How do you clean out the exchsrvr\imcdata\queue.bad folder

Hi

I'm noticing the the queue.bad folder is growing over time. What is the best
practice to delete or cleare this file.

exc 5.5

Thanks you

Mike

0
spam_x (3)

It is not folder on my server, it is file. Leave it alone.

Mike D wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm noticing the the queue.bad folder is growing over time. What is the best
> practice to delete or cleare this file.
>
> exc 5.5
>
> Thanks you
>
> Mike

0
kpalagin1 (1216)
1/28/2004 3:23:23 PM
Hi Kirill,

Yep it's a file, but it's grown to about 2 gig causing me to have to use
another tape for backup. I'd like to get it back down to a more managable
size, any suggestions?

Thanks
Mike

"Kirill S. Palagin" <kpalagin@nomail.phxint.please.ru> wrote in message
> It is not folder on my server, it is file. Leave it alone.
>
> Mike D wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I'm noticing the the queue.bad folder is growing over time. What is the
best
> > practice to delete or cleare this file.
> >
> > exc 5.5
> >
> > Thanks you
> >
> > Mike

0
spam_x (3)
1/28/2004 7:50:14 PM
Set IMC to Flush Queues

Stop IMC
Rename IMCDATA
Set IMC back to Inbound/Outbound
Start IMC

Make sure everything is ok and remove old IMCDATA folder.

--
Hope that helps,
Dan Townsend

"Mike D" <spam_x@dattron.com> wrote in message
> Hi Kirill,
>
> Yep it's a file, but it's grown to about 2 gig causing me to have to use
> another tape for backup. I'd like to get it back down to a more managable
> size, any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
> Mike
>
> "Kirill S. Palagin" <kpalagin@nomail.phxint.please.ru> wrote in message
> > It is not folder on my server, it is file. Leave it alone.
> >
> > Mike D wrote:
> >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > I'm noticing the the queue.bad folder is growing over time. What is
the
> best
> > > practice to delete or cleare this file.
> > >
> > > exc 5.5
> > >
> > > Thanks you
> > >
> > > Mike

0
dtown (976)

Folder replication between 2 servers 2003
hi can anybody help ? situation = 2 servers 2003 in 1 domein active dir etc = ok exchange install on both = ok folder replication = you can configure replication from server => backup-srvr but nothing happens .. also exchange on backup-srvr does not start unless server is started in active dir ( users etc) / ms Exchange system objects, i can see 2 folders that I replicated , instead of 50.. in exchange system manager those 2 folders can propagate settings , the other folders cannot ( choice is grayed) PS1 these 2 folders have been added recently , the others were migrated from Echange...

Contacts in Folder List
On my previous installation of Outlook 2003 I used to have mail folders, contact folders and the calendar all listed arranged on the left side under my mailbox (see below). Since re-installing Outlook 2003 on a Windows 7 machine my contacts and my calendar are shown as buttons at the bottom of the folder list. So far I have been unable to get them back into the folder list. Is it possible, and if so, how? FNL Mail Folder Calendar Contacts Deleted Items Drafts Inbox etc. Why don't you just click the Folder View button at the bottom of the Navigation Pan...

Clean-up in OnDestroy
Hi, In my dialog based MFC application I put all clean-up code into OnClose (). Recently I noticed that calling EndDialog () closes the application but without executing OnClose (). So I move my clean-up code into OnDestroy (). May this cause any validity problems? Thanks in advance What are you cleaning up? If the cleanup does not require access to the controls then you should put the cleanup code in the destructor. AliR. "K�r�at" <xx@yy.com> wrote in message news:OGiL391tIHA.4560@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > In my dialog based MFC application I p...

Problem
I have Exchange 2003 running on a Windows Server 2003 DC (one of 2 in the dom.) We recently tried to add a public folder in Outlook and were told we didn't have rights. So I went to the Exchange server and opened ESM, navigated to the FSM/Folders folder (where I can plainly see "Public Folders" object) and I right clicked on Public Folders to create a sub tree. I Immediately got the following message (when right clicking on Public Folders ) Invalid Argument Facility: Win32 ID no: 80070057 Exchange System Manager I found nothing on the web about this error...

