How to control the .edb .stm files to a certain size

How to control the .edb & .stm files to a certain size. It seems to growth
each day...
Would exchange stop function when they reach 16GB?
Is there any process need to run or any option need to apply to clear the
file size?
thanks for advice.

0
lamlam (15)

Hi,

"lamlam" <lamlam@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> How to control the .edb & .stm files to a certain size. It seems to growth
> each day...

you could define limits for the mailboxes via systemmanager on the store.

> Would exchange stop function when they reach 16GB?

I think the DB will simply dismount when 16 GB is reached in Standard
Edition. There�s a registry key to allow 17 GB.

> Is there any process need to run or any option need to apply to clear the
> file size?

the databases _can_ be defragmented with eseutil. It�s located in
Exchsrvr\bin. Eseutil defrag musn�t be part of normal maintanance. It has
many switches a can destroy data. So there�s no need to do it. Simply apply
the policies to the mailboxstore to limit ever single mailbox.

cheers,
Andy

> thanks for advice.

0
andy.rath (135)

bound control or inbound control
Hi Katherine, There are differences between using bound versus unbound controls. Where on the form do you want to use an unbound control? Jeanette Cunningham "Katherine" <Katherine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23BBC192-0A74-4B9F-9513-5E5923A76658@microsoft.com... > ...

why won't word 2007 release control of a .rtf file after exiting w
I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH ACCESS TO RICH TEXT FILES BY PROGRAMS OTHER THAN WORD------ AFTER THE FILE OPEN IN WORD IS CLOSED AND EVEN AFTER WORD HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN (EXITED) ---------- I GET THE ERROR MESSAGE THAT THE FILE IS "IN USE" BY WORD WHEN (FOR EXAMPLE) AN ATTEMPT IS MADE TO DELETE IT ---- SOMETIMES WHEN RE-OPENING THE FILE AFTER RE-STARTING WORD THE FILE CANNOT BE SAVED BECAUSE IT IS IN "READ ONLY" MODE ------- AFTER MUCH FIDDLING AROUND I FINALLY MANAGED TO DELETE THE PROBLEM FILE ONLY TO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM RETURN WITH A DIFFERNT FILE ----- WORD 200...

Split Form Size
I've created a split form but it I can't get it to save the size I resize it to. The height is off the bottom of the screen. Can someone enlighten me as to how I can size these forms to my liking? Thanks, James DoCmd.MoveSize works from the top and left of the Access window. The following example changes the active window height, but leaves its width unchanged: DoCmd.MoveSize , , , 2000 -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "JamesJ" <jjy@adelphia_darwin.net> wrote in message news:ud%236QegLIHA.3400...

RE: Control
Can some one point me right direction to achive this following. Need to dispaly a data in a table format. some of the column data may have to display a image/icon based on a value from the table (1 :- Red color icon, 2:-yellow color icon...) Once the data is loaded and displayed on the format , able to search particular row by column index and update the values including the images(change different image). I tried with Listview control, with the report view I am not able to search row and update the columns with the List vew I am not able to show the image/icon. do not want to use ...

MSCRM login and the Users Control Panel
Is anyone aware of any way that the settings stored under Control Panel - Users - Password Management might interfere with the process of Single Sign On into MSCRM? It seemed to have somehow cached someones login and prevented logging in as the logged in user, until cached credentials had been "deleted". However I have never seen this mentioned as being relevant. I am not too sure what the architecture model is there, but it appears to be a single domain. If this area has any relevance, it would be useful to know....thanks ...

what is watch.wtc file
Found this file under "My Pictures" it was called " watch.wtc file and we never put it there....wouldnt open ,,I deleted it . What is it anyone know. I put it in search and others say they have found it in same place on thier computers but no one is giving a explanation to what it is and how did it get there.Will look for a reply tomorrow,,thanks ! How does your question pertain to Windows Update functionality? smiles_ny wrote: > Found this file under "My Pictures" it was called " watch.wtc file and we > never put it there....wouldnt open ,,...

Excel creating tmp files
I have office 2007 installed on my new PC which has windows 7 and when I make a change to an excel file it wants to create a separate file labled with a tmp extension ie f5de4221.tmp. Why is it doing this and what can I do to stop it. Jim S Hi Jim, Have you solved this problem? I'm also facing the same problem but can't solve it. If you've found the solution please let me know steps to follow. Best regards, Gus "Big Jim" wrote: > I have office 2007 installed on my new PC which has windows 7 and when I > make a change to an excel file it...

search multiple pst files
Is there a way to search more than one pst file at at a time, i.e. if you have more than one open at the time? Not directly, there are some 3rd party tools that allow that such as 80-20 Retriever, but nothing built into Outlook. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "JMC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:%23pJWax2MEHA.2716@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is there ...

