How many mailboxes on EXCH Server

Hello

Is there any way to get the number of mailboxes on particular Exchange
server/information Store. (Exchange server 2000 Ent.Ed.)

THX

Lobo
0
ib1628 (1)

Open Exchange System Manager and drill down into Administrative Groups
| Site | Servers | Server | Storage Group | Mailbox Store | Mailboxes.

Magik

Lobo <ib1628@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Is there any way to get the number of mailboxes on particular Exchange
>server/information Store. (Exchange server 2000 Ent.Ed.)

Use the AD Users and Computers snap-in.

Select the domain, right-click, and click on "Find". Then:
On the "General" tab:
Find -> Exchange Recipients
Show these recipients -> Users with Exchange mailbox

On the "Storage" tab, select the appropriate choice.
Click "Find Now".

At the lower left-hand corner you'll see the number of items found.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Exch2007: Server-side mailbox rules still run with account disabled
Hi, It looks like this may be alarming be an alarming flaw in Exchange security at least for my company's processes in regards to term'ed employee mailboxes. If somebody sets up a server-side rule that forwards all their incoming to an external address, that rule stays active even after disabling the mailbox. Is there a way to prevent this globally, or are we going to need to manually go into every single mailbox of people who leave the company and clear rules? Thanks. PVD Hello: You can disallow automatic forwarding of e-mails to external addresses globally, but ...

many-to-many relationships by Graham Mandeno
Hi to all, A couples of months ago I was looking for a good way to handle a many- to-many relationships. I finally found this sample db: http://www.accessmvp.com/KDSnell/SampleDBs.htm. It's simply great! Unfortunately it doesn't work in my case because instead of using just numeric ID to relate the table I'm make use of alphanumeric ID. In the previous: http://groups.google.it/group/microsoft.public.access.formscoding/browse_thread/thread/25f1941ea8428424/9d3fc99e39b80743?lnk=gst&q=riccifs+many#9d3fc99e39b80743 Graham told me that there was a way to give to the sample db this...

2000 Repair Now Outlook Is Dead (Connecting To Exchange Server)
I hope someone can help with this. Due to a crash I had to replace the motherboard on my PC. I am running Windows 2000 (SP4). I had to run the repair so it would start up but once it was complete everything came up accept my outlook. Everytime I try to fire it it tells me it can't access outlook.ost. I have uninstalled..re-installed..even went back to outlook 2000 but nothing works. How can I completely remove everything so that the system doesn't even know that office was installed. if that will even help. Procedures Tried: Uninstall ReInstall Repair Delete Profiles Delete ENTI...

mailbox manager for single user
Hi, I had setup a mailbox management policy for a single user to purge emails from his deleted folder. However on generating report for test runs, exchange basically runs the policy through all the mailboxes. My LDPA rule is as this (&(mailnickname=david)) I had tried a number of other queries targetting this user, but they don't work. I had 2 other email policy for all users in the recipient policy folder. Anyone can assist me? Thanks Hi David, did you ever get this problem resolved? i'm having the exact same issue, despite any criteria i assign to the policy, it always...

user receiving mailbox warnings in wrong language
I have a user that is receiving the standard System Administrator "over your limit" warnings in French since Thursday of last week. He was receiving them in English prior to that, but for some reason the system has decided to switch languages in mid stream. I've checked the regional settings on the mail server and it's configured for English, and have sent an email to a bogus address and the NDR came back in English. Any idea why this user would suddenly start getting French sys admin warnings? Something configurable at the user level? Thanks for any insight. Phi...

"Too many different cell formats" error
Receiving this pop up error message when opening a .xls file. File will not open. Any suggestions on how to fix and save file? Hi Lorena XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213904 David McRitchie posted this Leo Heuser posted a macro 2001-05-06 in programming as a very major revision of the macro in the eee007 article. http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=OxP9cgi1AHA.1572%40tkmsftngp02 -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Lorena" <lorena.l.solano@convergys.com...

NDR's for mailbox in OU
Hello all, Got a problem. I just stepped into a new company and am trying to clean up the mess that my predecessor's left for me (so bear with me). Background info: W2K SP3 AD (mixed mode)/E2K SP3(mixed mode) w/ Ex5.5 SP4 (bridgehead and IMC). My issue is this; there is an OU that did not have a CA setup for it within ADC (on DC). Therefore any users that where mail-enabled within this OU could not receive any internet mail (being that the IMC was on a legacy 5.5 box). I setup a CA for this OU to replicate it to the Ex5.5 DIR to enable Internet mail. However, now the mail is getting bou...

mailbox rights
I have two users in AD, one is myself, and the other is a coworker who is also an admin. When I go to my user properties, under exchange advanced, I have a button "Mailbox Rights", but the other admin does not have this button? What gives? We are both members of administrators and domain admin. ...

