How to delete user mailbox

Since I no longer have 5.5 installed (up'd to 2K) I had a
friend ask how to delete a user mailbox and cannot for
the life of me remember the interface for 5.5 and how to
do that.

Can someone give me the step by step to delete a mailbox
cleanly?

Thx
0
anonymous (74722)

select the mailbox in the Exchange Admin program and hit the delete key...

"aaa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Since I no longer have 5.5 installed (up'd to 2K) I had a
> friend ask how to delete a user mailbox and cannot for
> the life of me remember the interface for 5.5 and how to
> do that.
>
> Can someone give me the step by step to delete a mailbox
> cleanly?
>
> Thx

0
susan7353 (1225)

How to delete or permantly change logo in personal settings
When I was just learnng how to do publisher I created a logo and Iwant to change it in the permanant settings for the personal information. I cannot delete it or edit it. Also on the other 3 settings for secondary, home etc. it does not alowany logo at all. Anyone know? Locate the following files and delete them: Primary Business - biz1logo.jsp Secondary Business - biz2logo.jsp Other Organization - Orglogo.jsp Home/Family - Perslogo.jsp -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no ...

User can not acces from home the EXchange server
Currently we allow our users to access there email VIA the web using http:yayaya.com/exchange. however one of my user's is unable to log in this way. On-site using outlook he has no problem but when he try's entering his login name and password via the web he gets a message saying username and password are incorrect. For some reason it will not validate his information. Can someone please point me in the right direction. Thanks ...

Allow a user to log on as a service as well as a user
I'm doing a blackberry enterprise install and need to allow the admin user for the berry install to log on a service as well. How do i configure the user this way? He is already configured as a admin user. -- Trinidad You configure this (usually) under the Local Security Policy in User Rights. -- Jim McBee Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com Directory Update - http://www.directory-update.com "nigel" <nigel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0202604E-5164-453F-B16C-FE7F97543FD4@microsoft.com... > I'm doing a blackberry enterprise install...

infratructure for 2500 users CRM
I am a Microsoft Partener from Romania and I would like to know how many CRM Servers is necesary for 2500 users. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ae96447d...

Delete partial string
Hello! I have a column with strin in cells 26-02-2004 09:27 jhfkfhg fhgfjfg 26-02-2004 10:28 ewqteter rerewewtrre I know delete date/hour group with Replace, but I need inverse. Preserv date/hour group and delete only alfanumeric string. Is possible in Excel? Thanks in advance. an Hi one way (if your data is always structured as below) - add a helper column (lets say B) - insert the following formula in B1 (if column A stores your data): =LEFT(A1,FIND(":",A1)+2) copy down - now you can copy this row and insert it again with 'Paste Special - Values' -- Regards Frank K...

Listing Activesynce users
Is there a way to list the users who are actually using Activesync? I can get a list of all the devices but have not run across a method of seeing if they are actually sending and reciveing mail. Thanks. Jeff In news:Oi0wwKTaGHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl, Jeff Senter <jsenter@erols.com> typed: > Is there a way to list the users who are actually using Activesync? I > can get a list of all the devices but have not run across a method of > seeing if they are actually sending and reciveing mail. > > Thanks. > > Jeff Check out http://www.microsoft.com/downloads...

deleted document
I have deleted an important document and need to retrieve it. The document deleted was on our server and I don't know how to find it and restore it. Contact your IT staff and ask them to restore it from the last backup. But try to find out what share it was on (and folder and filename). It might mean a quicker response. dcalhoun wrote: > > I have deleted an important document and need to retrieve it. The document > deleted was on our server and I don't know how to find it and restore it. -- Dave Peterson Hope your network administrator does regular backups (like da...

Getting back a deleted test frame after saving the changes
My son just deleted a text frame with all his work and started a new text frame and then when asked if he wanted to save his work he clicked yes. Is there any way to retrieve that missing text frame when it won't allow you to undo? On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 16:04:01 +0100, Denise wrote (in article <09056FDE-03FC-4988-8AB0-D1EA0896BFC7@microsoft.com>): > My son just deleted a text frame with all his work and started a new text > frame and then when asked if he wanted to save his work he clicked yes. Is > there any way to retrieve that missing text frame when it won't a...