Spam folder was deleted
I have a user who accidently deleted her spam folder in Outlook 2003. Is there any way to recreate it? Rose Milligan <name@email.com> wrote: > I have a user who accidently deleted her spam folder in Outlook 2003. > Is there any way to recreate it? Try starting Outlook once with the /resetfolders command line switch. -- Brian Tillman Will she lose any of her other folders if I do that? "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:unFgSHg$GHA.4604@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Rose Milligan <name@email.com> wrote: > >> I hav...

clean a photo
where do I get the toolbar for help in cleaning up a photo. the tool bar was there now it is not. please I need help I wasn't aware that Visio allowed you to edit bitmapped images... but if you had originally pasted your image in from another program (as an OLE object), when you double-click on that object, the container application should boot up, and the toolbars on the screen would change as well. Perhaps that is what happened. What kind of features did the toolbar have? Did you create the image in another application? - Jeff Chapman "tupskeeke" <tupskeeke@discussions...

mailbox.pst is not a personal folders file
Hello, One of my users receives the following message when he tries to open up his Microsoft Outlook 2000: The action could not be completed. The file ...\mailbox.pst is not a personal folders file. It was working earlier in the day how could mailbox.pst not be a personal folders file anymore? What can I do to make it a personal folders file again? Thanks. Make sure the path is correct. If outlook is trying to load from a path to the user's profile, and that profile has changed, been moved, copied, etc. the path will be wrong. So, Double-check that full path, and search the...

change encoding for multiple items/folders
I would like to know if there is a way to set different encoding to multiple items (messages) I receive? for example - i 'm receiving messages from some users in hebrew, but default encoding is cyrilic(windows). i've created a rule and messages from those senders are moved to specific folder now, i would like to set encoding for all messages in this folder. Thank You.. gebroi@gmail.com <gebroi@gmail.com> wrote: > I would like to know if there is a way to set different encoding to > multiple items (messages) I receive? > for example - i 'm receiving messages from ...

Organizing mail folders in Outlook
Is there a better way to organize my +100 mail folders in Outlook? I have a very difficult time trying to scroll and read each +100 or more folders. Thanks very much. "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75E81ACD-ADCE-405C-A1DF-95B9F99F60BF@microsoft.com... > Is there a better way to organize my +100 mail folders in Outlook? I have a > very difficult time trying to scroll and read each +100 or more folders. "Better" is different for everyone. Moreover, since we have no idea how you're organizing them now, there'...

Office X 'clean' reinstall: delete all old files?
I'm about to try installing the latest bug-fix collection, sorry. "security update" for Office X, 10.1.6. I'm hoping it might reduce the frequency of Word's charming crashes. Who knows, I might get lucky and it'll even fix the completely messed up 'contact' feature in Word that is grayed out most of the time, but when it decides to work, will only list the 'A's' from my address book. Just useless. Anyway, back to the plot: since my Office X is so bent out of shape, I figure I'll do a 'clean install' from the original disk first, then...

Public Folders in Outlook 2003
I'm running Office 2003 and I'm trying to get some of the folders in Outlook that are under the 'Public Folders' to appear in my top level favorites. I don't seem to see how to do it and the one place that I see that refers to toplevel favorites is greyed out. Any ideas on where I need to go to fix? Thanks add them to public folder favorites first -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook ...

Junk mail in Exchange queue with no sender
I am bombarded each day with over 300 junk msgs sitting in the Exchange 5.5 outbound queue. They have a null sender field. I assume that they are spyware/cookies trying to report home, but the addresses aren't making it anymore. Sure, I can (and will) try to get spyware cleaned up on all user mailboxes, but in general, surely there's something simple I'm missing to eliminate this trash???? TIA Steve If the originator column shows <>, then it's an NDR from Exchange. It's probably trying to send NDR's to domains that sent you invalid emails. -- This posting is p...

Using namespaces? I've some messy nested contexts that I want to clean up...
Hi, I've got the following code structure Class A { ... private: Class B { public: enum C { ENUM X } C MyVar; C MyFunc() } } So for function definitions in B I have to write A::B::C A::B::MyFunc() and for objects of B in A if(pb->MyVar==B::ENUM_X) It's all just a bit messy. Isn't it. Someone please help. Regards. ...

Show Tasks Pane similar to folder list
Hi all. In my installation of Outlook, I have a button labelled 'Tasks' at the left of the screen, under my folders list. Is it possible to have the Tasks as a 'toolbar' at the side of the screen? Rgds Duncs No but OL2007 adds a To Do bar akin to what I think you're asking for. "Duncs" <True.Kilted.Scot@gmail.com> wrote in message news:fb76a250-5418-44a3-bcbf-c77487bbafe3@d1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Hi all. > > In my installation of Outlook, I have a button labelled 'Tasks' at the > left of the screen, under my folders list. ...

Outlook 2000: Accidentally moved folder into Outlook today
I have lost a couple of folders, so searched for some emails in them and have realized that I have accidnetally moved the folders into Outlook Today., so cannot see them or the emails inside folders. How do I see folders and/or restore them back into personal folders? Very many thnaks in advance for your help. pnbg1 If you moved a folder to Outlook Today, then it will show as a subfolder of Outlook Today so at the same level of your Inbox, Sent Items, Deleted Items, etc... folder. If you moved the messages to it, then you can access them by temporarily disabling the...