Next "available" File/Folder Name,...
Hi, i am looking for some API that will give me the next available file/folder name if the file/folder aleady exists. Example: you have a file named "New Text.txt", o the operating system suggests here "New Text(1).txt" if you create a new file within the shell. Is there any API that could give me the next available name for a file if i provide a filename as input? I guess its some shell interface or function, but i could not find anything so far,... Thanks in advance,... Regards Kerem -- ----------------------- Beste Gr�sse / Best regards / Votre ...

Adding a control variable
Hello all, Under VC++ 7.1, I've added a checkbox to a dialog. Using the dialog editor, I am not trying to add a control variable for this check box. However, when I right-click on the check box and select "Add Variable", the resulting wizard dialog does not allow me to select "Control Variable" (it is grayed out). What do I need to do to get a control variable for this check box added to my class? Thanks, Dave I've never seen that before - are you able to duplicate this problem with other projects too? -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "Dave" <bett...

Spam control - MS Outlook
Hi! I am using MS Outlook 2000 and use 2 profiles. I recently installed a firewall package (Fsecure = Telia S�ker Surf), including Spam control. After install, MSO hangs and I cannot change to the other profile (if I not removed MSO by ctrl/alt/del) Somebody want to comment this? /Sven-Erik Intergrated AV/Spam is the cause of frequent issues in Outlook Is the FSecure you installed compatible with this old version of Outlook? "Storfille" <storfille@ebrev.net> wrote in message news:b1Ixm.11987$U5.164765@newsb.telia.net... > Hi! > > I am using MS Outlook 200...

Where can I find the icons for "create new file" etc ?
I am writing a training manual for Publisher and need to insert the icons fo various Microsoft functions. I have searched online but must be using the wrong words. I want the little pictures of say a file with a star on the top right side etc. http://www.vbaccelerator.com/home/VB/Utilities/Icon_Extractor/article.asp -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "RRDTC in Lao PDR" <RRDTC in Lao PDR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C3A2513-3333-4D95-9C1D-C37302CF4CD1@microsoft.com... >I am writi...

Releasing memory after creating OCX control
Hi, I try to create an instance of an activex control in my MFC dialog based app. Though my application works with out any error, if i check the memory after calling "delete pMyControl" it keeps on occupying the same memory it occupied when the control was alive. Could anyone help me where I am missing to clear the memory? Thank you. My Code here ---------------m_pxWmp= new CWMPPlayer4();if( m_pxWmp->Create("replay", WS_CHILD | WS_BORDER | WS_VISIBLE , CRect(100, 100,320,240), this, 2)){ m_replay = true; m_pxWmp->SetUrl("C:\\video.avi"); m_pxWmp->Set...

Creating dialog controls at run-time
I've been researching how to do this, but whenever I try what other people do, I get very bad results. But my challenge doesn't end there. The number of controls I want to create is only known at run-time. The problems I face are manifold: 1. The code most people use fails badly. Not only is the font unconventionally big, but when I click the checkbox I create, the whole dialog disappears. If that's not enough, the pointer to the control is NULL when the dialog's destructor is called, so I can't delete the instance, and get a memory leak message when the program ends: CADi...

HELP!!!! priv1.edb file corrupt
my exchange 2003 server will not allow me to mount the store, i get "internal error, restart imformation store service and retry" I put exchange onto a different server and populated the new machine with the users mailboxes, i attempted to copy the priv1.edb file into the new server, but users don't have access to the messages within that database, users can send and receive messages but all folders, messages, contacts etc from the old server are not accessable and the mailbox store shows 2 accounts for each user, one account with the new mailbox info and one with the o...

