How much space do Calendar entries take?

Hi all-

I'm struggling with capacity limits in Exchange 5.5 standard.

How much space do Calendar entries take up in the priv info store?
Are old entries ever purged?
If not, what happens several years from now?
Would it free up any meaningful resources to purge old years' calendar
entries on everybody's mailbox?

Thanks for your comments.
0
dac56 (1)

They won't go away on their own, they will simply continue to increase the
mailbox size. You can use the mailbox manager (located in the support
directory of service pack 4) to clean up old calendar appointments, tasks,
journal etc quite easily though, it's a nice tool.
--
hth,
SusanV

"Coop" <dac56@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all-
>
> I'm struggling with capacity limits in Exchange 5.5 standard.
>
> How much space do Calendar entries take up in the priv info store?
> Are old entries ever purged?
> If not, what happens several years from now?
> Would it free up any meaningful resources to purge old years' calendar
> entries on everybody's mailbox?
>
> Thanks for your comments.

0
svanallen (210)
2/20/2004 6:47:36 PM
Oh, btw, the mailbox manager is server-based, you configure it through the
exchange admin, not on the client - making it simple enough to clean the
entire store - or exclude certain mailboxes or whatever.
--
hth,
SusanV

"Susan VanAllen [MVP]" <svanallen@nospam-mvps.org> wrote in message
> They won't go away on their own, they will simply continue to increase the
> mailbox size. You can use the mailbox manager (located in the support
> directory of service pack 4) to clean up old calendar appointments, tasks,
> journal etc quite easily though, it's a nice tool.
> --
> hth,
> SusanV
>
> "Coop" <dac56@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all-
> >
> > I'm struggling with capacity limits in Exchange 5.5 standard.
> >
> > How much space do Calendar entries take up in the priv info store?
> > Are old entries ever purged?
> > If not, what happens several years from now?
> > Would it free up any meaningful resources to purge old years' calendar
> > entries on everybody's mailbox?
> >
> > Thanks for your comments.

0
svanallen (210)

Merging calendars
Can anyone suggest a way of copying an event in my personal calendar to a "public shared calendar". We use a public calendar as our Dept Calendar and we all use our personal calendars. I would like to eliminate the extra step of having to update both calendars. I dont want all personal items to go the dept calendar just the ones i designate (somehow). Jeanne Drag and drop the event from your personal calendar to the group calendar. If you use the right click and choose "copy" it should work fine. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep...

Excel to Calendar
Hi everybody, I would like to import my one ear agenda from Excel to Calendar (outlook 2002) I've tried allready without any result (direct or by ..csv file). In Excel, my agenda is on 4 columns : date, time, place and subject. What is a correcte way to do it? Bon dimanche � tous Paul The way you did it. You might need to "map custom fields". Another alternative is to export a blank Calendar from a new Calendar folder and then use copy and paste to paste the data in the right fields. Import that into the new calendar folder and, if all is ok, copy to your main Calendar....

disk space gone
Our storage group transaction volume for public folders and for another mail information store (not the log volume) supposedly has only 700MB left out of 24Gb. However, all the files in the volume only add up to around 9 Gb.There are only 4 files: the two stm's and the two edb's. There is no page file in the volume and I unhid system files and still didn't see any files. Do you have any idea where the rest of the 15 Gb is? I also checked the whitespace and it's up to around 167MB. On a side note, when should I be doing an offline defrag to remove this whitespace? When i...

User seeing too much data
I have a user who has changed from a view all role to a restricted view role, everything has been updated on his user profile including removing his old role and adding him to the new role but on some views within CRM he can still see data that was linked to his old role. User was a customer service rep who at one time was the owner of several hundred records and had full organizational view privlages. About 6 months ago he changed to a sales position which he now owns a new group of records and should only be able to access and see the records he owns. The records he used to own hav...

Outlook Automatically Adds Appointments to the Calendar
have Outlook XP SP3 running on WinXP Pro with SP2. When i view an appointment invitation that was sent to be in the preview pane for some reason outlook automatically adds the appointment (tentativelly) to the calendar. Searching on google.groups i found some people saying that this is the way outlook works and this behavior is by design. I really don't understand their explanation. Why previewing message in outlook would require it to add the appointment to my calendar? Some other people said to disable tracking options but that didn't help. Any other advice. Thank you very much. ...

