How to change the Configuration Domain Controller in powershell

Hello,

    I know that you can change the Configuration Domain Controller in
Exchange Management Console but not how to set that for powershell. If I
use powershell he always uses by default a domain controller from
another site, causing seriously performance problems.

Thanks a lot in advance

PS. I use HyperV to test a configuration with different sites, maybe
that is causing problems in the automatical
0
Marc

Most EMS commands have a -DomainController switch that allows you to specify
the DC you want the command executed against.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"Marc Mertens" <marc.mertens@globalknowledge.be> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
>    I know that you can change the Configuration Domain Controller in
> Exchange Management Console but not how to set that for powershell. If I
> use powershell he always uses by default a domain controller from another
> site, causing seriously performance problems.
>
> Thanks a lot in advance
>
> PS. I use HyperV to test a configuration with different sites, maybe that
> is causing problems in the automatical

0
Ed
11/13/2009 7:39:33 AM
Ed Crowley [MVP] wrote:
> Most EMS commands have a -DomainController switch that allows you to
> specify the DC you want the command executed against.
Thanks,

     I was already aware of this option but I wanted a global setting.
By looking at some global variables I have found the setting
$AdminSessionADSettings.ConfigurationDomainController which I think is
what I need. This thread may thus be closed

Thanks for your help

Marc
0
Marc

What XML controls are available in VB2005 & VB2008?
What XML controls are available in VB2005 & VB2008? I'm looking for a text box that defers to the content's DTD and XLST references when displaying editable content. Is this a feature of Visual Studio? Thanks in Advance... -- Timothy Casey - Email: 5th-prime-number@timothycasey.info Software: http://software-1011.com; Scientific IQ Test, Web Menus, Security http://web-design-1011.com http://speed-reading-comprehension.com Science & Geology: http://geologist-1011.com; http://geologist-1011.net Timothy Casey wrote: > What XML controls are available in VB2005 & VB2...

Adding additional smtp domains?
Currently in a mixed mode with 2003/5.5 servers in our first site and a 5.5 server in the second site. We have mail setup so that all users have an @defaultdomain.com address - this is configured on the Default recipient policy, and the 2 policies that have been auto-generated that have the same names as the exisiting sites. We have some users who need to receive mail for other domains that we own. I'm not clear on the best way to tell Exchange 2003 to accept mail for these domains, but not to automatically add or modify any existing email addresses. We're talking half a doz...

Excel claims exclusive file may have been changed on save
Every time I work with one particular spreadsheet, I get a dialog indicating that the file may have been changed by another user whenever I try to save the workbook. - I have exclusive access to this file. - I am the only person making changes to the file. - There are no macros in this workbook. - My machine checks out as free of viruses and spyware. - I am at my wits end! Have a look at this KB Article "The file may have been changed..." error when you save workbook to network server in Excel 2002 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=324491 Myrna Larson also rep...

Change Purchase Order Entry Screen to lookup by Vendor Name
Allow users to either use Vendor Name or Vendor ID lookup at PO entry screen. Many times Buyers know the Vendor Name - not Vendor ID. This change will make PO entry easier. Users should also be able to change vendor before PO record is saved. Currently PO is saved once user tabs off PO Number - If buyer decides to change vendors or inadvertantly enters wrong vendor - they have to delete PO record and start over. This suggestion comes from customer w/4 Buyers who create 50 - 70 PO's per day. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the su...

Controlling a category in a report
I have been using M2006 for a year and an bit and have the following question. I want to be able to control the inclusion or exclusion of a category in a report from the category itself. I realize I can customize a report, but if I have a category that I do not want in any reports it would be easier to just exclude it. Meaning it would be excluded from all reports unless I specifically customized a report to include it. Ying and yang so to speak. Basically, I want to control the reporting characteristics of the category from within the category and not from within the report. Sounds lik...

How to change menu text font for MDI app?
I have a MDI app written in MFC. I need to change font for main frame, menu text, status text, and child frame. What is the best way to enumerate through all those controls/frame windows to change font? Thanks. Michael I would have them each change their own fonts in response to a broadcasted message. http://www.codeproject.com/docview/Broadcaster.asp I am assuming that this happens after all the objects have already been created (or else you would have been doing this in the initialization code of each class), so if is because of a user setting, I would save the setting, then broadc...

