how to check if SSL or SASL is enabled at customer side or not ?

Hi All,
While connecting to AD via JNDI, I am getting a error like:
javax.naming.AuthenticationNotSupportedException: [LDAP: error code 8
- 00002028: LdapErr: DSID-0C0901FC, comment: The server requires binds
to turn on integrity checking if SSL\TLS are not already active on the
connection, data 0, v1771]

From googling what I came across is, this will be thrown when a
particular flavor of authentication requested is not supported. It may
be specified using specific authentication schemes such those
identified using SASL.

And I also got a hint that, the solution would be to use
env.put("javax.security.sasl.qop","auth-int");

But my query is, I will be running the same LDAP connectivity tool (my
tool) with many customers. So how should I test if they are using
1. Normal LDAP port: 389? or they are using SSL/TSL connection with
different port number ?
2. How to check what security authentication to use ? i.e setting
Context.SECURITY_AUTHENTICATION to "none", "simple", sasl_mech, ?

Is there a sample code which I can run and fetch customer setup
details (about if SSL is enabled or not etc ) before I set my LDAP env
attributes?

Regards,
Shivaraj
0
shivaraj

You should post this to an Active Directory forum.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"shivaraj" <shivaraj.malannavar@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
> While connecting to AD via JNDI, I am getting a error like:
> javax.naming.AuthenticationNotSupportedException: [LDAP: error code 8
> - 00002028: LdapErr: DSID-0C0901FC, comment: The server requires binds
> to turn on integrity checking if SSL\TLS are not already active on the
> connection, data 0, v1771]
>
> From googling what I came across is, this will be thrown when a
> particular flavor of authentication requested is not supported. It may
> be specified using specific authentication schemes such those
> identified using SASL.
>
> And I also got a hint that, the solution would be to use
> env.put("javax.security.sasl.qop","auth-int");
>
> But my query is, I will be running the same LDAP connectivity tool (my
> tool) with many customers. So how should I test if they are using
> 1. Normal LDAP port: 389? or they are using SSL/TSL connection with
> different port number ?
> 2. How to check what security authentication to use ? i.e setting
> Context.SECURITY_AUTHENTICATION to "none", "simple", sasl_mech, ?
>
> Is there a sample code which I can run and fetch customer setup
> details (about if SSL is enabled or not etc ) before I set my LDAP env
> attributes?
>
> Regards,
> Shivaraj

0
Ed

Contact VS Mail-Enabled User
I am just wondering what a Mail-Enabled user would be used for, because isn't it essentially a contact? Thanks, Jeremey No, Mail-Enabled user can log-in on your domain , contact can not. Nebojsa Seslija "Jeremey" <Jeremey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B7AA8B4-1A42-4742-A4FC-B417354F2EC5@microsoft.com... >I am just wondering what a Mail-Enabled user would be used for, because >isn't > it essentially a contact? > > Thanks, > Jeremey OK, Thanks, just not sure what reason I would have someone that would need to be emailed h...

Microsoft Betrayed Yet Another Customer Base 08-23-10
Microsoft acquired a company in 2008 that have been making a 3D modeling and animation software for more than 20 years, and discontinued it a year latter. No more updates, nada. The software has a huge following, including in Hollywood. Microsoft made the software free, but for the many who already paid for it there are no updates and no guarantees that the software would work on future versions of Windows, and their graphics assets are stuck in the current version. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TrueSpace Nobody wrote this again : > Microsoft acquired a company in 2008 th...

merge MSN Bill Pay & Checking Acct

Authorizing checks with RMS

Bar Chart With Custom Labels On X and Y?
I've got some data points that represent "Rating" quality securities batched by number of days to maturity. e.g. For 01-07 days, the rating quality might be .99 For 08-30 days, the rating quality might be .83.... and so forth. What I want is a bar chart with a bar for each group of days where the bar represents the relative rating quality of that group. Bigger bars = Higher quality. Rating weights, however, are on the order of .25 = good and 2 = really bad. So the first thing I do in invert those numbers by subtracting them from 3.... so good = 2.75 and really bad = 1. Go...

How do I create Check list

Can I create custom forms to add data to a Excel Spreadsheet? How.
see this site http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html#UserForm it has a sample WB that you download. good online instructions. >-----Original Message----- > >. > ...

Printing Checks

Employee Check Format-Graphical

Set user permission to have right to create mail-enable account
Dear All, Can I know how can I set the minimum permission to have right to create mail-enable account. I have root AD called test.com, child dc called hk.test.com (installed exchange2003 server), and cn.test.com(only installed ESM) cn.test.com 's mail accoount store in hk.test.com 's exchange server, now I would like to assign permission to cn.test.com some domain user to have minimum permission to create mail enable account in Active directory user and computer snap in. When I create mail-enable account, I have no choice in "maiboxl store" option except root admi...

