How do you enable Out of Office replies to go out of office?

I have tried

ESM/Global Settings/Internet Message Format/Default/Properties/Advanced tab

Exchange rich-text format: Determined by individual user settings

Message text word wrap: never use

ENABLED Allow out of office responses
ENABLED Allow automatic replies
ENABLED Allow automatic forward
ENABLED Allow delivery reports
ENABLED Allow non-delivery reports
ENABLED Preserve sender's display name on message

Out of office responses still go in-house only. Please help.

Stop and start the SMTP service and the MTA.  Worst case scenario is that
you will have to stop and start all of the Exchange services.  Generally,
however, stopping the SMTP service and MTA will re-load these settings when
they are started again.

Bob
"matthewshepherd" <matthewshepherd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:D52A50EE-42E6-4A60-8F6D-B0B5CFC53533@microsoft.com...
>I have tried
>
> ESM/Global Settings/Internet Message Format/Default/Properties/Advanced
> tab
>
> Exchange rich-text format: Determined by individual user settings
>
> Message text word wrap: never use
>

> ENABLED Allow out of office responses
> ENABLED Allow automatic replies
> ENABLED Allow automatic forward
> ENABLED Allow delivery reports
> ENABLED Allow non-delivery reports
> ENABLED Preserve sender's display name on message
>
> Out of office responses still go in-house only. Please help.

0
BobChristian (293)
6/22/2005 5:48:59 AM
could your firewall be blocking that type of content?

0
fernandor (8)

Office 2008 installation problem

Microsoft Office 2007
I am so confused with this Ribbon in Office 2007. Can someone please try to explain why has Microsoft decided to get rid of teh Menu bar that we all were so accostomed to? Is it one of their marketing strategy or just a more better way of using Office? I stubbled upon this website http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/training-manuals/ where they do have FREE manuals for all teh Office packages but I couldn't really make head or tail out of them. If anybody does go there and understand the manuals please let me know !I would be really intersted specially the MS Office 2007 version! Cheers R Y...

Outlook 2003 in Office
Problems: I want Outlook to be my default mail. I upgraded Office from Office XP to Office 2003. I had no problems with Office XP, moving around from program to program, using my calendar for everything and synchronizing. But, Office 2003 has been nothing but problems. I used the trial version and liked it better. Help, plz. Thanks, RAJ What sort of problems? -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "rjones" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

[ANN] Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac Service Pack 2 (12.2.0) available for download
The Office 2008 for Mac 12.2.0 SP2(SP2) Update is a combo updater. It includes all the updaters since 12.1.0 (SP1). You can download the combo from Mactopia or via the AutoUpdater (under Help in the Menu bar). This updater does not include Exchange Web Services (EWS). Users that have the EWS beta installed should not use this updater. EWS and Office for Mac SP2 are independent development efforts and their release dates are not linked. Expect more announcements in the coming weeks. Continue reading for more info: <http://tinyurl.com/mma5ux> -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage...

The Office Assistant could not be started ...
OK this is driving me crazy. I have tried everything including, repair, add more VM, updates... It clears up for a few times, but always comes back. This user does have outlook 2003 with office 2000 on XPpro sp2 What to do FT You cannot use tools and share info such as Word as email editor with 2 diff versions of Office. Upgrade to Office 2003 for all components. Versions must match all thru the suite. "MSNews" wrote: > OK this is driving me crazy. I have tried everything including, repair, > add more VM, updates... It clears up for a few > times, b...

Force outlook to go to AD to get Exchange server name
I've this quesitons about Microsoft Outlook 2000/2003 clients (MAPI) for Exchange 2000 and 2003 servers. How can I force the Outlook clients to go to AD to find out which exchange server is holding the mailbox of the user? I want to do that every time clients starts or refresh it if it is already running. This way I don't have to reconfigure (or "Check Name") them whenever I move mailbox of the user from one exchange server to another in the organization. Thanks RD You shouldn't have to do that. When Outlook connects, it should get the Home Server attribute f...

Enable automatic query refresh for all workbooks?
I know there's a way (according to a KB article on Office 2000 SR1), and in Office XP I must have turned this off somehow, since my workbook didn't ask me everytime if it should refresh or not, but I can't seem to find where this checkbox is in Office 2003! This checkbox has been removed in XL2003 for security reasons. You cannot off the prompt using the XL interface. Modifying the following registry key will give you the same effect: Path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel\Options Key: QuerySecurity Values: 0 = Prompt on all workbooks 1 = Do Not Prom...