Deleting Blank lines with VBA
Help I have a macro that runs multiple formulas. However, when the formulas are finished I am left with about 64000 blank lines. I am unable to insert a row on the worksheets as I get a Run-Time Error 1004 (Try to locate the last Nonblank Cell using CTRL-END). Here is a same of some of the formulas I am running ( the macro is very large). ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="TrunkFormulaI", RefersToR1C1:="=Trunks!R1C27" ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="TrunkFormulaJ", RefersToR1C1:="=Trunks!R1C28" ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="TrunkFormulaK&qu...

Deleting a excel file
Thanks for reading. I'm on a network at work, no signing in needed on the computer. Is there a way I can make a Excel file or folder and have where others can't delete it? I know how to protect it where the file can't be changed, but sometimes someone will delete it. I know this is the Windows 2000 security question but hope to fine the answer here, I'm lost. Thanks Much Bob Talk to your IT staff. Ask them to give you a share or folder on that network that only you (and a trusted co-worker) have write access to. But make...

Still recieving e-mail for deleted users
We are receiving e-mails for users that were been deleted from our server years ago. Does anyone know how to block these e-mails. We have a SPAM program that allows you to blacklist but it does not stop the messages from coming through. Create ea distribution list containing no members, but which has all the long-gone users' smtp addresses. This is called a blackhole DL. Exchange will accept the mail but silently drop it - no NDRs, no storage. -- hth, SusanV "RB" <pr@epley-pr.com> wrote in message news:574a01c40071$05a154a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > We are receiving...

Auditing Mailbox item access
Don't ask me why I am asking, you don't want to know....but Is it possible to monitor and log access not only to a mailbox, but actually to individual items within the mailbox and be able to trace it back to the specific item and user who accessed it? I am aware of the ability to log when a non-primary account logs into a mailbox, but that is not granular enough for the scenario I need to look into. The powers that be want to be able to see not only who accessed a particular mailbox, but actually who accessed a particular message within that mailbox. Just wanted to know if...

ACCESS 2000 is deleting records
Just yesterday I converted an Access 97 database to Access 2000. Have a large problem I need help with. After converting the DB I "split it" in order to use it as a backend, same way it was in Access97. After converting the database to Access2k we began to have a problem with Access2k deleting records. it deleted a total of 4 out of 62 records. the records are not together ( record #289365 then 289048 then 289128 then 289178 then this morning 289405) these record are auto-numbered incerement of one. They were entered by different people so I know its not just an operator probl...

user profiles
i need to know all the details who sign me up and the time it was created and last visited. user profiles wrote: >i need to know all the details who sign me up and the time it was > created and last visited. Is this on OneNote? Could you pls explain a little bit what you are after? Rainald ...

User Entity
Hi, I was wondering how others keep the User records in CRM updated with the Active Directory information like phone numbers, etc. Has anyone written a Windows Script to take this action or are you using other methods? Thank you ...

Creating users via powershell
I am using the windows powershell cmdlets to set up new users automatically in AD 2003. I am particularly using the cmdlets from quest such get-qaduser and new-qaduser. To setup bulk number of users I have to setup a csv file and then import them into the script. The script is below: #Get-UserGroups.ps1 #sample CSV heading # "Name,Firstname,Lastname,SAMAccountname,Telephone,Office,Department,Title,City,Company" $file="C:\employees.csv" if ((Get-Item $file -ea "silentlycontinue" ).exists) { Import-Csv $file | ForEach-Object { ...

Can't Delete Rules
I have a user with some rules but the rules can't be deleted. I got two error message and one is "The rules on this machine do not match the rules on your exchange server" and ask "Which rules do you want to keep" Client, Server, Cancel. I can delete Client rules and also Server rules, but they are all back once I restart Outlook. The other error message is "one or more rules could not be uploaded to Exchange server and have been deactivated." Is there any way I can remove all of the rules? Thanks for your comments in advance. Start-> Ru...