Printing jpg file???
Hi all, with a non-Doc/View mfc project I have to print a jpg file. It is going to be so simple. When I cl�ck a button, the application will open a pre-defined jpg file and it will send it to default printer? I need help and sample code about this issue??? Help please... Thanks in advance Brav "BravoX" <puero@kornelya.com> wrote in message news:%23FxzyzlPFHA.1268@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > with a non-Doc/View mfc project I have to print a jpg file. > It is going to be so simple. When I cl�ck a button, the application will > open a pre-defined jpg...

what control can display characters from txt files in a dialog?
I want to read lines from txt files and display them on a dialog.I wonder which control can be put into the dialog to hold the characters from txt? Something like :- while(m_file.ReadString(tmpstr)) { str += tmpstr; } m_edit.SetWindowText(str); -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "liao_xf" <sclxf@sina.com> wrote in message news:001401c3652f$177b9830$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Thanks first! > I know that Edit control can receive and edit input. > and I know the filestdio can read lines from txt. > but can you tell me how to attatch the lines to the edit? > Thanks!...

stock control system
trying to see up a 'basic stock control sytem' for a warehouse that contains building materials. -- Thank you. You can use multiple ways of doing, there's 3 ways to come to m head... 1) Use a worksheet as database an save all the information on the cell of that worksheet using some macros to access it and handle. 2) You might want to use Access instead of Excel, I think would b easier to handle the database portion and you still have the Macro available. 3) You can use VB with an Access to create an application -- fanay ------------------------------------------------------...

MDI support in ATL composite control
Hi, I have components created in ATL. The components are ATL composite controls. Entire work has been done till now using ATL, however I now need to give MDI type of work area (based o doc-view architecture) within the control. I have class derived from CMDIFrameWnd. However when I try to initialize instance of this class by calling "Create" method of CFrameWnd (base class in CMDIFrameWnd), I get error and creation fails. Tracing the code, I found that base class create method calls "AfxGetInstanceHandle" to get handle to the DLL. Now since this is ATL Composite control, ...

Re: New file management software
thanatoid wrote: > "Bill in Co." <not_really_here@earthlink.net> wrote in > news:ettFOVtqKHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl: > >> thanatoid wrote: > > <SNIP> > >> If he is so ignorant he can't use Windows Explorer, he >> doesn't deserve to use a computer. > > A monkey could use WE. And wouldn't know it's better not to. Nonsense. It's just a matter of being flexible enough to be able to fully use the right tool for the right job. Just like when I explained about using ERUNT vs System Restore, but...

Saving Excel file as HTML USING C#
Hi All, I have a requirement of saving Excel files as HTML using C#. I have managed to write code for saving as HTLM file. however this seems to be not working in the once perticular case . For e.g I hav the following values are in column say A1 & A2. A1A2 D B B O A N G D V V A A L L 0 1 1 2 1 1 When I save this as HTML, I am getting saved file as below ( Note the change vertical display to horizontal) . Any suggestions / comments on this is highly appreciated. Thanks a lot for your time. DBAGVAL BONDVAL 0 1 1 2 1 1 Regards, Kewal ...

How to access Exchange 5.5 .edb files programmatically
We recently had a horrible crash of our NT4 network PDC. We went to promote our BDC and it failed. All our security is hosed. We have recreated our domain and are tryint restore our Exchange 5.5 mail. We can't do it without the proper security stuff. I want to write a program that accesses the information from the .edb files and migrates it to the new mail server. I can access the new mail server easily enough through MAPI and related technologies, but need to scavenge the data from the old edb files. Is there an ODBC driver, OLEDB provider, or other such tool that will allow me easy acces...

Massive files in .pb a problem !!!
Hi I am developing a website for a client and he has supplied several .pb files i.e Newsletters. The problem is the files are massive 10MB!!. I just wondered how to go about reducing so that when I put them on his website for downloading it does not take forever to download. I have thought about pdf still 2.3MB. I have thought about WORD still way too big. And last I thought about putting into image ie through photoshop then putting into .swf. Has anybody got a better way at all. Thanks -- http://www.philbrighton.co.uk Phil Brighton wrote: > I am developing a website for a client ...

View Filtering and Access Controls for Business Units
I am trying to implement MS-CRM for my company. We have multiple Business Units . I need to give views to each Business Units so that they see only their own Contacts/Accounts/Opp lists. How do I accomplish this ? Also, If I gave inter business unit acesses , how do I make sure that the one business unit users can not modify any fields on other's Business Unit's records ? Thanks in advance for any help, Kishore This is quite easy to do with CRM. Assuming you have already created your Business Units in CRM, you can view a security role within one of the Business Units and a...

Tab Control Problems
I previously worked in VC++ 6.0, and have several applications that have either custom shadebox controls, or tab controls or group boxes. In all cases, when I moved the applications over to VS.NET 2003, everything was fine, except in the resource editor, I cannot see any of the controls that have been overlayed on a tab control, or a custom shadebox control and in some cases group boxes. I can tab to them and see the outline, but I cannot see the actual controls. If I drag a new control onto the tab control, I can see the control, but once it is saved, I can no longer access the cont...