How to add an x.400 address to all email enabled user accounts?

Hi All,

I thought i could add an X.400 address to all email enabled user
accounts by adding the X.400 address under the default recipient
policy.  I then started a Update Service rebuild on both the Enterprise
and organization.  After waiting 5 minutes i then did Update Now.

No new X.400 address shows up for any mail enabled user account.
There's only about 50 users but i'd rather not manually add the
addresses if it can be helped.

Am i going about this the right way?

Thanks all, i've been enjoying the newsgroup so far and learned a lot
of good stuff!

Chris

0
creichert (3)

On 25 Jan 2007 12:04:04 -0800, "chris" <creichert@skylight.com> wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I thought i could add an X.400 address to all email enabled user
>accounts by adding the X.400 address under the default recipient
>policy.  I then started a Update Service rebuild on both the Enterprise
>and organization.  After waiting 5 minutes i then did Update Now.
>
>No new X.400 address shows up for any mail enabled user account.
>There's only about 50 users but i'd rather not manually add the
>addresses if it can be helped.
>
>Am i going about this the right way?
>
>Thanks all, i've been enjoying the newsgroup so far and learned a lot
>of good stuff!
>

>Chris

Sure its X.400 or do you mean  X500 addresses?

Admodify is a great tool for the latter.

0
adavid (8731)
1/25/2007 8:07:14 PM
These would be X.400 addresses.

We recently migrated from one Old_W2K3 domain to New_W2K3 domain and
from Old_Exchange org to New_Exchange org.  The new it director thought
it best to clean up old addresses so i deleted the previous X.400
address from each of the accounts that was associated with the old
domain.  Gee that was easy!   I didn't realize then that the old
address is still referenced in old emails and calendars etc so users
get NDR when sending to a deleted address.  Outlook autocomplete
helpfully fills in the deleted address to ensure a NDR.  :-)

Now we'd like to add the old address back to solve the NDR issue.

Doesn't look like the process i've followed to add the x.400 back in is
showing up in Active Directory.  There are two DC's on the same subnet
and i've manually forced replication.  Is the X.400 addressing case
sensitive?

Best to learn by fire to make sure you don't ever let it happen again!

Chris

On Jan 25, 12:07 pm, Andy David {MVP}
<ada...@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote:
> On 25 Jan 2007 12:04:04 -0800, "chris" <creich...@skylight.com> wrote:
>

> >Hi All,
>
> >I thought i could add an X.400 address to all email enabled user
> >accounts by adding the X.400 address under the default recipient
> >policy.  I then started a Update Service rebuild on both the Enterprise
> >and organization.  After waiting 5 minutes i then did Update Now.
>
> >No new X.400 address shows up for any mail enabled user account.
> >There's only about 50 users but i'd rather not manually add the
> >addresses if it can be helped.
>
> >Am i going about this the right way?
>
> >Thanks all, i've been enjoying the newsgroup so far and learned a lot
> >of good stuff!
>
> >ChrisSure its X.400 or do you mean  X500 addresses?
>
> Admodify is a great tool for the latter.- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

0
creichert (3)
1/25/2007 8:34:48 PM
On 25 Jan 2007 12:34:48 -0800, "chris" <creichert@skylight.com> wrote:

>These would be X.400 addresses.
>
>We recently migrated from one Old_W2K3 domain to New_W2K3 domain and
>from Old_Exchange org to New_Exchange org.  The new it director thought
>it best to clean up old addresses so i deleted the previous X.400
>address from each of the accounts that was associated with the old
>domain.  Gee that was easy!   I didn't realize then that the old
>address is still referenced in old emails and calendars etc so users
>get NDR when sending to a deleted address.  Outlook autocomplete
>helpfully fills in the deleted address to ensure a NDR.  :-)

Actually, X500 addresses are used by Outlook to autocomplete, not
x.400 . ( x500 is the Legacy Exchange DN aka the Distinguished-Name in
Exchange 5.5) Its the lack of that directory information that causes
the NDRs.

X.400 addressing is a communication protoccol. Exchange 200x doesnt
use it unless you need to communicate with a foreign email system or
old 5.5 org. You shouldnt remove the x.400 addresses regardless
however.

>Now we'd like to add the old address back to solve the NDR issue.
>
>Doesn't look like the process i've followed to add the x.400 back in is
>showing up in Active Directory.  There are two DC's on the same subnet
>and i've manually forced replication.  Is the X.400 addressing case
>sensitive?

