How to check why emails are not getting to particular domain?

How could i check why emails from my exchange server is not being received by
a particular domain.?

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 17:25:01 -0800, RonaldDaven
<RonaldDaven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>How could i check why emails from my exchange server is not being received by
>a particular domain.?

If you're not getting a NDR then it's up to their admin folks to
figure that out.

If you /are/ getting a NDR the reason's in there.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
0
Rich
1/14/2010 2:26:02 AM
Thank You.
This is more of a theoretical question.
I am not getting a bounce back at all but they dont receive the emails.

Is there a tool that I am able to use to help diagnose what the problem is?

Thank You

"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 17:25:01 -0800, RonaldDaven
> <RonaldDaven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >How could i check why emails from my exchange server is not being received by
> >a particular domain.?
>
> If you're not getting a NDR then it's up to their admin folks to
> figure that out.
>
> If you /are/ getting a NDR the reason's in there.
> ---
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> .

nslookup
set type=mx
remote_email_domain.com

telnet mail_host.com 25
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"RonaldDaven" <RonaldDaven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thank You.
> This is more of a theoretical question.
> I am not getting a bounce back at all but they dont receive the emails.
>
> Is there a tool that I am able to use to help diagnose what the problem
> is?
>
> Thank You
>
> "Rich Matheisen [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 17:25:01 -0800, RonaldDaven
>> <RonaldDaven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >How could i check why emails from my exchange server is not being
>> >received by
>> >a particular domain.?
>>
>> If you're not getting a NDR then it's up to their admin folks to
>> figure that out.
>>
>> If you /are/ getting a NDR the reason's in there.
>> ---
>> Rich Matheisen
>> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
>> .

0
Ed
1/14/2010 7:20:44 PM
On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 21:15:01 -0800, RonaldDaven
<RonaldDaven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>This is more of a theoretical question.
>I am not getting a bounce back at all but they dont receive the emails.
>
>Is there a tool that I am able to use to help diagnose what the problem is?

Have you looked at your SMTP log files? Do they show the successful
delivery of the message to the other system? If they do, the problem's
not yours to solve.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
0
Rich
1/15/2010 3:26:07 AM
I am always unable to send mails to domains airtelbroadband.in and
hsbc.co.in with the message "#550 4.4.7 QUEUE.Expired; message expired ##"
from my Exchange 2007. I do not have any issue sending mails to any other
domain. How do I resolve this issue?

Rajiv K Khandelwal

> On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 21:15:01 -0800, RonaldDaven
> <RonaldDaven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>This is more of a theoretical question.
>>I am not getting a bounce back at all but they dont receive the emails.
>>
>>Is there a tool that I am able to use to help diagnose what the problem
>>is?
>
> Have you looked at your SMTP log files? Do they show the successful
> delivery of the message to the other system? If they do, the problem's
> not yours to solve.
> ---
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

0
Rajiv
1/15/2010 10:47:55 AM
You might contact the postmaster of airtelbroadband.in.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"Rajiv K Khandelwal" <rajiv@vardaan.nospam.net> wrote in message
>I am always unable to send mails to domains airtelbroadband.in and
>hsbc.co.in with the message "#550 4.4.7 QUEUE.Expired; message expired ##"
>from my Exchange 2007. I do not have any issue sending mails to any other
>domain. How do I resolve this issue?
>
> Rajiv K Khandelwal
>
> "Rich Matheisen [MVP]" <richnews@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 21:15:01 -0800, RonaldDaven
>> <RonaldDaven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>>>This is more of a theoretical question.
>>>I am not getting a bounce back at all but they dont receive the emails.
>>>
>>>Is there a tool that I am able to use to help diagnose what the problem
>>>is?
>>
>> Have you looked at your SMTP log files? Do they show the successful
>> delivery of the message to the other system? If they do, the problem's
>> not yours to solve.
>> ---
>> Rich Matheisen
>> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

0
Ed
1/15/2010 4:14:46 PM
On 1/13/2010 8:25 PM, RonaldDaven wrote:
> How could i check why emails from my exchange server is not being received by
> a particular domain.?

I see the domain name you specified is airtelbroadband.in . This domain
does not have an MX record in the DNS. If the domain name is correct,
their admin need to correct this problem in their DNS or they will not
get emails from anywhere.