Option group controlling objects
Hello All, Is there a faster way of doing the following. It's kind of choppy when the objects disappear then reappear. I'm sure it's pretty obvious what I'm trying to do. Private Sub OptionButton1_Click() If OptionButton1.Value = True Then Label3.Visible = False Label4.Visible = False Label5.Visible = False Label6.Visible = True ComboBox1.Visible = False ComboBox2.Visible = False ComboBox3.Visible = False ComboBox4.Visible = True Label7.Visible = True Label8.Visible = True ComboBox5.Visible = True ComboBox6....

Changing Remote Website from one Hosting account to another
OK So I am working on several sites at once for people. One site is up and I don't have any issues with it. Thanks to this forum :) Both of these sites are hosted via Greengeeks.com and both sites show Frontgpage server extentions are installed. Both of these hosting accounts are for different sits, have different passwords, websites, etc. So two websites, 2 hosting accounts. The problem that I am having is when I am trying to publish saharaarabians.com, it wants to go to the site I have done previously, and when I enter http://saharaarabians.cominstead, it gives me an ...

RPC/HTTPS remote configuration
We are using OUtlook 2003 to connect to an Exchange 2003 server through RPC over HTTPS. We can set up and configure it from within the LAN and once we take a laptop outside of the LAN it will connect back to the Exchange server fine. However we cannot take a laptop and have it setup and configured remotely. We followed the protocol outlined in this article http://www.outlookexchange.com/articles/HenrikWalther/RPC_ over_HTTP.asp . When we get to the point that you click more settings, it gives an error message that the Exchange server cannot be contacted. How is this possible wh...

Exchange server no longer on domain
I got a phone call at 2am saying our Exchange server had failed. Tests showed that SMTP mail still flowed through it. OWA still worked, RPC over HTTP still worked. However IMAP did not work. Users were presented with their password prompt over and over. Event viewer on the Exchange server shows failure audits, event 680, error code 0xC0000064 which shows Account does not exist! Then we discovered that the time on the server was out by 12 hours, wrong time zone set (going to look into how THAT happened, but that's a different story) set it back. Anyway, it seemed to me, that the...

Exchange 2000 : Can't hide Domain Admin owned mailboxes
We are currently migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000. Our postmaster doesn't have domain admin status and we don't want to change that if possible. In Active Directory Users & Computers, the postmaster can hide any Exchange 2000 mailbox except the ones that belong to domain admin accounts. The message «Access Denied» is shown when trying the command Is it normal ? Is there a solution other than giving domain admin status to the postmaster ? "R. Garant" <richard.garant@saaq.gouv.qc.ca.invalid> wrote: >We are currently migrating from Excha...

WORD: Change default font, paragraph and line spacing
Running Windows 7 Pro with Office 2007 Enterprise. I need to change the default font to Tahoma; line spacing to single; with no paragraph space on normal style paragrah for new all documents. I have been doing this for years. Open Font Dialogue Box - set font size etc and clicked the dault button and OK. Easy as falling off a log. The same with line space and paragraph spacing setting - Open Paragraph Dialogue box - change settings and click default. This is not working on my Windows 7 HP Notebook. I then thought I would change the Normal Style and set it "For all docum...

Skipping Footer Controls
When looping through all controls on a form in code, is it possible to determine what section a control belongs to? I want to skip controls in the footer for some code I'm doing. "Phil Reynolds" <philr2354@msn.com> wrote in message news:LCjZi.20484$JD.13757@newssvr21.news.prodigy.net... > When looping through all controls on a form in code, is it possible to > determine what section a control belongs to? I want to skip controls in > the footer for some code I'm doing. To determine which section a control belongs to: Dim ctl As Access.Control ...

Track changes to cell formats
Is there any way (or workaround) to track changes made to cell formats, such as number of decimals displayed, bolding, etc. I really need to know which formats have been changed. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Trish I think I'd use another worksheet that was formatted exactly the way I wanted it. (maybe hide that sheet). Then I could compare that base sheet's format with the other sheet's current format. Trish wrote: > > Is there any way (or workaround) to track changes made to > cell formats, such as number of decimals displayed, > ...

Changing Project Accounts in Project 2007
I have went into Microsoft Project and selected Tools and then Enterprise Options then Microsoft Project Server Accounts. Here I have added my url to the project server so I have the computer and the server. I have set it to manually control connection state. So when I open Microsoft Project it asks me which one I want to use. Now, say I choose the server and have made the corrections and posted it back out to the server and then want to work on one that is on my computer is there away to change the account without going out of Microsoft Project and coming back in and telling...