Outlook.pst space
i want to know did outlook inbox have Space Limits? because i can't expand the inbox on my personal folder. because i had about 2G of emails. The absolute upper limit on a .PST is 2GB and most users start having problems upwards of 1GB. Look here for the information you need to hopefully recover at least some of your data: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Jay Wang" <jwang@glph...

Remote Calendar VPN
I have a server on the internet, with SBS 2003. I want to use outlook to connect to it and see the calendar and address book. I do not want to use OWA due to the fact that I need to be able to Sync with my Treo. I currently have it where I can map drives etc through VPN. I can see the files and do what I want to them. I open up Outlook and I get a error when I try to double click on the Public folders. "Unable to display the folder. The attempt to logon to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer failed" I know the user name and password is correct. I go to control panel on my worksta...

double-spacing
Hello there, I have word 2007. I need to have double spacing in between paragraphs, and single space in paragraph lines. Is there any way to do that? Go to the Paragraph Format panel (Home tab, Paragraph group, arrow at the bottom right corner) and set Line Spacing to Single (or to Exactly some number) and Space After to some amount that looks right (or to the same amount that you put under Exactly). Better yet, do this in the Paragraph Style you use for your basic text. (Ctrl-Alt-Shift-S, right-click on the name of the style you're using, choose Modify, then Format at the b...

To add a new entry into Database
can you assist me in adding a new entry into the database. I'm using MS Access and ODBC driver and i'm getting error for the function RecordSet::AddNew(); error: 'CRecordset::AddNew' : illegal call of non-static member function. Thank you in advance regards Jayanth jayanth wrote: > can you assist me in adding a new entry into the database. I'm using MS > Access and ODBC driver and i'm getting error for the function > RecordSet::AddNew(); > error: 'CRecordset::AddNew' : illegal call of non-static member > function. > > Thank you in adva...

Publisher 2007 Large Blank Spaces in E-mail
I have created a long e-mail that needs to be sent out. On the screen the spacing looks fine but when I go to the e-mail previewer the spacing is off between the text box and the autoshape at the very bottom of the e-mail (I am using Outlook 2007). If I shorten the document the spacing issues go away. Is their a workaround for this spacing problem? I have to send this out as an e-mail and not as an attachement as soon as possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! How to save your publication as a Web Archive in Publisher and share it in e-mail http://support.microsoft.com/k...

Why Can't each Calendar has its own hours per day definition??
Experts, This is more of a comment that a question and I know this has been discussed on this forum many times. I don't understand why Project (2007 or 2010) wont allow us to define hours per day for each calendar rather than using the Tools-->Options-->Calendar to use on all Calendars. I understand that it's only a conversion factor but still. My schedules have Engineering and Construction tasks. for Engineering tasks, I'm using the standard 8-5 calendar. So when I punch in 1 day for the duration i want MS Project to show me 8-5 which what it shows me now. C...

Shared Calendar #3
I understand there is a way to setup calandars in the Shared folders for users to view availability and book space for things such as meeting rooms. Couple of questions.. 1. I understand you could create a "Resource Account" How do you create a resource account and add the calendar to shared folders? 2. Do you need a different folder for each calendar or can they all go in one? Many thanks in advance. ...

Access someone elses Calendar though OWA
I currently am allowing some of my users to log onto other peoples calendars and caontacts through OWA by using the following Link http://mail.contoso.com/Exchange/J_DOE/calendar The only problem with this is that they are only allowed read access to the Calendar. I set the permissions correctly in the Mailbox and the Calendar within Outlook but the user with still cannot make any changes. Could someone please help me!!! I am hoping that it is something simple that I am overlooking!! ...

How do I combine calendar files?
I accidentally saved more than one calendar in the 'Archives' folder and want to combine them all. View the source folder in the By Category View. Select all and drag the contents to the Folder you want them in. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook "irisblues" <irisblues@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2CA9877B-47A3-48CE-830D-65E523B9898B@microsoft.com... >I accidentally saved more than one calendar in the 'Archives' folder and >want > to combine them all. ...

Money 2006 Crashes Opening Calendar
I have been using Microsot Money for years. Upgrading to next version almost every year. I have been using Money 2004 Deluxe for a while. It works great. I tried upgrading to Money 2006 Deluxe ... everything works except when I try to open the Calendar. I get the message "Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I tried a lot of different things (repairing the file many times, which shows no errors or no corruption or no broken records). I also just tried to go from 2004 to 2005. This actually works ... so I am now using Mone...