Assuming you typed their domain incorrect, try this:

Using Outlook Express try sending a message directly to recipient. You
will have to put recipients SMTP server's address in your Outlook Express.

You can get the IP address of their email server by doing an DNS lookup.
Try http://aboutmyip.com and click DNS lookup.

If you are able to send an email to their SMTP server, it means the
receiving SMTP server has accepted your message and now the problem is
on the other end.

Regards.
JE.
0
John
1/15/2010 7:37:03 PM
On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 16:17:55 +0530, "Rajiv K Khandelwal"
<rajiv@vardaan.nospam.net> wrote:

>I am always unable to send mails to domains airtelbroadband.in and
>hsbc.co.in with the message "#550 4.4.7 QUEUE.Expired; message expired ##"
>from my Exchange 2007. I do not have any issue sending mails to any other
>domain. How do I resolve this issue?

I'll ask again -- have you looked at your SMTP log files? Only now
I'll ask if you see a 4XX status sent in return for any of your
servers commands?
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
0
Rich

merge MSN Bill Pay & Checking Acct

Email count off and lost Emails
Once outlook is started it shows count of server holding to download. Example: (200), then starts download. After two or three hours there is little or no Emails in the box and or task window shows error and has shut down internet connection. Please anyone with a good understanding of this problem please advise. ...

How do I create Check list

I cant send email
Hi hope someone can help When i try to send an email i recieve this error notification in my inbox ____________________________________________________ Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test Sent: 26/01/2005 19:19 The following recipient(s) could not be reached: cherokeejeep34@hotmail.com on 26/01/2005 19:19 550 relaying mail to hotmail.com is not allowed ___________________________________________________ Why is this, i am the only user , but the message is from the system administrator. Tha...

Email Addresses #3
Hello: Quick question regarding addressing. We have several domains for which we receive mail. Not all of our users require email addresses for the 4 domains we handle. In the recipients default policy, I know you configure email addresses here, but does this not replicate this to all users, new and old? If so, what's an easy way around this. I think in 2000 Exchange, there was an option as to whether to make this site/server wide but I don;t see that option in 2003. Thanks The default recipient policy should appy to everyone you give a mailbox to. If you need to you can modi...

Not receiving emails from external domains
We are running Exchange Server 2000 in a mix 2003 and 2000 AD domain. we can send email to external (internet) domain but we cannot receive emails from external domains. Will anyone one be able to help me with this? Thank you, OD is this a new setup or what? if your setup mx record properly? "OD" <oludan@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ul8rrKn#FHA.4012@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > We are running Exchange Server 2000 in a mix 2003 and 2000 AD domain. we can > send email to external (internet) domain but we cannot receive emails from > external domains. Will an...

Authorizing checks with RMS

Automatic Forwarding of Email
We have several employees that work from home that have email addresses on our server. We need to be able to setup an automatic forward that when an email comes in to our server it will automatically forward to their outside email addresses. Could someone please explain to me how this can be done? Thanks create a contact (Exchange 2000 and above), or a custom recipient (Exchange 5.5) with the person's external address...then on the properties of their mailboxes, select that to be the "forwarding address", or "alternate recipient"... "Liesha" <anon...

Best way to get started with VBA?
Hi. A lot of replies by the MVPs include the statement that the OP will need to use VBA. What's the best way to get started? Are there any "VBA for Dummies" type books or development tools? Are there repositories of source code that the beginning VBA programmer can look at? Question: Does Outlook (2003) out of the box contain VBA code that is executed when a user clicks on a button or fills out a form? While Outlook is running, is there a way to watch this code execute and see how it changes values or fills in fields? This question came up in my mind because of the dedica...

the people cant recive my emails
hi my name is susana i have a problem with my microsoft outlook when i send email to somebody they cant recive anythink. ...

Duplicated emails
Some of the users in our our exchange server receiving duplicated emails. Can somebody tells me how to troubleshoot this issue?. We have ms outlook 2003 in the work stations. Is this an outlook problem or exchange problem? Need more information. Did someone internally send out to a list that contained external addresses or this is just internal? There are serveral reasons. Example 1 If a user sends mail to a recipient that is a member of two distribution groups (formerly known as distribution lists, or DLs), and the distribution groups are expanded on different servers, recipients can expe...