How exactly are you adding these back and lets make sure which
addresses (x.400 or x500) , you are referring to. :)

>Best to learn by fire to make sure you don't ever let it happen again!
>

>Chris
>
>On Jan 25, 12:07 pm, Andy David {MVP}
><ada...@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote:
>> On 25 Jan 2007 12:04:04 -0800, "chris" <creich...@skylight.com> wrote:
>>

>> >Hi All,
>>
>> >I thought i could add an X.400 address to all email enabled user
>> >accounts by adding the X.400 address under the default recipient
>> >policy.  I then started a Update Service rebuild on both the Enterprise
>> >and organization.  After waiting 5 minutes i then did Update Now.
>>
>> >No new X.400 address shows up for any mail enabled user account.
>> >There's only about 50 users but i'd rather not manually add the
>> >addresses if it can be helped.
>>
>> >Am i going about this the right way?
>>
>> >Thanks all, i've been enjoying the newsgroup so far and learned a lot
>> >of good stuff!
>>
>> >ChrisSure its X.400 or do you mean  X500 addresses?
>>
>> Admodify is a great tool for the latter.- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -
0
adavid (8731)
1/25/2007 8:46:40 PM
Hi Andy,

I think you hit the nail on the head with the comparison of x.400 vs
x.500.  I'm not sure there is an address for the old org any longer
thought i may not be looking in the right place(s).

For what it is worth i manually added an x.400 address to my user
account via ADUC.  The address being c=US;a=
;o=Exchange;p=Oldname;s=Neophyte;g=Chris;   Even with this in my
account sending to the 'old' address does not work.

I tracked the NDR'd message and the address it is trying to send to is:
 /O=OLDNAME/OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=CNEOPHYTE

As you mentioned there is no longer an address for the old site so it
NDR's.  I guess i need to add the x.500 back before doing anything
else?

Thanks a milliion!

Chris

On Jan 25, 12:46 pm, Andy David {MVP}
<ada...@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote:
> On 25 Jan 2007 12:34:48 -0800, "chris" <creich...@skylight.com> wrote:
>
> >These would be X.400 addresses.
>
> >We recently migrated from one Old_W2K3 domain to New_W2K3 domain and
> >from Old_Exchange org to New_Exchange org.  The new it director thought
> >it best to clean up old addresses so i deleted the previous X.400
> >address from each of the accounts that was associated with the old
> >domain.  Gee that was easy!   I didn't realize then that the old
> >address is still referenced in old emails and calendars etc so users
> >get NDR when sending to a deleted address.  Outlook autocomplete
> >helpfully fills in the deleted address to ensure a NDR.  :-)Actually, X500 addresses are used by Outlook to autocomplete, not
> x.400 . ( x500 is the Legacy Exchange DN aka the Distinguished-Name in
> Exchange 5.5) Its the lack of that directory information that causes
> the NDRs.
>
> X.400 addressing is a communication protoccol. Exchange 200x doesnt
> use it unless you need to communicate with a foreign email system or
> old 5.5 org. You shouldnt remove the x.400 addresses regardless
> however.
>

> >Now we'd like to add the old address back to solve the NDR issue.
>
> >Doesn't look like the process i've followed to add the x.400 back in is
> >showing up in Active Directory.  There are two DC's on the same subnet
> >and i've manually forced replication.  Is the X.400 addressing case
> >sensitive?How exactly are you adding these back and lets make sure which
> addresses (x.400 or x500) , you are referring to. :)
>

> >Best to learn by fire to make sure you don't ever let it happen again!
>
> >Chris
>
> >On Jan 25, 12:07 pm, Andy David {MVP}
> ><ada...@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote:

> >> Admodify is a great tool for the latter.- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

0
creichert (3)
1/25/2007 9:30:43 PM
On 25 Jan 2007 13:30:43 -0800, "chris" <creichert@skylight.com> wrote:

>Hi Andy,
>
>I think you hit the nail on the head with the comparison of x.400 vs
>x.500.  I'm not sure there is an address for the old org any longer
>thought i may not be looking in the right place(s).
>
>For what it is worth i manually added an x.400 address to my user
>account via ADUC.  The address being c=US;a=
>;o=Exchange;p=Oldname;s=Neophyte;g=Chris;   Even with this in my
>account sending to the 'old' address does not work.
>
>I tracked the NDR'd message and the address it is trying to send to is:
> /O=OLDNAME/OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=CNEOPHYTE
>
>As you mentioned there is no longer an address for the old site so it
>NDR's.  I guess i need to add the x.500 back before doing anything
>else?

