in the summary page. For instance, if I want to see how much money I spent on average per month, or even per day, I draw from the data entered into the spending page. Now, the spending page is set up with the following columns: Date:: Description:: Amount The problem with this is that I can't predefine a max row # for each month, since I might have 80 entries in spending...

converted older version
I have updated a database from an older version of access and am recieving a "This recordset is not updateable" message when I'm trying to chage a record..How can I make all my records capable of being updated? See: Why is my query read-only? at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-61.html for a list of possible reasons. It might be as simple as a missing index on the ONE side of a join. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "66motors...

Color Code report
Hi, I am working on a customize report. The datasource for the report is filled by code. I am wondering if it's possible for me to highlight rows with if one field of current record is different from the previous record. The report is currently sorted in a specific order. Thanks for help! You can do this with code in the report's events. 1. Declare a variable in the General Declarations section of the report's module (at the top, with the option statements.) 2. In the Print event procedure of the (Detail?) section, store the current record's value to the variable. 3....

Recipient Update Service #11
We have a Windows 2000 domain which has 2 domain controllers each of them is a global catalog and there is 1 Exchange 2000 server. Anytime that we reboot the DCs and the Exchange server, there is a problem when we create new mailboxes. When we open the mailbox in Outlook, it says that it cannot connect to the server; existing mailboxes are OK. So, we have to go the Exchange System Manager and change the domain controller that both the Recipient Update Service (Enterprise) and Recipient Update Service (Domain) uses. After changing, new mailboxes can logon. Has anyone encountered this...

how to determine the size of the sheet
Hi I had a collegue who told me once a way to dtermine the number of the rows in a sheet of the workbook I am working at. It is known that when you open a new workbook each sheet has maybe 65365 or something like that rows. MY QUESTION IS: HOW TO MAKE THE SHEET 1000 ROWS OR WHATEVER NUMBERS OF ROWS I ONLY NEED? Thanks in Advance, Ahmed Hi Ahmed The number of rows and columns are fixed. Your workaround would be to hide the ones you consider unneeded. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Ahmed SHEBL" <ahmad.shebl@hotmail.com> skrev i melding news:%231uFO3IcHHA.4720@TK2MSFTNGP0...

variable for current owner? (want to use to create new "My" view)
I want to create a new view which is just like "My Active Contacts" but with an additional filter criteria. I want the results to vary by user. So instead of creating separate views for each user (Tom's Active Contacts in MA), it would change itself per user and the new view would be "My Active Contacts in MA". The results would be all active contacts in MA who are owned by the current user. How do I specify to use the current user in the Filter criteria? All help much appreciated! -Sarah In the View editing window (Settings > System Customization > Con...

Service Pack 4 and Extender
I recently bought MS GP Extender in anticipation of the extra functionality promised with service pack 4. I have Extender loaded on a test server, but haven't done much with it yet. My question is, would it be best to install Extender on my production environment even though I don't have any Extender objects created, or should I install it after applying SP4? Thanks, DavidF. First Extender, then the Service Pack. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblo...

windows version of xcopy
Hi, Sorry to post this question here (since it's my most often used news group). Do you guys know any Windows tool that copies files/directories using a customizable filter? That is, it allows us to specifies what types of files to be included (or excluded) during copying? Or you know any news groups to post this question? Thanks for any help. Tony SHFileOperation. joe On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 20:40:14 -0800, JD <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Sorry to post this question here (since it's my most often used news >group). Do you guys know any Windows t...

How do I determine
I have X number of rows that show employee names and a column (A2) that lists the value of products sold by each employee and I want to pay them a percentage based upon value of sales. For example: If they sell up to =A31,000 worth of products, I will pay them 3% of the value. Between =A31,000 & =A32,000, I will pay them 5% of the value Over =A32,000, I will pay them 10% of the value The amount paid to them in commission will be show in column (A3). Many thanks D.Haste darren.haste@ttt.co.uk "Hastey" <darrenhaste@sky.com> wrote in message news:6a0a4fa9-adcd-484a-80...

Menu items added with menu item editor in older versions
Hi! Years ago I created a worksheet with macros that could be run through some extra menu items in the data menu. My customer upgraded to Excel 2000 and now the macro to be run cannot be found because "Module3." must be added to the macro call. Unfortunately the menu editor I used when I created the worksheet is not available any more. Where can I find (and change) the menu entry? Thanks in advance, Michael. Michael, This question was raised a few days back, in this thread http://tinyurl.com/5de3e. Windsurfer LA seemed to have a solution, which you could try him for. -- HTH...

Question regarding SCardGetStatusChange when called from a service
Hi, I am trying to use SCardGetStatusChange API in a system service and am facing problems as the function returns 0x00000006. When I call this function in a console application or Winlogon's Notify dll it works fine but as a service I have this problem. Is there something I need to do when SCardGetStatusChange is called in a service? Thanks for the help. Regards, Santosh ...

Error in adding Business Portal user 2.5 with Feature Pack
When i add new user in business portal the ff. error message display below. "User cannot be added because it is an invalid domain user" I have check the user id in the domain and it is valid. What cause this error below eventhough the userid is valid Mike, Ron, If you are a microsoft partner, You can also post your question in Dynamics GP Partner forum that might help you receive suggestions from others also http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnerdynamicsgp/threads Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP "mike" wrote: > When i add new user in business portal th...