How to change 'Address List Name' Property from a MailEnabled Public Folder?

I want to change the 'Address List Name' Property of my MailEnabled
Public Folder from 'Same as folder name' to 'Use this name', but i
found no Property or Method.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2000/maintain/ex2kwsh.mspx

With the attached Script i can modify SMTP Adress and Alias, but not
the Address List Name Entry for the Addressbook.

Who can help?

' ------------
Dim strURLOpen
Dim strURLItem
Dim objMailRecipient
Dim objConnection
Dim objRecord
Dim objFolder

Const adModeReadWrite = 3
Const adOpenIfExists = &H2000000
Const adCreateCollection = &H2000

Const cDomain = "Support.com"
Const cFolderName = "SupportFolder"
Const cPublicFoldersTree = "Public Folders"

Set objConnection = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
Set objRecord     = CreateObject("ADODB.Record")
Set objFolder     = CreateObject("CDO.Folder")

strURLOpen = "file://./BackofficeStorage/" & cDomain & "/" & _
cPublicFoldersTree
strURLItem = "file://./BackofficeStorage/" & cDomain & "/" & _
cPublicFoldersTree & cFolderName

objConnection.Open "Provider=EXOLEDB.DATASOURCE; Data Source=" & _
strURLOpen & ";"

objRecord.Open strURLItem, _
	       objConnection, _
	       adModeReadWrite, _
	       adCreateCollection Or adOpenIfExists

objFolder.DataSource.Open strURLItem
Set objMailRecipient = objFolder.GetInterface ("IMailRecipient")

    objMailRecipient.MailEnable
    objMailRecipient.Alias     = "Helpdesk Support"
    objMailRecipient.SMTPEmail = "Support@test.com"
    objFolder.DataSource.Save

Set objMailRecipient = Nothing
objRecord.Close

' ------------

0
web_taxi (2)

Modify the "Simple Display Name" Field from the Properties --> Exchange
Advanced Tab of the folder properties.

Frank

"web_taxi@hotmail.com" wrote:

> I want to change the 'Address List Name' Property of my MailEnabled
> Public Folder from 'Same as folder name' to 'Use this name', but i
> found no Property or Method.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2000/maintain/ex2kwsh.mspx
>
> With the attached Script i can modify SMTP Adress and Alias, but not
> the Address List Name Entry for the Addressbook.
>
> Who can help?
>
> ' ------------
> Dim strURLOpen
> Dim strURLItem
> Dim objMailRecipient
> Dim objConnection
> Dim objRecord
> Dim objFolder
>
> Const adModeReadWrite = 3
> Const adOpenIfExists = &H2000000
> Const adCreateCollection = &H2000
>
> Const cDomain = "Support.com"
> Const cFolderName = "SupportFolder"
> Const cPublicFoldersTree = "Public Folders"
>
> Set objConnection = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
> Set objRecord     = CreateObject("ADODB.Record")
> Set objFolder     = CreateObject("CDO.Folder")
>
> strURLOpen = "file://./BackofficeStorage/" & cDomain & "/" & _
> cPublicFoldersTree
> strURLItem = "file://./BackofficeStorage/" & cDomain & "/" & _
> cPublicFoldersTree & cFolderName
>
> objConnection.Open "Provider=EXOLEDB.DATASOURCE; Data Source=" & _
> strURLOpen & ";"
>
> objRecord.Open strURLItem, _
> 	       objConnection, _
> 	       adModeReadWrite, _
> 	       adCreateCollection Or adOpenIfExists
>
> objFolder.DataSource.Open strURLItem
> Set objMailRecipient = objFolder.GetInterface ("IMailRecipient")
>
>     objMailRecipient.MailEnable
>     objMailRecipient.Alias     = "Helpdesk Support"
>     objMailRecipient.SMTPEmail = "Support@test.com"
>     objFolder.DataSource.Save
>
> Set objMailRecipient = Nothing
> objRecord.Close
>
> ' ------------

0
FrankHill (24)
9/1/2005 8:37:02 PM
i know this method via GUI, but i want to change the property "Address
List Name"
via vbs Script! is there no possibility to change this property with
CDO, MAPI, ADSI,WMI or something else?

0
web_taxi (2)

External data link change

Is there a way to get the list command on the data toolbar?
I don't have list on my data toolbar. Is there a download for that or do I have to pay for it? I need it for a homework assignment. Thanks You need to use xl2003. That means you need to buy the newer version (or explain it to the instructor). Maybe he or she will let you slide on this section. cbuskirk20 wrote: > > I don't have list on my data toolbar. Is there a download for that or do I > have to pay for it? I need it for a homework assignment. > > Thanks -- Dave Peterson ...

