how to block exe from exchange 2003

Hi

i would like to know can we block exe as attachment  from exchange
2003.

awaiting for someone's reply

regards
Abhishek Dahibhate

Without writing some custom code for Exchange, you will have to use a 3rd
party application.  Most antivirus software packages will do this.

--
Jim McBee
Blog: http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com

<abhishek.dahibhate@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> i would like to know can we block exe as attachment  from exchange
> 2003.
>
> awaiting for someone's reply
>
> regards
> Abhishek Dahibhate

0
jmcbee9404 (625)
1/10/2006 3:14:15 AM
Your Antivirus Software for Exchange should be able to do this.  You might
also check your Firewall to see if its capable.

--
John Oliver, Jr
MCSE, MCT, CCNA

<abhishek.dahibhate@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> i would like to know can we block exe as attachment  from exchange
> 2003.
>
> awaiting for someone's reply
>
> regards
> Abhishek Dahibhate

0
jcoliverjr (1013)
1/10/2006 3:22:08 AM
Most 3rd party AV software will let you block attachments by file extension.
I'm not aware of any native way of blocking them.  Outlook and OWA normally
block users from accessing them.

-GT
<abhishek.dahibhate@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> i would like to know can we block exe as attachment  from exchange
> 2003.
>
> awaiting for someone's reply
>
> regards
> Abhishek Dahibhate

0
GT

SendAs for "Exchange Domain Servers" and "Exchange Enterprise Servers" denied
Hi all, I'm having problems with SMTP with all my exchange servers (4) under the same organization. The Event IDs are 7010 and 7004. I look them up and they are caused by the impossibility to authenticate between servers. I've made focus on the article 843106 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843106&sd=ee there, this paragraph call my attention: If Integrated Windows Authentication is enabled, but the events persist, the sending server in the 7004 event or in the 7010 event may lack or be denied the SendAs right on the receiving server. If the sen...

Windows 2003 server SetForegroundWindow|BringWindowToTop|SetWindow
Hi all, I'm trying to use this functions (SetForegroundWindow|BringWindowToTop|SetWindowPos) on Windows 2003 server, but it is working when I have a Administrator level and when I try the sameprogam with the operator level I have an exception like <Impossible to run this information from the remote pc>. I tryed the same program on Window XP with the operator level and it is working. Somebody knows why ? I'm looking forward to receiving an answer soon possible. BR lolo An exception sounds surprising; none of those APIs are specified as throwing an exception. You would...

Exchange 2003 Standard edition mobile SMS (text messaging)
My mobile phone accepts SMS (text messaging). Is there any way that I make exchange to notify every time that I receive a message or I even can create an email that will send a direct message to my mobile. I understand that I can activate the mobile feature of exchange but it will require the internet to be active on my mobile costing me more money. We have Exchange 2003 Standard edition Thank you. SMS was used by Exchange ActiveSync to initiate ActiveSync in Exchange Server 2003 before SP2. The actual delivery of mail would still require a data connection on your mobile device - t...

Exchange web access does not poll messages until.
Exchange web access does not poll from our pop account until someone in our office does a send and receive on our particular workstations. Is there a way around this? We try a send receive from within our web access but it does not poll from our pop accounts. by the way we are using server 2003 , and exchange server 2003. Thanks guys Are you using a POP connector or Internet Mail in Outlook? If the former, the send/receive settings are determined by the POP connector itself. If the latter, you aren't going to be able to use Internet Mail in OWA very efficiently (without someone who is...

Big problem with Exchange 2000 Information store (STORE.EXE)
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C41DC1.87514380 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1250" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable =20 Hello =20 For the last few days, we=92re having a huge problem with performance of = our Exchange 2000 server (sp3 installed) running on Windows 2000 Server = (with SP4), dual CPU 500 MHz, 512 MB RAM. The STORE.EXE process is using about 110 MB of RAM and the CPU = performance is always above 50-60%. (store.exe is using min 50%). During = work day, the CPU has risen to 100%, so all of our compa...

Outlook ,blocks
When I receive mail in Outlook or Outlook Express, the program blocks almost every time, certainly after I removed some emails ? Define "blocks". The 'block' we're most familiar with is blocked attachments, but it doesn't sound like you are talking about that, but if you are... See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm to learn how to get the attachments off. One popular method is Attachment Options from www.slovaktech.com. For more information on the security features, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm. If you use OE, hit Forward o...

last exchange logon
Is there any way to easily retrieve the Exchange last login time info and have it all dumped into a file? I know I could go through each mailstore and export, but this is tedious when you have a lot of mailstores. Any scripts out there to do this? Thanks. -GT Try "IMI Mailbox Statistics" from http://www.imibo.com/imidev/Exchange/imims.htm Standard Edition work with ES2000/2003 .... "GT" <DSS4u@+++nospam+++HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in message news:YpudnVLRdqsnLzTe4p2dnA@mcgill.ca... > Is there any way to easily retrieve the Exchange last login time info and &...