Check Names = "Exchange Server computer is busy..."
Here's what I got: Active Directory on Server 2003 1 Domain Controller also running DNS and WINS No other DNS or WINS servers (I know, I know) Static IP Addresses...NO DHCP Exchange Server 2003 on a member server Client running W2K SP4 Outlook 2000 SP3 Exchange has 4 mailboxes set, but nobody is using it. I'm still testing things out. When I try to connect to Exchange via my Outlook 2000, I get the following message: "The function cannot be performed because the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is busy. Try again later" I've tried it from 3 different client comp...

Printing MICR checks
Hello, We are having an issue printing checks on the Select Payables Checks window. When we try to print the checks we receive the error message below: "Warning: You have MICR but are not in a MICR screen. To use MICR, abort this screen and set up security access." The user has access to this screen but I'm not sure what this error message means. There was nothing related to this in the Knowledge Base either. Has anyone else received this error message before and if so how did/do you resolve it? Thanks! The user has the third party mekorma check writing module ...

Check off boxes
Publisher 2003 in use. I am creating a questionnaire that will be included in a newsletter. I am using the publisher software to make this form. Somewhere, in the past, I saw a keyboard shortcut to inset checkoff boxes, however, I cannot remember the key strokes. Any help along this line will be greatly appreciated. Thank you and enjoy your day. Mike Mike Reshetar wrote: > Somewhere, in the past, I saw a keyboard shortcut to inset checkoff boxes, > however, I cannot remember the key strokes. Use Wingdings and the � or q characters. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher h...

check check check
afpoiadshfpaosid It is a feature, not a bug -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

spam properties check
When I receive a suspecious email (spam), I right click, without opening the message, to check the properties to make sure it is spam before I forward to the "missed spam" software of my ISP. Some spam emails then ask me if "I want to save the changes" before I close the properties box. I am then not able to forward this email without replying yes to "save the changes?" I did not make any changes, I just checked the properties. Why is this happening? ...

Enable SubForm new record entry at top of Form
Enable SubForm new record entry at top of Form> It is easy to add new records to a SubForm, but when a few have been added >the Form tends to disappear at the bottom of the page. Is it possible to >change the format of the SubForm such that each new record is added at the >top of the Form and are therefore always clearly in sight? > >Thanks Mo007 -- Mo007 Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200706/1 Take a look at the following link it should give you the answer you seek, http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/...

tristate check box #2
I have a tristate check box.The default behavour of tristate check box in windows is that, the grayed check box will become unchecked after click on grayed check box. But i want , the grayed check box will become checked after click on grayed check box in VC++ .Pls help me its urgent. Well, for Win32, you can always SendMessage the button a BM_GETSTATE. I'm sure with MFC there's a function that will permit this; it could be as simple as button_name.GetState(). Well, for the event OnClick for that button, you can get the state of the button and then either run it through some if-...

mail-enable public folders #2
I need a script that can mail enable all my public folders on my Exchange 2003 server. When you switch to native mode in Exchange 2003 all new public folders created are mail disabled and only an administrator can mail enable them with the ESM. I have found scripts that allow you to mail enable a single public folder, but I need a script that goes through the entire public folder tree and mail enables all public folders. Any ideas? -- Collision Clyde "collisionclyde" <collisionclyde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need a script that can mail enable all my pu...

Check scanning and Check readers
Has any group successfully integrated a check reader or scanner into a MSFT RMS-POS solution? Our small business processes alot of checks from contracts and cash from customers. So, we need to integrate credit card, debit card, cash, and checks processing. I've been wanting to implement RMS but have been unsuccessful in locating info on any check readers and compatibility with RMS. Anyone with a solution to reading, scanning, and electronically verifying checks at the POS? Rms only supports check verification using PC Charge. Also, RMS only supports MICR (Magnetic Ink Character...

Customer Account Terms to show on POS and on Receipts, Packing Lis
I would like to have the customer "Terms" show up on the receipt/packing list (i.e. Net 30 or Net 10th etc), as we have this value assigned to our customers on the database already. On the receipt template we have added a line for Terms: | " and tried the following: Customer.AccountType.Description Customer.AccountTypeID Customer.AccountReceivable.ID They all return an error when generating a Receipt as not being found, so it prints out a "0". To have it appear on the POS screen, we have it on the Caption tab as Text referencing the value from Customer.CustomTe...

How do I copy a customized Print format over to a new worksheet?
any assistance would be appreciated? Lots of print settings can be "Copied" over by grouping each sheet -- select the one with the correct page layout first. Then go into File|page setup and hit ok. Then ungroup your worksheets. If the worksheets are in different workbooks, copy the "master" to the other workbook, then do the work, and delete that copied worksheet. Jon Beard wrote: > > any assistance would be appreciated? -- Dave Peterson ...

Creating relationship between QuoteDetail and Custom Entity
Is there a way (supported preferably) to create relationships between the Quote/Order/Invoice entities and a Custom entity? The CRM webservices can expose mappings between the entities, but nothing for relationships... I created a custom entity and went through the GUI application interface and was able to relate it to Quote/Order/Invoice entities. Jeremy http://crmjunkie.blogspot.com On May 29, 1:10 pm, MD <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way (supported preferably) to create relationships between the > Quote/Order/Invoice entities and a Custom entity? &...