Need for sharing user's calendar for answering service using OWA
I have a requirement to allow a user's calendar to be shared over OWA for purposes of being a publishing author on another user's calendar. So I set the necessary permissions on the calendar object of the user's calendar I wanted to share in outlook to publishing author and assigned that permission to a new user. Then I pointed my browser to https://server/exchange/user/calendar and signed in as the new user who is to receive these new permissions to be able to log into the other user's calendar where "user" in the above url is the user who is granting these p...

Corrupt Calendar
Hi all. I did a search, but only found a post from 2002. Since I'm using Outlook 2007, figured I should post. Outlook opens ok. Had to use an old .pst file though, as my current one wouldn't allow Outlook to open. Oh, and I did a repair on my Microsoft office too. Inbox, Tasks and Contacts now works, but if I try to open the calendar, the hour glass doesn't go away, and I get a message saying the "not responding." So, does anyone know of a fix. btw, my phone uses ActiveSync 4.5 with Office Mobile 6.5 for synchronizing the calendar, but it is no longer s...

Calendar #2
I have Publisher 2003 and I want the calendar to start the week on Mondays. Any idea how I can do this? The default setting in Sunday. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Anne-Marie <electric_11@hotmail.com>... > I have Publisher 2003 and I want the calendar to start the > week on Mondays. Any idea how I can do this? The default > setting in Sunday. You will have to change your locale under Regional Settings in the Control Panel to a country that starts the week on a Monday. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org...

OWA client calendar config (period/time)?
When I use outlook, i can change the Calendar time table to 10 minutes. As standard setup for the OWA i shows 30 minutes tables. Can it some where within the client or on the server, be changed to show 10 Minutes insted. ? Best regards michael Bach ...

Printing Monthly Calendar
Outlook 2002, When printing a monthly style calendar two small reference calendars print at the top. One is next month and the other should be the prior month but always shows up as the same month I am printing, making it redundant. Is there a way to change that? Thanks! see if any of the solutions here apply: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar.htm#print I like the MyOutlookCalendar template or any of the Word templates. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sen...

Post form into share calendar
Hello I have this code: Public Sub DisplayForm() Set myFolder = Session.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderCalendar) Set myItem = myFolder.Items.Add("IPM.Appointment.IndianFormv1") myItem.Display End Sub Code posts custom form into my local calendar. Problem: I need to post the form into: All Public Folders - Transportation Calendar. Transportation Calendar is being pulled from exchange on remote site. Any help would be appreciated. . Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com To get a non-default folder, you need to walk the folder hierarchy using the Folders coll...

Service scheduling calendar
Is there no way to modify the service calendar to display working hours? Displaying a 24 hour day makes it almost unusable for a 9-5 business.... ...

change default settiings for spacing
I am trying to change the default setting for "Don't add space between paragraphs of the same style" by checking this box. It doesn't seem to work however. Is there something I need to do to change this default? Thanks This setting can be made only in style definitions, not in individual paragraphs or selected text or as a default for all styles. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Lucid Moose" <Lucid Moose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55B13F51-D384...

Calendar
Because of a recent 'problem' - the setting of Detail had gotten changed, I was unaware of that, and in one particular kind of 'View', many of my appointments were not displaying. OK, I clicked on Details\High and all was well with the world once again. Is this a feature that has any benefit for the typical user? This seems like a potentially dangerous option, especially for an option that is out in the open so to speak. I've learned my lesson - it will always be set to High. (Going through life High is not an option for some, but I digress.) Is this an option t...

Newbi needs a very small help, thank you very much.
Newbi needs a very small help, thank you very much. Hello everyone and thank you very much for your time. I Have a small db for invoicing and on my form (with a subform) there is a CANCEL button which will just cancel what had been selected or entered in the form ... here is the code behind the cancel button... Private Sub Cancel_Click() Me![BillsFormSub].Form.Refresh DoCmd.SetWarnings False DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acEditMenu, 8, , acMenuVer70 DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acEditMenu, 6, , acMenuVer70 DoCmd.SetWarnings True Exit_Cancel_Click: Exit Sub End Sub This was working ...