Should this be one to Many or Many to Many.. Relationship
Hi, New to Access learning... I have Table 1.. Publisher Table 2.. Books I was wondering .. Should I create Transient Third Table e.g. BooksPublisher.. Or Should I put PublisherID key AS Foreign key into Books Table ? which would be Practical E.g Books Publishers BooksNPublishers Pk BookID Pk PublisherID PK BookPublisherID Fk BookID ...

FindResultInDC: The server is not operational
Has anyone encountered the following error when deploying plug-ins via the PluginDevelper? I'm getting this error with a simple plug-in. This is a single solution in the registration file. The strange part is, there are two steps in this solution. If I have both steps uncommented then it fails with this error (see below). If I comment out one step (doesn't matter which one) it registeres fine. This error came from the platform trace: [2009-07-06 20:50:37.3] Process: w3wp |Organization:c9b12801-4fbc-dd11-a814-001cc4ecc458 |Thread: 14 |Category: Exception |User: 1fabb82f...

Server localhost is not responding #2
I'm attempting to add a user to CRM using deployment manager. I'm at my server and logged in as Administrator. When I select user manager and then double click on my organization name, the user manager is displayed on the right hand side of the MMC. If I click on refresh, I get the following error. 'Server localhost is not responding. This might happen if it is currently unavailable,it is not a Microsoft CRM server, or you do not have sufficient privileges to run User Manager. For more information, contact your system administrator. Well, I'm the system adminis...

Can you Run 2 Servers 1 GP(64bit) and 1 Analysis Server (32 bit)?
I am trying to install GP9 SP3 on a Windows Server (64bit) and SQL2005 Analysis Services on a different server, Windows 2003 SP2 (32 bit). Will this configuration work? or does both GP9 and Analysis services need to be running on Window2003 Server in 32 bit mode? I know of one client that is running GP 10.0 on a 64bit Windows server. Your configuration should work. Jim "Peter" wrote: > I am trying to install GP9 SP3 on a Windows Server (64bit) and SQL2005 > Analysis Services on a different server, Windows 2003 SP2 (32 bit). > > Will this configuration work? ...

OOps Mailbox Move Failed
E2k3 on 2K3. I was moving my CEOs 800MB mailbox to a different storage group on the same server. It took a while but then seemed to hang when making changes to the directory. I checked the app log and found 4 viruses in his deleted items. After a while my TS session quit. When I logged back in I found his mailbox had not moved from the original storage group and there was another mailbox with his name in the new storage group but was slightly smaller. I'm thinking the mailbox move did not finish and I can safely delete the NEW mailbox on the NEW storage group. Thanks. Fred ...

Database size not reflecting Mailbox size
My database size is roughly 15.9 GB on my Exchange 2003 Standard version. The priv1.edb file is 8.5 GB and the priv1.stm is 7.4 GB. This however doesn't reflect the total mailbox size when I sort by size in Exchange System Manager and add them up. That total size through Exchange System Manager is 6 GB. I do normal backups (full, flush committed logs) and keep 14 days worth of deleted data. I have been teetering on the 16 GB limit for 2 months now so I am convinced any large deleted items would have been cleared out by now in the deleted repository. Does anyone have an idea th...

How to add second exchange serverl in the organization in the Exch
I want to implement OWA with Exchange Server 2003 and would like my exchange server to act as the front-end and back-end at the same time. When I go to properties of the exchage server in the Exchange System manager and choose the option "This is a front end server" I get this message: "You can not designate this server as a front end server because this is the only server in the organization. ID No: c1034a0c Exchange System Manager" I am new to EXCHANGE: Please advice me hot to add another server in the organization? Many thanks, Front end servers cannot host an...

When forwarding an email how many recipients can I send it to?
I got an error response when I forwarded an email to many in my address book. It said, something about too many recipients. How many is too many? I set a 300 recipient limit to my Exchange users at work. This is set at my server level. Quote from http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA012002371033.aspx Many e-mail service providers set limits for the number of names that can be in the To, Cc, and Bcc fields in a message. For example, your e-mail service provider may limit each message to a maximum of 100 e-mail addresses. If these addresses can be distributed among the To, Cc, and ...

