how to deniy a senders adress in exchange 2003

We keep getting spam mail of one e-mail adress for example
heinz.loeffler@t-online.de

in the global settings mail delivery I allready blocked the sender but his
mails keep coming trough to the mailbox we created.

please advise me what to do
thanks in advance.
vancoillie Jurgen

R u using Intelligent_Message_Filter for exchange 2003????

"jurgen vancoilie" wrote:

> We keep getting spam mail of one e-mail adress for example
> heinz.loeffler@t-online.de
>
> in the global settings mail delivery I allready blocked the sender but his
> mails keep coming trough to the mailbox we created.
>
> please advise me what to do
> thanks in advance.
> vancoillie Jurgen
0
Padman (11)
8/26/2005 4:01:34 AM
How did you block it?
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Padman" <Padman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>R u using Intelligent_Message_Filter for exchange 2003????
>
> "jurgen vancoilie" wrote:
>
>> We keep getting spam mail of one e-mail adress for example
>> heinz.loeffler@t-online.de
>>
>> in the global settings mail delivery I allready blocked the sender but
>> his
>> mails keep coming trough to the mailbox we created.
>>
>> please advise me what to do
>> thanks in advance.
>> vancoillie Jurgen

0
curspice6401 (3487)
8/26/2005 6:42:12 AM
we blocked it in the global settings of exchange.
message delivery
sender filtering
and added the e-mail adress.

regards
jurgen

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:

> How did you block it?
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "Padman" <Padman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >R u using Intelligent_Message_Filter for exchange 2003????
> >
> > "jurgen vancoilie" wrote:
> >
> >> We keep getting spam mail of one e-mail adress for example
> >> heinz.loeffler@t-online.de
> >>
> >> in the global settings mail delivery I allready blocked the sender but
> >> his
> >> mails keep coming trough to the mailbox we created.
> >>
> >> please advise me what to do
> >> thanks in advance.
> >> vancoillie Jurgen

Please understand that this feature is of limited value because so much in
SMTP can be forged.  I suggest that if this kind of thing is a problem that
you implement IMF or some other antispam filtering solution.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"jurgen vancoilie" <jurgenvancoilie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:C78495EB-55C5-4438-B5D9-0D2058E48607@microsoft.com...
> we blocked it in the global settings of exchange.
> message delivery
> sender filtering
> and added the e-mail adress.
>
> regards
> jurgen
>
> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> How did you block it?
>> --
>> Ed Crowley
>> MVP - Exchange
>>
>> "Padman" <Padman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >R u using Intelligent_Message_Filter for exchange 2003????

0
curspice6401 (3487)
8/26/2005 4:31:28 PM
"jurgen vancoilie" <jurgenvancoilie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>we blocked it in the global settings of exchange.
>message delivery
>sender filtering
>and added the e-mail adress.

From where did you get the address? Not from the "From:" header of the
message! You'll have to find the "MAIL FROM:" command used by the
other SMTP server when it submitted the message for delivery. It's the
"MAIL FROM:" command's address that's used when Exchange is instructed
to block an address.

While the "From:" and "MAIL FROM:" may be the same they often aren't.
The Internet's not a secure place.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

how to deniy a senders adress in exchange 2003
We keep getting spam mail of one e-mail adress for example heinz.loeffler@t-online.de in the global settings mail delivery I allready blocked the sender but his mails keep coming trough to the mailbox we created. please advise me what to do thanks in advance. vancoillie Jurgen R u using Intelligent_Message_Filter for exchange 2003???? "jurgen vancoilie" wrote: > We keep getting spam mail of one e-mail adress for example > heinz.loeffler@t-online.de > > in the global settings mail delivery I allready blocked the sender but his > mails keep coming trough to the...

POP3 Problem with Exchange 2000
Hi folks I am really hoping someone can help me out here I am running a windows 2000 server with exchange 2000. The server is partitioned as follows; C:\ 5.13GB, D:\ Exchange 49.2, E:\ 49.7, 32.2GB unallocated. I had the AV originally on C:\ but moved it to E:\ this morning. There is also a plug-in for exchange installed as part of the AV suite. Users can send ok, the problem is in receiving email. I looked at ESM and in POP3 current connections it shows a list of users trying to send email If I reboot the server, everything is fine for a while and then the problem recurs. There doesnt...

OL 2003 reminders
in outlook 2000 (not on exchange), when the reminder was minimised it stayed minimised, however in OL2003 on exchange when minimised it behaves like it was 'snoozed' and pops up again in the allotted time. Is there a way to make it stay minimised, and not dismissed? THanks ...

CRM on SBS 2003 DISASTROUS ** DO NOT ATTEMPT **
USERS BEWARE After downloading the CRM from the MSDN Universal subscribers site and attempting to install it 6 times, I have finally given up, after discovering that it does not work as advertised on SBS 2003. In fact it does not even install. In fact... worse than that it blows away a lot of SBS configuration files for sharepoint etc etc. Question: Why does the MSDN download site not say that "This product will not run on SBS 2003"? So, we thought... Maybe the Business Contact Manager will be better for us seeing as the CRM does not yet work on SBS 2003. After installing...