Mail Folders
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I am a Mac noob, wanted to use Entourage in hopes that it was similar to Windows Live Mail. The problem that I am having is this: when Entourage downloads my emails from the server it does not download the folder headings. All of my emails in different folders that I've set up in my account automatically go into the Inbox. Is there a way that I can have Entourage show the folders within the respective accounts, sort of like in Windows Live Mail? On 12/28/09 3:27 AM, jawe347@officeformac....

Spreadsheet cleaning
I downloaded info from another program to a spreadsheet. I am trying to clean up the data so I can use it. Please let me know if there is a way to do the following preferably without VBA. Post either solution but I'm just not too comfortable with VBA yet. What I want to do is to seek out every cell with an "*" and have Excel delete the entire row. Doing a sort would not be an option because the order of the data is important for my needs. Thank -RA Add a new column (say column A) Put 1 in A1 and put 2 in A2 select A1:A2 and drag it down your data using the autofil...

Public Folder Referals
Is it a must to have PF replicas configured before doing the referals? thanks admin Hi If the Routing Group does not contain at least one server with a replica of the Public Folder then referals would not achieve the desired result. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "admin" <admin@test.com> wrote in message news:%23bp4$QvSFHA.140@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is it a must to have PF replicas configured before doing the referals? > > thanks > admin > ...

Outlook Temporary Folder
I receive many attachments to emails every day. I know that Outlook stores these files in a folder with the following address: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLKxxx My problem is that this folder is getting very large very often and cannot be emptied out by normal means (disk cleanup, emptying recycle folders, etc.). I also cannot browse to this location in Windows Explorer. My question is, then how do I delete the files in this folder, as many of them quickly become unnecessary, and the files tend to take up a lot of disk space and affect...

VBScript String Clean function
This article provides a function written in VBScript which removes illegal characters from a string. The illegal characters are specified in an array at the beginning of the function. The function is passed the string which may contain illegal characters, which then processes the string to remove or replace any illegal characters. The code also allows you to specify the character or word which will replace specific illegal characters. The illegal characters provided in the function are included for processing strings which will become the filename of a document or list item in Sh...

How to start Outlook with multiple folders?
Thanks to advice from this group, in Outlook 2000 (XP), I was able to start Outlook and have my Inbox, Calendar, and Tasks each open in a different window. To accomplish this in 2K, I started with the normal single-pane Inbox, selected Calendar, then right-clicked to 'Open in a new window'. Similar exercise with the Task list created a third window. In Outlook 2K, these three windows were persistent. Every time I re-started Outlook, the three windows opened up. Not so in Outlook 2003 -- I need to manually open the two extra folder views every session. Is there a way to get Outlook...

How to copy a file to webDav folder in VC++
I want copy a file from local folder to a webDav folder in My Network Places of WindowsXP. I can drag and drop with mouse to copy it to webDav folder, but can't copy it with copy of Dos or copyFile of VC++. So i want to use the methode of drag and drop in WindowsXP. But I don't known, how can i call it? Which API should i use? Whith head file should i include? thank you very much! berg ...

bad behaviour of command bar buttons
bad behaviour of toolbar buttons=20 Hello, I=B4m developing an application with Excel 97. I have installed my own commandbar with some custom- buttons. I have also stored some icons, which I put on the=20 buttons with copy and the pasteface method. When I disable the buttons setting the enabled property to=20 false, the icons on the buttons disappear (no grayed=20 scheme remains). This happens only in Excel 97, not in=20 Excel 2000 or Excel XP (here the grayed scheme remains). Has anybody an explanation for this behaviour? Regards Michael ...

OWA Question
We use Public Folders on our exchange server in order to have a central place to post info like programs, pricelists, telephone lists, etc. We have some external users who wish to use Outlook Web Access (OWA) in order to be able to view their mail. Because they're not in the USA, dialup is not an option for them. Because they're satellite connected, they cannot use VPN. The problem with it that we've seen is Public Folders (and forms), which are really 2 problems. First: The folders display fine. The contents of them, the dates, etc. show up exactly like they should. The it...

Setting rules and alerts to run automatically on Spam folder?
I am attempting to undo a filter error that places valid email into the Spam folder. If I manually run the Rules and Alerts in the Spam folder, it will move the "spam" messages back to the Inbox. Is there a way to make the rule automatically run from a folder other than the Inbox? Hi Stu, [....] > Is there a way to make the rule automatically run from a folder other > than the Inbox? No. You could use another SpamFilter program (not Outlook spam filters) with more functions or have at first a look on this site for some further information about the Outlook Junk filte...