AddIn Functions Have File Path and #NAME? Error
Hello, How do I get Excel 2007 to drop the file path on formulas with Excel addin functions in them? I've just upgraded from Office 2003 to 2007 on XP and am having some trouble with my Excel addin workbook functions. There are a number of addins that are kept in a directory on the computer, C:\ExcelAddins. They are updated from time to time and so everyone has them in this directory on there computer so IT can upload updates. After the Office 2007 upgrade I added all these addins to Excel 2007. In 2003 I would be able to access the addin functions by typing in the name and pa...

Why does the change change to a number?

outlook 2003- cant send to some distribution lists
User was upgraded from office 97. the PST was moved at that time. Fast forward several months... user hit the 2gb limit on her PST file. we created a new OL2003 PST, then imported all info from the old PST. Now whenever she tries to send to certain distribution lists, she gets a "unexpected error has occurred". when she hits send. if she tries to expand the distribution list within the TO field, she gets an error of "The command selected is not valid for this recipient. The operation failed." she can open it in contacts with no errors. We have deleted the list and...

Track Changes

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Automatically move original email to folder on reply
When replying to messages, I want the original email to be automatically moved to a folder within my mailbox. I have played around with the inbox rules however, it appears I can only automatically move a copy of my sent message to a designated folder, and not my original message. Each time I reply to messages I want them moved to folder x. I know I could just create a rule to move them all into folder x before I read them however, I want to leave my unreplied messages in my inbox so I know which messages still need responses. Any help much appreciated!! Thanks. You should be abl...

more on VBA function name change

Duplicate contact folder
Using Outlook XP (2002). When creating a new email and I click on To:, I get two 'contact' folders. When viewing the Outlook folders list in 'normal' node, there is only one contact folder?! How do I remove the duplicate folder so that it doesn't appear when I click on To:? TIA Maurice Tools > E-mail accounts > View or change existing directories or address books > Outlook Address Book > Change. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Maurice Bishop" <Office@NoSpamHerePleaseThankyou.MJBishop.com> wrote in message news:7HADb.1362$tQ6.19788@ward...

How to change icon for my application

using IMAP and Outlook to share folders on 5.5 SP4?
I've got a client with 5.5 SP4 who wants to be able to drag an email from his inbox to a shared folder that his assistant can access. The server is outside their network, so can only use IMAP or POP3 I tried opening up port 143 for IMAP and created a new public folder using Outlook. I can see this new folder using Exchange Administrator app. When I drag an email from the Outlook inbox into the new public folder, I get a msg of: Can't move the items. The server responded: REFERRAL imap://userName:AUTH="@server.com/Public/%20Folders/Test] there is no replica for that mailbox o...

How to change newsgroup message font

Newgroups Reseting List
When I try to reset my news group list it goes to almost 30,000 and then the program stops responding. Must shut down and restart explorer. Any suggestions? Thanks, Gordon Outlook doesn't provide NNTP (network news transfer protocol) support. Neither does Explorer. Neither does *Internet* Explorer, which is maybe what you meant. You use Outlook Express for that (Outlook and IE can call it or you can load OE yourself). [Internet] Explorer is not an NNTP client so I don't know why you are restarting it. If you are using Outlook Express, repost your question in a newsgroup that d...

Mail Merge Publications as E-mails in Publishher 2003
I don't know what I'm missing but I'm sure someone can set me straight. 1) I want to send a Publisher e-mail template to people in my Outlook contacts. I'm familiar with mail merging in Word. 2) When I go through the mail merging process in Publisher, I see no option to actually send it as an e-mail. 3) I end up with a merge that has individual publications but no option to send these as e-mails. 4) If I do a similiar process in Word, at some point after I select that I want an e-mail, I get an option following through with the e-mail procedure. 5) I have read several post...

10x Conflict Message from Public Folder Store
Hi We have received 5+ duplicate messages (some with attached duplicate messages) in our public folder store. In addition 10 conflict messages sent to the public folder and all active directory users on the network. The source of the original message is legit (one of our printers informing the toner is low). Multiple edits have been made to "Event:BLACK TONER LOW". The conflicting edits have been attached to a conflict message in "Enquiry". I have disabled the printer from sending emails and have sent a test email to the public folder which arrived without problem. Wh...

Change a formula to an acual number

Address Search
Hi Group, Newbie trying to learn some basics. I have a list of addresses and have created queries to return postcode matches. Each query returns perhaps 20 different addresses. To cut this list down I've created a query using a table which provides the property number and the postcode. That works fine. Where I get stumped is where the property has a name not a number or perhaps both. I am trying, so far without success, to compile a query that looks for postcode and either property number or name, which would include an added safeguard that would return alternate property matches i...

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Should I change this code?

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

icon changes with change of extension