I am playing around with OWA in 2007 and exploring the "documents" feature of
OWA that allows users to view Windows file shares by UNC.

There is the individual "add to favories" option, but does anyone know of a
way to administratively specify a favorite for all users?  The alternative
seems to be logon as each user to setup the same favorite--surely that is not
the only way?

Thanks for any help!

Evan

Make Default

C00D11C7 on a ASF file under a less priviledged user account 01-27-10
Hello, Wanted to look at some ASF high quality videos from PDC09. I run XP SP3 fr with WMP 11. Files use VC-1 AP and WMA ,9 PRO as GSpot says, or 10 PRO CBR as the ASF metadata says; one example file is here: http://ecn.channel9.msdn.com/o9/pdc09/wmvhigh/FT34.wmv These files play when using a privileged (Local Administrators member) account. They play under GSpot in the preview panel running as a less privileged user. But they don't play in WMP 11 in the same account on the same machine. I searched this particular user registry hive for abnormal things (by comparing to the ...

Missing flagged msg in "For Follow Up" favorite
Hi! I've just added a second mailbox that is shared with my colleagues. The problem is when i flag the messages in this new shared mailbox, they don't appear in the "For follow up" in my favorites. how can i make them appear? Thanks in advance for your help! Gui -- Guigui Correct as the For Follow Up Search Folder is per mailbox only. If you are only keeping the flagged items in a single folder of the secondary mailbox, then you can apply a view filter to that folder to only see the flagged items. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsof...

making a transfer show up in the budget

making tickets

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

Exchange2003SP2 or Office2003SP2 removed user local delete right to favorite public folder
Hi there, Tested that after installing exchange2003sp2, or office2003sp2, it removed user's local delete right to favorite public folder, in which I got 2 major problems: 1. user don't have access right to "save as msg" after opening a favorite public folder email 2. user don't have access right to delete opened favorite public folder emails In both cases said "You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or your system administrator" Wondering if any furhter exchange/office hotfix to fix it? Ma...

How to use user defined messages correctly?
hi! i am using two user defined messages (WM_USER + 1 and WM_USER + 2) to update my UI from within a worker thread - everything is going fine for a unpredictable time (let's say from one day up to a few weeks...) but certainly the screen turns into grey. the app still works in the background but the screen keeps grey. i am not sure but most likely i believe that this has to do with those messages - so is there anything wrong in definition or usage? #define WM_UPDATE_SOMETHING WM_USER + 1 call from within the worker thread: m_pDisplay->PostMessage( WM_UPDATE_SOMETHING, 0, 0 ); is ...

Password Prompt When I Close an Excel Document I Opened in a Web Browser
Hi, Each time I close an excel document it prompts me a username and a password. I found an article (Q324328) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=324328 in Microsoft support web site about the same issue with Word. I tried to apply the same solution but it didnt work. The document is on our Intranet. If i enter a userID who has permission to write to the folder where th doc is stored it works. Internet guest account has list content right. Any ideas? Thanks Lenny ...

How to make VLOOKUP work for this

redirecting OWA default website
Can anyone tell me of any possible drawbacks in the future of configuring the default website for OWA to automatically redirect to the /exchange virtual directory? for some reason typing /exchange to the OWA url was an issue, so I was asked to make http://mail.mydomain.com automatically redirect so OWA would load normally then. I did this a while ago and it works fine, but I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't cause any headaches in the future. Todd "Todd Seagraves" <nospam_todd.seagraves@gbe.com> wrote in message news:i3f%c.17652$8X2.13382@newssvr22.news.pro...

User Profiles
I have several Win XP and 2000 machines on a 2003 domain. I configured a user profile on each machine and then copied it to the Default profile for anyone that logs on. I have one machine that must have had outlook configured before we copied the profile. Now anyone that logs into that machine gets the same outlook profile. Instead of creating a new PST file for each user it reads the original PST file out of the original user profile. Hmmmm.... I didn't think personal settings got copied across. Can anyone help me correct this. (Maybe this is more of an XP issue but, I will start ...

Make Personal Calendar Read Only

OWA/Exchange lockout question
Is there any way of stopping someone that knows my username from deliberately locking out my account by using OWA to repeatedly entering a spurious password until it the account is locked out. I know i can set lockout times to say 15 minutes but is there anything else i can do? Does anyone else do anything to get around this problem? TIA On 18 Aug 2006 01:41:31 -0700, "matchbox" <george.taylor@hants.gov.uk> wrote: >Is there any way of stopping someone that knows my username from >deliberately locking out my account by using OWA to repeatedly entering >a spurious p...

sending mail from another user's inbox as that user
How can make a user access another user's inbox, but have the person send mail as the owner's name? The permissions on this have to be set on the Exchange Server. See the following Knowledge Base article. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb; [LN];Q327000 The end user that will be sending the message will also want to make sure to select the "From field" in the New message view. You may also have to set up Delegate Access on the Outlook client. (Tools, Options, Delegates) >-----Original Message----- >How can make a user access another user's...

Configuration of OWA in SBS 2003 assist request
How could I create my OWA in the inner site without SSL. Today we are working with redirection from http to https with just 80 port open in the firewall and our SBS 2003 have just one Network interface that use also to the outside publishing and to the inner site. Also I need to create the inner site login to the OWA will be with out the form base authentication because of some workers are working with Linux and some of the properties in the Exchange are looks as emails not calander, notes or tasks (the login need to be as in OWA from Exchange 5.5). Thanks in advanced, ...

OWA not working.
Hi, I have an exchange system, where i have created a new website under IIS .After configuration of the new website i am able get it from the URL , but the problem it that before the starting of the new website, the OWA is working from the URL by giving "http://computername/exchange",now it is not working at all from the URl. If i come under IIS -->default website --->exchange and give browse it is showing the OWA of administrator.and If i stop the new website, the OWA is getting fr...

CRM Contacts on Blackberry not owned by user
Ok, we have 13 users that have blackberries. They want to be able to see a larger list of users on their blackberries from CRM, but they do not own the contacts they want to see. many of them need to be able to communicate with the same Contact. I want to avoid a 3rd party provider on the blackberries if possible. Can this be done? Thanks, Ken This is what I do, setup each user's outlook crm client to synch the contacts they to outlook. You'll have to create a new data group based on a query. Set CRM to synch to outlook. The key is creating a new data group that pulls the cont...

How to modify the password of AD user?
How to modify the password of AD user? The user cannot modify it by himself. You cant modify password in CRM. CRM uses Active Directory, so to change password you have to do it from Active Directory. "Frank" wrote: > How to modify the password of AD user? > The user cannot modify it by himself. > > > Can I find other way to modify the AD password on web? "Damir" <Damir@discussions.microsoft.com> д����Ϣ����:24F9DDA9-DF94-4C72-B1A7-6E4BE78B11F1@microsoft.com... > You cant modify password in CRM. > > CRM uses Active Directory, so to ...