Out of office #4
One user cannot disable out of office function, and another user cannot access it. This is not a rights issue. We have searched the knowledge base, but found nothing. Anybody have any solutions? ...

SMTP connector with outbound security enabled, enables authentication for all other connectors!!?!
Hi, *I have so far tested this on two Exchange Orgs. One being our live platform and the other our test enviroment. Both are running Active Directory native mode for 2003, with Exchange 2003 and Exchange SP1*. Right this is my scenario: I have two SMTP connectors, one is the default 'Internet' with a cost of 1 and address space of *. The other is called 'Admin users' has the a cost of 20 with the address space of * also. Our Front end exchange servers; let's call them: 'EXFE1 and EXFE2' are the local bridgeheads for both connectors. The Internet connector by de...

Office v.X on Tiger?
Are there any compatibility issues if I upgrade to tiger (i Mac G4) without upgrading MS Office v. X too? Thanks Hi David, Office v.X should continue to run just fine in Tiger. -Jim -- Jim Gordon Mac MVP MVP FAQ <http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;mvpfaqs> David wrote: > Are there any compatibility issues if I upgrade to tiger (i Mac G4) without > upgrading MS Office v. X too? > > Thanks > ...

Office Help
Will someone please tell me where Office Help is? I have Office Home & Student 2007 and am really a novice. Sorry to bother everyone here. Dave __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4743 (20100104) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com "David Dyke" <dld@rglobal.net> wrote in message news:hht5ts0bva@enews1.newsguy.com... > Will someone please tell me where Office Help is? > > I have Office Home & Student 2007 and am really a novice. ...

Enabling Circular Logging
Hi all. I am performing backups of my exchange DB's over the internet starting today. The company I am doing this with suggested enabling circular logging on the Exchange server to avoid backing up unnesseccary data and to svae over the wire bamdwidth. Can anyone explain to me what it is, and how to enble it? I have Exchange 2003 standard server with SP1. Thanks!!!! On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 08:51:01 -0800, "redrobit" <redrobit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all. I am performing backups of my exchange DB's over the internet >starting today. The compa...

Money product feature replies from Microsoft
I am trying to determine if I want to buy MS Money and convert from Quicken. I have been unable to locate any Microsoft URL or email address for feature information. All I find is support links which want to charge for product I already own. Is there a pre-sales site or email address in which Microsoft will respond to product feature questions? Thanks, MP Try the links on the following URL, they may give you what you want. http://www.mvps.org/money/support.htm -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK W...

MS Outlook and SP3 for office
We have just installed SP3 for MS Office. We now get the following message from Microsoft Outlook. A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "no" We are then given the option to Allow access for x minutes. This occurs when a fax in received or a PDA is synchronizing or a fax message came into the computer. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact....

Enable macros
I've got a fairly compex workbook with lots of named ranges. I've been using and updating this WB for over a year. All of a sudden, I now get the following message every time I enter something in any field: "The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help or documentation of the host application to determine how to enable macros." I don't have any macros in this workbook. Les ...

IE6
I inadvertently checked the "Do not show me this message again" box, but, as I like to know when I am being re-directed to or from a secure site, I would like to re-enable it. Is is possible, please? Kate Kate wrote: > I inadvertently checked the "Do not show me this message again" box, > but, as I like to know when I am being re-directed to or from a secure > site, I would like to re-enable it. Is is possible, please? Have you looked at the settings for the security zone (probably the Internet security zone) under which the unidentified web...

Determining if hibernation is enabled
Hi, I'm using SetSuspendState(TRUE, FALSE, FALSE) to put the pc in into hibernation, which only works if hibernation is enabled. How can I determine whether hibernation is enabled before calling, so I can report as much to my users? I'm working with VS2008, targetting XP and Vista. Thanks, Steph IsPwrHibernateAllowed\ GetPwrCapabilities or CallNtPowerInformation(Maybe it's better way) "Steph" <steph@newsgroups.nospam> д����Ϣ news:92169931-7711-41D8-A88E-6C6092343D40@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'm using SetSuspendState(TRUE, FALSE, FALSE) to put...