Reinstalling SBS Web Applications site and Exchange Autodiscover
I have accidentally deleted the SBS Web Applications Site from IIS. I manually recreated the site, and recreated the various application folders. The only application folder I cannot create is the Autodiscover application. When I run the command: New-AutodiscoverVirtualDirectory -WebsiteName "SBS Web Applications" -InternalUrl "https://internalURL/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml" -BasicAuthentication 1 -WindowsAuthentication 1 I get the following error: New-AutodiscoverVirtualDirectory : An error occurred while creating the IIS virtual directory 'IIS://...

Publisher 2002 document incorrectly interpreted in Publisher 2003
Alan wrote: Ok. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Why is it that suddenly we are getting SCADS of posts like this? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" <ic@ntellu.com> wrote in message news:u6iiBfjpEHA.3668@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Alan wrote: > > Ok. > > -- > Brian Kvalheim > Microsoft Publisher MVP > http://www.publishermvps.com > ~pay it forward~ > > This po...

OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module KRNL386.exe
I am running Windows 98 I have done all the updates via windowsupdate.microsoft.com. I have Outlook 2000 that I am using for e-mail and have run all the updates for this from officeupdates.microsoft.com. The problem I am having is that EVERYTIME I try to reply to a message I receive the following error : OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module KRNL386.exe.....and Outlook locks up. I have tried to repair it and also tried to reinstall it with NO success. Please help....Thanks ahead of time for your attention to this matter ...

Blocking email address
we have exchange 2003 server. we wanted to block certain email address so that no one in our organization gets that email. Could anyone tell me how to acheive this? Install an antispam service. Perhaps IMF will allow you to do this. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "ANDY" <ANDY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44892250-76C8-418D-9705-DAE7F407A699@microsoft.com... > we have exchange 2003 server. we wanted to block certain email address so > that no one in our organization gets that email. Coul...

Blocking image download automatically
Hi all. Is it possible not to download the pictures in html automatically in Office XP as it is in Office 2003? TIA Guy Not exactly since that feature was added in OL2003. You could use the ReadAsPlain feature: http://outlooktips.net/howto/plain_text.htm "Guy Cohen" <noemail@please.com> wrote in message news:emCL34GqFHA.1096@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi all. > Is it possible not to download the pictures in html automatically in > Office XP as it is in Office 2003? Outlook 2002 does not support that feature. -- Bill Rodgers MVP "Guy Cohen" <no...

Exchange stopped responding
Error message in OWA: OWA was unable to get your inbox. Also cannot connect to Exchange using Outlook or Outlook Express. Reboot fixes. All Exchange services running. No errors in Event Logs. Recent update to Windows 2000 DC (was NT 4 PDC). Every morning, I have to reboot the server, then all works fine until the next morning. Any ideas? And version of Exchange is ... ? KN wrote: > Error message in OWA: OWA was unable to get your inbox. > > Also cannot connect to Exchange using Outlook or Outlook > Express. > > Reboot fixes. > > All Exchange services runn...

reasons NOT to install project 2007 on exchange 2003 server
other than the obvious of course. what has happend is that management did not like the cost of the server required to run microsoft project 2007. and the only server we have with the necessary requirements to run project 2007 is..... our exchange 2003 server. if anyone can give me good reasons not to install this on our email server I would apprecaite it. Maybe having SQL on the server would not work well with exchange, something along those lines. I just dont think this is a good idea, but my saying that running this on the exchange server is not a good idea may not be enough for t...

iCardAddln Micorsoft Outlook 2003
When starting Outlook 2003, every time I get an automation error. Top bar in blue reads "iCardAddln" Gray box reads "Automation Error" 2nd line reads Specific module could not be found". I have tried reloading the program, repairing the program and a search of the web has not shown me anything about this error. Thanks Do you have a ZyXEL modem or software? "Yaboo1964" <Yaboo1964@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C4FD683-1DC5-4861-8B64-9721F193377C@microsoft.com... > When starting Outlook 2003, every time I get an automation ...