How to incorporate 2 sets of changing named ranges
Hi All I'm a novice that needs help please..... sorry - I've tried but I'm stuck.... (one workbook, heaps of worksheets) I've created a macro that runs a set of actions for multiple named ranges by calling each (see code below) It finds / copies / pastes data from different worksheets & named ranges into an overview. The macro adds a 1 or 2 or 3 to "collectionMT" and repeats the actions against each named ranges: CollectMT1, CollectMT2, CollectMT3, CollectMT4 etc through to CollectMT9 I don't know how to do the same (in the same macro) for t...

Can I change names of fields in calendar?
I am using a calendar like a project manager. I would like to change the names of fields eg Location to Action to be done, Contacts to Action officer. I have been able to change the column headings in Custome view, but this doesn't change teh names of the fields on the calendar form. That is teh form that appears when you make an appointment. No, you can't change them. You could use in-cell editing and create the items in table view, where the column display names can be changed. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &a...

Chart created with a macro changes location according to screen resolution.
I have a macro that creates a chart aligned with a set of cells. I another user runs this macro with a different screen resolution th chart covers a different area of the spreadsheet partially covering th data. Also if the other users have additional or less toolbars, th location of the chart is offset. Is there a way to assign the locatio of a chart to cells and not screen location. Thanks as always -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Use something along the lines of: Sub testIt() With ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1) .Left = Cells(3, 3).Left .Top = Cells(3...

tab control on a form
Hi, I have a tab control on a form with 2 tabs, the first tab I use to add records into a table. Why do when I tab from the first to the second tab do the records get added into the table, is there a way to stop this? I only want the records to be added into the table when a command button is pushed. Thanks You can only do it one record at a time and it takes some coding to bypass the normal action of a form. If you are trying to add multipe records, you can't easily do that. It would involve using a local temporary table to do the entry, then when you want to update the main table...

malicious software removel tool will not install on domain pcs
Under SBS 2008 sp2, the malicious software removel tool x64 (KB890830) will not install on domain pcs... It just sits in the "updates in Progress" section of the SBS console, and never gets deployed. Is there something that might be preventing its deployment? Is there any way it communicates the difficulties? Recognizing this was in the wrong group, I reposted at microsoft.public.windows.server.update_services "jrl" wrote: > Under SBS 2008 sp2, the malicious software removel tool x64 (KB890830) will > not install on domain pcs... > It just si...

Changing chart types with series
Hi, I currently have a graph comprised of 4 different series. 2 of the series are bar graphs, 2 others are line graphs. The problem is that one of the bar graphs is overtop of the other bar graph meaning I can't see that series. I've tried going in and changing it by changing the overlapped bar graph to a line graph but I can't seem to do it. I've right clicked, selected chart types but I can't change only 1 series of the graph. Is there anyway to do this? Thanks, -- miteeka Sounds like one column is on the primary and the other is on the secondary axis. You need ...

Changing header within Publisher 2003 document
I have a 150 page publisher document that is divided into 7 chapters. Is there any way I can change the header for each chapter (to reflect the chapter name) or once the header is set, it has to stay? thanks You can create 15 master pages. On the second page of your document, on the pull down, click ignore and apply to the page range of your document. Then go to the start of each chapter and apply the appropriate master page. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Karna" <Karna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C7854AF-EEF8-4BB5-B719-FD7D2FF79D11@micr...

Domain controller #2
Should I be running my Exchange 2k3 as a domain controller and also as a global catalog server. I have heard reports that this is not good. Please clarify. There are other Domain Controllers at the site as well as Global Catalogs. Just looking to improve performance. James Robertson It's not recommended, but it is supported. It certainly won't increase performance. Rule of thumb is 1 GC for every 4 Exchange processors. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "James Robetson" <jrobertson@calaveras.k12.ca.us> wrote in message news:uEJ%23ZdzeFHA.3028@TK2...

Unable to delete the Dead Domain controller
Dear, Iam working on windows server 2008 Ent Ed I have two doman controllers in the domain both are GC but only one domain controller has all the fsmo roles but iam having replicattion problems with the dead DC (i.e mppkw-database) and Iam unable to delete or remove the dead domain controller from the domain and iam having follwing problems using the ntdsutil :- matadata cleanup select operation target: list domains Found 1 domain(s) 0 - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com select operation target: select domain 0 No current site Domain - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com No current server N...

changing format in replies
Whenever I reply to an email the default message format is plain text. It's a pain having to switch to HTML or rich text every single time. I don't know how to make HTML or rich text my default format for replying to emails. Any help would be appreciated. btw, I'm using MS Outlook XP (not express) and Word XP to compose emails. Thanks Outlook always replys in the format of the original message. Note that the sender might be sending in Plain Text for a reason. Changing it to a less compatible/supported format is not a nice thing to do then. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Ou...