Yes, you need to a create custom address of the type x500 for each
account using the format /O=OLDNAME/OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE
GROUP/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=ALIAS

admodify allows you to do this in bulk.
http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/workspace.aspx?id=f5cbbfa9-e46b-4a7a-8ed8-3e44523f32e2

>Thanks a milliion!
>
>Chris
>

>On Jan 25, 12:46 pm, Andy David {MVP}
><ada...@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote:
>> On 25 Jan 2007 12:34:48 -0800, "chris" <creich...@skylight.com> wrote:
>>
>> >These would be X.400 addresses.
>>
>> >We recently migrated from one Old_W2K3 domain to New_W2K3 domain and
>> >from Old_Exchange org to New_Exchange org.  The new it director thought
>> >it best to clean up old addresses so i deleted the previous X.400
>> >address from each of the accounts that was associated with the old
>> >domain.  Gee that was easy!   I didn't realize then that the old
>> >address is still referenced in old emails and calendars etc so users
>> >get NDR when sending to a deleted address.  Outlook autocomplete
>> >helpfully fills in the deleted address to ensure a NDR.  :-)Actually, X500 addresses are used by Outlook to autocomplete, not
>> x.400 . ( x500 is the Legacy Exchange DN aka the Distinguished-Name in
>> Exchange 5.5) Its the lack of that directory information that causes
>> the NDRs.
>>
>> X.400 addressing is a communication protoccol. Exchange 200x doesnt
>> use it unless you need to communicate with a foreign email system or
>> old 5.5 org. You shouldnt remove the x.400 addresses regardless
>> however.
>>

>> >Now we'd like to add the old address back to solve the NDR issue.
>>
>> >Doesn't look like the process i've followed to add the x.400 back in is
>> >showing up in Active Directory.  There are two DC's on the same subnet
>> >and i've manually forced replication.  Is the X.400 addressing case
>> >sensitive?How exactly are you adding these back and lets make sure which
>> addresses (x.400 or x500) , you are referring to. :)
>>

>> >Best to learn by fire to make sure you don't ever let it happen again!
>>
>> >Chris

0
adavid (8731)

Apply account's pricelist to opportunity
It seems like a bug: All accounts have a default price list (defaultpricelevelid). When I create an opportunity from the account, the price list is correctly copied to the opportunity. However, when I create an opportunity from the Opportunity tab is Sales, the price list is not copied? Regards, Per This is because the pricelist cannot be known when the form is popped, as the account / contact is not known. HTTH Gill >-----Original Message----- >It seems like a bug: >All accounts have a default price list >(defaultpricelevelid). >When I create an opportunity from the acco...

Outlook 2003
Is there a way to force all incoming email to be received as plain text in OL-2003? TIA -- howard How about: "Tools | Options | E-Mail Options | Read all standard mail in plain text"? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Stockholm Consulting Group/KSG http://www.scgab.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr/computers/onenotefaq.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Howard Cross" <no-spam@No-Spam.com> wrote in message ...

web address help
whats the web address for outlook so i can sign on? I have it stored on my home computer but dont have it here thanks Outlook doesn't have a web address unless you use an Exchange server. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64da01c3e61b$58282fc0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > whats the web address for outlook...

Customizing Recipient Polices to filter for FROM email field?
I need to find a solution to a new policy that our Exchange server must follow. We currently run with an email retention limit of one year, no problem. Now I need to run an exception to that Policy where email from one particular user must be deleted from any mailbox if it's older than 14 days. I'm at a loss finding information that indicates this is even possible. Is it? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am running Exchange 2003 SP1 on Win2k3. Thanks, Mark ...