Outlook.exe keps closing (error)
I have one unit onsite where Outlook.exe (Outlook XP Sp3) keeps creating a general error and shuts down. the user may not even be working with Outlook when it pops the message it must close. I've exausted all of my items as a fix and really don't want to perform a rebuild unless absolutly neccessay(considering this application is the only issue) I've performed an un-install(restart), re-install, adware scans..... Any info would be appreciated, Here is the error info in 3 parts: Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft Office 10 Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 09/0...

"Best Practice"
Hello all, I am in the process of setting up new templates for our company. There are quite a few templates, and all have similar characteristics but slightly different information. I am creating them as .dotx files (working in Word 2007). I'm trying to figure out the best way to use Quick Parts within the context of multiple templates. There is some information (for example, addresses of different company locations) that need to be inserted into several of the templates. I'd like to create Quick Parts for doing this, and in fact have done this in one of the templat...

Outlook 2003 Send/Receive errors
I continually get the following error message. Task 'Bill - Receiving' reported error (0x80042108) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' It came up at least six times yesterday, and three times already today. This has been going on since I purchased my new computer and Office 2003 in January. I have checked with SBC, and they say my setup is okay. Since they accounts do work most of the time, this seems logical. I have t...

Why aren't blocked senders being blocked?
I have set up a domain as a blocked sender, but I keep getting emails from this blocked domain (e.g. @yahoo.com). This used to work fine in Outlook 2002, but now with 2003, this feature doesn't seem to work. Any ideas? -- Brandon IT Director Office Equipment & Supplies at http://www.presentationsdirect.com ...

Exchange Attachment Blocking
During setup Exchange 2003 asked something about attachment blocking, which I said yes to and made sure it had vbs, pif, scr, etc listed...where is this setting if I want to add additional file extensions to the list? I cant seem to find it anywhere. Dave Start here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;290499 Scenario 2. dave wrote: > During setup Exchange 2003 asked something about > attachment blocking, which I said yes to and made sure it > had vbs, pif, scr, etc listed...where is this setting if > I want to add additional file extensions to the li...

blocking senders #2
I'm considering switching to Outlook (Office XP) from OE for my e-mail. OE had an option of blocking senders based on their domain, but I can't find that in Outlook. The only thing Outlook gives me is the option of blocking by the display name or address. For example I want to be able to block everything from @internet.ch not just oiurwfgohgrh@internet.ch (or better yet everything from .ch). I can't even find a way to make outlook display the senders real address instead of a name or how to find the full header, properties & source of a message. -- Bill Mitchell To block a...

Exchange Sync Error?
Exchange Server 2003 SP2 Server 2003 SP1 Outlook 2003 SP2 Every so often a user will get the following Sync error. I've tried searching around for that error code and have not come up with much. Naturally, the link does not provide much help to me. Any ideas on what that error actually means and how to fix it? 12:39:53 Synchronizer Version 11.0.6352 12:39:53 Synchronizing Mailbox 'User, Joe' 12:39:53 Synchronizing Hierarchy 12:39:53 Terminated in error 12:39:53 [80040119-100A0103-0-610] 12:39:53 Microsoft Office Outlook Offline Folders 12:39:53 For more information ...

Recover When Only Full Exchange Administrator Account Is Deleted
Hello, Our Exchange Full Administrator appears to be deleted from AD. I found an article from Microsoft that describes this issue. RESOLUTION from Microsoft To resolve this behavior, run Setup.exe /forestprep from the Exchange 2000 CD. My question: Can we do anything wrong if we run forestprep for the 2nd time? The last thing we want is that all off the exchange attributes are reset. Thanks Guy More information about this issue. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296487 - The Microsoft Article Our domain has 20 Windows 2000 Domain Controllers and 6 Exchange 2000...

LDAP and Exchange 5.5
Hi all I need to get some information about mailboxes from Exchange Directory trough LDAP. I want get for example When-Created field but im recievieng some errors. In this case it is provider "unspecified error". I know, that some fields which is accesible trough LDAP have other names than Exchange attributes and maybe it is the cause. I tried to find list of availiablie attrributes with their names but with no effect. I found a pieces of information with few fields but i can't find good and complete description about LDAP & Exchange. Thanks in advance for helpful links, su...

File Size Limit in Access 2003 on WinXP Pro?
I've been told that there is a limit to the size of an .mdb file in Access 2003 on Win XP Pro. I get an error message "Invalid argument" when the file reaches 1.99GB. Is this is true, does the same limitation apply to Access 2007 ? If not, I can upgrade my Office to 2007... TIA! -Joe -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com Hi Joe, Yes, there is a 2 gig file limit in A2003... If you have compact/repaired your data file and it is still 2 gig, you really should consider moving to SQL Server. Once your data file is this size I don't beli...