Office Smart Tag Manager for GP 10 installation
I am trying to install Office Smart Tag Manager in GP 10 server, but there is no Server Installation option, only Client Installation Option. I checked my GP 10 server, it meets the system requirement for Office Smart Tag Manager installation requirement: member of AD domain/GP10/SQL 2005/MDAC2.8/Loacl Admin user Not sure why there is no Serve installation option for me. Please help. Thanks, Kevin ...

set enable & disable of button (VC 6.0)
Hello, For VC 6.0 (MFC) : How can I set the enable/disable state of that button ? Thanks :) this is not going to work buddy ....... read a book ..... "Eitan M" <no_spam_please@nospam_please.com> wrote in message news:ewfJoieGHHA.1232@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, > For VC 6.0 (MFC) : > How can I set the enable/disable state of that button ? > > Thanks :) > hi Eitan, Try following, //To Enable button...at run time ...IDB_MYBUTTON is ID of your botton GetDlgItem(IDB_MYBUTTON)->EnableWindow(TRUE); //To Disab...

Enable/disable EDIT Menu's PASTE item according to clipboarb's format
Env: Windows2000, VC++6.00, MFC, . I have a CView based application, which deals with BITMAP. Since application can receive pasting operation coming from clipboard only for BITMAP format, so I hope that ID_EDIT_PASTE item on "Edit" Menu and ID_EDIT_PASTE button on toolbar can be enabled/disabled automatically according to the current clipboard format. I know I can do that if I put IsClipboardFormatAvailable(CF_BITMAP) into ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI(ID_EDIT_PASTE, OnUpdateEditPaste) as follows, void CMainFrame::OnUpdateEditPaste(CCmdUI* pCmdUI) { pCmdUI->Enable( IsClipboardFormatAva...

Lead Alert emails are going into salesmen's outlook junk folder
CRM 3.0 We have a rule created that when a new Lead is saved an email goes out to all the business developers stating a new Lead with information, extracted from the Lead, in the body of the email. Often, but not all the time, a Lead Alert email is automatically moved into their Junk Mail folder (Outlook 2003). Is this a bug with a fix? Have you ever encountered this problem? If so, how did you resolve it? -- Thank you, scrowley(AT)littleonline.com can you add the sender(s) to the safe-senders list in OL - that should eliminate them being marked as junk. Dave Ireland "Sandy Cro...

Replies "invisible" in Outlook 2003
Hi: I am running Outlook 2003, SP1 (though this problem was there before SP1) and Windows XP, SP1. I have one person with whom I regularly exchange e-mail whose replies do *NOT* show up in the "Reading Pane" or when I "open" the reply but his response *DOES* appear in the couple of "autopreview" lines if I turn that on. My original e-mail was HTML format. This does not appear to happen when I start the exchange with a plain text e-mail. What I see in the "Reading Pane" or when I "open" the message appears to be just what I sent the per...

Microsoft Office 2003 Outlook
I have just migrated from Outlook Express to Office 2003 Outlook. Regular customer lead emails I receive include the prospective customers email address - since changing over the email addresses are no longer active links - how can I rectify this? what is the message format? if html, do they have mailto tags? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutio...

Postcard indicating an office move.
I am looking for a good layout for sending out a mailing letting my clients know that I have moved. Have you tried the built in templates? Lots of Word templates you could adapt http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/results.aspx?Scope=TC&Query=moved -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Tim Roe" <Tim Roe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2BB621D1-584D-4539-ACD9-1A8D810953D6@microsoft.com... >I am looking for a good layout for sending out a mailing letting my clients > know that I have ...

Can I convert publisher 98 document into Office 2000?
Have publisher 98 w/letterhead in it. Want to be able to use it in Office 2000. It won't let me. How do I do this, or why can't I. On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 20:15:30 +0000, Rose wrote (in article <73D82831-0340-4C2C-B4A9-37590EDAC797@microsoft.com>): > Have publisher 98 w/letterhead in it. Want to be able to use it in Office > 2000. It won't let me. How do I do this, or why can't I. <sigh> Another idiot who thinks we're psychic. What does "it won't let me" mean? Do you receive any errors. Do you have NAV and, if so, have you disabled th...