How do you remove Exchange 2003 from an Exchange 5.5 site
Can someone tell me how you remove Exchange 2003 from an Exchange 5.5 site. The Exchange 5.5 server is my bridgehead sever. I do not want to perceed with the 2003 Migration at this time. I will like to know the steps to remove exchange 2003 from 5.5 site. Thanks a bunch. ...

Optimizing Network Traffic for Exchange/Outlook
I have some users in Asia who have their email delivered to a .pst due to storage constraints. Could this be increasing network traffic to the exchange server? If they had their mailbox stored on the server and were using an .ost file, would they see better performance? Is there any way to prevent delivery to a .pst file but still allow users to archive via GPO? "CK" <CK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:830877F9-7528-4029-B098-ADD9F0F4B2BD@microsoft.com... >I have some users in Asia who have their email delivered to a .pst due to > storage ...

senders name
A very simple question, but I can't find the solution. I want to change the name of the sender in our external e-mails. As our logon-names we have John, Jim, Susan, etc. Unfortunately our external e-mails are send by "John" <j.smith@where.com> instead of "John Smith" <j.smith@where.com> I have tried the following: - changed the display name of the mailboxes. The name changes in the adress list but the mail still comes from "John" (even after reboot of outlook) - put last name in with first name in mail boxes; doesn't work, really I see a...

Exchange 2003 System Backup Recommendations??? #2
What is a good strategy for backing up the Exchange System? By system I mean the disks (program files etc) and System State of Exchange. I'm currently backing up the Exchange DB, and mailboxes as well as my Domain Controllers (1 DC daily, the other DC once a week). The Admin before was doing a weekly full system backup and Differentials the rest of the week. The diff's never complete. Is once a week good or are nightly fulls better? Thanks for any info- ...

recovering deleted exchange
This may sound dumb but I couldn't find an article on the Net on how to do this; the problem is that the name of the exchange server under the servers folder of the Exchange System Manager has been deleted (by simply, right click on the server name and click delete). The problem is that I couldn't seem to find a way to put back that server on the System Manager. Is there a way to manually put back the exchange server on the servers folder of the Exchange System Manager? Thanks, --r "Rodney C. Jao" <rodney@e-jao.com> wrote: >This may sound dumb but I co...

Outlook 2003 HTML reverts to Times New Roman
This was probably asked and answered but haven't found anything exactly like my problem so here goes. Mail format set to HTML do not use Word as editior Message composed using Arial 12 point. Select Message convert to plain text Select Message convert to HTML and defaults to TNR Have checked every setting in Word and Outlook and modified every possible setting to use any font other than TNR. Is this fixable? -- MichaelIRS http://forums.slipstick.com ...

Dead Server in Exchange 5.5 #2
Hi Is it possible to remove a dead server from the exchange directory in 5.5 that is in a different site? I have had the suggestion to highlight the server and press delete but this is not available when the server is in another site. Also does simply highlighting and pressing delete fully clean that server from exchange? Thanks Gary You have to connect to a server in the site in question to delete, I believe. If this is the last server in the site, then you should remove the whole site. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324340 -- David Wilhoit Exchange MV...

How to block smtp connection for specific IP adress?
I have a problem with a server on the internet sending repeated messages containing a virus. I want to block this sender by the IP address (as the from address changes for each new mail). I have tried to add the IP address I want to block to GlobalSettings.MessageDelivery.Properties.ConnectionFiltering.DenyList and to Servers.MyServer.Protocols.SMTP.DefaultSMTPVirtualServer.Properties.Access.Connection.Denied and marked "All except the list below" I have restarted the virtual server and I only have one virtual server configured. Despite this the connection is accepted. I hav...

Need Help: outlook 2003 always starts ignoring password
when I start outlook 2003, it always bypass the password I set for PST file. I checked the setting, and am very sure I do not tick the option "save this password in your password list"? Any help is appreciated. Dear, Have you try to recreate a different password - just for a try -- (Please respond to this question Was this post helpful to you?) Hope this helps you more Regards APK "John Kerry" wrote: > when I start outlook 2003, it always bypass the password I set for PST file. > I checked the setting, and am very sure I do not tick the option "save ...

Add Sender To Blocked Senders List
I am getting inundated with e-mail spam and when I select "Add Sender To Blocked Senders List" so that mail gets sent to my Junk E-Mail Folder it appears that it is ignored and I keep getting the same spam directed to my Inbox. Anyone have a way to make this work? Patrick I don't use WLM but I have some advice for you. Stop using your real email address when you post to a newsgroup and you will reduce the number of spam emails you receive....Maybe. I say "Maybe" because it might be too late due to your address already being on numerous spam lists...