Printing Checks

WLM photo email
There appears to be two ways of creating an email with photos attached. Clicking the arrow next to New and selecting photo email and opening an normal email and using what appears to be the same feature ie. layout frames etc. Is there some subtle difference? There are actually 3 different ways on including images with messages. The two you mention are essentially the same (see #3 below). 1) You can actually Attach the image. This can be done with plain text or HTML format messages. With this there are several ways to actually get the image attached. How you do that do...

Email Sending on its own
Help - Anyone who can decipher my issue - please lend a hand I have full virus protection on my computer and it is up to date and current and finds no viruses, I have also scanned for SOBIG, and KLEZ variations. When I use outlook to get my pop3 email it gets say 45 - Spam messages and then they immediately show up in my out box and get shipped right out under false pretenses. I took a look at the outgoing message and it the header says it is from me but the outgoing email address is not mine ??? How can I get this to stop !! If it is not a virus what the heck is it ?? Thanks Ja...

Employee Check Format-Graphical

how to restore deleted email messages back to the server
hi guys. i have a very big problem and i have to fix it before it is noticed. I just set up windows mail and i forgot to set it NOT to delete the messages from the server, so it downloaded all the email messages and cleared the server completely! How can i restore the emails back to the server????? It's going to be noticed. The only way to put them back on the server is to forward them to yourself. That will get them there, but the message headers will be changed. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Kheme" <Khe...

Delayed Emails / Reverse DNS?
Hello, Having a problem where messages to MSN, GMail, etc. are either being delayed or bouncing back after failed attempts. Server is SBS2003/Exchange 2003 SP2 and retries are at the defaults, with a TTL of 2 days. I've been told that this is because that the HELO name on the server (currently our registered_domain.com) does not match the reverse-DNS of the MX record that is pointing to our SBS server, which is 'x-x-x-x-customer-name-ne-ma.hfc.comcastbusiness.net' (where the 'x's is the IP address. I went into the SMTP virtual server and changed the FQDN to the e...

Simple hack to get $500 to your home at http://dailyupdatesonly.tk Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque.please dont tell to anyone. On 6/4/10 12:58 PM, kajol wrote: > Simple hack to get $500 to your home at <URL DELETED> > > Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an > image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image > and enter your name and address where ...

Check Names = "Exchange Server computer is busy..."
Here's what I got: Active Directory on Server 2003 1 Domain Controller also running DNS and WINS No other DNS or WINS servers (I know, I know) Static IP Addresses...NO DHCP Exchange Server 2003 on a member server Client running W2K SP4 Outlook 2000 SP3 Exchange has 4 mailboxes set, but nobody is using it. I'm still testing things out. When I try to connect to Exchange via my Outlook 2000, I get the following message: "The function cannot be performed because the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is busy. Try again later" I've tried it from 3 different client comp...

Printing MICR checks
Hello, We are having an issue printing checks on the Select Payables Checks window. When we try to print the checks we receive the error message below: "Warning: You have MICR but are not in a MICR screen. To use MICR, abort this screen and set up security access." The user has access to this screen but I'm not sure what this error message means. There was nothing related to this in the Knowledge Base either. Has anyone else received this error message before and if so how did/do you resolve it? Thanks! The user has the third party mekorma check writing module ...

can receive but not send email 04-23-10
I'm trying to get my windows mail to work for the first time. I can receive emails, but not send them. I get this error message. -- The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'try it', Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Can anyone help me with this? thanks, Vickie To set up Yahoo in Windows Mail, you need a Yahoo Plus account. http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/enhancements/mailplus Configure Windows Mail to connect to Yahoo M...

Email List
I have an email I am sending to a group of friends, and I have shortcuts for their addresses set up. Is there any way I can extract the full email address from the To clause of the draft without right clicking everyone and selecting properties - ie I want the full addresses for my own purposes - not the shortcuts, and i dont want to have to do one at a time Amb Apologies - I did not intend to double post. Please send responses to my other query... "amb" <@> wrote in message news:uTb2GJQ8DHA.2028@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have an email I am sending to a group of fr...