HELP!! Viewing email images

slow emails
We are using exchange 2000 sever. and we have one user on one machine that her emails take awhile to process, up to 3hrs possibly. She is running outlook 2002, with all updates as of 10/9/03. I have figured in the past that it was just the other servers the mail was going through that was slowing it down. But when she uses, another persons acount on another machine it runs fine. Is this and outlook/machine problem, a server problem, or a problem that is out of my hands? Or is there a problem at all? >-----Original Message----- >We are using exchange 2000 sever. and we ha...

links in emails
When I try to open a link included in an email nothing happens? Hi, This problem can be caused by several different things. Do you receive an error message when you click on a hyperlink, or does nothing happen at all? Can you use hyperlinks in other programs, such as Word? Please have a look at the following Knowledge Base articles to see if these resolve your problem. 177054.KB.EN-US OLEXP: Internet Shortcuts in Outlook Express Do Not Start Web Browser You can access this article by clicking on the link below. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;177054 257464.K...

Trouble sending emails #2

Outlook 2003: Print address book
I'm running Outlook 2003 as a stand alone program without a network. I can't print the address book. The address book menu does not offer any print options including those found in the Help and Support and the MS Knowledge Base. It also doesn't offer the option to export/import. What am I missing here? Operating Windows XP Home SP2, IE 6 SP2, Outlook 2003. Thanks for any suggestion -- Phil pdischert@iname.com There is no address book in Outlook. There are lots of choices for ways to print your Contacts Folder: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/print.htm -- Russ V...

email set up in publisher

Batch converting leads to accounts
Is there a way to convert leads to accounts in batches? I need to convert up to 500 each day and don't have the time to go through them one at a time. Dave Lagergren On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 01:28:44 GMT, "Who Cares!" <whocares@freetidet.org> wrote: >Is there a way to convert leads to accounts in batches? I need to >convert up to 500 each day and don't have the time to go through them >one at a time. Only way is through the SDK. Write some code that loops through your leads and creates accounts, contacts and opportunities as needed and marks the lead as qu...

Multiple Account Download from One Financial Instituition
Hi, I have at one brokerage mutliple accounts (individual, joint, 401K, roll-over etc). In Money they are all separate accounts. When I connect with the brokerage I am only able to connect to one type of account (in this case retirement). How can I download multiple accounts from a brokerage (when not all have the same URL). Please email me your reply. Thanks Sandeep ...

multiple revieve of emails
I recieve multiple copys of emails in outlook. In some cases I get 100 copys of the exact same message, in other cases it is ok, then others many times Only one message on server Jim <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recieve multiple copys of emails in outlook. In some > cases I get 100 copys of the exact same message, in other > cases it is ok, then others many times Only one message on > server Usually caused by 1) Send/receive interval too small or 2) server timeout value too small or 3) rules that don't contain the "stop processing more rules...

Delay receiving email
Hi, We use Exchange 2000 and Windows 2000. I have recently been expeirencing intermitent delays in receiving email from two seperate domains.The delays are usually 3 hours but sometimes even longer. In the header info the delay happens at the last hop before reaching our domain. I have checked the exchange logs as well as the logs on our gateway but they do not indicate any delay once we receive the email. I am not sure what else I should do. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Bryan ...

HELP
We have an application that is used by over 8000 people worldwide. One of our users is just starting to have the following problem: Run-time error '-2147467259(80004005)': Method 'Add' of object 'CommandBarControls' failed I have read that this problem can be caused by trying to open the file in Internet Explorer. The user has told me that she has tried opening MS Excel and then the .xls file and she still gets the same problem when the file is trying to open. She is the only one that has had this problem. Could there be something wrong with her Excel settings or som...

User Authentication Error
Hello All, I am running CRM 3.0. I have the system administrator role. When attempting to merge 2 account records I receive an error that states, "The user authentication passed to the platform is not valid." I cannot merge the records. If anyone can, please advise. thanks. Keith ...

Saving User Settings in Outlook...
Hello everyone, Does anyone know how to save the user settings for MS outlook 2003? Thanks to all who reply, Ismael The reason I would like to be able to save the user settings is so I'll be able to restore these settings should I need to in case I had to do a clean install of WinXP and office 2003 either on the same computer of on another newly bought computer. Thanks to all who reply, Ismael "Ismael" <I_Tena@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ueqwqfaHGHA.2948@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello everyone, > > Does anyone know how to save the user setting...

User Defined Required Fields
I have set several field on sub window Sales User-Defined Fields Entry of Sales Transaction Entry as "Required". If the user remembers to click User-Defined, then they become required. But if the user never clicks on User-Defined from Sales Transaction Entry, then they can still save the new document without the required fields entered. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this asside from continual user training? Your answer is VBA. You own Modifer, so you also have VBA enabled. You'll need to write VBA code to open the window (literally, push the button) then set th...