Office X 'clean' reinstall: delete all old files?
I'm about to try installing the latest bug-fix collection, sorry. "security update" for Office X, 10.1.6. I'm hoping it might reduce the frequency of Word's charming crashes. Who knows, I might get lucky and it'll even fix the completely messed up 'contact' feature in Word that is grayed out most of the time, but when it decides to work, will only list the 'A's' from my address book. Just useless. Anyway, back to the plot: since my Office X is so bent out of shape, I figure I'll do a 'clean install' from the original disk first, then...

System Attendant Mailbox #3
Hello, I just installed a Exchange 5.5 Sp4 server on w2k maschine. But I don't see my System Attendant Mailbox even if I receive mails from it. Could someone say me what is wrong? Thanks a lot for any help. Mitsi Where are you looking to view the system attendant mailbox? If you haven't tried look in mailbox resources and it should be there. -- Tyrone Cowart Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "mitsi" <anonymous...

reality check: 1GB mailboxes?
Is anyone else getting pressure to compete with GMail and offer 1GB mailboxes to their Exchange Server 2003 users? To me, Exchange is a messaging/collaboration platform, not a file server. The issue I'm faced with lately is file attachments on email messages. They can be anywhere from 20KB to 50MB (or more). Limiting the file attachment size means finding an alternative to sending/receiving files that don't make the cut. Since sending email with attachments is so pervasive and easy (albeit, insecure), asking users to send/receive files another way could result in a decrease in ...

How to switch users in Outlook
I am used to using Outlook Express on my old computer. My new computer has Outlook. There are two users in our family. How do we switch users so that we are not reading each other's mail in Outlook? Outlook Express has a "switch users" selection but Outlook does not. Outlook typically depends on different OS level user logins. What OS are you using? "Dennie" <Dennie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C03B0A9-F2C7-4AFD-9300-F138A643346E@microsoft.com... >I am used to using Outlook Express on my old computer. My new computer has > Ou...

Receiving mail to a unexisting mailbox
I have a very annoying problem, let me explain you: I had a long with other company 2 domains on the same exchange 2000; on that server we had some mailboxes. Meanwhile we have bought our own mail server, I have installed exchange 2003 and server 2003, and create just a part of the mailboxes, meanwhile some of the people left and we didn�t need it. Let�s say on the old server we had the mailbox old@domain.com but on the new server I didn�t even create this mailbox. The weird part is that a mailbox from the domain, just one (let�s say new@domain.com) receives spam emails that is addres...

Two users on a network editing documents simultaneously in word 20
My office just upgraded from Word 2003 to Word 2007. We are on a network and share access to Word files. In Word 2003, if one user tried to open a file in which another user was working, a message would appear stating that the file was "locked for editing by (user)." It seems that with Word 2007, any user can open a file (and edit it) while another user is doing so as well. We do not want this to be the case, and just want the settings to be as they were with Word 2003 (i.e. if a document is in use, another user cannot access it simultaneously). Ideally, we'd lik...

Moving Outlook account to another Windows log-in user account
I currently use 2 different Windows log-in User accounts, and have an email account I access on each of them, 1 for work and 1 for home. I did this because my work environment is wireless. I'm sick of switching back and forth between Windows user accounts to check work email vs. personal email. How do I transfer one Outlook email account to another Windows user account on the same computer. I'm sure I could just add an email account on one or the other, and delete it from the existing User Account, but I'd like to retain all of my existing folders and content. Then I...

delete dupl from 1 table that match table 2
I have 2 tables joined by an acct # but diff data in the 2 other columns. I want to delete the row of information from table A that have a matching acct # in table b. ie: appl acct # amount (table a) appl acct # amount (table b) b 1234 $1.00 b 1234 $5.00 c 111 $1.00 c 12345 $5.00 c 1001 $2.00 c 1001 $3.00 want to delete rows from table a. for accts #1234 & #1001 DELETE [Table A].[Acct #] ...