2102 All Domain Controller Servers in use are not responding
Experts, Running Windows Server 2003 SP1. Exchange SP2 and IIS 6.0. This is basically a single-server DC (with Exchange) pointing to itself for DNS and running Active Directory. Concerning the below 2102 error for DSAccess, this DC was actually up at the time of the error and is not very busy. I do not understand why DSAccess would think it wasn't responding. Is there somewhere I can go to check the DSAccess settings, for example, wait a longer time before declaring a DC as not responding? Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeDSAccess Event Category: Topology Event ID: 2...

Too many clicks! Available formats box
Hello folks I have a client who is unhappy with the amount of clicks in Word 2007. One particular frustration is the Insert Date and Time Available Formats box. Is there anyway to get Word 2007 to just insert the default Date without the additional steps of the format box? I know to the average person, it's not a big deal but this user lives in a pressure cooker and needs the useability of Word 2007 to make things faster, not slower. Thanks for your suggestions! Bill Hole MCTS, SBSC Ask the client to add the Date & Time command to the Quick Access Toolbar ...

question about mailbox.pst file
I recently got a new computer and transferred my Outlook mailbox. All the mail folders were intact and everything worked fine except that all my calendar notations were somehow lost in the shuffle. If anyone has any clues about where they might have gone, I'd appreciate hearing them. A more vexing problem is that when I looked for the mailbox file in the new computer today, I found that the last one was dated about ten days ago, the day it was transferred to this computer. In the past, I think Outlook undated this file whenever I closed the program. Can someone tell me why this isn&#...

"Remove from server when deleted from "Deleted Items" not working
Using Outlook 2003. Account set to "Remove from server when deleted from "Deleted Items", but, they stay on the web server until the server deletes or I get the "almost full message, and go purge them. Is this an Outlook issue or server side? Thanks, Dob On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 04:28:55 GMT, Dob wrote: > Using Outlook 2003. > Account set to "Remove from server when deleted from "Deleted Items", but, > they stay on the web server until the server deletes or I get the "almost > full message, and go purge them. > Is this an Outlook issue o...

Too many many-to-many?
To all, I hope you can shed some light on this for me. I am using Access 2003. I have three main tables 1) Project 2) Contractor 3) Service (general contracting, soil testing, architecture, etc) I have two 'join' tables to create a m:m relationship between Projects and Contractors and Contractors and Services a) ProjectContractorJoin b) ContractorServiceJoin I would like to be able to create a form where I can select a project, then select one or more contractors, then select one or more services that each contractor could offer (and track when they start and end those services...

Formatting in sql server reports
I have some sql server report service 2008 reports that will be exported to word 2007 documents. Are there any formatting features I should be aware of so these SSRS 2008 reports will not have formatting problems? I want to make certain that all the data is displayed appropriately for one page. I want to make certain there are not page breaks between different sections of the reports, data that show be one one page does not overflow to two or more pages. Thus, can you tell me what the export formatting options are that I can use? Would I need to use the formatting options w...

Too many fields
I have a table and I think it is normalized based on other postings I have read. There are about 500 object<->value pairs, that needs to be tracked for 500 different objects on every single day of the year. And, all 500 objects should have a value for that day. Object 1-30 is about one topic, Object 31-60 is about another topic, etc. tblObjects, I have 500 records like this (pk) fldObjectID - autonum fldObjectName - Text 50 tblObjectValues, (pk) fldDate - Date/Time (pk) fldObjectID - (fk) to tblObjects fldObjectValue - integer Now, I want to show the 500 records of tblObjects ...

question on CRM Server license
We have an existing CRM 3.0 installation. We want to build a back up CRM server / database server for disaster recovery. This will be used only if the main server goes down some some reason. My question is, do I need to buy a second CRM server license for this scenario? ...

Exchange 2000 mailbox moves script
I have to move about a million mailboxes between storage groups and servers. Is there a script that can move mailboxes? Using CDOEXM you can do that. Check out http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2000/maintain/ex2kwsh.mspx#EHAA for some information on that. Be sure to deal with the error results as gracefully as you can to prevent stoppages. That's a lot of mailboxes and it would suck if the process stopped half-way through :) "ws_burroughs" <killminus99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:415f52c7$1@usenet01.boi.hp.com... >I have to move about ...