Exchange rates
one of my checkbooks requires a rate to be inserted when capturing transfers. Exhange rates are not required and hence have not been setup. the other chequebooks are working fine without requiring the exchange rate. How do I stop this other chequebook from requiring an exchange rate to be inserted. Is multicurrency registered? If you look on the checkbook maintenance window does a currency ID exist in the field under the Description field? "Oteng" wrote: > one of my checkbooks requires a rate to be inserted when capturing transfers. > Exhange rates are not required and ...

Outlook 2003: Where is the PST file located?
My Windows XP is hosed and I have to re-install everything. I would like to get my Outlook folders off of the hard drive before I reformat it. I looked for .pst and .pab files, but did not find any. Where are these files located in this version of Outlook and what file names should I be looking for? Make sure you include hidden and system files and folders when searching for pst-file. By default it is located in C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\ You can also locate the file by using Rightclick the root folder (probably Outlook T...

Exchange 5.5 Security...
Is there any way to produce a list from Exchange 5.5 Admin of all users with "Send on Behalf of" permissions Please let me know!!! "Tony Ashby" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there any way to produce a list from Exchange 5.5 Admin of all users with "Send on Behalf of" permissions? i don't have any more 5.5 servers to verify this, but the "send on behalf of" should be enabled be the presence of distinguished names in the maibox's 'public delegates' property. using directory ecport should get you what you need...

Outlook 2003 corrupted pst file
Running Outlook 2003 plus SP1 on XP 2003 w/SP2 My pst file is 233,536 Kb in size. I have run Inbox Repair Tool repeatedly. It indicates that I have no errors. I have two indications that there are problems. 1) There is a message stuck in my Unread Mail box. I can not delete it. It says that it may already have been deleted or moved. 2) I can no longer add, modify, or delete any contact information. Clicking on any contact crashes Outlook. I can create an email and add an address from Word but that is it. I really feel that if I could just export all my folders to a new pst file ...

E-mails from a senders in my Block Senders List
I've added a particular sender's e-mail address or Internet domain- name to my Blocked Senders List (see examples below) but e-mails from that sender continue going to the In Box instead of being sent to the Junk E-Mail box.. How do I block ALL e-mails sent from a particular sender? I've added these variations to the Blocked Senders List: googlealerts-noreply@google.com @google.com google.com 1. its easier to disable the alert. 2. is the address they are sent to on the safe list or in a trusted address book? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outloo...

Exchange 2003 Deletion Settings
I'm running Exchange 2003 SP1 and my private store is right at 16GB and I've instructed the users over the last few days to remove or delete any items that they do not need. I did run an offline defrag last night, but I noticed that my database did not drop any in size. I have just modified the "Keep Deleted Items" setting on the Limits tab of System Manager to 0 days from the 30 that was previously there. How can I force this to take place or will the nightly maintenace interval handle this matter tonight at 1 am? Mailbox management is not enabled, but I really do...

Microsoft Exchange Server #4
I need help. Everytime a send an email in Outlook, a window pops up with "Request for data from Microsoft Exchange Server". It takes 1-2 minutes for the request to run out. If I cancel the request, I have to restart outlook and it just starts over again everytime I send an email. Does anyone have suggestions on how to prevent this from occuring? Are you using an Exchange server? What version of Outlook? What SP = level is Offiice/Outlook? --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, Randy a...

Exchange Interface
I need to interface to Exchange directly. I have a windows service that needs to interface to an object that can: - Connect to a dedicated user Exchange mailbox specifically setup for the service. - Retrieve a list of messages within that mailbox - Download an individual message - Remove an individual message - Disconnect from the Exchange mailbox - Do all of the above from a remote machine This must be done in .NET using native code. Does any know where to find documentation on an API into Exchange? Thanks bbutell@sasquatch-eng.com wrote: >I need to interface to Exchange direc...

Outlook 2003 blocking "unsafe" attachments.
Hey, We're running outlook 2003 at a client site and its blocking internal emailing of Access database files (.mdb). In past versions of outlook you could just set the security to none and it was ok to send those attachments considered unsafe, but outlook 2003 seems to be built like this by design and has no opetion to turn it off other than using a Security Template with ORK along with the Exchange server. Does anyone have any other EASIER ways going around this other than those mentioned above?? Thanks. Rename the file extension to .txt and send it. Include instructions in t...

use web exchange email with outlook express
I'm trying to figure out how to configure my Outlook Express email account settings so that I can receive Microsoft Exchange internet-based email through my regular email account. Any suggestions? It used to work through POP but now it doesn't. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > I'm trying to figure out how to configure my Outlook > Express email account settings so that I can receive > Microsoft Exchange internet-based email through my regular > email account. Any suggestions? It used to work through > POP but now it doesn't. Ask your Exchange ad...

Exchange 2003
I have recently applied the 7137.1 service pack upgrade to Exchange 2003. I'm now getting in a state where the Information Store doe down... error attached below. beign event log ========================== The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error: The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Either there are network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down for maintenance. The MAPI provider failed. Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ID no: 8004011d-0526-00000000 ========================== end event log ANY IDEAS as ...